Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. (24391 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / May D In Trouble at ikeja Mall For constituting a nuisance with His Drift Board / Goldie Visits Prezzo In kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Seyidlc(m): 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
Am very happy some things are now publicly criticized....9ce writeup@op.....#It is well..Thank God we are reminding ourselvs of what lies ahead...He is coming soon..are you prepared?
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by yuzedo: 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Maina for president 2015!!!!!
grin grin

kumbalo: @OP, Nice post.Unfortunately you just couldn't hide you religious bigotry when you mentioned that the Ganster at the white... house throwing drones, killing Matin Luther King's dream. That almost rubbished you entire post for real.
Totally agree. Nonetheless a fantastic message. Almost flawless.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Ezyp(m): 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
One funny tin is that most ppl here bashing on 'modern celeb' are same ppl encouragin them by buyin, playin, attendin their shows.....A musicial once said well i give to the public what they want. If they want sex words, nude video i gve to them... So blame urselves also......there are good music out there encourage them

2 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by yuzedo: 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
dare2think: Classic case of Liberalism vs Conservatism.

Interesting reading both sides of the arguments.

Nice write up by the op with the exception of the bigotry and self-righteousness contained within.

+100
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by tomakint: 1:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
HNosegbe:

Rubbish.
Seconded! Why? Her post has been proved and tested to be a 'hogwash' cool
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Sagamite(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
bukatyne: I believe we can still train our kids in the right way and who knows, they might be the light that will shine in their dark world.

It is very, very tough nowadays.

Very, very tough.

We are social animals. I would do all I cab but they would still have a world bombarding them with nonsense from all angles and mediums, and they might still mix with kids of people I despise their parental ideology (like Miss Ife and jidegirl12) in environments I can't control. Moreover, the liberal funky ideology is more fun even if damaging.

It is a village that raises a child, not just me the parent.

Evolutionary efficiency is kicking in as I am subconsciously keeping my seeds in the sack. angry

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by escottkr8t(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
I was in agreement with you till about half way through your rant, then I start getting the extent of your religious bigotry and extremist views and I say to you that your type are also part of the problems plaguing the world and Nigeria. So do remove the beam from your eye before worrying about the spec in another mans eyes. We all need to better ourselves and our minds. Goodluck to you on this journey called life!

2 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by madeinnigeria: 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
Come to think of it this your post is not about goldie...i think its more about religious sentiments..the more i read this post of yours the more i realise that it resembles the writings of a boko haram member becos what is the correlation between obamas governance and the way goldie was when she was alive......and ppl should note that the op used goldie's name for 5minutes of attention so that ppl will click on his write up nd end up on d frontpage....whether u lik it or not goldie na celeb wey dem recognise nd na hero to her fans and her governor
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by rhymesteey(f): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
I am impressed that we have people with this kind of understanding in Nigeria. Good. Keep it UP
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by nitlad: 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
made in nigeria: [s]Come to think of it this your post is not about goldie...i think its more about religious sentiments..the more i read this post of yours the more i realise that it resembles the writings of a boko haram member becos what is the correlation between obamas governance and the way goldie was when she was alive......and ppl should note that the op used goldie's name for 5minutes of attention so that ppl will click on his write up nd end up on d frontpage....[/s] whether u lik it or not goldie na celeb wey dem recognise nd na [size=50pt]hero[/size] to her fans and her governor
Disastrously tragic!

You are a crotch-stain!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by kristana(f): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
The op is so on point. Am so impressed. GOD bless u for saying the truth.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Rastamann: 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
As businessmen, you give to your customers what they want and will buy. That is exactly what many of the musicians are doing especially in Nigeria. What many people want to see and buy is what these musicians dish out to them. We are in a business world!
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by touchmeder: 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

About ten years ago I lost a friend in an armed robbery incident. Obviously the armed robbers were not satisfied with robbing they needed to make a point by harming someone in the house and my friend’s mother was their target. As they swung the axe my friend who was the scholar of our class in secondary school protected his mother with his head….he died; no national award, no postmortem speech from the Governor and of course no celebrity burial; he was just another guy, the fact that he took a battle axe to his head for his mother was irrelevant

This and many more of it happens in a country wherein people get millions both in local and foreign currency for playing football; a country wherein comedians shake hands with the President and women who kiss strange men on camera in the name of acting take home National Award and an immoral youth who made fame singing about his private part is given special opportunity to interview the President in a desperate campaign strategy because the thinking is that the community is populated by zombies and bimbos who will vote in a PHD holder on the “honour” of a nuisance whose only relevance to society, apart from lewd music, is competition in air and space. Thus the question every sane Nigerian should be asking is when will this madness of underserved honour stop?

