Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. (24390 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / May D In Trouble at ikeja Mall For constituting a nuisance with His Drift Board / Goldie Visits Prezzo In kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
freecocoa: You have succeeded in proving beyond every reasonable doubts how judgmental you are.

How do you know she was still married to Mr Harvey as at the time of the BBA show? the said husband only made the marriage public AFTER she died, did you read the interview with him? Let me help you out if you didn't, he said the whole thing with Prezzo was for publicity sake and if he, the supposed husband saw no wrong with what his wife did, who are you to judge her as immoral for it?

The lady isn't even here to defend herself and you are seated on your high moral horse condemning her because of what you think a married woman shouldn't do, I'm just so shocked at the hypocrisy of your post and this thread at large.

babe, pictures dont lie and it is such a pity that you try as much as possible to distort the truth....

go read the interview here

http://lindaikeji..dk/2013/02/goldies-husband-andrew-harvey-opens-up.html
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

I bet you felt you have talked sense now?

Right?

So on what grounds would you argue people should not be able to walk na'ked on the streets if they choose?

What would be your srgument if a colleague wants to come to school/work buttnaked?

Tell me.

If the law allows them to walk na5ed so be it! As long as what people do us not illegal no one have the right to judge them on morality grounds.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Engen(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
I read alot of comment on this thread...If this is the way most Nigerians think...I can bet no future...very very sick people with their blind faith...So because Goldie don't live to your own standards she is evil. or because u dnt like KIm K. d whole nation in short is going to hell...ok ooo

3 Likes

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Emmyk(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
I love this part... "The problem with giving honour to
people who did dishonourable acts is that
people will definitely emulate them."
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by yuzedo: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
nitlad:
Disastrously tragic!

You are a crotch-stain!!!!!!
Oh f(u)ck! How can someone call his fellow man a crotch stain?!?! This post is hilarity on hilarity!! grin grin grin grin

vicade: By the way, the Mrs Prosper that got rewarded for being "Pure" for getting married as a virgin is another way the original poster makes a little mess of his opinion.

If I was Governor Orji I would have put her through a lie detector test first:

1. Has she ever done behind based sex ?
2.Has she ever been kissed ?
3.Has she ever been fondled ?
4.Has she ever touched her self ?

You see, if you wanna go down the Moral ladder, we can always go to the deepest level there is.
Lol! cheesy Funny but valid contribution!

OmoEziokwu: Just like someone mentioned earlier, this reminds men that saying that is commonly attributed to Winston Churchil-"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain."

Some people already have conservative tendencies even in their 20s anyway. Goldie was not the worst person in the world but I must say that the poster made some valid points. Let's all focus on the message, this really isn't about anyone in particular.
cool
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Sagamite(m): 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
inufele2:

If the law allows them to walk na5ed so be it! As long as what people do us not illegal no one have the right to judge them on morality grounds.

Do YOU think the law should allow them walk na'ked?
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Sagamite(m): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
omo_to_dun: As some people have said, the article, though thought provoking in some sense, is riddled with bias and self-righteousness. Personally, I see absolutely no problem with the way things are in my community. No one forced me to click on any of Goldie's thread. I chose to. I was raised to take responsibility for my actions and not to blame others for my mistakes. "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." So if your child is learning from a celebrity---and not you---then you are a failure. Stop blaming celebrities. No one is forcing you to do anything.

I don't expect the blame game to change. It is what Nigerians do best. We still blame the white man for the state of our country, till this day.

I have to go bed!

https://www.nairaland.com/1143603/10-things-never-say-child/2#13569242
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

So damn right!

Many things I see in the modern society contributes to my lack of desire of bringing a kid to this world.

You can go buttnaked and have sex infront of the world and become a superstar millionaire, you campaign/innovate/volunteer and make lives of millions better, you merely get a transient acknowledgement at best.

Secondly, intellect has been relegated to fall behind sex in the modern world.
Church. Thread closed.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by sinie: 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
@ op ; though you might have a salient point I think your write up is filled with bias and cynicism. Everyday we see our society disintegrate morally and we helplessly watch our young ones become less and less modest. But that doesn't mean Goldie harvey's fans should not mourn her. And although one might not be impressed with the kind of life she lived that doesn't mean she did not play her role in the nigerian entertainment industry. If only for that she should be commended. Again Nigerians should be able to distinguish between real life and nollywood. So she had an image she wanted to portray, its all part of an act. I think you are been harsh to think she must have live an immoral life. Even her husband gave a statement saying all this was for publicity, so why are u so bitter. I have found that nigerians are always so quick to judge and sometimes very un forgiven. No matter how she lived her life she was a young artist who died suddenly. I believe its tragic and she should be mourned by those who loved her. Personally am nt sure ave heard any of her music or even watched her on that show nor am I saying the people of Ekiti state should Immortalise her, but come on people give our entertainers a break. But I really think you can make your point about the decay in the morals without bashing on the poor dead girl. And what was that comment about the gangster in the white house? I just don't want to believe it who I think you are referring to cos then that will be Soooooo wrong...
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

Do YOU think the law should allow them walk na'ked?

