Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,580 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles (16159 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Splashes £18.5m On Ghost House / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by taharqa: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
ebamma: If na nigeria be spain were win world cup and euros that mean say them for dash players the whole budget for a year be that oh
Hehehehe grin grin grin.... O boy, I tire o.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by SamMilla1(m): 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
farem: [color=#990000]
VERY IDIOTIC AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE BASED ON YOUR POOR REASONING AND DEMENTED POSTURE. Where does the Fg derive its power to give gift to football club? If Lagos is the most useless govt, what would you call Delta govt that got 'so serious' that it was holdin valentine night for eagles. Can you enlighten us all with the reference to where there provisions were made in 2013 budget. YOUR PRODIGAL PRESIDENT/FG WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING IS SPENDING MILLIONS ON EAGLES AND BILLIONS ON FIRST LADIES SECRETARIAT WITHOUT BUDGET IN PLACE (with 20% of the year almost gone) AND YOU HAVE GUT TO ATTACK A STATE WITH OPERATING BUDGET. Pls say something else.

And your above trash is enough reason to give millions to a national sponsored football team?

What has Lagos got to do with Super Eagles? How many people from Lagos state participated in the tournament?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Osaze must be weeping wherever he is.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by tarryT(m): 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
E
etudaddy: Nawa oooo. Abeg dis money giving don do na. Ah ah. Na wetin na. Poor people full everywhere na.
...The poor will always be with u......The Super Eagles deserve much more...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by azzypandes(m): 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
I for no go sch sef
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by dulphines: 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
jay_onpoint: Nigeria is failed state! If we have these much money to throw around, why are we so poor and not a prove of our wealth as a nation? I'm sad for dis country or dis project called Nigeria; I mean who amongst us feels there's a presence of govt or a reason to feels we hv govt? Is dis hw governance work around d world? See evidence of too much money via supereagles! Can all of us play football to earn dis too much gestures? Our govt are just too wicked to us. While they're swift to decision making wen anything affects dem bt they're too economical wen they affect us. Are we in a democracy? Mind if I ask, are we handicap as citizens? Its nt abt just sit @1 corner of our house making comments n typing msgs from one social network to d other, we hv got to stand to d occasion..we deserve d best as citizens of d country n we'll start nw or after another 100yrs

It goes to show you how much they share to their friends and relatives. Political office holders in Nigeria assume office for their own interest and that of their children, relatives and friends. If you are not in this list, then wait and pray for your turn. That's the bitter truth.
They are respected and given preference anywhere they go. Their complimentary cards are Visas for employment and award of contracts. I have seen a lot of dullards where i work. They simply get employed because they are linked to one Governor or other strong political office holder or to those that sold oil blocks to them. A time shall come when the commoners shall rise and put knife in the throats of these wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by spykeswag(m): 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
make i hear say my pikin no play ball
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
compensation to national heroes is one of the few things nigeria still does well.
thanks fashola
and may others follow your worthy example
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by lawman2013: 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
What budget is all this money coming from ? It's certainly not from his own pocket huh

I DON KNOW OOO
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Afam4eva(m): 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
Swaggababa: Why I go school, I for go play football ooooo undecided
This is not an excuse. You can do both. You're probably a bad footballer.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by farem: 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
Sam Milla:

And your above trash is enough reason to give millions to a national sponsored football team?

What has Lagos got to do with Super Eagles? How many people from Lagos state participated in the tournament?
[color=#990000]
Sorry! I just follow you remember sey Lagos belong to Ghana, the players sef na Ghanians, Delta is more is more important than other states in Nigeria, we fit de spend our money withou budget, even 4billion naira too small for first ladies as long as na prodigal presido spend am.
Hope you are confused wit these few points of your demented points?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Afam4eva(m): 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
hydeenoble: next to host d super eagles is Chief Theodore Amaefule Orji of Abia state
I won't be surprised if he gives them tyhe whole of Aba.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Afam4eva(m): 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
Abeg, make una leave these boys to enjoy themselves. They deserve all that accrues to them.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
This is a goverment that finds it hard to pay 8million euros to broadcast the nations cup to over 200million people all because they never believed in the super eagles going beyond the 1st round. Now the total cash and assets given to these boys and coaching staff is over $20m. Where are those supporting BON when they said they cant afford $8m euros for the benefit of the whole populace? I'm sure the whole african continent must be stunned at the level of profligacy of the nigerian elites just on a football trophy. Those of u calling people bad belle on here are either browsing nairaland via browsinf tweaks or free MB. yet you condone wastefullness. May you all die in eternal poverty and sickness. Amen
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by etudaddy(m): 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
tarryT: E ...The poor will always be with u......The Super Eagles deserve much more...
u no well
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by SamMilla1(m): 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
farem: [color=#990000]
Sorry! I just follow you remember sey Lagos belong to Ghana, the players sef na Ghanians, Delta is more is more important than other states in Nigeria, we fit de spend our money withou budget, even 4billion naira too small for first ladies as long as na prodigal presido spend am.
Hope you are confused wit these few points of your demented points?