The death of the musician from Ekiti, Goldie Harvey, and the attempt to make it seem like we lost an icon is another and perhaps the worst of all these madness. I do not believe that death, which we will all face, should make you a hero except you died an honourable death. When people just drop dead we grieve and console the family not tell blatant lies as to who they were. This is why the statement of the Ekiti State Governor is worrisome. Mr. Kayode Fayemi is reported to have described Goldie as a “great daughter of Ekiti State” and one has to wonder upon what was this greatness achieved? Are people now great for singing meaningless songs with promiscuous suggestions or for taking and publishing suggestive photos of themselves?

Since when did we consider it greatness to appeal to the sexual cravings of perverts and run after men on camera in the name of a reality show that is far from reality? Since when did it become great achievement that a lady is even thought of as being a junkie in her life time? How can this be great?

In the past fathers will tell their children “don’t bring shame to this family” but nowadays shame and shamelessness is celebrated with such noise that you think the Devil himself is in charge of people’s life and even he has gone crazy.

Ironically, around the same period this unfortunate death occurred Governor Theodora Orji of Abia State was commending Mrs. Nwanyieze Prosper for winning the Purity Queen title for a lady who kept her virginity until her marriage; surprisingly some Nigerians criticized the Governor and even ‘accused’ him of giving her a car whereas Governor Kayode Fayemi was praised for describing Goldie as a “bright star” among other accolades including that she lived a “fulfilled life”. Indeed the world is upside down.

The problem with giving honour to people who did dishonourable acts is that people will definitely emulate them. The Dolly Parton’s of this world made it a fashion for women to expose their cleavage; years on women have lost their husbands to such exposure and homes have collapsed; the Dr. Dre’s of this world made being “gangster” a fashionable thing and years later the gangsters are increasing and we even have a gangster in the White House killing innocent people with Drones….Martin Luther’s dreams became a Nightmare. And this list goes on and on; for every irresponsible person you honour you make irresponsibility the “swag”, the same way for every man who dies for his mother you honour you make standing up against oppression and protecting the weak the in-thing….make your choice.

Lastly, we must clarify two issues. The first one is with regards to speaking “evil” about the dead while the second one is the “who are you to Judge” comedy.

Firstly, the dead has already met what he or she put forward hence there is no need to speak of its evil. What there is need to do however is to either call the living to an example to live by if the dead is worthy of emulation or to warn the living to stay away from a wasteful lifestyle like that of the dead who lived life as if death was never going to come and this is the real lesson here; life is short, if you live it like Goldie your death may come and meet you in that state; what will you tell your Creator? We cannot pretend this is not the lesson here; it will be one lie too many

Secondly, they ask us not to Judge and we say to them since we are in the spirit of not judging kindly don’t judge the location of your mouth so that you put your food in your nose. We say to them that in this spirit of not judging please cross the road without judging that a vehicle is close enough to knock you down; maybe when you are in the air you will realise your stupidity.

We do not Judge a person who has Faith that he or she will be in the hellfire, we do not Judge that the person’s bad is more than his/her good, we do not Judge if God will forgive a believer…..but we Judge that fornication and the promotion of it is EVIL, and that the one who represented evil dead does not make evil good.

Some others will say an adult can do what he or she likes and you don’t have to force your life on others. The question we have for this set of confused mentally colonized perverts is that this same justification is given to homosexuality and it will soon be given to incest so that if a grown up man and his grown up daughter say they fell in love and want to marry your kind will say well it’s their life, it does not affect me….can you see now that you are sick?

Conclusively, the lessons from this unfortunate incident can be summarized as thus;

1) Death can come at any time; be prepared to meet your Lord.

2) Fame and fortunes are but illusions, what matters is your relationship with your Creator.

3) The enjoyment of this world is fleeting; don’t let it deceive you.

4) Live a good life; one that does not involve promoting lewdness or any type of evil; death and Judgment is real and it is no respecter of status.

