Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. (21770 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Incredible! Read The Best Divorce Letter I Have Seen Exchanged By A Couple / PLEASE HELP: I Want My Ex - Husband Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by PrettyCindy(f): 11:46am On Feb 14, 2013
Nuzo':
Seems like a case of getting pregnant in order to trap a man that apperently never felt a thing for you.

It just doesn't work!!

I don't feel sorry for you or the douchbag. I only feel sorry for the child the stupid adults produced. angry
)

This is the kind of annoying comments people like you make when you dont read the body of the subject thoroughly. Also you should patiently read the subsequent post made before coming to conclusion.
I wasnt pregnant when we married, you hear Mr ITK. I got pregnant about 7 months after marriage. Are you ok now?

Anything else you want to say?
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: )

This is the kind of annoying comments people like you make when you dont read the body of the subject thoroughly. Also you should patiently read the subsequent post made before coming to conclusion.
I wasnt pregnant when we married, you hear Mr ITK. I got pregnant about 7 months after marriage. Are you ok now?

Easy dear
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by andyanders: 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: )

Why reply someone who reasons with his anus while his brain is gone. How can he understand what you are talking about? Allow some comments to pass by as some people are sick hence their negative responses to issues like yours. You will over come this since you did not die in the marriage.The future holds high for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by PrettyCindy(f): 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
Uju and $ have killed me with laugh.
Jenny, your words are like raw acid. You cracked me up too.

Some said the op is this, the op is that. Op is rude, op is proud. Proud ke? Pride is the 1st of the seven sins the Lord hates most. Shebi na una get una hand. Make una use am type wetin sweet una.

I would have considered accepting him back if he apologised when i was still pregnant. My ex husband never apologises, he used to say its an abomination for a man to apologise to a woman. Since he got the letter, he didnt even call me. But he has been calling my cousin. He cant bring him self to apologise to me, that is how proud he is.

The thing is, there is nothin to go back for. I have thought about this well, i just cant think of any thing to look forward to if i accept him back.

7 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
searay:
Lolsssssssss.
U r funny. Hope u r not venting your "no man wants to take me out today" anger on me.

You don tire to post? eeediooot of a nonentity angry .C'mon carry that ya dry and unprofitable body like that of a roasted corn and comot for my face. angry May Devil blow his catarrh nose in your mouth. Nonsense Iyana-iba market woman.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by biolabee(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sisi_Kill: When. . .When. . .did a woman start putting herself first? How. . .when. . .did we land on Bizzaro world?!!

cheesy

Sisikill are you a fan of Superman
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
blueheart: Wow, so, why do all the 'good girls' marry 'terrible' guys? Itz not like u ladies didnt see all these coming. Through datin and courtship and all. Its really sad. @Op, am glad u still believe that good men exists. Good luck

Blueheart, it doesn't work that way. A good guy can change if he associates with negative personalities. Like the Bible says: "evil communication corrupts good manners".
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by biolabee(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
Op

I have read and it is true you were mal treated
I woudl like to add this though

1. Firstly abuse is not limiited to a tribe, ethnic group or race
2. He may be a bad husband but may be a good father
3. Before you take any irrevocable step, let someone neutral (your direct family may be too emotional) hear what he has to say, you may go along if you want

Specifically hear what he has to say
what plans he has for the child whether you go back or not
specific apologies for his actions to you or inaction (not protectin you)

Hear this then go back home to process

I like debrief's post, you can learn a lot from it.

If you want to give him a chance, then you lay your conditions for him

He has to go for HIV test, accept your business and let you know his plans for you and the child (unborn too)

If not move on, you seem driven and smart and will not be a liability to anyone, when the time is right you will get married again

4 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy:
That man maltreated me so much that thinking about it now is making me sick.
Don't go back! angry

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by RollingFella(m): 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
Uju and $ have killed me with laugh.

Some said the op is this, the op is that. Op is rude, op is proud. Proud ke? Pride is the 1st of the seven sins the Lord hates most. Shebi na una get una hand. Make una use am type wetin sweet una.