ACN Retard. Where did my post endorse what Delta state governor did for the Eagles? Where?
You mentioned Jonathan Twice in your posts, why? Are you angry that he is not from your ACN?

Keshi is from Delta state and so is some of the players. Some of the players play/played for A delta state team... Mba, Ideye, Egwueke and more.. I ask again, what has Lagos state govt got to do with Them? None of the players ever played for a lagos team. Lagos have no team anyway. Just silly bigots and cowards hidding under ACN.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by pekelepekele(m): 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
hmm I dey vex oo ., I use prayer support these people na una no give me kobo oo. "Abi I be bad belle ni ? God forbid cheesy grin"
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by richjohn1(m): 10:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
God, was my sin too much that u made me nigerian? So sad
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by sammmiey1: 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Kayusfity: This is a goverment that finds it hard to pay 8million euros to broadcast the nations cup to over 200million people all because they never believed in the super eagles going beyond the 1st round. Now the total cash and assets given to these boys and coaching staff is over $20m. Where are those supporting BON when they said they cant afford $8m euros for the benefit of the whole populace? I'm sure the whole african continent must be stunned at the level of profligacy of the nigerian elites just on a football trophy. Those of u calling people bad belle on here are either browsing nairaland via browsinf tweaks or free MB. yet you condone wastefullness. May you all die in eternal poverty and sickness. Amen
for how long are we going to continue like this in Nigeria?....When is revolution taking plc?Al we knw how 2do best is visit Nairaland to post grievances...ofcos God will not come down 4rm heaven and make tinz ryt 4us,d destiny of Nigeria is in our own hands to make things ryt!!!RIP 2Fela,e sed and I quote:''Suffering&smiling''
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by jhydebaba(m): 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
People with dem mouth sha tongue Fashola splashes money on eagles, una dey complain shocked Fashola no splash, una go talk say he dey stingy :O
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Ejine(m): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
ldpele: are times,i get so disappointed wit sme comments,if the government doesnt reward them,same persons like u ll complain and if they do like d lagos state gov jst did,u jst complaind n that is by d way,aftr rewardn,will it stop d state government frm buildn those sport amenities u mentiond,hell No,it wont. however,u were mentn sponsors,u could av added your name,or are the people u mentioned aint nigerians like u? rubbish

You're an imbeciile for even trying to guess what "people like me" would say. For once in your life, stop trying to infuse your useless emotions into this and reason like a human being.

Obviously you didn't do too well at school for you to not know what sponsors are. Please kindly go back to licking Fashola's oily anus, since judging from your comments, that is one profession you take great pride in.

Animal.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by timowale: 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
andyanders:

Are you enemy of progress? If na your relation or brother is among these players, will you make such a silly statement? Envy is not good. You must be an envious person.

& in what way has his comments support your naming him enemy of progress?don't you know investing for. the corporate benefit has far reaching effect on humanity &in effects connotes wisdom?investing in just selected groups of nations'endowed professionals would certainly breed envy &in effect destruction on such society.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Paentera(m): 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
queensmith: He shouldn't be allowed to do that. Not with state money. Is it the burden of Lagos state to pay the National Team?

If this story is true then Fashola has disappointed me. I thought he was much smarter than this.

I though players made more money than their managers? Lol then again I do think Keshi is the main man to congratulate for Nigerias success. Considering his abysmal line up actually worked!