5) It was the honour given her musical mentors that led the lady to not just music but a meaningless form upon which her life ended so let’s ensure that we do not turn scum into icons because people will sure emulate them.
May God Almighty give the family fortitude to bear the lost and guide them aright.

Eseoghene Al-Faruq Ohwojeheri
Benin City

http://www.facebook.com/jewju.brown/posts/10152563271535133

Trust me i was not the biggest fan of Goldie but you have no right to judge her like you knew her personally at the bolded part. Are they some reasonable points in your essay? Of course i believe you did make some good points. Do i think the Ekiti state government should immortalize her and stuff? I dont think its necessary. Its enough they offer condolences on behalf of the state. Do i even think it was necessary for a state government to be involved in gifts or a car for a woman who kept her virginity until marriage? I'm sorry but thats a NO for me too. Thats what an NGO,religious or philanthropic organisation should be concerned with. At the end of the day i will use a word you alluded to in your essay. Judge that you may not be judged too. You dont know if she made her peace with her maker before she died. So many people will be shocked on the last day.All ye spiritual individual who think you are up there and someone else falls short be careful...

7 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by OmoEziokwu: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Just like someone mentioned earlier, this reminds men that saying that is commonly attributed to Winston Churchil-"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain."

Some people already have conservative tendencies even in their 20s anyway. Goldie was not the worst person in the world but I must say that the poster made some valid points. Let's all focus on the message, this really isn't about anyone in particular.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by freecocoa(f): 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
nitlad:
Even if you tried, you would not register a point!

I have a huge dis-taste for inbred plonkers! That you see the the OP as being judgemental raises a red flag about you as being inscrutable!

You are chatting the same megede-fegede again!

It is because of acts like this that this world has been re-engineered on a disastrous path of self implosion.

These are the kinda shytes that make ninnies like you not see anything wrong in morally bankrupt celeb1tches!

That you don't see anything wrong in being the poster girl for immorality and decadence tells the whole story undecided
I'm actually laughing at you right now, the irony in your posts is just out of this world. grin

You should hide your face in shame cos seriously you shouldn't be anywhere near where morality is being discussed.

The OP's post is way too judgmental and if only you'd be true to yourself you'll see that but hey, that's too much task for you so don't even bother. Its obvious you can't make a post devoid of insults so I'm done wasting my time with you.

Oh my days! Trying to teach me morality only to succeed in showing the world you don't even know what that word means, lmao grin

2 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by yuzedo: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

I have NEVER watched any of those shows because I like my food and don't want to throw-up. grin grin grin grin grin

But they keep on churning out more of those moronic kinds of programmes everytime.

The last one I saw advertised and swore under my breath was "Singing Date". People meet up on blind dates and sit and sing to each other.

I was so irritated and thinking which funky moorons conjured this new dumb rubbish again. grin

Give me Newsnight and Dragons Den anyday. grin
LMAO! I swear man! I wonder whether it's not the same DSTV that shows these reta'rded shows and music videos that shows Dragons Den, Weakest Link, etc!
The choices people make and absurdly reta'rded preferences they have sha... The dearth of Intellectually and mentally stimulating activity we are currently experiencing; Generation St(u)pid! undecided
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by bukatyne(f): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

It is very, very tough nowadays.

Very, very tough.

We are social animals. I would do all I cab but they would still have a world bombarding them with nonsense from all angles and mediums, and they might still mix with kids of people I despise their parental ideology (like Miss Ife and jidegirl12) in environments I can't control. Moreover, the liberal funky ideology is more fun even if damaging.

It is a village that raises a child, not just me the parent.

Evolutionary efficiency is kicking in as I am subconsciously keeping my seeds in the sack. angry
True but we can still give them the best and give them reasons why a certain livestyle ain't right. Even if they stray, chances are they will come back to how they were brought up baceause they feel very empty.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by eedriyz(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
dhardline: True talk.we now live in a society that glorifies evil than good.Eg.Bad guy:what most people refer to them selves now
Sexy:what most girls want to be called
hustler:what most people call what dey do but which really means gettin money through illegal means
Hot:most girls will prefer to be known as a hot chic now instead of cool chic
A world where u talk against gay rights and the prosecute and curse you but support them and you are showered accolades that you support freedom and the list goes on and on.my prayer now is 'father let thy kingdom come.'

