Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,842 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:12 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53959 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 5:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
PointB:

I will recheck your nominations and update it accordingly in the next update. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Site na mkpuru ha, ka-aga a mata ha. I jiri la onu gi gwa ndi uwa omaricha agwa ole na ole nwa amadi a nwere. O bu Mmadu nwechaa nkwa, o na-akwa aka n'afo? Gini ka anyi na-achozi? Biafra Rep ka anyi ga-eso!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Kindly note the latest update. I hope this will address some concerns. Kindly alert me is I miss a nomination.

Name Nominations
Onlytruth - 14
Okija_juju - 7
Alex101 - 6
Manny4life - 6
Biafra_rep - 4
KittyKings - 2
Obiagu1 - 1
Slimghost - 1
CFCfan - 1
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alex101(m): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
achi4u: @syncan

Kedu onye I na-aju ma "O sere wii wii?gringringrin
nna iga egbu madu ebe acheesy

Again I nominate alex101 but why is he not contributing to the discussions so far,is it how he's to rule us?
Again am questioning this character not minding what his manifestos says.He need to show face and contribute.

Dalu wanna. Ana ma eso threadia. I follow this thread when I'm not too busy and I do that VERY closely.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
PointB: Kindly note the latest update. I hope this will address some concerns. Kindly alert me is I miss a nomination.

Name Nominations
Onlytruth - 14
Okija_juju - 7
Alex101 - 6
Manny4life - 6
Biafra_rep - 4
KittyKings - 2
Obiagu1 - 1
Slimghost - 1
CFCfan - 1

PointB thanks for correcting Biafra rep nomination counts, was about to correct it.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

PointB thanks for correcting Biafra rep nomination counts, was about to correct it.

You are welcome
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alex101(m): 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
I will advise the electoral committee and umu Igbo to be weary of impostors posing as Igbo. I will also like to see more folks offering themselves for service to Ndigbo too. I know we're all busy, but the sacrifice will worth it. I learnt the true meaning sacrifice when I saw the movie "Lord of the ring" (fellowship of the ring). It gets to a time when you can ask no more of a person that has done so much for you, even to the point risking his/her life for a cause. You just have to know when to step in, even when it's inconvinient/risky for you. Again, I will limit my postings on this thread and increase my "observership". Dalu nu ummunem.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Demdem(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
berem: is it our Eze elect you call a madman? how dare you? ara ga agbakwa ndi ara!

Abegii leave tori, onlylies na wash.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
alex101: I will advise the electoral committee and umu Igbo to be weary of impostors posing as Igbo. I will also like to see more folks offering themselves for service to Ndigbo too. I know we're all busy, but the sacrifice will worth it. I learnt the true meaning sacrifice when I saw the movie "Lord of the ring" (fellowship of the ring). It gets to a time when you can ask no more of a person that has done so much for you, even to the point risking his/her life for a cause. You just have to know when to step in, even when it's inconvinient/risky for you. Again, I will limit my postings on this thread and increase my "observership". Dalu nu ummunem.

^^^^^

Alex101'

The concern I've with you is availability, how visible would you be ( time of response ) when you are needed most?

Is your time of response and visibility that gave me the earlier impression that you are planted.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
The electoral body :

I'm in support that Onlytruth and Orusi Okija should be dropped as eligible contestants.

Update the house on the number of persons in support for both to be dropped.

I think we need 1/3 of their nomination, is it?

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
As a biafranist, i nominate my fellow biafranists, Alex101 and Manny4life.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
saintohia: The electoral body :

I'm in support that Onlytruth and Orusi Okija should be dropped as eligible contestants.

Update the house on the number of persons in support for both to be dropped.

I think we need 1/3 of their nomination, is it?

I think we have duly dealt with this matter. You must state a reason you want them dropped, and such reason(s) must be grounded in the constitution; otherwise it will wont hold.

