Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,337 members, 7,954,385 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:54 PM

Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles (16216 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Splashes £18.5m On Ghost House / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by chochoman: 12:43am On Feb 16, 2013
Symphony007: 54.5 million on a group of people who has already recieved millions from others. Meanwhile their are many orphanages and charities suffering from low funding and many people hungry on the streets. The super eagles are too greedy to say, we've had enough send the rest to charities in our name and this government is too tone deaf to know how to spend tax payers money well, bunch of plonkers!!
Same thing Judas said to Jesus about the perfume,know that story?
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by tutu1: 1:22am On Feb 16, 2013
Nigeria and corruption, I am not saying the Super Eagles do not deserve recognition, but why are state Governments giving out money, please did their state 2012 budgets make allocation for that? if NO. then where does the state Governor get 54 million from which is not accounted for, that only shows that the different Governors are taking money with out accountability, CORRUPTION IN HIGH PLACES
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by YorubaOmoge: 2:10am On Feb 16, 2013
Very foolish.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Sumbarkaya(m): 4:14am On Feb 16, 2013
Money everywhere, ok.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by alfrere: 5:05am On Feb 16, 2013
slim fit :

Yah it should stop there are people dying in hospitals this players don't need it watch out what they will do with the money buy jet like Amokachi

I have a question for my fellow Nigerians, Is the money given to Supper Eagle by Gov. Fashola taken from the state purse or from his personal account? If from his personal account no problem, but if from state account then, we should ask ourselves of what benefit is the CUP to the state?
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by bankyblue(m): 7:10am On Feb 16, 2013
ebamma: If na nigeria be spain were win world cup and euros that mean say them for dash players the whole budget for a year be that oh
Na so Oº°˚ ˚°º , the next thing now is to print 1000 naira note and use
Them as pix on it. Then give keshi the key to CBN vault.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 16, 2013
Abuse of public fund. If they like, they can give out d entire country to them cos they've done d undoable. mtchew.

What abt Rivers and Akwa Ibom Governors, havent they contributed? Am sure Akwa Ibom cant give anything less than N200 to the team and yet poverty is beddeviling d land.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 16, 2013
Abuse of public fund. If they like, they can give out d entire country to them cos they've done d undoable. mtchew.

What abt Rivers and Akwa Ibom Governors, havent they contributed? Am sure Akwa Ibom cant give anything less than N200M to the team and yet poverty is beddeviling d land.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by naptu2: 7:31am On Feb 16, 2013
1) Charity: The NFF are partners with the SOS Children's Village (orphanage) and the Eagles usually donate money to the orphanage anytime they have a home game.

2) Although admittedly I do not know the source of these funds, but I'm against governments paying professional sports people. That is the job of sponsors. The government should concern itself with sports development. It should provide facilities and coaches at primary and secondary schools and also sponsor tournaments for schools. Professional sports can always get sponsors to fund their activities, but school sports and sports development is not glamorous enough to attract adequate sponsorship.

I thought this was Fashola's philosophy too when he declared that government would not fund a revival of Stationery Stores, but would prefer that private investors take up the challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Hardfact: 7:36am On Feb 16, 2013
Good. Our reward system favours sports. Wish this can extend many other rather critical areas, etc.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by timilehin007(m): 8:31am On Feb 16, 2013
This will boost their moral in sebsequent major competitions.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 16, 2013
slim fit :

Yah it should stop there are people dying in hospitals this players don't need it watch out what they will do with the money buy jet like Amokachi
Bad belle go buy ball make u play win moni yeye dey worry u. Were is dat idiot ween dey vex say Mr Adenuga give Igbo,s moni? Fashola don give dem again now u go hang urself i think!Trabalism no go kill u sha.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Biolaem: 9:22am On Feb 16, 2013
ferdi4real:
Lolzz....u no well....buh i go lyk watch wer n wen u n ur wife dey ply ball....i fe b referee.

u no go go die? Hot fool.
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Dnaz(m): 9:45am On Feb 16, 2013
Obviously, God did not bless d blackman with d sense of leadership and economic management of a nation
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by imatalk(m): 9:56am On Feb 16, 2013
joek: When will I receive my own share cos am a player too? The diff is that I play my own ball wif my wife on the bed and am a prolific goal scorer.
pardon me if i may ask, how does your 'sharp shooting' brought Nigeria honour & pride?
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by 40Lightyears: 10:10am On Feb 16, 2013
Na wa o. shocked shocked shocked See what one achieves when one does well?
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by segxyrema: 10:17am On Feb 16, 2013
This is a colossal,this money should be spend on other part of sport or infrastructures. What is the value of the trophy......may God help nigerians
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by omoredia: 10:45am On Feb 16, 2013
Success needs to be rewarded! Those youngsters really did us proud!
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by 10over101: 11:00am On Feb 16, 2013
Akshow: Now this is getting too much. Abeg make them channel all this money to meaningful developmental projects. This governor give them money, that governor give them, GEJ give them Abegi! Call me bad belle i gree but no body happy reach me for our success.
Enough of wasting tax payers money in a country where pensioners are suffering..
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 16, 2013
What is d total worth of the trophy?
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by Lamasta(m): 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
How will Nigeria develop or grow when things like this occur on a regular basis, wastages of national wealth, greedines of the rich class, and unaccountability.
Farah won the marathon olympic gold Medal for Britain and the British Govt only gave him an honour, but we won the nations cup our taxpayers money is being wasted in the name of motivation. The N1Billion wasted on the Super eagles during the World cup has not being recovered and now more is being wasted......God dey watch una ooooo
Re: Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles by timilehin007(m): 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
1,820 naira
RedBenson: What is d total worth of the trophy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Cup Qualifying: Cameroon Join Senegal, Ghana, Morocco & Tunisia To Qatar / D'Tigress Press Release On 2 Year Basketball Ban / Arsenal Complete Signing of Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.