Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. (24394 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / May D In Trouble at ikeja Mall For constituting a nuisance with His Drift Board / Goldie Visits Prezzo In kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Sagamite(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
In this modern world we are in, Michael Porter came to Nigeria, gave a lecture and report to Nigerian government officials on how to create a competitive Nigeria that would potentially get tens of millions of people out of poverty, reduce crime and terror rates, reinstate national dignity etc and the Nigerian press hardly carried it.

But Kim Kardashian carries her ikebe to Nigeria, they put it as front-page news.

It irritates me.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by deols(f): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
bukatyne: I am splendid, thanks.
We all like glamour. Beauty appeals to our eyes that's why a guy or girl will be naturally drawn to a beautiful person over an ugly one. The 'worldly' people are wiser than the 'godly' ones and have better packaging. The godly ones should learn to seize opportunities, brand themselves in nice packages and position themselves properly.

You are right.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
freecocoa: Then let others be remembered for whatever they want to be.

But the truth must be told and we must learn from them...
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by freecocoa(f): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

But the truth must be told and we must learn from them...
Which truth? Who made you judge and jury?

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by bomly(f): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
Please for those who have an idea on whom we should be celebrating make me a list of 10 people and let me follow them on twitter and facebook and spread their names everywhere.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by pattycakeman: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
The original post is all over the place and while it may have been written with good intentions it seem incoherent to me. So after rereading your post several times i eventually understood what your Issue was and here is my two cents, it is not said to ridicule or judge but to offer a different view. Firstly it would seem you are upset because your dead friend is not celebrated like this person Goldie and this irks you because you feel he was more honorable than Goldie. Secondly you are upset that society celebrates or embraces sinful behaviors with reference to Dolly Parton and Dr Dre. Then you are mad that B.Obama inferring that he is a gangster that killed MLK's dream because he is killing innocent people with drones. Lastly you believe the lesson from all of this is that we should live a life that is worthy in the eyes of our creator because death can come at any time. I summarized your post to make sure I understand the gist of it before I comment.
Now for my comment. With regards to the first point if you have a relationship with GOD as you implore us to do then things like this should not bother you. GOD is in control and does not make mistakes. The bible says GOD is not to be deceived, whatever a man does he will reap. He also said only GOD knows the heart of a man. So the person whom you think is honorable may not be honorable before GOD. You are not GOD as you are human like everyone of us you cannot see the inner workings of each man. It's like saying the terrorists that attacked America are honorable or that the American soldiers killing innocent soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan are honorable. Such debates about being honorable should not include GOD at all and are mere opinions. Your second opinion regarding the sinful nature of the world, I gather from your name and you post that you are not a Christian so this may go over your head. Everything happening is a fulfillment of the prophecy regarding the return of our lord and savior JESUS Christ and while i am not saying we should join the world in celebrating such things we do our selves a huge disservice if we are more concerned about such things rather than working out our salvation with fear and trembling. You third comment about B.Obama does not need any explanation as your bias is based on religious beliefs so I understand. Lastly regarding judging we differ again based on religious beliefs because my bible tell me that I should not judge anyone it does not list what I can judge or can't judge. I am not a creator and all judgement is reserved for GOD to judge anyone is to try to be like GOD which is a sin. In summary I think while you have good intentions and decent comments your post is biased based on your religious beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by bomly(f): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
The original post is all over the place and while it may have been written with good intentions it seem incoherent to me. So after rereading your post several times i eventually understood what your Issue was and here is my two cents, it is not said to ridicule or judge but to offer a different view. Firstly it would seem you are upset because your dead friend is not celebrated like this person Goldie and this irks you because you feel he was more honorable than Goldie. Secondly you are upset that society celebrates or embraces sinful behaviors with reference to Dolly Parton and Dr Dre. Then you are mad that B.Obama inferring that he is a gangster that killed MLK's dream because he is killing innocent people with drones. Lastly you believe the lesson from all of this is that we should live a life that is worthy in the eyes of our creator because death can come at any time. I summarized your post to make sure I understand the gist of it before I comment.
Now for my comment. With regards to the first point if you have a relationship with GOD as you implore us to do then things like this should not bother you. GOD is in control and does not make mistakes. The bible says GOD is not to be deceived, whatever a man does he will reap. He also said only GOD knows the heart of a man. So the person whom you think is honorable may not be honorable before GOD. You are not GOD as you are human like everyone of us you cannot see the inner workings of each man. It's like saying the terrorists that attacked America are honorable or that the American soldiers killing innocent soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan are honorable. Such debates about being honorable should not include GOD at all and are mere opinions. Your second opinion regarding the sinful nature of the world, I gather from your name and you post that you are not a Christian so this may go over your head. Everything happening is a fulfillment of the prophecy regarding the return of our lord and savior JESUS Christ and while i am not saying we should join the world in celebrating such things we do our selves a huge disservice if we are more concerned about such things rather than working out our salvation with fear and trembling. You third comment about B.Obama does not need any explanation as your bias is based on religious beliefs so I understand. Lastly regarding judging we differ again based on religious beliefs because my bible tell me that I should not judge anyone it does not list what I can judge or can't judge. I am not a creator and all judgement is reserved for GOD to judge anyone is to try to be like GOD which is a sin. In summary I think while you have good intentions and decent comments your post is biased based on your religious beliefs.