I would have considered accepting him back if he apologised when i was still pregnant. My ex husband never apologises, he used to say its an abomination for a man to apologise to a woman. Since he got the letter, he didnt even call me. But he has been calling my cousin. He cant bring him self to apologise to me, that is how proud he is.

The thing is, there is nothin to go back for. I have thought about this well, i just cant think of any thing to look forward to if i accept him back.

@OP, if your ex-husband apologises to to you sincerely,will you accept him back? Do you still have a little feelings for him despite all that he has done to you?

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
What I've come to realise is that there are men and there are MEN!

2 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
Men on this thread are really uncultured.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by RollingFella(m): 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
ferhyntorlah: What I've come to realise is that there are men and there are MEN!

@ferhyntorlah, i tend to agree with you. However, the mordern man needs a re-orinetation on how they view the modern woman. They need to acknowledge that the modern woman have come of age in the scheme of things in our modern world. Times have changed and as such,the modern man needs to change his orientation about women. I strongly believe that if men begin to see women as being in the same team with sole purpose of working towards same goal,the issue of divorce, separation and beating of women could be drastically reduced. Typical african men have inflated egos (probably because of the old african culture,not too sure though)but have to be open minded to the changes of the modern world and its women and be prepared to learn,listen and love.

4 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by slimyem: 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
Some men like the 25idiot on this thread just can't stand women like Prettycindy who can speak up for themselves when situations demand it,Say NO and/or know when to move on.cool
That should explain their bitterness on here..undecided
Prettycindy,I admire your strength through it all,the choices you have made and love your perfect responses to the nonentities on this thread.coolsmiley
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by 2sexycom(m): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: Uju and $ have killed me with laugh.

I am happy you have decided to take this decision.

For those who do not know the OP, I was following her with my other handle (2sexy) before Oga got angry and gave me 10 years sentence... God dey look sha.

And that follow up, she has written patches of stories about this man, a monster.

Na so their life be... they cant change. One left my aunt after she had her second daughter like the first through CS and it has been over 20 years now she set her eyes on that man after eating her money. The woman isn't as buoyant as she used to be financially.

Devils in human form. God knows any man who would try such with my own sister, after leaving and want to come back, will definitely have himself to blame. angry angry angry .

As for $25million AND Ujujoan case, I think it is high time Seun starts sieving usernames once he spot them... else I dont see why one would tell people how much he has when he was never asked (in another thread) in a thread for posting just pics...Odeiro is yet to be caught for the havoc wreaked #just saying.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by PrettyCindy(f): 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
RollingFella: Uju and $ have killed me with laugh.

@OP, if your ex-husband apologises to to you sincerely,will you accept him back? Do you still have a little feelings for him despite all that he has done to you?

No. I cant accept him back. I cant even imagine myself loving him again talkless of sharing my beautiful body with him.
Respect and trust are out of the question.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2013
This marriage thing ehn! I'm come to conclude that some people have no business being married. They get married for societal and family sake.

Infact the crop of men we have these days amazes me. So many babies claiming to have what it takes to be a husband.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by biolabee(m): 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy:

No. I cant accept him back. I cant even imagine myself loving him again talkless of sharing my beautiful body with him.

Op since you have already ruled out any form of reconciliation maybe you should hear the plans he has for the child.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by RollingFella(m): 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy:

Thats very good.this shows that you are very focused and have decided to move to another phase of life. But you have to purge yourself of all bitterness you have towards your ex-hubby.this will enable you have a clear sense of judgement in all matters related to him. Also,have it in mind that you have a link to your ex-hubby since you have a child for him.i will still suggest that you get to hear him out,one-on-one,so as to know what he will say,especially for the child.Have a frank,sincere,definite and decisive discussion with him regarding the entire situation,try to make sure he spells out his plans concerning the child.And please,if/whenever you have a talk with him,do not raise your voice.be calm,calculative and intelligent in your talks and be straight in what you want.you and your ex-hubby owe your child a good dose of tender loving care and good training,irrespective of whatever problems both of you have.At least, both of you owe that to God and society. Dont also forget that prayer can make the impossible to be possible,if only you have faith and believe.

