Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. (24372 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / May D In Trouble at ikeja Mall For constituting a nuisance with His Drift Board / Goldie Visits Prezzo In kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 7:26am On Feb 22, 2013
werepeLeri: OP. Goldie is nuisance in your mind because? She forced you to listen to her music? She forced you to watch her on BBA? There is still a choice to make, so stop talking these thrash like say its all been forced on you.

it is a pity u have a funny sense of reasoning ... re-read the post again and deduce accordingly
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by monex(m): 7:43am On Feb 22, 2013
Sagamite: In this modern world we are in, Michael Porter came to Nigeria, gave a lecture and report to Nigerian government officials on how to create a competitive Nigeria that would potentially get tens of millions of people out of poverty, reduce crime and terror rates, reinstate national dignity etc and the Nigerian press hardly carried it.

But Kim Kardashian carries her ikebe to Nigeria, they put it as front-page news.

It irritates me.

yeah. we really need to understand that this world is driven by greed. The objective of the owners of nairaland is to improve traffic and not contribute positively to the society.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by ayosmiles(m): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2013
Fame and success are goverened by the rule of demand nd supply and not morality. Btw, morality is subjective, u will always xplain morals from your point of view. If some pastors who do these so called lewd things in secret are celebrated for d good things they do in public, thn celibrities should be celebrated for every good thing they do in public despite some other acts that some people find immoral. Who are u to say something is immoral. Goldie deserves to be celebrated, she carved a nich for herself nd introduced new concepts. She is a peace ambassador and an advocate of nonviolence against women. Is that not good enough. At least she didnt steal or harm anybody. U ppl critizizing her, wht have u done for your society? If u dont like her its a personal thing, then look the other way

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by mac73(m): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2013
A great irony in life is that the sanctimonious self-righteous puritans who are quick to see the end times in views and beliefs different from theirs respond with a judgmental vileness that is antithetical to the tenets of the faith they espouse such that they end up epitomizing the very evil that plagues humanity. Nowhere is this irony more evident than in Nigeria, the supposed bastion of all that is moral and righteous.

3 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by kayusbrown(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2013
bamto:
While I agree largely with your line of thought, your submission that 'only those affected by her actions' should speak up is questionable. How do you measure that? And have you considered the ripple effect it has? Just one brainwashed member of a family that idolizes her can create problem for the whole family. And from a family, it spreads to a community and to the nation at large. Its like an open sore, if it's not treated on time, it is bound to become messier and occupy more space. And well, it wouldn't have mattered much if Goldie displayed her 'madness' in the confines of her house; but 'manifesting and propagating' same via the media deserve the sternest criticism for the above reasons.
And it's dearth of critical reasoning that makes people underestimate the place of correct values. When a 'star' preaches thru her lyrics and dressing lewdness, immorality and all forms of social vices, it shapens the kind of values the next generation accept and this affects every area of our national life.

Ever wonder why people say the words "It's non of your business"? We all have right to privacy and freewill. That right is called liberty. It is when such liberty is stretched to the extreme, such that it begins to trample on the rights of others, that it can be questioned. In that case, what is "non of my business" becomes "part of my business" if it affects me. However, at the end, we still have a choice to make. We can either decide to behave like the artiste we watch on TV or choose to live a different life based on our personal moral convictions. There are dedicated Christians who don't listen to or watch sexually suggestive music/videos because it contradicts their personal spiritual belief and chosen way of life. They had a choice to make and they made the one that suits them. I have my personal moral convictions, but I can't force it on anybody or castigate them for not doing it my own way. The best counsel I can give is remind people that there will always be CONSEQUENCES!

