Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,326 members, 7,864,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:44 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53979 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by achi4u(m): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
romeo: EzeNdigbo Online? Ndi ime Obodo... very soon you all will start buying land in Nairaland, building on them too. Even EzeNdigbo na prison must be existing somewhere!!
Guy ife imaro kariri gi.

Oya fepugrin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: @Point B nwanne, i still want all dis moderators sacked. grin

My dear,
I can't 'sack' any of those Electoral Team, it is not the right thing to do. The task at hand is huge, and they are doing very good job. As a matter of fact more hands are needed.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Noiseless2: 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Even malam nsasir hell rufire can type far more words in Igbo and can mention more towns and villages in Igboland, when he shows up on here as Ndu_chucks.
Okija_juju:

[b]Nna men!! Nka di kwa egwu!!

So let me ask how you have defended Ndi Igbo biko nu!? So because I don't share popular sentiments on Biafra, Late Odimegwu, Okorocha and Massob makes me a non-Igbo defender. If so, then that shows that you have a one track mind. To every issue, there alwasy is more than one way of looking at it. Like I informed Dede1, majority opinion does not necessarily translate to the best opinion. In Igboland, we don't have a herd mentality. Every man has a voice and is free to air them.

My ethinicity!! Hmm! I will have to be cautious in my reponse here lest I make some inflammatory statements. I am from Agukwu Nri in Anaocha LGA of Anambra State. Go and ask your grandparents about Agukwu Nri. That is the ancestral home of Ndi Igbo nine no na uwa a. In terms of linage, it doesn't get any closer than that. Ask Nri Priest.

I have been at the forefront of the fight to stop the malicious assalut on Ndi igbos on Nairaland and have several bans to prove it. That mu na my Nwannes have fights on matters affecting us does not means I am not igbo.

Anyways, I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone, as far as Nairaland is concerned, everyone is only as good as who they say they are. You feel I am not Igbo, I also feel that ibu onye Yoruba, and I say this based on your one track mindedness which I feel is very unbecoming of a pure blooded Igbo man. Sue me!

I am Okija Juju, the Eze Mmuo 1 of Nairaland. And I am running for the position of Eze Ndi igbo Gburugburu 3 of Nairaland. Deal with it!

Thanks![/b]

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by neheoteteli: 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
What is happening here............. new and a bit confused.

online Eze ? and all these insults ?

how much is at stake here ? i nor mind nominate myself oooo

undecided

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
Noiseless2: I object to OKIJA JUJU'S nomination.

Kindly state the reason(s), in line with nomination rules.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
PointB:

My dear,
I can't 'sack' any of those Electoral Team, it is not the right thing to do. The task at hand is huge, and they are doing very good job. As a matter of fact more hands are needed.

In all honesty and sincerity, I offered my services twice yesterday but you did not say anything... I'm volunteering to help if it makes any difference.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ifyalways(f): 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
romeo: EzeNdigbo Online? Ndi ime Obodo... very soon you all will start buying land in Nairaland, building on them too. Even EzeNdigbo na prison must be existing somewhere!!
Mu che che cheesy cheesy cheesy
Be nice now,Romeo cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
ndu_chucks: @PointB and 9ja_I_hail. I observed that certain people are objecting to the nomination of legitimate candidates and you guys are implying that you may look into their objections. Well, inasmuch as those Candidates are Igbo and have met all the criteria in the "constitution", don't waste your time on objections raised by dullards like Noiselessbrainless.

Let these people show their objections by not voting for Okija or Onlytruth if they so wish. Its time to get the voting process going.

I also nominate olodo, Onlytruth.

Dalu o.

It is simply not a matter of allowing candidates to contest. If the objections are in line with the Nomination Rules, we certainly will look into them. Candidate who breach aspect of the rules may have to pay a price for such infraction.

I regret to inform you that your nomination will be queued pending the time we ascertain your ethnicity.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

In all honesty and sincerity, I offered my services twice yesterday but you did not say anything... I'm volunteering to help if it makes any difference.

So sorry, perhaps I didn't notice the offer. However, now that you are one of the top runner, we may not be able to co-opt you into the Electoral Committee. But you have indeed helped in keeping the thread decent. I couldn't ask for more. Thanks for the offer.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
One_Naira:

Mscheww change this route and make Eze ndi-Igbo for both sexes. Eze ndi Igbo means ruler of all Igbo no be so while the Eze nwanyi is his counterpart that usually have the grounds to rule just the women right or am I mistaking? Change this ooo. Let babymama run for eze ndi igbo. Onlytruth or alex, he caught my interest, are great people but I still want Babymama. Why can't she run?

My brother, this is not the time to change the rules. We are in the middle of a game. Perhaps the next administration may conduct another review of the constitution. But for now lets deal with the cards dished.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
FreeGlobe:
what do you mean no candidate has been strongly opposed. I have followed @PointB's response to my objections to a nominee respectfully because of the way he replied but your statement that no candidate has been strongly opposed is plain stupiiiid. Are you blind? How am I sure you are not aiming to favor onlytruth. My objections and that of @promeo are not strong enough or because they are not in line with your aspirations? Kindly resign from your position please, you are too biased to be an umpire. And Alex has gotten more than 5 nominations brother Maurice Iwu.

