Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,716 members, 7,844,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops (20120 Views)

Business Owners Set Foreigners Shops Alight In Soweto / Dutch Closes Prisons For Lack Of Criminals / Mc Cain, Closes Up, New Fox Poll To Poll Shows 47:44; Obama Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by yawkusi: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
Kei144: Other places are not like Nigeria. From what has been described in this thread, it clear that Ghanaian authorities demand that foreigners formally register their businesses. Anyone who cannot abide by their rules should actually leave them alone.

At least some Nairalanders have brain. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by dederocs(m): 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
hairyman: Have we all forgotten the ghana must go saga, I have read through all these comments but saw none. What a country sows it must reap. Nigeria sowed intolerance back then ang ghana cannot be expected to do otherwise. Its a great pity though. But fellow Nigerians tell me something, are you really happy about the chinese and the lebanese running almost all major enterprises in naija, 'invading' us if I may quote some ops. Ghananians are workig against that, as almost all developed countries are protrotecting their economy. Actually, it. Is naija that needs to change not ghana...take a look at both countries and decide for yourself.
YOU ARE AN IGNORAMUS,GHANIANS STARTED DISCRIMINATING AGAINST NIGERIANS BACK THEN BEFORE WE HIT BACK-NAIJA DIDNT THROW THE FIRST PUNCH-YOU DUMB UNPATRIOTIC IGNORAMUS.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

How do you know the bolded? Evidence please.
Have you been to everywhere in Nigeria or every in Ghana? Nigeria isn't Lagos.
There are many Ghanaian teachers in the south south and east, teaching for very low wages. I'm guessing you haven't lived in or been to these areas.

Laughable! - I know most Nigerians will laugh at your post...

Perhaps, we've to agree to disagree...
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

what part will they laugh at?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
The funniest thing is that if the names of the 40 shop owners were to published, there might be more people from other ethnic groups than those claiming victimhood... However, some people just like to whine about everything rather than being objective in their reasoning...

The truth is that there are more Yoruba traders in other Western African countries than other Nigerian ethnic groups...

You lot need to sort out your medieval brain cells, for crying out loud!!

I'm out!
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

what part will they laugh at?

That there are more Ghanaians in Nigeria in 2013 A.D..
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by solomon111(m): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by solomon111(m): 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

you haven't been to Nigeria before.
There is a primary school close to where i live,with lots of ghanian teachers.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by dederocs(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
PetroDollas: hahahaha water don pass garri bi dat.yeye dey smell! you apes aint seen nothing yet! modafakas. we'll hunt u down n kick ur dirty azzes back 2 boko haramed country.fuelish goats! let them go back to their fvcked up 'paradise!'
EVEN IN YOUR COUNTRY NIGERIANS DEY OPPRESS UNA...YOU PEOPLE ARE LIVING IN THE STONE AGE,THATS WHY TOURISTS LIKE TO GO TO GHANA SO THEY SEE REAL "APE LIKE" AFRICANS.no good food,imagine people dey chop corn and pepper as food.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by creativemusic: 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Biggysmalls919(m): 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
i feel very sorry for nigeria and nigerians including myself. a common country like ghana treating nigeria like this. imagine that guy saying he has resident permit. something nobody talks about in nigeria. what a shame?? hw many foreigners have resident permit in nigeria pls? i think we deserve what we are getting right nw to be sincere. we often think our lawless nigerian lifestyle can be taken to other countries? no, they won't tolerate that. the nigerian immigration is just a sleeping organ of govt since they don't know what immigration duty is all about. shame to nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

That there are more Ghanaians in Nigeria in 2013 A.D..

Who said that?

Your statement:
shymexx:

there are more Nigerians in Ghana than Ghanaians in Nigeria

My reply:

How do you know the bolded? Evidence please.
Have you been to everywhere in Nigeria or every in Ghana? Nigeria isn't Lagos.
There are many Ghanaian teachers in the south south and east, teaching for very low wages. I'm guessing you haven't lived in or been to these areas.
It pays to read a bit slower sometimes.
Still waiting for evidence now that I proved my post not be laughable smiley
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by dederocs(m): 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
Whaledog: Relax time Ghana,relax time .The military wing of boko putting logistics issues in consideration and after that the organization will announce its operational commencement as soon as possible.Remember Jonathan said at G8 summit ,that the threat of boko is not limited within Nigeria border,but the organization have the resources for migration.
let them keep calling for bokoharam,they forget that terrorists are not limited to any geographic area.gaynians have small minds.they even have a street "king james" street in accra where white men Bleep black ape like gaynian boys for 5usd...that country stinks-their youths are too hungry to buy condoms,hence they have the highest hiv.they are really suffering there.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
berem: after your usual ranting,i hope you will go! no be to com nairaland come make noise! grin
berem I thought your a female,since when did u become male?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by dederocs(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

Is Nigeria better than Ghana?? - that's a million dollar question...