What I think does not matter afterall we cannot all agree with all the laws in place. It is up to the legislators to make laws and since we elected them whatever laws they make have to be obeyed.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
omo_to_dun: @free2ryhme

But why the thing come dey pain you na. The husband sef talk say everything na show.

how e go pain me bros... loool the piece points to the obscenity that we celebrate as entertainment
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by darlingtonNYIG(m): 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
this was a write up on sahara reporters, it was not written by free2ryhme. I just love the write up it really highlights the indecency that modernity is trying to make look attractive for emulation
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Sagamite(m): 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
inufele2:
What I think does not matter afterall we cannot all agree with all the laws in place. It is up to the legislators to make laws and since we elected them whatever laws they make have to be obeyed.

You don't have an opinion of what your legislators (your elected representatives) should set as law for your society?

And people like you have a right to vote?
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by solasalako(m): 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
funkydot: @Op
What is all dis sanctimonious nonsense you have just penned that all your ilk here are celebrating?!!! People like you make me sick because you just take a look at someone and condemn then from your high viewing pedestal based on media representation wtf! Just because Goldie lived part of her life in the face of the public being an entertainer doesn't mean she can be trashed for whatever we deduce from her so-called lifestyle forgetting that most of our generalisation about these so-called celebrities are mostly based on assumptions and half-truths. Besides the fact that we found out Goldie was married after her death as well as her celebrated relationship with Prezzo, there doesn't seem to be any other scandal associated with her...now if you would be reasonable and agree with me that in between her so-called 'secret marriage' and dalliance with Prezzo there are a lot of grey areas that we do not understand and perhaps may never know nor is this really any business of ours.In view of the fact that the main man (i.e. her hubby) who should have felt slighted or wronged by this 'adultery' kept praising her really makes me wonder what exactly all this hullabaloo is all about! I believe each and everyone of us should examine ourselves to see if indeed we are living exemplary lives before this castigation of Goldie. For the records, I had no intention of holding brief for her because I could barely stick her while she was alive, perhaps I even said some mean words about her during the BBA episode because she came across as a needy and clingy lady not particularly my type of role model because I mostly admire strong women but this whole ish on her death and lifestyle is just totally pitiful so please let's put some sensibilities into our comments remembering she has loved ones that will be grieving her early demise. Just my 2 cents.

The fact is that Christ came for the lost soul.................... But Funky dot..............u need a psychiatrist to examine you............Pray that your daugther turns out like GOLDY ARVY.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by freecocoa(f): 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

babe, pictures dont lie and it is such a pity that you try as much as possible to distort the truth....

go read the interview here

http://lindaikeji..dk/2013/02/goldies-husband-andrew-harvey-opens-up.html
Some pictures do lie mister, ever heard of photoshop?
I do know that those wedding pictures are real, what I asked is, how are you sure she was still married to Mr Harvey as at the time of BBA?

What truth am I distorting? The man(her supposed husband) said everything was for publicity so why are you trying to say she committed adultery when the man who should worry more isn't bothered? I honestly don't know what your problem with someone's private life is, hian o.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by fubbyy(m): 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
Poster ,you are on point but 1st thing you must know is that death makes one bigger and brighter in people's eyes, when som1 drop death we forget about their bad ways and focus on their good deeds

You should've used 2pac in replacement of that dr dre's instance because pac actually officialized this gangster thing to the world
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by xpizzy(m): 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
escottkr8t: I was in agreement with you till about half way through your rant, then I start getting the extent of your religious bigotry and extremist views and I say to you that your type are also part of the problems plaguing the world and Nigeria. So do remove the beam from your eye before worrying about the spec in another mans eyes. We all need to better ourselves and our minds. Goodluck to you on this journey called life!

You are Spot on ! Truth in it's barest unclothedness
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

You don't have an opinion of what your legislators (your elected representatives) should set as law for your society?

And people like you have a right to vote?

May be self righteous people like you should not be allowed to vote!
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Bamsdayo(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
Chanchit: @Op thats the way the game is now being played. The world is now crazy, n I think its just better to just go crazy with it. As for me I'M CRAZY..! grin
are you sure?.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by stupor(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
The word !

The truth between evil and of good is always locked in between.
God is the truth,check yourself before you wreck yourself !

Finitio ! Bravo !