Abeg park one side. What do you know about a country's pride? Isn't it the same way those kids who make Nigeria proud at several competitions worldwide also receive accolades and gifts for academic excellence.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Paentera(m): 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ejiné: I'm not directing this post to just Fashola, but other state governments and public parastatals as well.

Wouldn't it be more sensible if they funneled these monies into supporting the sporting facilities of their numerous primary, secondary and tertiary schools?

Almost every high school and university in America has a team, and it is mostly the NCAA system that's responsible for most of the pro athletes who dominate America today.

Why blow all these monies on well-to-do men when you can use them to nurture and encourage our younger generation in the field of sports?

Government bodies should hands-off all this unnecessary 'splashing' and leave that to the private guys like Dangote, Adenuga and his Glo, Elumelu, Jim Ovie etc.

People like you always complain no matter who is giving. The other day, I saw someone who worked at Glo's status complaining that Adenuga gave $1m to the Eagles when he pays his staff N50k a month. Now if you have heard of risk and reward you will realise that these guys staked the rest of their playing careers on winning the cup for the nation. And this is no ordinary nation, this is Nigeria - a few of them about 16 or 20 won us bragging rights as the Champions of Africa in soccer - a widely followed sports all over the continent of 900million residents of Africa.

If them no give, them go complain, if they give, they'll complain its too much or that they should feed the needy. Abeg let those boys who risked their lives for Nigeria, enjoy the windfall. For most, it will be once in a lifetime. They deserve it cos they made 160million Nigerians happy even if for a short period, something most administrations have not succeeded in doing since the return of democracy.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by farem: 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
ACN Retard. Where did my post endorse what Delta state governor did for the Eagles? Where?
You mentioned Jonathan Twice in your posts, why? Are you angry that he is not from your ACN?

Keshi is from Delta state and so is some of the players. Some of the players play/played for A delta state team... Mba, Ideye, Egwueke and more.. I ask again, what has Lagos state govt got to do with Them? None of the players ever played for a lagos team. Lagos have no team anyway. Just silly bigots and cowards hidding under ACN.[/quote]
BORING! That is your name.
When has the Lagos money meant for the indigenes alone? If you realise how much non-indigenes contribute to the economic empowerment of Lagos, you wont be drooling for it to spend mere 55m for some 'foreigners'. I just confirmed you are from one remote and forsaken jungle. When Plateau state would host eagles tomorrow I pray you will not commit suicide because by your reasoning the money made there in plateau was made by the indigenes of the state and it is meant only for them.
Who or what is 'ACN'? - Political parties are made for those who dont have their independent reasoning!
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by funmemezy: 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
Shey dem no c somtin use money do again abi?oninakuna. Nonsens,afta al d gifts,na wa oooo
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Ejine(m): 11:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
Paentera:

People like you always complain no matter who is giving. The other day, I saw someone who worked at Glo's status complaining that Adenuga gave $1m to the Eagles when he pays his staff N50k a month. Now if you have heard of risk and reward you will realise that these guys staked the rest of their playing careers on winning the cup for the nation. And this is no ordinary nation, this is Nigeria - a few of them about 16 or 20 won us bragging rights as the Champions of Africa in soccer - a widely followed sports all over the continent of 900million residents of Africa.

If them no give, them go complain, if they give, they'll complain its too much or that they should feed the needy. Abeg let those boys who risked their lives for Nigeria, enjoy the windfall. For most, it will be once in a lifetime. They deserve it cos they made 160million Nigerians happy even if for a short period, something most administrations have not succeeded in doing since the return of democracy.

First and foremost, your post is totally empty and devoid of logic. Instead, it reads more like the post of yet another ACN asss licker who would praise Fashola and diss Uduaghan for doing the same thing.

Your flimsy counter-analogy about the Globacom employee is totally stupiid because last I checked, Globacom is still a private sector company. If the employee is aggrieved with his pay, he has the option of either talking it out with the management or simply quitting. The pay of the employees of Globacom is only Globacom's business and not the public's so it is within their discretion to do what they wish.