I love this post
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
touchmeder:

Trust me i was not the biggest fan of Goldie but you have no right to judge her like you knew her personally at the bolded part. Are they some reasonable points in your essay? Of course i believe you did make some good points. Do i think the Ekiti state government should immortalize her and stuff? I dont think its necessary. Its enough they offer condolences on behalf of the state. Do i even think it was necessary for a state government to be involved in gifts or a car for a woman who kept her virginity until marriage? I'm sorry but thats a NO for me too. Thats what an NGO,religious or philanthropic organisation should be concerned with. At the end of the day i will use a word you alluded to in your essay. Judge that you may not be judged too. You dont know if she made her peace with her maker before she died. So many people will be shocked on the last day.All ye spiritual individual who think you are up there and someone else falls short be careful...

bros where in the piece was she judged?
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by vicade(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
By the way, the Mrs Prosper that got rewarded for being "Pure" for getting married as a virgin is another way the original poster makes a little mess of his opinion.

If I was Governor Orji I would have put her through a lie detector test first:

1. Has she ever done behind based sex ?
2.Has she ever been kissed ?
3.Has she ever been fondled ?
4.Has she ever touched her self ?

You see, if you wanna go down the Moral ladder, we can always go to the deepest level there is.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by mrdino(m): 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
@Op, u ar so on point
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
funkydot: @Op
What is all dis sanctimonious nonsense you have just penned that all your ilk here are celebrating?!!! People like you make me sick because you just take a look at someone and condemn then from your high viewing pedestal based on media representation wtf! Just because Goldie lived part of her life in the face of the public being an entertainer doesn't mean she can be trashed for whatever we deduce from her so-called lifestyle forgetting that most of our generalisation about these so-called celebrities are mostly based on assumptions and half-truths. Besides the fact that we found out Goldie was married after her death as well as her celebrated relationship with Prezzo, there doesn't seem to be any other scandal associated with her...now if you would be reasonable and agree with me that in between her so-called 'secret marriage' and dalliance with Prezzo there are a lot of grey areas that we do not understand and perhaps may never know nor is this really any business of ours.In view of the fact that the main man (i.e. her hubby) who should have felt slighted or wronged by this 'adultery' kept praising her really makes me wonder what exactly all this hullabaloo is all about! I believe each and everyone of us should examine ourselves to see if indeed we are living exemplary lives before this castigation of Goldie. For the records, I had no intention of holding brief for her because I could barely stick her while she was alive, perhaps I even said some mean words about her during the BBA episode because she came across as a needy and clingy lady not particularly my type of role model because I mostly admire strong women but this whole ish on her death and lifestyle is just totally pitiful so please let's put some sensibilities into our comments remembering she has loved ones that will be grieving her early demise. Just my 2 cents.

+10000 likes
The author of this piece should park well jor! You can't judge people simply because you believe their level of morality is low, who make you the person to set moral standard for others?
If what you call immorality and mediocrity is being enjoyed by others wetin be your own wahala? Must everyone be geek or religious like you?
I don't even know who Goldie was, never listened to her music but if some people enjoy listening to her 'immoral' music how is that my problem? It's a free world jor!

2 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Biggoozz: 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

About ten years ago I lost a friend in an armed robbery incident. Obviously the armed robbers were not satisfied with robbing they needed to make a point by harming someone in the house and my friend’s mother was their target. As they swung the axe my friend who was the scholar of our class in secondary school protected his mother with his head….he died; no national award, no postmortem speech from the Governor and of course no celebrity burial; he was just another guy, the fact that he took a battle axe to his head for his mother was irrelevant

This and many more of it happens in a country wherein people get millions both in local and foreign currency for playing football; a country wherein comedians shake hands with the President and women who kiss strange men on camera in the name of acting take home National Award and an immoral youth who made fame singing about his private part is given special opportunity to interview the President in a desperate campaign strategy because the thinking is that the community is populated by zombies and bimbos who will vote in a PHD holder on the “honour” of a nuisance whose only relevance to society, apart from lewd music, is competition in air and space. Thus the question every sane Nigerian should be asking is when will this madness of underserved honour stop?

The death of the musician from Ekiti, Goldie Harvey, and the attempt to make it seem like we lost an icon is another and perhaps the worst of all these madness. I do not believe that death, which we will all face, should make you a hero except you died an honourable death. When people just drop dead we grieve and console the family not tell blatant lies as to who they were. This is why the statement of the Ekiti State Governor is worrisome. Mr. Kayode Fayemi is reported to have described Goldie as a “great daughter of Ekiti State” and one has to wonder upon what was this greatness achieved? Are people now great for singing meaningless songs with promiscuous suggestions or for taking and publishing suggestive photos of themselves?