I want to attend same uni as you; You finish work. GBAM, Intelligent post
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

I asked you a fcking gaddam question. Answer the question with and answer, not a question:

You don't have an opinion of what your legislators (your elected representatives) should set as law for your society?

The question I asked you is the answer! Answer the question and you'll get your answer.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by adexsimply(m): 5:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
http:///wvFFJXwGh1Eva Alordiah's letter to goldie
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Michky: 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Michky: 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

There is nothing you can do as a well meaning and educated Nigerian when you have:

1) Democracy - All fucktards opinions matter equally.

2) Freedom of speech philosophy - Even fucktards think they have the right to talk.

3) Corrupt & Inefficient social structure - A few corrupt moneybags run the small media industry in Nigeria, which keeps the best away from shaping views and you have a few mediocre and incompetent person like Funmi Iyanda ruling the airwaves.

4) Global trends - This fucktardism is a global phenomena championed by the liberal funkies who now have unrestrianed access to several media to propagate their nice sounding, fun but absolutely cancerous rubbish.
Well said bro. Just like our girls are now believing its right to ask husbands to wash wives' undies because they saw it on twitter that the whites are doing it. Pity. We follow rubbish in this country as long as its associated with glamor. As for me, i will remain a conservative till the day i sieze to exist.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
[quote
author=chuckdee4]Justice Esiri died today, he contributed a lot more to
the Nigerian entertainment inductry than Goldie could ever think of,
yet you would have been forgiven if you thought an icon had passed away
last week.
When i heard of Goldie's death, I went on youtube and looked for a
sample of her song, DISSAPOINTING is not even enough to describe how I
felt.

The country truly is in a state and when cowboy governors follow the
trend of embrassing mediocrity when they should be setting trends of
encouraging the true heros, you know shit has hit the fan.

RIP Justice Esiri, i know he touched my life somehow from all those
soaps he did, as for Goldie, rest in peace as well but people should
stop trying to make her look like some national hero, I know enough igbo
boys in Idumota who have touched a lot more lives than Goldie ever did.

PS: Notice the little attention this topic will get, the truth is bitter
alright but I would rather live with it than live in denial[/quote] GBAM. I no fit shout

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
[quote
author=chuckdee4]Justice Esiri died today, he contributed a lot more to
the Nigerian entertainment inductry than Goldie could ever think of,
yet you would have been forgiven if you thought an icon had passed away
last week.
When i heard of Goldie's death, I went on youtube and looked for a
sample of her song, DISSAPOINTING is not even enough to describe how I
felt.

The country truly is in a state and when cowboy governors follow the
trend of embrassing mediocrity when they should be setting trends of
encouraging the true heros, you know shit has hit the fan.

RIP Justice Esiri, i know he touched my life somehow from all those
soaps he did, as for Goldie, rest in peace as well but people should
stop trying to make her look like some national hero, I know enough igbo
boys in Idumota who have touched a lot more lives than Goldie ever did.

PS: Notice the little attention this topic will get, the truth is bitter
alright but I would rather live with it than live in denial[/quote] GBAM. I no fit shout
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by dare2think: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
inufele2:

You're fckking mo0ron! You're here preaching morality when you usually salivate on naked women pictures in the sexuality section Those women whose picture you self service on are they not someone's daughter?
You have no self worth, you don't even know who you are and you have less than half of intelligence you profess to have. Go and fckk yourself for all I care! Who the hell do you think you are. Ibo lo ti n bo to lokun lorun!

Lol, wetin you sef dey find for sexuality section.

lol. guys chill. agree to disagree.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
Even in death they won't leave the girl alone! You people rained insults on her and finally the girl died of hypertension are you not ok with that. She has lived her life and only God can judge her just like the rest of us. Be careful so that you won't end up sinning over a person who has finished her own race. Some were running their mouths that it was drugs, some said illuminati now the doctors have confirmed it was hypertension you still continue trying to drag the girl's name in the mud.

