Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,813 members, 7,844,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops (20121 Views)

Business Owners Set Foreigners Shops Alight In Soweto / Dutch Closes Prisons For Lack Of Criminals / Mc Cain, Closes Up, New Fox Poll To Poll Shows 47:44; Obama Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Kajina: 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

I listened. I didn't hear "mast".

LOL! Okay my dear, HE WHO HAVE EARS LET HIM HEAR cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
Kajina:

LOL! Okay my dear, HE WHO HAVE EARS LET HIM HEAR cheesy grin

I agree
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by TheGeneral1(m): 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Hon. Lord:
Something must have led to this action. It cannot be in vain to start bashing or victimizing Nigerians over nothing.

Can someone tell us the real problem - Is it that Nigerians are not supposed to do retail business but Whole sale while they are doing both? or that the Ghanian government decided to trickishly push them out seeing that they have established a market for them and want to take-over the place for same kind of business? - I cannot just read this and conclude because certain laws might be ignored for a long time but when a new administrator comes into power/office, might decide to implement all no matter how people may feel about it.

Oga association, liase with Ghana authorities to know the real problem before voicing-out surprises - Ka chineke nu eziokwu (according to Zebrudaya)!

It is not only nigerians that have been sacked. By the laws of Ghana, no foreighner can do retail business in a market.

You can only do that with a minimum capital of 300,000 US dollars and also employ Ghanaians.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by RedLight1: 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx: Nigerians and their pseudo-patriotism and faux sense of Nigerianism... Don't run with the traders' side of the story - we need to listen to why the Ghanaian authorities closed down the 40 shops out of the hundreds of Nigerian shops in that area...

Nigerians are notorious for being fraudulent and disingenuous in everything they do all over the world - and I won't be surprised if this is another blame-game by the Nigerian traders to make Ghana look bad...
u mean the same way u have been evading tax, doing unmentionable thinggs in UK huh? Sorry not everyone is a criminal like u.... Their are people like me doing legit business all over the world and making Nigeria proud always .... Odeh

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Cusubaba(m): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
vizboy: this is not the full story according to what i read a few days ago in ghanaweb it was only the nigerians that were not allowed to do there business why other foreigners from other countries where allow to go about there business in same market. Are you guys trying to say that that same law that affected the nigerians doesnt have effect on the other foreigners like the chinese or was it just out of hatred
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by TheGeneral1(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
kalunomics: talk about better things. The major challenge of every developed country is terrorism. U.S.A. as big as it today suffers more terrorist attacks than Nigeria. Talk about unemployment and electricity, and i'll know someone is not being biased here.

Liar! since 9/11, have u heard of any attack?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by TheGeneral1(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Red-Light:
nonsense ... Ghana must go era didn't start becos we hate gaynians ...it was when their crimes was unbearable...have u asked urself, why was it that it was only gaynians that got pushed out of Nigeria..despite many natinalities here in Nigeria in the 80s ...especially the liberians, searial leonians and other war torned cuntries in Africa in the 80s/90s that came to Nigeria as refugees like gaynians ......

By the way if the Chinese are ruling peoples economy ..does that mean we should find dubious ways of chasing them outta our country and taken over their businesses unjustly ?think man .... This gaynians have personal beef for us ...which we don't care about... And we shall continue to lord over them for atleast another 15 millenium

Liar! that happened after we sacked niggar-rians in 1969.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
Agh agh, wat r we still waiting for? Let wat happened to British airways and South africa happen to them naa. R we d giants for mouth? Na we tell them make them win indomie for afcon wen men were winning trophies?

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by JeSoul(f): 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
A whole slew of folks are now serving bans...anyone else want to join them? otherwise please mind your language and post according to the rules. Thanks.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by BrownBread: 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
If u don't lyk da country Jux leave n return bak to ur eeerrrrmmmm giant of Africa. How hard is diz ALATA FUO
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Reference(m): 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
grin Chei. David Mark. See wetin you cause oh.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
Why did you hide my post and not the other geezer's post??

Smh at Nigerians! Lmao..
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
who's the mode for this section? I have a request.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

US Brands India’s Response To Ukraine War ‘Unsatisfactory / US To Send More Bombs And Warplanes To Israel / Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.