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Chidoxyl(m): 11:04am On Feb 22, 2013
These things just go 2 confirm dat satan d devil is firmly in charge of this world, as d Bible holds about him until Jesus' 2nd coming.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by obyrich(m): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2013
ayosmiles: Fame and success are goverened by the rule of demand nd supply and not morality. Btw, morality is subjective, u will always xplain morals from your point of view. If some pastors who do these so called lewd things in secret are celebrated for d good things they do in public, thn celibrities should be celebrated for every good thing they do in public despite some other acts that some people find immoral. Who are u to say something is immoral. Goldie deserves to be celebrated, she carved a nich for herself nd introduced new concepts. She is a peace ambassador and an advocate of nonviolence against women. Is that not good enough. At least she didnt steal or harm anybody. U ppl critizizing her, wht have u done for your society? If u dont like her its a personal thing, then look the other way
Listen to yourself- she did not harm anybody( millions of Nigerians dont) she was a peace Ambassador ( Did she volunteer her services to broker peace in the Niger Delta, in Potiskum or Jos?), she carved a niche for HERSELF( by peddling drugs abi?). She introduced new concepts( of celebrities keeping their marriage secret and deceiving their fans, abi?) She advocated nonviolence against women( was she outstanding in the advocacy?), she did not steal( how did you know. Do you steal?). So these are your bright testimonies of Goldie and why you think she should be immortalised and celebrated? How did Goldie add value to the life of Nigerians or Ekiti people to deserve the media hype? Goldie is dead and should remain so. Any attempt to make her appear like a national hero should be critisized. I'm yet to hear a single outstanding legacy she bequeathed the next generation of youths. Is Goldie the kind of role model you will recommend to your children? Only fools celebrate riches without asking how it was acquired. Learn to ask how, it doesnt hurt. Many of the so-called celebrities today are social miscreants and rascals with a clear mandate of promoting immorality. How many destitute youths in her community did she rehabilitate? How many aged people was she sustaining with her money? How many orphans were on her scholarship list? How many Jobless youths in her village did she empower financially? In what way did Goldie help the work of bringing good governance to Ekiti state? Still wondering.

2 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by dare2think: 11:28am On Feb 22, 2013
mac73: A great irony in life is that the sanctimonious self-righteous puritans who are quick to see the end times in views and beliefs different from theirs respond with a judgmental vileness that is antithetical to the tenets of the faith they espouse such that they end up epitomizing the very evil that plagues humanity. Nowhere is this irony more evident than in Nigeria, the supposed bastion of all that is moral and righteous.

With your permission can I trademark this beautiful conclusion.

No greater truth beyond what you have written. The hypocrisy of a nation
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by seunajia: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2013
obyrich: Listen to yourself- she did not harm anybody( millions of Nigerians dont) she was a peace Ambassador ( Did she volunteer her services to broker peace in the Niger Delta, in Potiskum or Jos?), she carved a niche for HERSELF( by peddling drugs abi?). She introduced new concepts( of celebrities keeping their marriage secret and deceiving their fans, abi?) She advocated nonviolence against women( was she outstanding in the advocacy?), she did not steal( how did you know. Do you steal?). So these are your bright testimonies of Goldie and why you think she should be immortalised and celebrated? How did Goldie add value to the life of Nigerians or Ekiti people to deserve the media hype? Goldie is dead and should remain so. Any attempt to make her appear like a national hero should be critisized. I'm yet to hear a single outstanding legacy she bequeathed the next generation of youths. Is Goldie the kind of role model you will recommend to your children? Only fools celebrate riches without asking how it was acquired. Learn to ask how, it doesnt hurt. Many of the so-called celebrities today are social miscreants and rascals with a clear mandate of promoting immorality. How many destitute youths in her community did she rehabilitate? How many aged people was she sustaining with her money? How many orphans were on her scholarship list? How many Jobless youths in her village did she empower financially? In what way did Goldie help the work of bringing good governance to Ekiti state? Still wondering.

