Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops (20093 Views)

Business Owners Set Foreigners Shops Alight In Soweto / Dutch Closes Prisons For Lack Of Criminals / Mc Cain, Closes Up, New Fox Poll To Poll Shows 47:44; Obama Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ghana
Population: 24.2million
Stable, security, adequate, cheaper, electricity etc.

Nigeria
Population: 150million
Unstable, insecurity, lack of electricity, most corrupt hellhole on the planet, 70% unemployment rate etc..

That speaks for itself when it comes to migration pattern - humanoids will always migrate to a better place QED!

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by brown3: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
rastamouse:

Have you asked yourself if the place they started selling was a market? So because of ECOWAS, everyone should be allowed to start market at any part of the country? I was laughing when the guy said he contemplated starting another market in a 'village' grin

Ghana is a well-planned country and you just don't start market anywhere in the name of ECOWAS!
shut that ur smelling mouth. what about those ghanians they left, if there wasn't supose to be a market place, they would have locked every shop there. Dont allow hatred to block ur sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by loswhite(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
rastamouse: I don't know how some people reason here. I smh at some of the comments. I doubt if most of you guys here even read the story well. The guys are claiming that the place was empty when they started selling at the place.

Now tell me...can anyone of you go to the United States and start selling at any place at all because the place is empty?

The way some people reason undecided
so dat is d only tin u saw in d post and u read d story well
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by PetroDollaz: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

try visiting again. lots of changes since 2010. I live here n can see huge prospects for my country.Ghana is definately on a road 2 somewhere. can nigger-ians say d same abt their country?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

I guess both the Nigerian High Commission and Institute for the Study of International Migration, Georgetown University are both unreliable sources, no

Ok, how about use common sense and judge based on the population vis-a-vis habitability of the two country?? Can you just do that and stop the redundant argument?

Seriously, I could care less if you have got two Engineering degrees, or not - this isn't about qualification thumping - it's about common sense!!

I thought for a second you were trying to patronize me by asking me to the math.
I've removed that part for a reason and would be appreciate it if you'd unquote it as well.

How do you use common sense to obtain data for migration to a particular country.
Nigerians migrate everywhere and Ghana isn't the only destination nor is the most popular one.

Heck, we can do that as well if you want...

ok, so what degrees do you have?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by loswhite(m): 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
unclenna: Enough of this hate from our fellow African country. I suggest that Nigeria should become a continent of its own and pull out from AFRICA. After all Australia is a country continent.
are u still in Akara school?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
ayswags: First to comment again 3 times just today only, baba god thank u

You seem to be unemployed and hopelessly living your life. Get something tangible to do and get yourself out of your hoplessness.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Chofa(m): 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx: Perhaps Ghanaians are also tribalists like the Lagos governor lol... grin

That's the problem with Nigerians - you lot are allergic to running legit businesses with the right protocols... Yet you scream blue murder at everything...

Big ups to Ghanaians for ensuring sanity in their beloved country - Nigerians need to learn the hard way!!
Not only Nigerians but the Chineese nationals were also included, the Idea was to reserve that Aspect of the Economy for the Indigenes.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by BankuTilapia: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
BOKO HARAM will split ur country for u by 2015 b4 dat clown u call president does. In Ghana we r Jux chilling heheeee no bombings, kidnapping, no Muslims n Christians stuffs we Jux chilling.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx: Ghana
Population: 24.2million
Stable, security, adequate, cheaper, electricity etc.

Nigeria
Population: 150million
Unstable, insecurity, lack of electricity, most corrupt hellhole on the planet, 70% unemployment rate etc..

That speaks for itself when it comes to migration pattern - humanoids will always migrate to a better place QED!
And Ghana is the only better place?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by PetroDollaz: 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
[quote author=Banku&Tilapia] yeah we Ghanaians r hardworking whether we r security guards,houseboys etc we don't care cuz we were tot to work hard n earn our legally. INDEED,GOD WILL CONTINUE 2 BLESS GHANA WHILE HATERS DEVELOP BP.BLOOD SUCKIN DEMONS
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

I thought for a second you were trying to patronize me by asking me to the math.
I've removed that part for a reason and would be appreciate it if you'd unquote it as well.

How do you use common sense to obtain data for migration to a particular country.
Nigerians migrate everywhere and Ghana isn't the only destination nor is the most popular one.

However, which country with the same lingua franca is the closest to Nigeria and which is the easiest for Nigerians to migrate to and blend in straight-away?? Common sense again!!

And when Nigerians migrate to other countries, they move primarily to English speaking countries - hence why most Nigerian diasporans reside in countries like: UK, USA, Ireland, Canada etc. in the West...

ok, so what degrees do you have?

I can't be arsed to do the Nigerian-esque certificate thumping thing - too un-Nigerian for that..
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

And Ghana is the only better place?

It's the easiest to migrate to and it's also an English speaking country...
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Chofa(m): 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
Suljosh: Those silly ghanaians are jst being jealous because we won the Afcon13. Ghanaians, luk a like premature p.u.n.c.h of incubators babies they are. Go and blame it on BANCEfasos
GROW UP DUDE! we r Talking about "bread n butter" issues here, serious economic matters, u kids want to contribute to issues that u don't understand, where is ur Mummy?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by BankuTilapia: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
Hahahaaaa cum n see how many Nigerians r sending their kids to GH for education Jux because they want their kids to pronounce words properly. Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in Ghana hardly u will hear sum1 saying PORSHOE instead of PURSUE. Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want to porshoeeee, wot da phuck is dat grin grin angry grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

However, which country with the same lingua franca is the closest to Nigeria and which is the easiest for Nigerians to migrate to and blend in straight-away?? Common sense again!!

