Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? (5810 Views)

Cyprus International University (ciu) ...... Everything I Need To Know / Canadian Visa Experts is a scam / North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? by PrettyCindy(f): 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goodafternoon, please i will like to get some information from you guys.

My younger brother who is 26years (1986), was granted admission to study Business Administration. The agent we are using brought an acceptance letter from the school and last week, the visa was issued. When we saw the visa this morning, it had one month transit visit written on it. We are suspecting serious foul play because we expected that the visa will be 3-4years sudent visa.
Also we are concerned if its possible the whole thing is a scam as the age is supposed to be a barrier.
The man said the student vis will be issued in Turkey.

Please can anyone share with me if this is real?
Is there a way we can verify the authenticity of the admission?
The agent said they will be starting lectures on monday.
Re: Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? by justwise(m): 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
Speak to wip7 here he will give you an accurate answer as he is very knowledgeable in the area of student visa and Cyprus https://www.nairaland.com/351402/north-cyprus/75

1 Like

Re: Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? by PrettyCindy(f): 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
justwise: Speak to wip7 here he will give you an accurate answer as he is very knowledgeable in the area of student visa and Cyprus https://www.nairaland.com/351402/north-cyprus/75

I already dropped a copy of this post there.
Re: Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy:

I already dropped a copy of this post there.

Ok.
Re: Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: Goodafternoon, please i will like to get some information from you guys.

My younger brother who is 26years (1986), was granted admission to study Business Administration. The agent we are using brought an acceptance letter from the school and last week, the visa was issued. When we saw the visa this morning, it had one month transit visit written on it. We are suspecting serious foul play because we expected that the visa will be 3-4years sudent visa.
Also we are concerned if its possible the whole thing is a scam as the age is supposed to be a barrier.
The man said the student vis will be issued in Turkey.

Please can anyone share with me if this is real?
Is there a way we can verify the authenticity of the admission?
The agent said they will be starting lectures on monday.

I am a student of Cyprus International University. Let me start by answering your questions one after the other:
English preparatory exam was conducted for new students today if your brother didn't right the exam today, it means he is going to be in English preparatory class for one semester before proceeding to year one.
Number two: Cyprus is divided into two. North Cyprus and the South Cyprus. North Cyprus is control by Turkey why South Cyprus is control by Greece. If you are coming to school in Cyprus International University, You are to apply for your visa in the Turkish embassy in Maitama and 0ne month transit visa will be issue to you. With that transit visa, you take a flight from Lagos to Istanbul and from Istanbul to Ercan in North Cyprus. When your brother get to Ercan Airport in North Cyprus, the airport police will take is conditional and uncoditional letter from him and check their own list sent to them by the school and if your brother's name is there, one month visa will be issues to him but, if his name is not in their list, he will be arrested immediately.
Before the expiration of the one month visa, he would have done his registration, preparatory test and others for them to issue him one year residence permit. He will need to be renewing it every year. I hope this help?

2 Likes

Re: Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? by PrettyCindy(f): 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
Wow Fados, thank you very much. I appreciate.

Wip7 has been of immense help to me. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? by dharry: 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
plsease i ve been given an appointment at the turkish emabassy in nigeria for my master program in ciu. please i need ur advice on how to go about it. thanks. please reply
Re: Cyprus International University Admission. Please Is This A Scam? by jeriwap(m): 11:16am On Dec 19, 2013
Please peepz,..I have D7 in my waec maths nd chemistry..and credited d rest...wuld I be admitted in any engineerin course in any Cyprus university..pls

(1) (Reply)

The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl / How Do You Guys Now Send Money To Nigeria From The USA? / Any Nigerian With Infomation About Trailer Driving In U.s.a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.