Nigerian businesses contribute more than 60% gdp to your poor country,this include the numerous Nigerian banks there.our government even help your government with gas...ask your president.mumu,smelly country with poor people dying slowly of poverty,i wept for gaynians when i visited earler this year.i was feeding a whole family for the 3weeks i spent there,gaynians are so poor they tolerate gays so the white men will keep giving them aids and to attract gay tourists,gaynians are so poor food sellers sell garri along with beans,gaynians are so poor they cant built toilets even in houses in Accra,one thing you will notice is the numerous public toilets there everywhere in accra.dry country.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by solomon111(m): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
I hope the pan-africanists(cap28,rossikke,igbo2011) can give it a rest,now.
Africa has never,and will never be one.
The boundaries will always be there.
We have to work on ourselves,and look to further our interests,and our interests only.
Nigeria should count their loses and move on.
And also make it a point of duty to retaliate any injustice carried out against Nigerians in any part of africa with maximum force.
Once beaten,twice shy.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by kalunomics(m): 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
Akshow: oh puhleeeze jus Shut it. So Its only Igbo traders that are daily being affected by Fashola's reforms? Silly bigot why dint you cry foul when a governor in the east sack all non Igbos from the state ministry? Always claimin to be the victim when they are even worse.
which state and when? Do some research and see if you'll get a genuine link to back up your claims
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

Who said that?

Your statement:

My reply:

It pays to read a bit slower sometimes.
Still waiting for evidence now that I proved my post not be laughable smiley

I already said let's agree to disagree... However, I'll do this for posterity sake....

Nigeria:
Right now more than 1 million Nigerians live in Ghana, which has a total population of 23 million, according to the Nigerian High Commission here in Accra.
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/ghana/090601/nigerian-ghana-fight-reputation

Ghana:
By the mid 1990s, it was estimated that between two and four million Ghanaians, or 10 to 20 percent of Ghana's approximately 20 million people, were living abroad (see Figure 1)

http://www.migrationinformation.org/USFocus/display.cfm?ID=381

^^^^Use the map to do that maths... 10% of 2-4million/ = 200,000-400,000.... And that was in 2001 before Ghana became what it's today... The number should be lesser than that now.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
loswhite: mumu did u read d post? They said they have their papers meaning in d coming days we will find out wa happened

What's your IQ? - what's the correlation between VAT and papers?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by dederocs(m): 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

However, there are more Nigerians in Ghana than Ghanaians in Nigeria - that shows all you need to know in a comparative analysis of the habitability of the two places...

Security and good health are the two important things in life and Ghana seems to be far ahead of Nigeria when it comes to those two important aspects of good living... I'd rather live in Ghana than Nigeria, to be honest...
why u no go there,make hungry finish you.am sure u ave never gone to ghana b4 u just talk base on your false perceptions.go na.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
dederocs:
you are a fool,who told you that there are more Nigerians in ghana n less ghanians in Nigeria.most Nigerians that go to ghana are escaping prosecution,holiday travellers,yahoo boys etc-they don't stay there forever.Ghanians in Nigeria are houseboys and stewards-they are contesting jobs with Nigerians thats even worse cos they give no real benefits to the government.

Your comment don't deserve a reply!!

Go play checkers with ya mates in the sun - only chess players are allowed to post on this thread!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by somegirl1: 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
shymexx:

I already said let's agree to disagree... However, I'll do this for posterity sake....

Nigeria:
Right now more than 1 million Nigerians live in Ghana, which has a total population of 23 million, according to the Nigerian High Commission here in Accra.
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/ghana/090601/nigerian-ghana-fight-reputation

Ghana:
By the mid 1990s, it was estimated that between two and four million Ghanaians, or 10 to 20 percent of Ghana's approximately 20 million people, were living abroad (see Figure 1)

http://www.migrationinformation.org/USFocus/display.cfm?ID=381

^^^^Use the map to do that maths... 10% of 2-4million/ = 200,000-400,000.... And that was in 2001 before Ghana became what it's today... The number should be lesser than that now.

You agree to disagree when you've reached an impasse.

Assuming your sources are reliable, are there by any chance any recent figures? Even Nigerian migration hadn't skyrocketed in the 1990s.
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
hisson3: berem I thought your a female,since when did u become male?
for the valentine season,i am a male.after valentine i will go back being a female. grin
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by PetroDollaz: 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
[quote author=dederocs]NIGERIANS DEY OPPRESS UNA.YOU PEOPLE ARE LIVING IN THE STONE AGE,THATS WHY TOURISTS LIKE TO GO TO GHANA. DO GHANAIANS LOOK LIKE THEY CAN BE 'OPPRESSED' BY ANYBODY,NOT LEAST SOME SHITY M0RONIC NIGGER-IANS WITH AN IQ OF A FISH?
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by tomakint: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
berem: for the valentine season,i am a male.after valentine i will go back being a female. grin
***Holy Moses*** shocked shocked shocked Horror movie in Nairaland shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by PetroDollaz: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Eeeediot its our Phucking country Jux do da ryt tin n u will enjoy peace but dis is hard for an average nigerian. angry cheesy grin
Tell that piece of sh1t for me.if they dont like our laws then let them get out.simple

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Closes 40 Nigerians’ Shops by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
***Holy Moses*** shocked shocked shocked Horror movie in Nairaland shocked shocked shocked
tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

US Brands India’s Response To Ukraine War ‘Unsatisfactory / US To Send More Bombs And Warplanes To Israel / Shooting At Northside Hospital, Atlanta. 1 Dead, 4 Injured. Shooter on the run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.