What I do have a problem with is when the public sector blows money on gifts that add nothing to the society as a whole. Don't you know, on a politically economic level, this is no different from the government calling a Nigerian grammy winner and doling out cash to this artiste. How do these relate, you ask? Well, AFCON, FIFA and the Grammies are all festivals that thrive on their own in the private sector. Whether you like it or not, winning an AFCON Cup, FIFA trophy or Grammy will NOT add back to our economy or society in any way.
But properly funding these sporting facilities in schools would actually help these kids realize their talents and probably pursue them when they're older. This is another form of empowerment. Not everyone will end up with a white-collar job. With sports empowerment, these kids would actually gain employment as athletes. And what has this done? It has empowered them on the long run!

That 54 million he just blew would have helped empower so many kids and nurtured so many talents for the future. Giving 54 million to men who already have more than enough is nothing but fiscal recklessness.

There you go.
You can now go back to worshipping Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Paentera(m): 11:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
To those complaining, I will point something out. There is risk and there is reward. When you stake risks high enough, the rewards that accrue would also be as high.

Those who are involved in business and high finance will understand totally what I have just explained. Don't try to argue about it, it would mean it is beyond you.

Super Eagles, you have conquered so you will dine with kings, queens and many more - you are no longer mere mortals, but Champions. If you doubt the status you have today, ask the players from other countries who came, saw, but left empty handed, then you would understand that this achievements of yours will remain etched in history.

Quit whining about the source of the funds - it is not being stolen, you can investigate the source with the FOI Act if you are really serious and not just internet activists making a bedlam over nothing.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Paentera(m): 11:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ejiné:

First and foremost, your post is totally empty and devoid of logic. Instead, it reads more like the post of yet another ACN asss licker who would praise Fashola and diss Uduaghan for doing the same thing.

Your flimsy counter-analogy about the Globacom employee is totally stupiid because last I checked, Globacom is still a private sector company. If the employee is aggrieved with his pay, he has the option of either talking it out with the management or simply quitting. The pay of the employees of Globacom is only Globacom's business and not the public's so it is within their discretion to do what they wish.

What I do have a problem with is when the public sector blows money on gifts that add nothing to the society as a whole. Don't you know, on a politically economic level, this is no different from the government calling a Nigerian grammy winner and doling out cash to this artiste. How do these relate, you ask? Well, AFCON, FIFA and the Grammies are all festivals that thrive on their own in the private sector. Whether you like it or not, winning an AFCON Cup, FIFA trophy or Grammy will NOT add back to our economy or society in any way.
But properly funding these sporting facilities in schools would actually help these kids realize their talents and probably pursue them when they're older. This is another form of empowerment. Not everyone will end up working in the formal field. With sports empowerment, these kids would actually gain employment as athletes. And what has this done? It has empowered them on the long run!

That 54 million he just blew would have helped empower so many kids and nurtured so many talents for the future. Giving 54 million to men who already have more than enough is nothing but fiscal recklessness.

There you go.
You can now go back to worshipping Fashola.

You should've gone to spec savers. In no way did I revert to any public officer, Fashola, Uduaghan or GEJ. Read clearly and stop using assumptions to sound intelligent, cos you're not.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Ejine(m): 11:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
Paentera:

You should've gone to spec savers. In no way did I revert to any public officer, Fashola, Uduaghan or GEJ. Read clearly and stop using assumptions to sound intelligent, cos you're not.

Actually, the king of assumptions is you because you foolishly assumed people like me would complain if the government didn't recklessly blow millions on athletes who participate in a privately-governed mundial.
Mehn, I hope you love the way your emptiness is amplified on this thread.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Paentera(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ejiné:

Actually, the king of assumptions is you because you foolishly assumed people like me would complain if the government didn't recklessly blow millions on athletes who participate in a privately-governed mundial.
Mehn, I hope you love the way your emptiness is amplified on this thread.

Gotcha! Thanks for admitting you assume. Empty barrel trying to sound intelligent.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Ejine(m): 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
Paentera:

Gotcha! Thanks for admitting you assume. Empty barrel trying to sound intelligent.

Eiyaah. Ma boi has ran out of points after his emptiness has been exposed.
Do run along now, boy.
You can now go back to kissing Fashola's black nakked asss, cuz that is your destiny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? / Heartland Fc Of Imo Enjoys Dana Air Flight Ahead Of Match In Lagos / Ajara Njoya Nchout Joins Atletico Madrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.