Kudos! What more can be said?
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by 4kizo(m): 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
We all have questions to answer from GOD about the 21 century
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by StoneAngel(m): 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
I'm amazed..
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Purist(m): 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2013
mac73: [size=14pt] A great irony in life is that the sanctimonious self-righteous puritans who are quick to see the end times in views and beliefs different from theirs respond with a judgmental vileness that is antithetical to the tenets of the faith they espouse such that they end up epitomizing the very evil that plagues humanity. Nowhere is this irony more evident than in Nigeria, the supposed bastion of all that is moral and righteous.[/size]

Apt! Just apt!!
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
mac73: A great irony in life is that the sanctimonious self-righteous puritans who are quick to see the end times in views and beliefs different from theirs respond with a judgmental vileness that is antithetical to the tenets of the faith they espouse such that they end up epitomizing the very evil that plagues humanity. Nowhere is this irony more evident than in Nigeria, the supposed bastion of all that is moral and righteous.

the world as we know it whether we like it or not is the struggle btw good and evil... The latter contains The very seed through which destruction of views and beliefs that strengthens our moral values we so priced and no other channel through which this seed is sown better than humans.

we would not hide from the fact that it is now more than ever in the history of mankind that this evil has be more evident:in the media, on the internet, magazines, Television(cable and National), everywhere you look is immorality and the mediums to promote them are cheaper and easily accessible.

If we choose to remain silent/quiet then we have resigned our will to condemn not only ourselves but those that we come after us....

we are never self-rigtheous and our flaws as humans attest to that but what we will not allow is to make that same mistake over and over again....
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by blancason: 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
bamto:
Just one brainwashed member of a family that idolizes her can create problem for the whole family. And from a family, it spreads to a community and to the nation at large. .
what kind of logic is this how do you prove its brainwash....the way some people think make me SMH. And again, Goldie to me was not immoral compared to what obtains, she is always in costumes not naked like most video vixens. i appreciate her artistic value and expression of how she feels in her music videos....she is no doubt talented and made an impact artistically in Nigeria and beyond...same cant be said of the hypocrites castigating her in this faceless thread. they will be ridiculed at the point of their deaths too, as what goes around comes around. but definitely, she will would have made more impact than most empty vessels...may God bless her soul
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by freecocoa(f): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
obyrich: Listen to yourself- she did not harm anybody( millions of Nigerians dont) she was a peace Ambassador ( Did she volunteer her services to broker peace in the Niger Delta, in Potiskum or Jos?), she carved a niche for HERSELF( by peddling drugs abi?). She introduced new concepts( of celebrities keeping their marriage secret and deceiving their fans, abi?) She advocated nonviolence against women( was she outstanding in the advocacy?), she did not steal( how did you know. Do you steal?). So these are your bright testimonies of Goldie and why you think she should be immortalised and celebrated? How did Goldie add value to the life of Nigerians or Ekiti people to deserve the media hype? Goldie is dead and should remain so. Any attempt to make her appear like a national hero should be critisized. I'm yet to hear a single outstanding legacy she bequeathed the next generation of youths. Is Goldie the kind of role model you will recommend to your children? Only fools celebrate riches without asking how it was acquired. Learn to ask how, it doesnt hurt. Many of the so-called celebrities today are social miscreants and rascals with a clear mandate of promoting immorality. How many destitute youths in her community did she rehabilitate? How many aged people was she sustaining with her money? How many orphans were on her scholarship list? How many Jobless youths in her village did she empower financially? In what way did Goldie help the work of bringing good governance to Ekiti state? Still wondering.
All these questions you asked are useless and doesn't make sense as far as I'm concerned.

