Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents (6988 Views)

When You Meet Her In Person And Realise Her IG Pix Was Photoshopped / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by coolitdown: 8:41am On Feb 16, 2013
Please help.....I willl really love to know which come first....is it to propose to her first then see her parents....see her parents for consent before proposing to her....
Your comments please.....
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by 1manssquard(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2013
Ar u a lainner? Oya go dwn low
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by ozodimgba(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2013
^^^ U have to propose to her first if she accepts then u go ahead to meet the parents. Unless if u want to marry her parents u can try proposing to them b/4 u seek for the consent of their daughter.

1 Like

Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:52am On Feb 16, 2013
First of all, propose to her.
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by coolitdown: 10:01am On Feb 16, 2013
OK....I guess we will do it this way...
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by coolitdown: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2013
cool-it-down:

Like here if I am to propose to her first...

9 Likes

Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by coolitdown: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2013
cool-it-down:

Like here If am to meet her parents first....
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by bank2k4real(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2013
cool-it-down:
Please help.....I willl really love to know which come first....is it to propose to her first then see her parents....see her parents for consent before proposing to her....
Your comments please.....

Thanks...you just spoke my mind...I had same question too....but I think its d girl first
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by True2myself24(f): 10:49am On Feb 16, 2013
The girl should at least have an idea that you guys intend on get married soon but seek the parents consent first then propose to her, that is if you're close to her parents.
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by djeezy(m): 10:50am On Feb 16, 2013
ozo-dimgba:
^^^ U have to propose to her first if she accepts then u go ahead to meet the parents. Unless if u want to marry her parents u can try proposing to them b/4 u seek for the consent of their daughter.
My answer too.
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by Biim: 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
Do a background check on her family, propose to her and see her parents. This OP sef no serious.
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by coolitdown: 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
Mod please front page please....I need more comments....thanks....
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by Exponental(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2013
Why should u see her parents when she doesnt welcome u to her life or when she doesnt even know u??
That question is uncalled for..... think man!!!!
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by coolitdown: 7:08am On Feb 28, 2013
Exponental: Why should u see her parents when she doesnt welcome u to her life or when she doesnt even know u??
That question is uncalled for..... think man!!!!

Thanks bro...
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by Popowaa: 7:26am On Feb 28, 2013
Smh
cool-it-down:
Mod please front page please....I need more comments....thanks....
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by DExplorer1: 8:06am On Feb 28, 2013
WTF? Young man, you can as well walk her to the altar then send someone to buy the ring.

1 Like

Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by mrofficial2(m): 8:12am On Feb 28, 2013
^^ Who give you award?
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by interleukin(f): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2013
1man's squard:
Ar u a lainner? Oya go dwn low

hahahahahahhahahahahaha. This is so hilarious.i'm crying and laughing. Btw, its learner.
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
Meet her parents first.

2 Likes

Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by drnoel: 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
ozo-dimgba:
sorry Sir, I don´t agree. I met her parents first b4 I proposed 2 her. Sorry, but I don´t do my things backwards. The lady u want to propose to may be gods gift to men sometimes seeing her parents, meeting her family could seal or break the deal 4 u. So I advice guys to meet the family first b4 popping the question. 4 me it didn´t matter but I still insisted on meeting them, she could´t guess why insisted till I asked 4 her hand some months later.
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
The question should be when do one present an engagement ring to his bride. Is it after seeing the parent for introduction or just after proposing to marry her?

Coming to OP inquiry, originally it is best in practice to approach the girl parent and sought their consent, they will in turn invite the girl that she has a guest. She will then meet the man and pray for time to consider it. That's how it ought to be but nowadays the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by Iphydelys: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
Introduction happens between engaged people so it is in relationship.

You can engage a lady before introduction because if both parties are not on same page or have agreed which is engagement, introduction cannot happen. But some people don't know the have right to decide who they want to marry, they always seek consent of third parents or other relatives as if they are marrying to please parents or relatives taste.

Give her the ring by asking if she will be your wife before you start going for introduction. Remember you are not going alone you will be going with your people too. Be sure that the lady has made up her mind for you and will never give up even if her family refuse. Just to avoid disappointment.

The family don't may not know you and if they know you is not official.

Engagement is private agreement to be made know to the public between couple.
Introduction is going to see the parents and family members to let them know your agreement with the lady.

This is straight up matter.
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by prolife22: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2022
Know her parents first before proposing. At least you get to see who they are. Very important.
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by TheirFADA: 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
whether you meet her parents first or later, my own is that you should not think of going on your kneel while proposing undecided
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by jogsman01(m): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2022
That's a very good question:

We have 2 different types of proposal in this case. The first one is the bed proposal, which can be done many times with a girl or different girls. You can later go see her parent if you've seen roses on your bed with her.

The second one is ancestoral proposal, whereby you disgrace your ancestors by kneeling down in public to propose. That one, you need to go see her parent first before your ancestors will disgrace you by not letting her accept your proposal.

Shebi you Gerrit, abi?
Re: Which Come First....propose To Her Or Meet Her Parents by Kronikuz: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2022
Make her pregnant then her parents will be the one wanting to see me first cool

(1) (Reply)

Omo! Is This Guy The Sexiest Serial Killer Ever?(photos) / 9 Reasons Why It’s Good To Date A Man With A Beard / How To Prevent Snakes From Entering Your House This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.