So far none of the objection has been supported with tangible reason or link.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: As a biafranist, i nominate my fellow biafranists, Alex101 and Manny4life.

enyi, o di ka i tinyeturu obere ntu ocha n'imi,kedu ka i siri hapu isi mkpisi aka were na-agba uriom? kedu ka i siri akpo umu biafra bia hapu okpara obi "biafra Rep". Na agbanyeghi n'ihe ekwuru bu otu onye, i noro n'elu ya na-akpo aha mmadu abuo, i makwa na a kagbuola akwukwo mbinye aka gi a? N'ezie i ga-aga choo garri e tinyere mmiri oyi nuo ka a mara ma o ga adaju.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
alex101: I will advise the electoral committee and umu Igbo to be weary of impostors posing as Igbo. I will also like to see more folks offering themselves for service to Ndigbo too. I know we're all busy, but the sacrifice will worth it. I learnt the true meaning sacrifice when I saw the movie "Lord of the ring" (fellowship of the ring). It gets to a time when you can ask no more of a person that has done so much for you, even to the point risking his/her life for a cause. You just have to know when to step in, even when it's inconvinient/risky for you. Again, I will limit my postings on this thread and increase my "observership". Dalu nu ummunem.

We also urge you not to hesitate to point out such impostors, especially if they try to manipulate the process by nominating.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Odi m ka otutu ndi si na ha choro Onlytruth bu ndi azuruazu.

Nke ozo bu aga adi nma ka enye ndi ozo ohere marakwanu otu ochichi Eze ha ga adi.

Banyere Orusi Okija,

Anyi choro Eze omome ya, agwa ya, na otu oga esi na eme ihenile ga egosi na eziokwu na onyea bu Eze Ndi Igbo NL.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
Syncan:

Site na mkpuru ha, ka-aga a mata ha. I jiri la onu gi gwa ndi uwa omaricha agwa ole na ole nwa amadi a nwere. O bu Mmadu nwechaa nkwa, o na-akwa aka n'afo? Gini ka anyi na-achozi? Biafra Rep ka anyi ga-eso!

Biafra Rep!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Abagworo(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
alex101: I strongly believe that you are a coward. You are always all suped up when attacking anything Igbo, but when it comes to non-Igbo, you chicken out like a typical efulefu. Though your reason for creating division amongst Igbo is due to your inferirity complex. Let me ask you a question, if the EZE Ndigbo won't work or will be a failure, why border yourself? Why don't you wait and when it "fails" again, then you can come and make fun of us?

I can't make fun of myself because I'm Igbo. As far as this Nairaland is concerned I am a strong defender of Igbo. Dig the archives and look it up. I am also a strong believer of Igbo identity. The issue I have is people trying to create false impression or re-write a tradition which I am very much aware of and in that process brain-washing our future generation. At no time in history did we have a powerful Igbo empire reigned by Ezeigbo the great of Igboland. We've always survived through dialogue in which everyone's voice is heard. There. Is the council of elders, the staff holders(Ojiofor) and Oparalis(the 1st sons of the various clans) who represent each clan in the meetings and also report the conclusions to their respective homes. Some people had kings but it was on village level like Onitsha, Aro, Oguta, Aboh and Abiriba. None of their Kings was ever regarded in other parts of Igboland apart from their village group.

Just like Okonkwo said "things have fallen apart".
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by isalegan2: 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ivynwa:

Odeka, Nwa ada a dere ka onye nwere Igbo A1 and for somebody that isn't Igbo if she isn't----that is real nice.

[size=14pt]Kingmakers like Isale-Igan too (Where is she?). Lol[/size]
I like Politics thingz too with a real heart to serve and make life better for the masses.
Abeg make i matriculate join the kingmakers's club biko.
Hey! so who are the kingmakers supporting ( grin just kidding there), I no come get time now read all the posts to know who and who are contesting but will return to do that.

All in all, if this kingship has to be done here then anyi ekwesihi ime ihe aga eji chia anyi ochi bikonu, o bu ya kpatara m jiri chee na omakariri ime ihe kingship ndi Igbo a ebe ozo.
Ivynwa kneels on one knee and says--- Ndi be anyi ana m ekene o.