Take it easy bros. 9ja_I_hail is correct to suggest that the appeal for disqualification was not built on solid reason. I was wrong to have suggested he (9ja_I_hail) listens to your appeal after my initial comment. I owe him an apology.

That said, I think if you can show your reason base on the constitution, we may be able to listen to you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
Here is the updated list.

Name Nominations
Onlytruth - 14
Okija_juju - 7
Alex101 - 6
Manny4life - 5
KittyKings - 2
Obiagu1 - 1
Slimghost - 1
Biafra_rep - 2
CFCfan - 1

Please let's make more nominations. The nominations session will run through the weekend and end by 900 GMT on Monday 25th.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
Let me also add that as per our Constitution, only top three nominees will be polled subject to any or all petition against their candidacy or nomination.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
PointB:

So sorry, perhaps I didn't notice the offer. However, now that you are one of the top runner, we may not be able to co-opt you into the Electoral Committee. But you have indeed helped in keeping the thread decent. I couldn't ask for more. Thanks for the offer.

It's all good... I know where this is leading, perhaps I may be able to help afterwards.

Thank you
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
After so much thoughts...

I will have to offer up my nominations to okija juju.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

It's all good... I know where this is leading, perhaps I may be able to help afterwards.

Thank you

I sincerely hope so, for the good of all of us. You are welcome.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Biafrarep(m): 4:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Syncan:

O putara n'inaghi aguta igbo ka o bu gini? Biafra rep, obiagu1 na mmunwa bu nwa Maazi syncan a di ole? Gini ka i ji ka si na obu mmadu abuo tunyere nwa biafra, biko kpachara anya gi o, echefukawna na wuru wuru bata ebe a, na ogbunigwe ga eteta n'ula. Biko chokwa akpuru achia wee saa anya n'oge ugbua. O kwa maka ndi uta.
Chukwu gozie gi Mazi Synca, Biko unu lezie anya nke oma di ka ana agbako nmadu ole ndi bianyere aka. This election is not a do or die affair but it must be devoid of foul play! I have faith in PointB to be free and fair to all contestants, nontheless I would not hesitate to head to the tribunal if he turns out to be another Maurice Iwu and indulge in magomago and Iwuruwuru, SAY YES TO FREE AND FAIR POLL!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Even the bible has said it in the book of Isiah 54: 15 that 'they shall surely gather.....'. Onye ilo'm. What have I ever done to you that warrants such dislike from all of you. Even Berem with whom I have had some small petty clashes with hasn't opposed my candidacy.

Anyways, your objections counts for nothing. I shall surely overcome.

Umu Igbo Ndewo nu o!

Oganiru Anambra.

Proudly Igbo..
Even if you become the next Eze,that won't stop me from lashing out at you if you dare insult my Governor.So you better watch your back! angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
berem: Even if you become the next Eze,that won't stop me from lashing out at you if you dare insult my Governor.So you better watch your back! angry

Madam, haba....relax abeg, he won't insult your governor
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
manny4life:

Madam, haba....relax abeg, he won't insult your governor
and if he does?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by oboy3(m): 4:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
Was my vote counted
,eh?
Pls make sure you count muah oo
biko nu
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
berem: and if he does?

When we get to that road, we'll cross it.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by MrEverest(m): 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
I nominate Biafra rep. He is best candidate for the position
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
achi4u: @syncan

Kedu onye I na-aju ma "O sere wii wii?gringringrin
nna iga egbu madu ebe acheesy

Again I nominate alex101 but why is he not contributing to the discussions so far,is it how he's to rule us?
Again am questioning this character not minding what his manifestos says.He need to show face and contribute.

A gaghi m egbu mmadu, mbakwa o, onye choro inwu nwuoro onwe ya. Ma nke a i na-atunyere nwa amadi a, biakwa n'enyo ya enyo, i nokwa mma? Biko o buru na odoghi gi anya bia ka anyi no koo onu n'ebe a. Ndi m na ekwu maka ha bu ndi na-achi nwanne anyi nwa agukwu ochi na o suru igbo n'ogbako. Ha bu o ji akwa asa ahu mara onwe ha o!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by nduchucks: 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
PointB:

I regret to inform you that your nomination will be queued pending the time we ascertain your ethnicity.

Oga, I'd recommend that you do not introduce undue discrimination and/or bigotry into this process. In as much as you yourself have not proved to us that you are of a certain ethnicity, you have no right to withhold my nomination.

If you are bold, tell ud how anyone's ethnicity was ascertained.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by remarkD(m): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
Please take note of my objection here, right now lol, to the candidacy of Onlytruth. Thanks.

And so i enjoin Ify, Promo and others that preferred Odum to stay, to come out and boldly object to Onlytruths candidacy as well... I havent reviewed where it is in the constitution, but i recall someone stating that a fair amount of objections (a particular percent) can disqualify a candidate; and i stand to be corrected, please.