How would you know how many people she's helped?(widows and orphans alike). Again the issue of judging someone you don't entirely know comes to light, shey she is supposed to tell you personally before helping anyone? Please y'all should remove the log in your own eyes before trying to remove the speck in someone else's eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
funkydot: @Op
What is all dis sanctimonious nonsense you have just penned that all your ilk here are celebrating?!!! People like you make me sick because you just take a look at someone and condemn then from your high viewing pedestal based on media representation wtf! Just because Goldie lived part of her life in the face of the public being an entertainer doesn't mean she can be trashed for whatever we deduce from her so-called lifestyle forgetting that most of our generalisation about these so-called celebrities are mostly based on assumptions and half-truths. Besides the fact that we found out Goldie was married after her death as well as her celebrated relationship with Prezzo, there doesn't seem to be any other scandal associated with her...now if you would be reasonable and agree with me that in between her so-called 'secret marriage' and dalliance with Prezzo there are a lot of grey areas that we do not understand and perhaps may never know nor is this really any business of ours.In view of the fact that the main man (i.e. her hubby) who should have felt slighted or wronged by this 'adultery' kept praising her really makes me wonder what exactly all this hullabaloo is all about! I believe each and everyone of us should examine ourselves to see if indeed we are living exemplary lives before this castigation of Goldie. For the records, I had no intention of holding brief for her because I could barely stick her while she was alive, perhaps I even said some mean words about her during the BBA episode because she came across as a needy and clingy lady not particularly my type of role model because I mostly admire strong women but this whole ish on her death and lifestyle is just totally pitiful so please let's put some sensibilities into our comments remembering she has loved ones that will be grieving her early demise. Just my 2 cents.

Birds of the same feather.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2013
@Free2rhyme, seriously u have it all to do. @Funkydot, I agree with u.
There's no way u can judge Goldie based on all these. No way. U don't know her, simple! She's very down to earth as opposed to ur epistle. We had mutual friend n I had a chat with her once. While I'm not holding brief for her, She was just a singer, and that's what she wanted to be. Forget BBA. Pure entertainment. She hustled hard to get to where she was. Do u know what it takes for a 20+ person to live in d public eye? @Free2rhyme, package ur talent n try it. I dare u! Then u can write a book about it, shey o ti gbo*sic*. I don't understand y Nigerians are so judgemental. She wanted to give the Grammies a shot. So far, 9ja-bred artisted aren't winning it. That was her immediate goal, I believe. So all these Goldie this, Goldie that is uncalled for, really. Person dey work hard, anoda person go carry biro dey break am down. U fit write one song? U fit sell 2 copies? I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by vicope: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
@seunnaija,I'm tempted to engage you in an argument, but on a second thought, I know I'm smarter than that. I'll leave Nairalanders to judge who has more intelligence btw the both of us. Thanks to the easy accessibility to the internet, bigots like you just write any rubbish thought that comes to their mind and post for every1 to see ur level of IQ. Truly, those who live in glass house should not throw stones........but u're too daft to know this!
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by angelz(f): 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
@OP.
Nice 1.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by tpia5: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
Chidoxyl: These things just go 2 confirm dat satan d devil is firmly in charge of this world

Cant argue with that.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by farem: 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
Chanchit: @Op thats the way the game is now being played. The world is now crazy, n I think its just better to just go crazy with it. As for me I'M CRAZY..! grin
[color=#990000]
The world has gone crazy: the failure rate of waec is alarming; The raging of diseases is unprecedented; Terrorists and ritualists with their outputs are alarming; Rape, Incest (sex between blood relations) are now commonplace; Corruption and Embezzlement walk shoulder high: Drop outs and unemployment stare us in the face: Financially -irresponsible booze parents are everywhere: Death of young people is no longer an issue: Human bodies littering our street are more than rats thrown out in our slums; Humanity is being regened to see the Devil and his evils as nothing but the way of life; THE WORLD HAS INDEED GONE CRAZY! BUT I AM NOT OF THE WORLD, SO, I REFUSE TO GO CRAZY!

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 5:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
jcgodfrey: @Free2rhyme, seriously u have it all to do. @Funkydot, I agree with u.
There's no way u can judge Goldie based on all these. No way. U don't know her, simple! She's very down to earth as opposed to ur epistle. We had mutual friend n I had a chat with her once. While I'm not holding brief for her, She was just a singer, and that's what she wanted to be. Forget BBA. Pure entertainment. She hustled hard to get to where she was. Do u know what it takes for a 20+ person to live in d public eye? @Free2rhyme, package ur talent n try it. I dare u! Then u can write a book about it, shey o ti gbo*sic*. I don't understand y Nigerians are so judgemental. She wanted to give the Grammies a shot. So far, 9ja-bred artisted aren't winning it. That was her immediate goal, I believe. So all these Goldie this, Goldie that is uncalled for, really. Person dey work hard, anoda person go carry biro dey break am down. U fit write one song? U fit sell 2 copies? I rest my case.

