Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,549 members, 7,854,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:35 PM

Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops (20139 Views)

Business Owners Set Foreigners Shops Alight In Soweto / Dutch Closes Prisons For Lack Of Criminals / Mc Cain, Closes Up, New Fox Poll To Poll Shows 47:44; Obama Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by rastamouse: 1:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
I don't know how some people reason here. I smh at some of the comments. I doubt if most of you guys here even read the story well. The guys are claiming that the place was empty when they started selling at the place.

Now tell me...can anyone of you go to the United States and start selling at any place at all because the place is empty?

The way some people reason undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by SELFWORTH: 1:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
One sided story and yet everyone is mouthing off.

Knowing Nigerians as never abiding by the laws of their own country, I suspect this story.

Can't defend them. If you sorted out your own country, you won't be in Ghana. They mess up Nigeria and then start looking for somewhere to emigrate to but nemesis will always catch up with them.

There is no place like home! In your own country, you will never be considered an illegal immigrant.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 1:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx: Perhaps Ghanaians are also tribalists like the Lagos governor lol... grin

That's the problem with Nigerians - [s]you lot are allergic to running legit businesses with the right protocols[/s]... Yet you scream blue murder at everything...

Big ups to Ghanaians for ensuring sanity in their beloved country - Nigerians need to learn the hard way!!

A ruffled Uduba insisted that he had done all that was required by the Ghanaian law to do business in the country, “If you see in my hands, I have all the documents, we are obliged to obtain. This is the document from the Ghanaian government authorizing me to commence business in the country."
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Capnd143(m): 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
I will continously say that Ghanians and SA zulus are seeing nigerians as "IMPERIALIST IN THE MAKING". I trust our igbo ethnic the will keep going, but this type the will start manufacturing and whole, nigerians are slowly taking over their economy and their GDP is contributed partly by nigerian traders! GO TRADERS, KUDUS TO U! !

If we cut our oil and gas supply to them i wander what thd wil live on. Mtcheew . . . .!
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by PetroDollas: 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
lapaz6410:

liar! we can smell fake documents from far.
U be correct guy! dont mind those smelly bokos
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by aljharem(m): 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
datola: Igbo brothers being chased from the North and South.. also from Ghana. Something must be wrong.

Stop this marginalisation before another "There Was A Country" fiction is written.

Seriously there is something seriously wrong somewhere.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by unclenna(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
Enough of this hate from our fellow African country. I suggest that Nigeria should become a continent of its own and pull out from AFRICA. After all Australia is a country continent.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Abrantie: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
Whaledog: Hey Nigerian take it cool,Ghana should be aware of Nigerian danger ,if provoke could send a team from multiple battalion of boko haram to intervene on behalf of the nation,part of the sect obligation to avenge any illegality and brutality of Babylon system in Ghana .

We will be waiting. Read about our defense forces and see pics of our weapons:

https://www.nairaland.com/1194323/ghana-sends-deadly-lethal-brainy

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Whaledog: 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
PetroDollas: hahahaha
Boko haram on the loose ,what will Ghana do to stop boko now,those boys will partner with their Islamic counterpart in Ghana to perpetuate very dastardly blow in Ghanaian society.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Symphony007: 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
I've never been among those nigerians bashing ghana and i never will but this is just highly disrespectfull...it just shows what a waste of time ecowas is! That organisation has in no way helped us because no single country in this organisation is rich or productive enough for us to sign trade deals with so let's just abandon the rubbish, stop the west african gas pipeline which we send to the ghanians and other ecowas nations use to generate power, we should redirect it back to our national grid.

sign trade deals with developing countries who share our population potentials, countries like mexico, brazil, india, china, etc. Ecowas has never helped this country in anyway so if the only usefull advantage of our membership which is our citizens can trade and move freely in member states is facing trash like this, then we have no interest being members of this parasitic organisation!!
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
Why is everyone quick to assume all 40 traders are Igbo? "Igbo Traders Association" wasn't mentioned anywhere in the article. Uduba could be from anywhere in the South East or South South even Middle Belt.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Ogonimilitant(m): 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
The world hate the Jews. The jews are very prosperous , hating the Igbo Jews will make us richer.
Fashola is doing his own in Lagos. Tomorrow you want to vote for ACN. "Igbo nwenu uche"
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by rastamouse: 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
Symphony007: I've never been among those nigerians bashing ghana and i never will but this is just highly disrespectfull...it just shows what a waste of time ecowas is! That organisation has in no way helped us because no single country in this organisation is rich or productive enough for us to sign trade deals with so let's just abandon the rubbish, stop the west african gas pipeline which we send to the ghanians and other ecowas nations use to generate power, we should redirect it back to our national grid.

sign trade deals with developing countries who share our population potentials, countries like mexico, brazil, india, china, etc. Ecowas has never helped this country in anyway so if the only usefull advantage of our membership which is our citizens can trade and move freely in member states is facing trash like this, then we have no interest being members of this parasitic organisation!!