Since you are morally upright, its ok don't worry one day we will all stand before our maker and see if anyone truly is moral. As the bible says even your so called morality is like filty rags in the eyes of God.

Are you telling me that the young boy who died was a saint? He never lied? Never cheated? Contributed everything to his society? Do you know that to some other people who knew him, they may have considered him immoral also in one way or the other. No one is a saint and no one is a nuisance in the eyes of God Almighty.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Koolmexxi(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
So on point... So long as u're in d limelight, whether for d wrong or right reasons, U simply rock.. Welcom to Naija
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
inufele2:

You're fckking mo0ron! You're here preaching morality when you usually salivate on naked women pictures in the sexuality section. Those women whose picture you self service on are they not someone's daughter?
You have no self worth, you don't even know who you are and you have less than half of intelligence you profess to have. Go and fckk yourself for all I care! Who the hell do you think you are. Ibo lo ti n bo to lokun lorun!

Thank you for exposing them! Hypocrites!!! Someone who enjoys watching naked women is talking about morality! God will soon strike some hypocrites down. Nigerians like acting too much! God is watching you in HD and shaking his head!
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
freecocoa: Which truth? Who made you judge and jury?

indecency, nudity, obscenity, and shamelessness shld not be entertained
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Product of a failed education system.

When you opened your moronic mouth to state the junk "It's a free world jor" and "people should not judge others morals" you thought you were making sense?

Generation St(u)pid. It sounded funky?

You think you should be entitled to an opinion? You think you should have a right to vote?

I bet my objection to those is me "preaching morality" in your dumb world. grin grin grin grin

Say something we don't already knew Mr person, mr failed education system bla bla bla.
It's obvious you're set by default to act like an attack dog, you can't simply make your point without words of abuse, this clearly shows you lack home training.
Make your point and I'll make mine but if you chose to abuse me I'll abuse you back as you have no monopoly to abuse.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by econity(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
pattycakeman: The original post is all over the place and while it may have been written with good intentions it seem incoherent to me. So after rereading your post several times i eventually understood what your Issue was and here is my two cents, it is not said to ridicule or judge but to offer a different view. Firstly it would seem you are upset because your dead friend is not celebrated like this person Goldie and this irks you because you feel he was more honorable than Goldie. Secondly you are upset that society celebrates or embraces sinful behaviors with reference to Dolly Parton and Dr Dre. Then you are mad that B.Obama inferring that he is a gangster that killed MLK's dream because he is killing innocent people with drones. Lastly you believe the lesson from all of this is that we should live a life that is worthy in the eyes of our creator because death can come at any time. I summarized your post to make sure I understand the gist of it before I comment.
after all this your long sermon, do you think she deserve immortalising. My own summary of what the writer is pushing at is that we should not immortalised her as prescribe by the governor. There are many people who deserve it. Not her like.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Debeloved87(m): 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
Umnhn...inevitable thats what death is. Its so sad, but she's gone. May the Lord grant the family strength to bear the Loss.

Now looking at the way she lived her life...it occurs to me that men are products of the environment they found themselves...the developed ones have done more harms than good and are unopposedly wining their way not only into our society alone but also into our hearts, it now bores down to what you will like to stand for....however some people cant differenciate their right from their left and they taught they are on the right path,...this kind of people needs to be taught and re-directed to the right path but the society has failed in that aspect of their responsibilities...like i said before, the way you live your life depends on you, if there is a Righteous God and the judge of all, and you live your life justly, good for you. Dont forget, JESUS LOVES YOU
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Acidosis(m): 6:28pm On Feb 21, 2013
omo harry: HOW GOOD ARE U.WHY DNT U REMOVE THE SPECK OF YOUR EYES BEFORE CONDERMING ANOTHER.ESPECIALLY ONE THAT IS DEATH. WHERE IS YOUR CONSCIENCE AND SENCE OF RESPECT FOR THE DEATH. MOST HOLIA THAN THOU! RUBBISH.

What has the dead got to do with my post??
Did I call names ?? Are u sure you're alright 'upstairs' ??

FYI, I don't even know the lady called goldie before she died...
Not everyone spend time on TV watching some BBA, idol thingy...
If I really mean to insult anyone, I'd go after known politicians not some unknown persons...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Piers Morgan Tweets In Yoruba / Ice Prince Looking Swagged Up In South Africa [PICS] / Yomi Casuals - How I Got Zack Orji To Model For Me Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.