Dis piece was not in anyway to disrespect Goldie… and it did not judge her in anyway...

But let it be known for the records my comment was to respond to yours
On your relationship with Goldie I will engage you on that.. How many of her CDs do you have?
Secondly, I challenge you anywhere, can Goldie sing without auto- tunes? Not forgetting BBA, Would u or your sibilings accept Goldie as a mentor with all the drama in BBA house. Fine, she is human so we can accept it because the world approves of it abi?
The best of songs that won a Grammy were never sang because the singer wanted a Grammy that is where we miss it in this country … Must you sing because you want to win award or because you want to make a meaningful impact in people’s lives and affect them positively. U don’t sing because you want to win grammy but because u want to communicate a deep meaning which only music can communicate and you want to make an impact in the world around you that is why we can accept whacks and craps because your record label has the whole of Alaba market on their benevolence list. Must you even win Grammy? Is Grammy a yard stick for a gr8 song? If mad man get connection and the money is there must craze follow am abi?
I can never sell or promote two copies /million copies of crap.
I agree with you that I don’t have talent but one thing is certain I will continue to keep my ways right before God and Man. I might not be perfect but I will make it a duty to live right. I was never happy she died when Yaw broke the news on the early hours the morning after valentine I was cold to the bones /marrows on my way to work and one question keeps coming to mind; what is my way with God?
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by ozeman(m): 5:52pm On Feb 22, 2013
Nice write up
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by jpphilips(m): 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2013
funkydot: @Op
What is all dis sanctimonious nonsense you have just penned that all your ilk here are celebrating?!!! People like you make me sick because you just take a look at someone and condemn then from your high viewing pedestal based on media representation wtf! Just because Goldie lived part of her life in the face of the public being an entertainer doesn't mean she can be trashed for whatever we deduce from her so-called lifestyle forgetting that most of our generalisation about these so-called celebrities are mostly based on assumptions and half-truths. Besides the fact that we found out Goldie was married after her death as well as her celebrated relationship with Prezzo, there doesn't seem to be any other scandal associated with her...now if you would be reasonable and agree with me that in between her so-called 'secret marriage' and dalliance with Prezzo there are a lot of grey areas that we do not understand and perhaps may never know nor is this really any business of ours.In view of the fact that the main man (i.e. her hubby) who should have felt slighted or wronged by this 'adultery' kept praising her really makes me wonder what exactly all this hullabaloo is all about! I believe each and everyone of us should examine ourselves to see if indeed we are living exemplary lives before this castigation of Goldie. For the records, I had no intention of holding brief for her because I could barely stick her while she was alive, perhaps I even said some mean words about her during the BBA episode because she came across as a needy and clingy lady not particularly my type of role model because I mostly admire strong women but this whole ish on her death and lifestyle is just totally pitiful so please let's put some sensibilities into our comments remembering she has loved ones that will be grieving her early demise. Just my 2 cents.

the bold is the part where the poster is worried. if neither you nor the so called hubby took pleasure and "entertainment" in that Adultery saga shows how deranged and morally bankrupt you and the hubby are.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by jpphilips(m): 6:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
ayosmiles: Fame and success are goverened by the rule of demand nd supply and not morality. Btw, morality is subjective, u will always xplain morals from your point of view. If some pastors who do these so called lewd things in secret are celebrated for d good things they do in public, thn celibrities should be celebrated for every good thing they do in public despite some other acts that some people find immoral. Who are u to say something is immoral. Goldie deserves to be celebrated, she carved a nich for herself nd introduced new concepts. She is a peace ambassador and an advocate of nonviolence against women. Is that not good enough. At least she didnt steal or harm anybody. U ppl critizizing her, wht have u done for your society? If u dont like her its a personal thing, then look the other way

what exactly is in this head? saw dust?