Have you asked yourself if the place they started selling was a market? So because of ECOWAS, everyone should be allowed to start market at any part of the country? I was laughing when the guy said he contemplated starting another market in a 'village' grin

Ghana is a well-planned country and you just don't start market anywhere in the name of ECOWAS!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by aryzgreat: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
gboss4sure:

Tax evasion?. Did you read the post at all. a man said he pays taxes and yet his shop was closed.

Your hatred is not earning you a dime, why not drop it?.

Dn't mind d retarded bingo, he will soon meet his waterloo.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Ironi: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
Capnd143: I will continously say that Ghanians and SA zulus are seeing nigerians as "IMPERIALIST IN THE MAKING". I trust our igbo ethnic the will keep going, but this type the will start manufacturing and whole, nigerians are slowly taking over their economy and their GDP is contributed partly by nigerian traders! GO TRADERS, KUDUS TO U! !

If we cut our oil and gas supply to them i wander what thd wil live on. Mtcheew . . . .!

Hehehe, you guys are too many to be torelated in a country. You invade in droves and behave like pests.

You don't play by the rules and you basically become a pain in the asss in any country.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by PetroDollas: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sweetapple007: What's special about Ghana, a very smal country that humiliate her fellow africa, i wander what AU is all about.
Size is not everything,huh?would u prefer a large,but fvcked country?or a small,but progressive one?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
Nigerians and their pseudo-patriotism and faux sense of Nigerianism... Don't run with the traders' side of the story - we need to listen to why the Ghanaian authorities closed down the 40 shops out of the hundreds of Nigerian shops in that area...

Nigerians are notorious for being fraudulent and disingenuous in everything they do all over the world - and I won't be surprised if this is another blame-game by the Nigerian traders to make Ghana look bad...

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2013
PetroDollas: Size is not everything,huh?would u prefer a large,but fvcked country?or a small,but progressive one?

I've visited friends in Accra a few times, it's alright. I wouldn't live there however.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx: Nigerians and their pseudo-patriotism and faux sense of Nigerianism... Don't run with the traders' side of the story - we need to listen to why the Ghanaian authorities closed down the 40 shops out of the hundreds of Nigerian shops in that area...

Nigerians are notorious for being fraudulent and disingenuous in everything they do all over the world - and I won't be surprised if this is another blame-game by the Nigerian traders to make Ghana look bad...

Look for an article on the authorities' side and create a topic.
Like in comprehension tests, you can only answer questions based on information made available to you.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
I just googled Kaneshie market - and the market looks pretty big...

So, why just 40 Nigerian shops out of the hundreds of Nigerian shops in that market

We can't play victim(s)/victimhood all the time, we need to start taking responsibilities for our own actions and inactions.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by PetroDollas: 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
Whaledog: Boko haram on the loose ,what will Ghana do to stop boko now,those boys will partner with their Islamic counterpart in Ghana to perpetuate very dastardly blow in Ghana.
hahaha we'll be ready for them.no shaking
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
PetroDollas: Size is not everything,huh?would u prefer a large,but fvcked country?or a small,but progressive one?
long time no see on nairaland! how are you doing? grin
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

Look for an article on the authorities' side and create a topic.
Like in comprehension tests, you can only answer questions based on information made available to you.

However, every intelligent person knows it's problematic to judge based on one side of the story - that's why critical thinking is important...

The question should be: Why just 40 shops out of the hundreds of Nigerian shops in that market??
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx: I just googled Kaneshie market - and the market looks pretty big...

So, why just 40 Nigerian shops out of the hundreds of Nigerian shops in that market

We can't play victim(s)/victimhood all the time, we need to start taking responsibilities for our own actions and inactions.

gradual process perhaps....I for one would love to see Nigerians leave that country. Accra is the only decent place there and it really isn't that great to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by folahann(m): 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
May be the Nigerians there celebrated winning the Afcon. That must have vexed the Ghanians so much. Those Guys are only interested in our downfall

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by aryzgreat: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx: I just googled Kaneshie market - and the market looks pretty big...

wia did u get ur hundreds of nigerians statistics from?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by ba7man(m): 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
The Ghanians presented their needed requirements to trade. If you can't fulfil them, try another country.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Whaledog: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
Relax time Ghana,relax time .The military wing of boko putting logistics issues in consideration and after that the organization will announce its operational commencement as soon as possible.Remember Jonathan said at G8 summit ,that the threat of boko is not limited within Nigeria border,but the organization have the resources for migration.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

However, every intelligent person knows it's problematic to judge based on one side of the story - that's why critical thinking is important...

The question should be: Why just 40 shops out of the hundreds of Nigerian shops in that market??

But you already judged in favour of the authorities without considering the trader's side of the story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Letter With Poisonous Ricin Sent To Obama / US Brands India’s Response To Ukraine War ‘Unsatisfactory / Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.