Since when did we consider it greatness to appeal to the sexual cravings of perverts and run after men on camera in the name of a reality show that is far from reality? Since when did it become great achievement that a lady is even thought of as being a junkie in her life time? How can this be great?

In the past fathers will tell their children “don’t bring shame to this family” but nowadays shame and shamelessness is celebrated with such noise that you think the Devil himself is in charge of people’s life and even he has gone crazy.

Ironically, around the same period this unfortunate death occurred Governor Theodora Orji of Abia State was commending Mrs. Nwanyieze Prosper for winning the Purity Queen title for a lady who kept her virginity until her marriage; surprisingly some Nigerians criticized the Governor and even ‘accused’ him of giving her a car whereas Governor Kayode Fayemi was praised for describing Goldie as a “bright star” among other accolades including that she lived a “fulfilled life”. Indeed the world is upside down.

The problem with giving honour to people who did dishonourable acts is that people will definitely emulate them. The Dolly Parton’s of this world made it a fashion for women to expose their cleavage; years on women have lost their husbands to such exposure and homes have collapsed; the Dr. Dre’s of this world made being “gangster” a fashionable thing and years later the gangsters are increasing and we even have a gangster in the White House killing innocent people with Drones….Martin Luther’s dreams became a Nightmare. And this list goes on and on; for every irresponsible person you honour you make irresponsibility the “swag”, the same way for every man who dies for his mother you honour you make standing up against oppression and protecting the weak the in-thing….make your choice.

Lastly, we must clarify two issues. The first one is with regards to speaking “evil” about the dead while the second one is the “who are you to Judge” comedy.

Firstly, the dead has already met what he or she put forward hence there is no need to speak of its evil. What there is need to do however is to either call the living to an example to live by if the dead is worthy of emulation or to warn the living to stay away from a wasteful lifestyle like that of the dead who lived life as if death was never going to come and this is the real lesson here; life is short, if you live it like Goldie your death may come and meet you in that state; what will you tell your Creator? We cannot pretend this is not the lesson here; it will be one lie too many

Secondly, they ask us not to Judge and we say to them since we are in the spirit of not judging kindly don’t judge the location of your mouth so that you put your food in your nose. We say to them that in this spirit of not judging please cross the road without judging that a vehicle is close enough to knock you down; maybe when you are in the air you will realise your stupidity.

We do not Judge a person who has Faith that he or she will be in the hellfire, we do not Judge that the person’s bad is more than his/her good, we do not Judge if God will forgive a believer…..but we Judge that fornication and the promotion of it is EVIL, and that the one who represented evil dead does not make evil good.

Some others will say an adult can do what he or she likes and you don’t have to force your life on others. The question we have for this set of confused mentally colonized perverts is that this same justification is given to homosexuality and it will soon be given to incest so that if a grown up man and his grown up daughter say they fell in love and want to marry your kind will say well it’s their life, it does not affect me….can you see now that you are sick?

Conclusively, the lessons from this unfortunate incident can be summarized as thus;

1) Death can come at any time; be prepared to meet your Lord.

2) Fame and fortunes are but illusions, what matters is your relationship with your Creator.

3) The enjoyment of this world is fleeting; don’t let it deceive you.

4) Live a good life; one that does not involve promoting lewdness or any type of evil; death and Judgment is real and it is no respecter of status.

5) It was the honour given her musical mentors that led the lady to not just music but a meaningless form upon which her life ended so let’s ensure that we do not turn scum into icons because people will sure emulate them.
May God Almighty give the family fortitude to bear the lost and guide them aright.

Eseoghene Al-Faruq Ohwojeheri
Benin City

http://www.facebook.com/jewju.brown/posts/10152563271535133

My summary- Many people of our time will be destroyed by follow-follow syndrome, who cannot objectively observe life and decide how they want to live and be ready to defend it with their lives.

