Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,184 members, 7,860,255 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53951 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
manny4life:

Really?

I thought you were conversant with Igbo history...
for where? It was when i got married i started speaking igbo. I hear and write igbo but i don't speak fluently back then .no be my fault na! lagos life don enter my head.thank God am now perfect. So don't be surprised i don't know nada about igbo history. grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
saintohia: Please the Electoral body:

Swap Obiagu1,s nomination for Biafra rep,

Obiagu1 is not standing election, he has nominated Biafra Rep already,

I'll make the second nomination later.

I regret to inform you we cannot swap nominations. It would be difficult to track or follow if everyone starts asking us to swap nominations.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
PointB: Umunna,
I have gone through the links provided, and must say that some of the comments ranged from myopic, to ignorance; some are distasteful and indeed promote disunity contrary to our objectives.

But we must also agree with Okija_juju that since we have punished him in the past for these infrations, it would amount to double jeopardy to punish him again for them. Certainly it would be unfair to punish someone twice for same offence.

I would therefore maintain that only offence commited after the last election with any of the candidates' known multiple ids will be admissible in this matter. The electoral team will conduct further background checks on all the top contestants. We are encouraged to help in this effort by providing information on them.

In the case of Okija (aka Mad Cow), only recent information from Nov 2012 to date will suffice. Until further information Okija remains in the run. Further appeal may be directed to the Electoral Tribunal who reserve the right to upturn my decision.

Unu ahula ihe m jiri si ka e nyochaa ofuma, onye a na-agbara afa ndu o na-amali elu;onye a ga eji chuo aja o kwetala? Ngwanu o chajaa nu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
PointB:

I regret to inform you we cannot swap nominations. It would be difficult to track or follow if everyone starts asking us to swap nominations.

Nke a putara na nke abuo ga abuzi Biafra Rep.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
I have gone through the links provided, and must say that some of the comments ranged from myopic, to ignorance; some are distasteful and indeed promote disunity contrary to our objectives.

But we must also agree with Okija_juju that since we have punished him in the past for these infrations, it would amount to double jeopardy to punish him again for them. Certainly it would be unfair to punish someone twice for same offence.

I would therefore maintain that only offence commited after the last election with any of the candidates' known multiple ids will be admissible in this matter. The electoral team will conduct further background checks on all the top contestants. We are encouraged to help in this effort by providing information on them.

In the case of Okija (aka Mad Cow), only recent information from Nov 2012 to date will suffice. Until further information Okija remains in the run. Further appeal may be directed to the Electoral Tribunal who reserve the right to upturn my decision.

I am in support of your idea, i just realized that those comments was made last year not this year and we have punished him for this same comments. it will be unjust to punish someone twice over one issue. PointB you can check your hushmail email id, i sent you a message when i noticed that the okija comments was last year and 2011.

Thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Okijajuju1(m): 10:48pm On Feb 24, 2013

For once, sound judgement.

Let me say it now that I would humbly accept any decision make based on sound judgement such as you have shown here.

Thanks.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
Manny gets my nomination. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by donchris999: 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
@andre uweh iwu kwa nwannem o. Isinweke? Hahahahaha..... Ima bossman hotel, madonna science school, st. Peter seminary ihitte/uboma (my alma mater), ajaelo family, fidelis ozichukwu, emekoroha, eze chukwu family. Nwanne abum nwanne emeka nwajiuba na umuezela nsu. Hahahaha, isinweke bu ebem. Otegho kwanu muwa gara isinweke. Anyway, anyi na wa akwa n'afo a.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
berem: Manny gets my nomination. cool
berem: Manny gets my nomination. cool

Noted will reflect in the next update.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2013

why are you taking these decisions by yourself? I thought we have an electoral panel/body/committee/whatever. why not take the matter to them to vote. We operate democracy here. You have made erroneous judgements in the past for us to trust you with another .

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
FreeGlobe:
why are you taking these decisions by yourself? I thought we have an electoral panel/body/committee/whatever. why not take the matter to them to vote. We operate democracy here. You have made erroneous judgements in the past for us to trust you with another .
Maurice Iwu on my mind..... hehehehe grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
berem: for where? It was when i got married i started speaking igbo. I hear and write igbo but i don't speak fluently back then .no be my fault na! lagos life don enter my head.thank God am now perfect. So don't be surprised i don't know nada about igbo history. grin
Hmmmm, Alhaji Harem somebody? cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
btw.... 3 members were appointed into the electoral team and only one is active?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by bandb: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
I think for forgiveness to be genue, there has to be genue restitution. Not making comments in any Ojukwu does not translate to repentance.
Are you saying you have taken back all the comments you made agaisnt the late great Ikemba of Africa!

I think even if you openly apologies here and take back your comments, we should put you under propabation and send you to traditional purgatory where you will be cleansed.

@PointB , the evidence here is extreme. We can't allow Okija_Juju near the Ofor.

The Ofor must not be allowed to be struck facing the 0bamma.
Okija_juju: PointB.

on 2 of those threads posted, I plead double Jeopardy. You can't try a man twice for the same crime. 2 out of 3 of those threads are older than the last 2 Eze Ndi Igbo elections and I believe that you personally disqualified me based on my alleged comments that you perceived to be anti Igbo which I believe these comments were integral in forming those opinion. Those are in the past, Ojukwu has been buried and I have made my peace with him (Which is why I haven't really made any comments on Ay Ojukwu thread in a while.

Now on the "2 day blackout" thread.....

That comment if looked at fairly, isn't wrong and I didn't make it out of malice.

It's just how I feel on the issue.