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by 2sexycom(m): 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
ferhyntorlah: This marriage thing ehn! I'm come to conclude that some people have no business being married. They get married for societal and family sake.

Infact the crop of men we have these days amazes me. So many babies claiming to have what it takes to be a husband.
Did u check ur email lately?
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by 2sexycom(m): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
RollingFella:

Thats very good.this shows that you are very focused and have decided to move to another phase of life. But you have to purge yourself of all bitterness you have towards your ex-hubby.this will enable you have a clear sense of judgement in all matters related to him. Also,have it in mind that you have a link to your ex-hubby since you have a child for him.i will still suggest that you get to hear him out,one-on-one,so as to know what he will say,especially for the child.Have a frank,sincere,definite and decisive discussion with him regarding the entire situation,try to make sure he spells out his plans concerning the child.And please,if/whenever you have a talk with him,do not raise your voice.be calm,calculative and intelligent in your talks and be straight in what you want.you and your ex-hubby owe your child a good dose of tender loving care and good training,irrespective of whatever problems both of you have.At least, both of you owe that to God and society. Dont also forget that prayer can make the impossible to be possible,if only you have faith and believe.
Well said!
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by SisiKill1: 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
biolabee:

Sisikill are you a fan of Superman

Tee hee hee!! cheesy
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by creativemusic: 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by obi123: 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
i for one will do a runner but that's me, in any case things to consider, this person is now a stranger, because this is not the person you married ,it will be interesting however to hear from him why he left you at such a vulnerable time so please create an avenue to hear him out ,no need to shout and fight , you are there to listen .
The lord is your strength honey , dont let him come and disrupt the momentum of progress that you have gathered since he went AWOL.
May God strengthen you and direct your thoughts and actions

2 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by mikkyphp(m): 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Abegiiii....na today?
One sided story <hisses>
Happy Val to you all
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by bukatyne(f): 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
RollingFella:

@ferhyntorlah, i tend to agree with you. However, the mordern man needs a re-orinetation on how they view the modern woman. They need to acknowledge that the modern woman have come of age in the scheme of things in our modern world. Times have changed and as such,the modern man needs to change his orientation about women. I strongly believe that if men begin to see women as being in the same team with sole purpose of working towards same goal,the issue of divorce, separation and beating of women could be drastically reduced. Typical african men have inflated egos (probably because of the old african culture,not too sure though)but have to be open minded to the changes of the modern world and its women and be prepared to learn,listen and love.
@RollingFella,+10,000 likes for your post. I pray you marry agood woman if you are not married. One reason our men have over inflated egos is because of we women. As mothers, sisters etc how do we train our sons and brothers? A lot of guys don't do any house chore at home so why should they do chores when they marry? A lot of mothers don't see anything wrong in their sons having numerous galfriends and all sorts. A lot of boys are not taught humility, meekness and kindness at home. In a typical african home, a girl child is always corrected with 'is this this how do will this and that to your husband?' She is trained for a man to pluck in future. Now, how many boys are corrected in that manner? When a boy child is in control, his mother laughs 'yes, i have a man' not knowing she is ruining the happiness of a woman in future. Let women train their sons properly and the problem of over inflated ego in our men would reduce by 80%

4 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by bukatyne(f): 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
biolabee:

Op since you have already ruled out any form of reconciliation maybe you should hear the plans he has for the child.
@biolabee,I understand it'sgood the family unit is complete and all BUT a bitter home does far more harm than good to the children. It amazes me when women claim to stay in abusive marriages because of their kids. they don't know they are ruining the life of those kids that's why the kids turn out to be bitter and hardened in future. That's why some people look cool on the surface but are volcanos waiting to erupt underneath. Her child MIGHT be better off without the father. It's rare for a bad spouse to make a good parent though there are expections. One important quality of a good father/mother is treating his/her spouse with genuiue love and affection.

