Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? (9934 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) / I Can’t Believe My Husband Is Asking Me For This!! / Is It Proper For A Wife To Wear A 'g-string'? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by biolabee(m): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
accordin to what i have seen

Hallowen (dress up costume day ) is synonymous with Valentine (dress up days)

wetin man no go see with neo-modernistic parenting
Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by damiso(f): 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
I dont think its necessary.My daughter's school(a catholic sch) emphasised more on Love meaning being kind to one another.They made cards for mummy and daddy as well as contributing £1 for a school in Kenya.And that was more or less it.

I do agree that valentine is very very OTT in Nigeria and it increases every year.Its much more subdued and laid back here.I even think.mother's day is more visible sef.

But to borrow that my over calcu husband's words,the real motive behind the sudden popularity of these made up pagan holidays is to maximise profit for the coporate world.And we are wondering why china is a world power,thats where most of the tat you all keep buying and consuming is made.(all grammar just so he can get away with card,flower and chocolate angry).

1 Like

Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
@damiso mine went to old folks home to sing for seniors.

@biolabee... let everybody raise their kids their way , what matters is the finished product , then we can talk then. I don't have time going in circles with nonentities calling names.

Na Kids with unlimited choice in life and guaranteed beautiful perfect future una dey flush your dirty mouth ontop cheesy

and yeah we celebrate everything except sango ode/ osun/ igonmode etc worship idols.

Lmao!!
Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by baby124: 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Loool, parents can be free to do what they want with their kids. But schools have no right to demand parents participate in any superficial or religious events. Except maybe like end of year party. And even that should be optional for those who care to attend or participate. Nigerians operate too much on compulsion, and I would not find it funny with that school. If they send my child home for valentines, they are giving me a refund for that day. I will calculate the fees by day and request my money back. Otherwise they either fire that teacher or really compensate me. I will be that schools worst nightmare honestly. I am paying them, they are not paying for my kids to come to their school. I would have a problem with anyone that would force my future kids to do such if I am not okay with it. That's rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sagamite:

Realistic?

Do you think if anyone had told me yesterday that teachers IN NIGERIA would tell young kids to celebrate valentine and wear red to school, I would have have thought that was realistic?

I just noticed the IN NIGERIA edit. Did the OP say it happened in Nigeria? My impression was that it happened outside Nigeria in a place where some form of valentine day celebration is typical. If its in Nigeria, that's even worse because there is no reason whatsoever to adopt that.

But if you live outside Nigeria where candy and cards for parents are the norm in preschools and toddler daycares, please feel free to self deport so as not to participate in neo modernistic parenting.
Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by biolabee(m): 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
jidegirl12:

@biolabee... let everybody raise their kids their way , what matters is the finished product

i agree.. every parenting style has its merits

each parent shd do it as they seem fit
hope i am not d non entity?!
Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hehehe @Biolabee I wasn't referring to you honestly( I'm not scared of anybody tho when it goes down wink)
abi when somebody that boasts for earning N120k / month that a waitress makes every night as Tips here calls ME a bad mom and took a shot at my kids that will eventually be his boss and pay him better ,
and another one comes here blaming Nigeria's problems on me grin, just cause WE chose to live OUR lives OUR way and don't care what most Nigerians think.
what names fits that persons in my books? NONENTITIES of course! grin

1 Like

Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by Nobody: 2:21am On Feb 18, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Schools Asking Kids To Wear Valentine Clothes: Is It Necesarry? by biolabee(m): 8:29am On Feb 18, 2013
Ok jidegirl no beef as it has said this is just different parenting styles and to each his own

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Igbo Boy's Names / How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.