And when Nigerians migrate to other countries, they move primarily to English speaking countries - hence why most Nigerian diasporans reside in countries like: UK, USA, Ireland, Canada etc. in the West...

Are you for real? Nigerians move anywhere regardless of the language. They believe they can learn the language and often do.
I wouldn't use the words "more" and "most" without backing but there are many Nigerians in Germany, Netherlands, Switz etc. Even Gabon and Equatorial Guinea used to be hot spots.

I can't be arsed to do the Nigerian-esque certificate thumping thing - too un-Nigerian for that..

Really?
when you stated the below, did you momentarily forget you were "too un-Nigerian"?

shymexx: Heck, we can do that as well if you want...
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
Hahahaaaa cum n see how many Nigerians r sending their kids to GH for education Jux because they want their kids to pronounce words properly. Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in Ghana hardly u will hear sum1 saying PORSHOE instead of PURSUE. Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want to porshoeeee, wot da phuck is dat grin grin angry grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

"mast" is not the right way to pronounce "must" neither is "edge" the right way to pronounce "urge". I could go on...
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by brown3: 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
hotwax:

Chinese do businesses, invest, establish companies in other part of the world.

They dont sell fairly used cloths (BK), spare part, tires in shops
go to oshodi chinese have taken over in ankara and las selling. They have beaten the yoruba women in the busines. The yoruba women and now doing baranda a.k.a oso ahia. Stop reason with so much hatred with ur amala brain.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

Are you for real? Nigerians move anywhere regardless of the language. They believe they can learn the language and often do.
I wouldn't use the words "more" and "most" without backing but there are many Nigerians in Germany, Netherlands, Switz etc. Even Gabon and Equatorial Guinea used to be hot spots.

I have been to the three countries you listed and I can assure you that there are more Nigerians in East London(I don't even want to talk about South London) than in all those three countries combined!! Heck, most Nigerians in those countries are moving to the UK because of the EU thing... Common sense again!!!! Language will always play a role in where people migrate to... People from francophone countries reside mostly in France... Angolans and Mozambicans mostly migrate to Portugal and vice versa!

Really?
when you stated the below, did you momentarily forget you were "too un-Nigerian"?

Ok, let me indulge you... I have got two degrees (and more) in IT from the largest University campus in the UK(google that) and a red brick University... Are you happy now?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Kajina: 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

"mast" is not the right way to pronounce "must" neither is "edge" the right way to pronounce "urge". I could go on...

Go to the link below and type in "must" and "urge" and listen to the ENGLISH MAN himself pronounce itcheesy

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=must&submit=Submit

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Symphony007: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
rastamouse:

Have you asked yourself if the place they started selling was a market? So because of ECOWAS, everyone should be allowed to start market at any part of the country? I was laughing when the guy said he contemplated starting another market in a 'village' grin

Ghana is a well-planned country and you just don't start market anywhere in the name of ECOWAS!
did'nt you read the article? There were other stores that was owned by ghanians but somehow there's were'nt touched, it was only the nigerians!! How does that make sense? It is very telling that john mahama will travel to abuja a few days after his inuagration to ask pres. Jonathan to help speed up work on the west african gas pipeline cause ghana needs it to feed their power plants, while nigeria suffers lack of power we feed your country gas meant for our national grid, yet what do we get in return? Humiliation and disrespect of our citizens!!
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by fauxxies: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint: They (Ghanaians) have always see us as rivals but this is not so, we are their Masters ( I can never forget the 80s when they were puff-puff sellers, shoemakers, tailors (obioma) and the likes), wao, how time flies. Ghana n be yen embarassed
Ok. Since when do masters leave their mansions to squat with their servants? Who are you fooling? Thank God you didn't say those Ghanaians were involved in something illegal. we are hardworking people and will rather be shoemakers than armed robbers. many armed robbers arrested in Ghana are nigerians and fulanis from other countries but I trust the no-nonsense policemen to deal ruthlessly with them. If nigeria is such a giant and a paradise on earth what are your people doing in Ghana? did they not see benin or togo on their way? we are busy holding our government accountable to us and you are here talking nonsense. you abide by the rules when you decide to live in a foreign country. if you can't stand the heat you have no business being in the kitchen, just get out! tell goodluck to send Ghanaians packing. I for one would love to see every Ghanaian leaving nigeria to come back home. at least they can have peace of mind and not worry about being bombed by boko haram or kidnapped by some fools.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by BankuTilapia: 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

It's not ur fault u r a Niggerian grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Kajina: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

It's not ur fault u r a Niggerian grin grin grin cheesy grin grin

ROTFLMFAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Netanyahu Rejects US Calls For Palestinian State After Gaza War / North Korea Recognises Breakaway Of Russia's Proxies In East Ukraine / Shooting At Fields Mall, Copenhagen. Casualties Recorded, One Suspect Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.