RIP dear !
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
Hello great "elites" of nairaland. From reading the above theory of how and how not to live and observing the way and manner which most of you made your comments, it is not far fetch that the goal /theme here is "trying to make the world a better place". Its a welcome idea, i mean we live in a world where most people are so free that they forget to act upon the disciplined protocols in which our fore-fathers instilled on our society in other to maintain sanity. But the fact remains that, we have billions of people living in our planet, and you trying to control the singular actions of individuals is nothing but a "ghost chace". People want everything/everyone to act perfectly but they forget that in a world that is still developing and with the amount of people living in it there is bound to be chaos. Obviously the writer must be a christian individual, am sure his definition of discipline is believing in God" and obeying the ten commandments like his bible tells him. Its sad that people often fantasize of a perfect world and they do not accept the reality of complications. People will always do those things that makes them happy, its the only way to finding true satisfaction. You cannot create a law/principle and ask billions of people to do the same thing just because you believe that would bring stability to the world. People should be able to make their own choices as long as it doesnt trample on the comfort of another individual. Society would try to dictate to you how to live your life but the question is who set these rules? It is you and me. We make these rules to satisfy our own selfish desires. We bask at the power confined in us either by the government our by religious organizations, exploiting on the ignorance of the majority to satisfy our own agendas. No one should be told how to live their lives or judged. The best we can do is give them options and tell them out opinions on issues and let everyone be the judge of their own individual actions. As regarding goldie, my guess is she lived the kinda life that she felt made her more happy and comfortable and it is in no ones jurisdiction to come here and judged her, let her be the judge of her actions wherever she is. R.i.p. goldie, till we meet in the unknown my sister.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by madeinnigeria: 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
nitlad:
Disastrously tragic!

You are a crotch-stain!!!!!!
MR NOBODY i dont know you o...nd go learn some manners plss.
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Sagamite(m): 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
inufele2:

May be self righteous people like you should not be allowed to vote!

I asked you a question. Answer:

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

I asked you a question. Answer:

Are you satisfied by every law that govern you where you currently reside? ( Including the gay marriage) Answer the question truthfully, and if you don't what can you frigging do about it?
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by rubi96(f): 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
[/color]so finally this made front page Thank God grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000]
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by ooua: 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
@op, Who are we to judge? You sound so religious but remember what our Lord Jesus said to the people who brought the adulterous woman to him - let him without sin cast the first stone. We take it that you are the one without sin? Remember this young lady has got family members, how do you want them to feel after reading this your so called article? We are waiting for your apology please.

1 Like

Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by free2ryhme: 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
darlington NYIG: this was a write up on sahara reporters, it was not written by free2ryhme. I just love the write up it really highlights the indecency that modernity is trying to make look attractive for emulation

mädam jump jump did i tell you i wrote the piece ... re-read again ooo
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by deols(f): 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
I cant see a post like this and just move on. well done Op. This is a good one
Re: Lest We Immortalize Nuisance …the “goldie” Situation. by bobby56(m): 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
funkydot: @Op
What is all dis sanctimonious nonsense you have just penned that all your ilk here are celebrating?!!! People like you make me sick because you just take a look at someone and condemn then from your high viewing pedestal based on media representation wtf! Just because Goldie lived part of her life in the face of the public being an entertainer doesn't mean she can be trashed for whatever we deduce from her so-called lifestyle forgetting that most of our generalisation about these so-called celebrities are mostly based on assumptions and half-truths. Besides the fact that we found out Goldie was married after her death as well as her celebrated relationship with Prezzo, there doesn't seem to be any other scandal associated with her...now if you would be reasonable and agree with me that in between her so-called 'secret marriage' and dalliance with Prezzo there are a lot of grey areas that we do not understand and perhaps may never know nor is this really any business of ours.In view of the fact that the main man (i.e. her hubby) who should have felt slighted or wronged by this 'adultery' kept praising her really makes me wonder what exactly all this hullabaloo is all about! I believe each and everyone of us should examine ourselves to see if indeed we are living exemplary lives before this castigation of Goldie. For the records, I had no intention of holding brief for her because I could barely stick her while she was alive, perhaps I even said some mean words about her during the BBA episode because she came across as a needy and clingy lady not particularly my type of role model because I mostly admire strong women but this whole ish on her death and lifestyle is just totally pitiful so please let's put some sensibilities into our comments remembering she has loved ones that will be grieving her early demise. Just my 2 cents.
MAY THE GOD OF SANCTITY AND RIGHTEOUS LIVING SMITE YOU DEAD! PROMOTER OF EVIL! DEVIL INCARNATE! GO, LET THE FAMILY GIVE YOU OF HER WEALTH!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lorena Rojas ("Isabel Aroyo De Donoso") Dies At 44! / TY Bello Celebrates Her 40th Birthday. Stuns On The Cover Of ThisDay Style / List Of Nollywood Actors That Can Play The Role Of Tchalla In The Black Panther

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.