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by PrettyCindy(f): 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
mikkyphp: Abegiiii....na today?
One sided story <hisses>
Happy Val to you all

Are you just knowing that ? All stories on nairaland are always one sided but dont worry i will post the email and phone number of the other party to you so that you will ask him his own part of the story and at the end of the day, Seun will give you an award. Nonsense.
Abeg hiss yourself away from my thread jare.

2 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by searay(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
jennykadry:

You don tire to post? eeediooot of a nonentity angry .C'mon carry that ya dry and unprofitable body like that of a roasted corn and comot for my face. angry May Devil blow his catarrh nose in your mouth. Nonsense Iyana-iba market woman.
i don't care what you may call me. I still LOVE you..
On-Topic:
Woman, go back to your husband for sake of the child. He's now a change person. The masculine pride is now gone. Nobody will build your marriage for you. Besides no man is perfect. Pls forget about the past and forgive him. He still loves you.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by biolabee(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
bukatyne: @biolabee,I understand it'sgood the family unit is complete and all BUT a bitter home does far more harm than good to the children. It amazes me when women claim to stay in abusive marriages because of their kids. they don't know they are ruining the life of those kids that's why the kids turn out to be bitter and hardened in future. That's why some people look cool on the surface but are volcanos waiting to erupt underneath. Her child MIGHT be better off without the father. It's rare for a bad spouse to make a good parent though there are expections. One important quality of a good father/mother is treating his/her spouse with genuiue love and affection.
hmmmmmm.. true but not all the time

Some pple have issues with their spouse but are good providers to their kids
I know someone who does this exactly.. no form of spousal support which i do not agree but he does the best for his kid
However the op has made up her mind and just needed a sounding board
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by blueheart(m): 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Blueheart, it doesn't work that way. A good guy can change if he associates with negative personalities. Like the Bible says: "evil communication corrupts good manners".

I will av to disagree with u, i have both d good and more of the negative personalities around me, yet am not influenced because i believe deep inside everyone, there is a force of the good and the bad. Itz all a matter of what we choose to be @feyintola. Sumone said, men hide there true colors or sumthg, do u realise, ladies always overlook warning signs bcause they believe they can fix such a guy, even going as far as believing theirs wont be like the other unfortunate ladies that have dated such guys
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by baby124: 11:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
caropy: prettycindy, i think i have read some of your posts before. I am sorry to say, my deductions from the past post especially the one you talk about you baby being left-handed, the way you replied a comment even when the lady dont really mean it really look rude to me and if that is the same attitude you portray to your ex husband,then am not surprise. Now, this is where am going, i am from middle belt married to a yoruba man, (though my mum is yoruba), one thing i notice from these yoruba people is respect (they eat it like food), and this i know is not what is common from the south east you come from. now you paint it all that you have no fault in the breaking away but that is hard for me to believe. i will not blame the man until i hear his own side of the story (I ONLY BLAME HIME FOR THE ABUSE, THAT IS IF NO BE YOU FIRST START AM).

my advise for you before thinking of another man:
1: consider your waysssssssssssssssss
2: if you know you cant give respect, stay off from yorubas and the likes.
3: be humble and be respectful to your husband no matter the tribe.

am sorry if am hash sha. How is your left-handed baby? hope he is doing well with it?

hahahahaha. You are very smart and full of insight. No wonder only traditional marriage was done. The physical abuse aspect is sad, but this girl reacts like a screw is loose. Doesnt seem like she understands english too well. You didnt fall for the hype. Good for you. She better heed your advice. All these fake alarms. Do you want a cookie OP? So he wants you back? What should we do? Buy you a trophy? Better go and do court wedding, since when did traditional go to court Story land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Roles Of A Father! / Men/guys Plz Stop Encouraging/producing Baby Mamas / Man Divorced Wife Of 20 Years Over Suspicion She Was Raped By Kidnappers Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.