Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,464 members, 7,840,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Hurt Once Back Again And So Far Away - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hurt Once Back Again And So Far Away (1505 Views)

Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? / Why Is It That U Miss You Girlfriend So Much When She Is Far Away From You ? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurt Once Back Again And So Far Away by cassernest: 9:55pm On May 03, 2006
I have recently got back into a relationship with my kids father, but he lives 8 hours away from me. there are times when i feel like he really cares about me and wants this as much as i do and then there are times i feel like he feels he has made a bad choice. my life without for 2 years was missrable and meaningless he gives me reason to smile. but i am so scared that he is going to hurt me again that i find myself questioning his motive or asking him over and over if hes happy. i dont want to push him away. what should i do to calm down
Re: Hurt Once Back Again And So Far Away by Rhodalyn(f): 10:14pm On May 03, 2006
do what your heart tells you to do but make sure it's also what will make you happy kiss
Re: Hurt Once Back Again And So Far Away by kellygirl(f): 11:51am On May 05, 2006
u are right rodalyn,do wat ur heart tells u,and at the end u will be as happy as ever.
Re: Hurt Once Back Again And So Far Away by chinani(f): 8:11pm On May 07, 2006
Maybe y'all should move (live) closer together. It sounds like there are alot of unresolved issues, perhaps trust related. Be explicit. Instead of saying "are you happy" which is vague, redundant and construed as nagging by men ask "Is there anything special I can do for you?" I know it sounds sappy but I think men'll appreciate it. Or say "I'd like it if. . .". If you are just feeing insecure say "Sometimes I worry b/c I want to be with you but. . ." The trick to this type of statement is to talk about yourself & not him so he doesn't feel negative and overwhelmed. For example "but the relationship didn't work out last time and I had a hard time w/t he kids by myself". They way he responds will guide you. For instance if he says "What was hard (what was wrong)?" You can express more fears/concerns but if he says "Yes, you need me" then, er, yes, well, take it from there. . .say "I need HELP w/ YOUR children" wink

Now, this "children's father" biz. . .is it possible you want more from the relationship? A marriage? Or are you two divorced? Ask yourself & you'll know. Seek and ye shall find. wink Also are Nigerian? Is he? This will change the construct of the conversation and relationship if the answer is "no".

For me, pilates, basic yoga moves, running (while listening to music) and listening/dancing to music helps ease & forget my anxieties. Best wishes. kiss
Re: Hurt Once Back Again And So Far Away by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2011
:p :p
Re: Hurt Once Back Again And So Far Away by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2011
8 hours is a long way. Are you really sure you can handle the stress

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice / Whats The Craziest Thing U Have Ever Done? / Help:would You Advice I Give All My Email's Passwords To My Wife!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.