Ani, My sistaaaaaaaaaaa smiley smiley cheesy cheesy

I cannot nominate o. It's in the rulebook. tongue I'm cool with that.

https://www.nairaland.com/1169506/second-eze-ndi-igbo-parliamentary/21#14432386

You missed plenty on the other thread. Probably a good thing you weren't there - things deteriorated pretty quickly. SMH.

https://www.nairaland.com/1169506/second-eze-ndi-igbo-parliamentary/13#14415267
https://www.nairaland.com/1169506/second-eze-ndi-igbo-parliamentary/20#14431251

The Commish better stay on his toes. This Nomination-followed-by-Voting long drawn out process gives his and serious contenders' detractors a great opportunity to get in their candidates thru the back door. . . No be me talk am sha. lipsrsealed

BTW, how've you been getting on? Good? We thank God. smiley
Have you decided on who to nominate? wink

I didn't wish to derail; just posting to respond to Da Ivy. grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
Step2002:

Biafra Rep!

Nwanne daalu, nnoo rinne. O di mma ka anyi soro onye mara uzo, ndi na amaghi uzo ga-eduba anyi ohia.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ngwakwe: 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
What is your point? Do you know that these Diaspora Ezeigbos have been of immense help to the survival of estranged and troubled Umuigbo in the foreign Lands?

Keep your outdated Village Setting System (VSS) of Government to yourself. Tell South East States to abolish LGA Chairmen in favour of your VSS

Abagworo:

I can't make fun of myself because I'm Igbo. As far as this Nairaland is concerned I am a strong defender of Igbo. Dig the archives and look it up. I am also a strong believer of Igbo identity. The issue I have is people trying to create false impression or re-write a tradition which I am very much aware of and in that process brain-washing our future generation. At no time in history did we have a powerful Igbo empire reigned by Ezeigbo the great of Igboland. We've always survived through dialogue in which everyone's voice is heard. There. Is the council of elders, the staff holders(Ojiofor) and Oparalis(the 1st sons of the various clans) who represent each clan in the meetings and also report the conclusions to their respective homes. Some people had kings but it was on village level like Onitsha, Aro, Oguta, Aboh and Abiriba. None of their Kings was ever regarded in other parts of Igboland apart from their village group.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Dede1(m): 7:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
Abagworo:

The problem I have with people such as you is lack of commitment to the sustenance of Igbo culture and tradition while dwelling on irresponsible criticisms. Do you want us to engage in rigorous ritualism of staff holders (Ojiofor) and council of elders? The combination of these groups consisted of restrictive and esteemed society of men of title holders such Ozo. I can bet you are not schooled in the nuances of such dying and exclusive society of men.

This is Internet and some of us are privileged members of today’s form of royal family in Igbo land. Does such position add any significance to one’s style of living? I say absolutely no or yes depending on the community. Would the idea of Eze Ndigbo of Nairaland translate into modern era of royalty in Igbo land? I guess the answer is no.

I thought you would have taken your quotation of “Just like Okonkwo said "things have fallen apart" to Governor Rochas Okorocha and tell him to butt out from meddling in Ezeship in Imo State because Ndigbo believed in congregation of staff holders (Ojiofor), council of elders and first sons.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Okijajuju1(m): 7:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
berem: Even if you become the next Eze,that won't stop me from lashing out at you if you dare insult my Governor.So you better watch your back! angry

Nwayi Kwesili Eze, I look forward to having you as my biggest opposition.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Nwanne onye Eze, e kenee m gi, Ihe i kwuru di mma, o bu uche gi ka i kwuru. N'ezie igbo na-enwe ndi ichie, ma na o nwere onye na-abu onu na ekwuru ha. Ike di na awaja na awaja, ya mere obi nile na obodo nile ji e nwe onye ji Ofo. O bukwanu onye ahu ka anyi na acho i roputa n'onodu anyi nkea,O kwa ndi oyibo e meela anyi nile no na ogbako a di ka otu obodo. O bu obodo anyi a bu Nairaland Igbos ka anyi choro iroputa onye ga-ejidere anyi Ofo. A hughi m ihe di njo na ya nwanne mmadu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Okijajuju1(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
saintohia: Odi m ka otutu ndi si na ha choro Onlytruth bu ndi azuruazu.