Having said that, here is my own message- "Observe, all creation are giving us glaring clues, the surprise of the coming of Christ is about to hit the earth". Don't be among those to say "How foolish I am to have followed the crowd against my conscience".
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by probsolver: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
@op
You have done a very good job keep it, there are still sensible nigerians. Don't mind all the citics they are just displaying and defending immorality perhaps out of ignorance.
Thank you for the good piece
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
yuzedo:
LMAO! I swear man! I wonder whether it's not the same DSTV that shows these reta'rded shows and music videos that shows Dragons Den, Weakest Link, etc!
The choices people make and absurdly reta'rded preferences they have sha... The dearth of Intellectually and mentally stimulating activity we are currently experiencing; Generation St(u)pid! undecided

Complete generation stewpid and they feel so enlightened. grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1164951/gay-men-stripped-paraded-imo/8#13869924
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by iykemyke: 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
kumbalo: @OP, Nice post.Unfortunately you just couldn't hide you religious bigotry when you mentioned that the Ganster at the white... house throwing drones, killing Matin Luther King's dream. That almost rubbished you entire post for real.
what did the op say that is wrong. Is the man occupying white house not a gangster. Lets leave the drones out of it what of the immorality(gay) is busy promoting worldwide.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by freecocoa(f): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

I dont think there is anything judgemental in this.. You wont approved your married sister chasing after young weird boiz on BBA when she has sworn to the oath for better or worse ... she is only a point of reference to the immorality and shamelessness that is being pervert all in the name of entertainment ... I believe you would approve of ofunneka being fingered and getting drunk in a previous edition of BBA. Pls if you would not wish your family member to engage in such an immoral act dont approve it of anybody..
You have succeeded in proving beyond every reasonable doubts how judgmental you are.

How do you know she was still married to Mr Harvey as at the time of the BBA show? the said husband only made the marriage public AFTER she died, did you read the interview with him? Let me help you out if you didn't, he said the whole thing with Prezzo was for publicity sake and if he, the supposed husband saw no wrong with what his wife did, who are you to judge her as immoral for it?

The lady isn't even here to defend herself and you are seated on your high moral horse condemning her because of what you think a married woman shouldn't do, I'm just so shocked at the hypocrisy of your post and this thread at large.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Chuksgeo: 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
[/color]all I know is that never would there be a time evil would prevail over good, so all U worldly-impactless-fame-wannabees and worldly impactless-famed-followers should be ware "for the kingdom of God is at hand"[color=#990000]all I know is that never would there be a time evil would prevail over good, so all U worldly-impactless-fame-wannabees and worldly impactless-famed-followers should be ware "for the kingdom of God is at hand"all I know is that never would there be a time evil would prevail over good, so all U worldly-impactless-fame-wannabees and worldly impactless-famed-followers should be ware "for the kingdom of God is at hand"
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Sagamite(m): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
inufele2:

+10000 likes
The author of this piece should park well jor! You can't judge people simply because you believe their level of morality is low, who make you the person to set moral standard for others?
If what you call immorality and mediocrity is being enjoyed by others wetin be your own wahala? Must everyone be geek or religious like you?
I don't even know who Goldie was, never listened to her music but if some people enjoy listening to her 'immoral' music how is that my problem? It's a free world jor!

I bet you felt you have talked sense now?

Right?

So on what grounds would you argue people should not be able to walk na'ked on the streets if they choose?

What would be your srgument if a colleague wants to come to school/work buttnaked?

Tell me.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
Been reading all pages of this post.i think if our president or senate will generate this kind of mentality,things will b better.
Pls let call nonsense what it is,and face changes than adore evil and it keeps promoting.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by yuzedo: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
Purist: Indeed, one has got to wonder how this writer arrived at his conclusions and deemed Goldie as "immoral" and "dishonourable". This write up, though contains some salient points, generally reeks of extreme self-righteousness. If you ask me, this sanctimonious rant qualifies the writer as immoral and dishonourable as well. Don't ask me how; my methods are the same as the writer's. You see, the problem with passing moral judgments is that our individual and collective senses of what constitutes morality are often subjective. For example, some would have you believe that certain hairstyles are immoral. Or certain clothings; even jewelries. Who defines these things?
Food for thought! Fine point sir.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2013

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Toyin Aimakhu Turns An Aged Woman On Set Of New Movie / A Fan Prays Kemi Adetiba Gets Engaged As She Turns 37 (PHOTOS) / Davido's 4-Year-Old Daughter: "Why Take Paternity Test When You Never Met Her?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.