Before i go on to my nominations, a few random chit-chats....does anyone else find Naija_I_hail a bit weird? like queer? ... i'm not sure what it is... if its his writing style and choice of words or wha... cant put a finger on it, but if one is looking for a square peg or round hole or whatever... he is neither ...

Also enough respect to the poster that held his own when a lday was yanking his chain. A gentleman should have self control and not denigrade women. There were some hidden posts i noticed and not sure if our former Eze (Onlytruth) went down that road with the lady poster (Ify i believe it was).

Okay, now on to my nominations.

I will start by singing a song:

"Manny ka anyi ga eso! Manny ka anyi ga esooo!!
Mao na adi ndu, ma o na-anwu anwu, Manny k'anyi g'eso!!!

Ma o na eche eche, ma o na ala ala,
Manny k'anyi g'eso!!!!
(and no one should ask me to interprete the meaning of the second to last line lol).

I nominate and will vote for Manny because he isthe "middle ground" between the former two occupants of the throne.

For those who said Odum pandered to our brothers west of the Niger... welll, Manny is your man because they do not see him as "friend" as he often challenges them on their insinuations andany lies they try to propagate about Igbos. (Not that Odumchi didnt do that ... even before his tenure, but the point is that ... they dont like him as much as they did Odumchi (and the Ezenwanyi).

Manny knows when to use silence as gold, and bark and attack when detractors need to be put in their place.

Manny is for the unity of Ndi Igbo; i have seen him time and time again (Gee that Janet Jackson song just popped into my head... the '9? song.. Again. Anyways) ... I believe that as an educated young man, he knows the importance of unity amongst brethen... and on the Biafra issue, hear him in his own words on page ... 8? 9? will check... of this thread.

In my plan... if i have the time this weekend and next week... i will see to it that following happens:
- Onlytruth will not contest, by hook or crook.. somehow shaa.
- the to contest will be Alex101, Manny4life and Akija Juju.
- there will be debates amongst them, stating their vision, plan and etc for the group and where they stand on Igbo issues.
- Voting will follow...
- Manny will win.

i say Manny ecause, in my view, he is the most qualified. in the sense that ... by process of elimination, Alex101 seems to have popped out of nowhere just "recently" and as someone stated, what if he is planted. i feel he is planted by Radio Biafra London.. that is cool, but when you remind us 70 x 7 times on one thread to go follow/visit the webiste.. it gets ... too much.
But i have absolutely no doubt he has a passion for our people and their progress.
For Akija, he is ... best an entertainer... imagine Nkem Owoh running for president, i mean... he could have what it takes, but his antecedents ... questionable.

k'a emesia, i will be back. Peace
PointB: Thanks for the update. But l think freeglobe has already made his opposition to OnlyTruth and OkiJa_juju nominations. I think we should note that.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Oga, I'd recommend that you do not introduce undue discrimination and/or bigotry into this process. In as much as you yourself have not proved to us that you are of a certain ethnicity, you have no right to withhold my nomination.

If you are bold, tell ud how anyone's ethnicity was ascertained.

I may not be an expert in determining the ethnicity of many, but yours is clearly not Igbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
Biafra rep: Chukwu gozie gi Mazi Synca, Biko unu lezie anya nke oma di ka ana agbako nmadu ole ndi bianyere aka. This election is not a do or die affair but it must be devoid of foul play! I have faith in PointB to be free and fair to all contestants, nontheless I would not hesitate to head to the tribunal if he turns out to be another Maurice Iwu and indulge in magomago and Iwuruwuru, SAY YES TO FREE AND FAIR POLL!

Odogwu! Dimkpa taa aku ahu ichere ya! Egwu a naghi atu afo o buru uzo! O je na nwayoo! bulu gaba nwanne, onwelor! Ugbua o buzikwa, 1.Biafra rep, 2.Obiagu1,3.Everest na munwa bu 4.Syncan. hapu kene ndi ahu ka m na-ele ha, a mara m ihe i puru ime, a na m eti mmanwu a na-akwa aka? Mba nu. Ebe e sere anyanwu ututu ka anyi ga-ebinye aka!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
@RemarkD,
Your nomination of Manny is noted.

But you are yet to state your reason for objecting Onlytruth's nomination. Please let me reiterate that such reason(s) must be grounded in the constitution; otherwise it will wont hold.

Kindly refer to the constitution in the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/download/956708
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
Biafra rep: Chukwu gozie gi Mazi Synca, Biko unu lezie anya nke oma di ka ana agbako nmadu ole ndi bianyere aka. This election is not a do or die affair but it must be devoid of foul play! I have faith in PointB to be free and fair to all contestants, nontheless I would not hesitate to head to the tribunal if he turns out to be another Maurice Iwu and indulge in magomago and Iwuruwuru, SAY YES TO FREE AND FAIR POLL!

I will recheck your nominations and update it accordingly in the next update. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (59) (Reply)

Arms Deal: Why We’ve Not Invited Jonathan – EFCC Boss / Senator Dino Melaye's Spelling Error: Nigerians React / Bullets, Blood & Death At Lekki Tollgate: Untold Story Of What Happened - PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.