Nke ozo bu aga adi nma ka enye ndi ozo ohere marakwanu otu ochichi Eze ha ga adi.

Banyere Orusi Okija,

Anyi choro Eze omome ya, agwa ya, na otu oga esi na eme ihenile ga egosi na eziokwu na onyea bu Eze Ndi Igbo NL.

9ja I hail

I hand this guys objection to you. What exactly is he saying please!?

Anyways, I leave this one to you. It is obvious that they have no sound reasonable objection to my candidacy other than cheap asiri.

I remain the Eze Mmuo 1 of nairaland and I am still in the running for the position of Eze Ndi Igbo 3 of Nairaland.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dede1:

This is Internet and some of us are privileged members of today’s form of royal family in Igbo land. Does such position add any significance to one’s style of living? I say absolutely no or yes depending on the community. Would the idea of Eze Ndigbo of Nairaland translate into modern era of royalty in Igbo land? I guess the answer is no.

Sir, as much as I respect you and your post can be mean sometimes , but I really respect your words of wisdom. I think the bold part is what a lot of NAY Sayers misconstrue for reality. This virtual sorta of leadership is practically non-existent and doesn't in any way represent the true reality of facts of our people. You have indeed struck the crux point of all the nay followers. For many, this is a learning experience, a challenge, a way to understand how things are viewed and for some, it's a pedestal for criticism, either way, we welcome them.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Nwayi Kwesili Eze, I look forward to having you as my biggest opposition.

Hia Hia, Alusi okija, O bu nwata nwanyi ka gi na ya ga-esi ngo? e kenekwaa m gi. Onye kpara nku aruru sikwara ngwere biara ya oriri.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

9ja I hail

Anyways, I leave this one to you. It is obvious that they have no sound reasonable objection to my candidacy other than cheap asiri.

I remain the Eze Mmuo 1 of nairaland and I am still in the running for the position of Eze Ndi Igbo 3 of Nairaland.

^^^^^^^

Eze Mmuo,

Promise me that if you're elected, that you would restructure your style of response to issues.

Sound serious when you need to without insulting people.

Joke less

Understand that you are no more only Eze Mmuo, it would Eze Mmuo + Eze Ndi Igbo NL

Deal ?

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by EzePromoe: 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Eze pronto, ibu onye iberibe, j were aka oru. e na cho onye ge yegi oru, iwere onu oma nayo.

Ngwa je ficha uno. Onukwu nwa boy!
I forgive you but learn how to address Eze Ogugua smiley
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

9ja I hail

^^^^^^^

Eze Mmuo,

Promise me that if you're elected, that you would restructure your style of response to issues.

Joke less

Understand that you are no more only Eze Mmuo, it would Eze Mmuo + Eze Ndi Igbo NL

Deal ?

Else...

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 7:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
saintohia:

^^^^^^^

Eze Mmuo,

Joke less

Deal ?

Bia,John onye mmiri chukwu(Saint ohia), gi na alusi na-eme deal o kwa ya? Anya ka m na-ele
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

9ja I hail

Well, i think this topic has been dealt with and everyone knows what the constitution says.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
SMH
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ACM10: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
I nominate Biafra-rep! He is one of the few articulate, polished, strong and committed Igbo defenders on this forum. He is equally pragmatic. I must confess that I admire him.

Other nominees like Manny4life, Alex101, Onlytruth, etc deserves to be there. Manny4life is my second choice. He escaped being my first choice by whiskers. His decorum on this forum is worthy of emulation. He does not lose his cool in the face of provocation. His unique evidence-based approach to debates is what I expect of Igbo posters here. However, he is a candidate for the future. I would want him to be the next Eze after this tenure.

Fastforward to Biafra-rep. There is something about him that makes him the most suitable candidate for this post we should consider him seriously. Once again, I nominate Biafra-rep.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (59) (Reply)

ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum / Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / Reverend Mbaka Blasts Atiku, Calls Him Bureau De Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.