#justthinkingaloud#
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Michky: 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
blancason: what kind of logic is this how do you prove its brainwash....the way some people think make SMH. And again, Goldie to me was not that immoral compared to what obtains, she is always in costumes not naked like most video vixens. i appreciate her artistic value and expression of how she feels in her music videos....she is no doubt talented and made an impact artistically in Nigeria and beyond...same cant be said of the hypocrites castigating her in this faceless thread. they will be ridiculed at the point of their deaths too, as what goes around comes around. but definitely, she will make more impact than most empty vessels...may God bless her soul
In response to you shallow argument, i'll recap a line or two from one of her songs (featuring Jayone). "ALL THEM BOYS WANNA PLAY WITH ME, PLAY WITH ME, ALL THEM BOYS WANNA ENTER ME" (she all did the sign of the vaginna while singing that line). Now, would you be proud to hear your daughter sing along to that kind of song? Lets not forget that you'll definately actualize whatever you say repeatedly with your mouth. Its just a matter of time before your daughter becomes a public place. Dude, are you saying you'll be proud with an unwanted pregnancy that your daughter might bring home? Dont rule out the possibility of hiv o.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Michky: 6:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
monex:

yeah. we really need to understand that this world is driven by greed. The objective of the owners of nairaland is to improve traffic and not contribute positively to the society.

True talk. Its all about the money. Shame.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Michky: 6:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
This is one sick post. We're complaining about immorality and you suggest we look the other way eh? Terrible.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by kinguwem: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
We live in a modern world. As long as the laws are not broken, you can live the way you want to. Two things are important in the modern world: 1. Economy (money) & 2. Politics (power).
No amount of morality is going to feed the people if jobs are not created. The movie/music industry which has a lot of people with different characters is a major source of income in the country. Despite our moral values we should not be judgemental about peoples lifestyles because everybody cannot behalf the same way.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Michky: 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
freecocoa: Which truth? Who made you judge and jury?
Judge or no judge. What is bad is bad and no excuse of yours can change that. Just like being a judge is irrelevant when someone jumps down from a skyscrapper unaided. Meaning, whether you agree or not, that person will die. Same goes for this Goldie palava. From your post, its like you're saying that no one knows what morality is, hence, no one has the right to judge others as immoral. Right? Well my dear, whether you like it or not, goldie is synonymous with immorality. And immorality is not a subjective entity. Certain deeds exist that are surely immoral.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by tpia5: 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
The movie/music industry which has a lot of people with different characters is a major source of income in the country.

to the country or to the participants?

maybe you mean it helps people forget the poverty, because i fail to see how its a major source of income to the country.

can you explain better.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Michky: 7:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
kinguwem: We live in a modern world. As long as the laws are not broken, you can live the way you want to. Two things are important in the modern world: 1. Economy (money) & 2. Politics (power).
No amount of morality is going to feed the people if jobs are not created. The movie/music industry which has a lot of people with different characters is a major source of income in the country. Despite our moral values we should not be judgemental about peoples lifestyles because everybody cannot behalf the same way.

Terrible thinking. You forget that morality is the reason you're still alive today. Dude, if not for fear of an illusionary place called hellfire, you would have been killed a long time ago. Moral = conscience o. Shey you know. Governments would have banned religion ever since but havnt, because they know that there's still a limit to what the law can do. The police that are the upholder of the law are barely enough to catch every offender (even with the presence of morality). Without morals, the police will be useless believe me. The prisons wont be sufficient anymore. Criminals will roam free and earth will no longer be safe enough to live. I hope you now see why morality is also important.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lorena Rojas ("Isabel Aroyo De Donoso") Dies At 44! / I Have A Girlfriend But Not In A Hurry For Marriage –don Jazzy / Seyi Edun Asks Adewale Kofoworolaa To Kneel Down For Bullying Her On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.