Okija_Juju I mere aru.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by AndreUweh(m): 11:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
donchris999: @andre uweh iwu kwa nwannem o. Isinweke? Hahahahaha..... Ima bossman hotel, madonna science school, st. Peter seminary ihitte/uboma (my alma mater), ajaelo family, fidelis ozichukwu, emekoroha, eze chukwu family. Nwanne abum nwanne emeka nwajiuba na umuezela nsu. Hahahaha, isinweke bu ebem. Otegho kwanu muwa gara isinweke. Anyway, anyi na wa akwa n'afo a.
Nwanne, I know everyone you mentioned here. I was with the Emeakarohas last year in Kent, England. I have many friends from Umuezeala Nsu including the current Imo state APGA deputy chairman-UD Ejelonu.
Anwunno.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ebe oku nyuru a wusa owara.Syncan ga-eje zuo ike. o buru na m tabiri azu ta;a ga m eji anu were kwuo ugwo echi. Ka Olisa bi n'igwe chekwaba anyi nile. Chetakwanu na o bu Biafra Rep ka anyi ga-eso,gba mbo hu na i binyere o bunadi otu aka na-ebe e sere anyanwu ututu,akara anyi jiri mara Biafra. Ka chi foo nu, ka chi boo nu.

Udo!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Hmmmm, Alhaji Harem somebody? cheesy
sharrap! angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Syncan:

Udo di, o teela m no ebe a na-ahu n'ihe nile na-aga na anya ya

^^^^^^^^

Ihe Oma ka I mere.

Anyi ga na eso ihe neme rukwa mgbe abiachara aka otu okwesiri.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2013
FreeGlobe:

You are correct we have electoral body. The electoral body consist of the Electoral Commissioner and the Electoral tribunal. As I explained ealier to you, I am the current Electoral Commissioner. 9Ja_I_hail, Afamdever and Ujchief are members of the tribunal. As the Electoral Commisioner I have the mandate to take decisions such as disqualifying a candidate or not based on strength of evidence of breach of rule. But the Tribunal reserves the right to over rule or uphold my decissions.

If you noticed, I asked for either more evidence on okija's case or the petitioners should approach the tribunal.

Bottomline, I am not taking the decisions alone. By the way have you read the constitution. If you have not, kindly do so.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Noiseless2: 11:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
In that case he is now known as an ex-anti-Igbo convict, the fact that the electoral commision has convicted him before of acts against the community he is trying to contest for their leadership has onece again won the fight for the people against flat down.

It will be irresponsible for an electoral commitee to ignore his crimes against the people, he claimed His Exellency General Emeka Ojukwu has been buried which we all know is the fact, and he has also made peace with the dead, but one thing for sure is he hasn't made peace with us the children who are still alive.

If he wasn't convicted and thrown out before due to his offense then he would still qualify, but because was convicted after a fair trial so he already has a criminal record,
and with him haven been convicted in an electoral commitee court of law, and as a result has a crminal record then it is crystal clear there are certain positions which such offender cannot be allowed to hold and this, and the leadership is one of them.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
berem: for where? It was when i got married i started speaking igbo. I hear and write igbo but i don't speak fluently back then .no be my fault na! lagos life don enter my head.thank God am now perfect. So don't be surprised i don't know nada about igbo history. grin

Haha, understood. I think Igbo history should be taught to some people here, umm PointB, any books you recommend?

As for me, I always spoke with my parents who HARDLY EVER spoke English to us, so by fire or force, we learned to speak. Writing was when I joined NL, and it soon became part of me as of last year two years ago. Anyway, I'm almost in same boat with you...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
FreeGlobe:

^^^^^^

What is the view of the electoral body on this?

I think there's a section of the constitution that says, if 1/3 electorate object to someone's nomination, such person would be disqualified?

Please the house should be updated on the number of people that've raised concern on the candidacy of OnlyTruth and Okija- juju.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 11:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
@9ja_I_hail
No prob, will check later.

kindly update the list if you can. Nature beckons my eyes now.

Ji s'ike nwa nne
Ko odi echi.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
manny4life:

Haha, understood. I think Igbo history should be taught to some people here, umm PointB, any books you recommend?

As for me, I always spoke with my parents who HARDLY EVER spoke English to us, so by fire or force, we learned to speak. Writing was when I joined NL, and it soon became part of me as of last year two years ago. Anyway, I'm almost in same boat with you...
If i wanna learn igbo history, i think Google can help me out right?

"yawns "..now am off to bed. ka chi fo!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by donchris999: 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
Nwanne, congrats on your new born baby.I thought the emekerohas are in austria..... Anyway they came to visit us in our house in lagos early this year. Nwannem ntakiri no na spain choro igara ha visit sometime later this year. Europe bu nu europe. Lol...... Ina ga na mater dolorosa. Nwanne, echetechalam isinweke, very fun and loving people.
Andre Uweh:
Nwanne, I know everyone you mentioned here. I was with the Emeakarohas last year in Kent, England. I have many friends from Umuezeala Nsu including the current Imo state APGA deputy chairman-UD Ejelonu.
Anwunno.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
@PointB,

If you remember I once stated that the Constitution needs lots of work, for instance, Noiseless raised an important issue. IMO, the Constitution is a working document, but we can see from this election that there's lot of conflicting issues, lots of work needs to be done. I'm stil observing but making an opinion, but let's see what happens further.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
saintohia:

^^^^^^

What is the view of the electoral body on this?

I think there's a section of the constitution that says, if 1/3 electorate object to someone's nomination, such person would be disqualified?

Please the house should be updated on the number of people that've raised concern on the candidacy of OnlyTruth and Okija- juju.

1. If the other members of the tribunal are not active. I would urge Eze Odumchi to make an interim appointment.

2. Such objections should be supported by actionable evidence. We can't over emphasize.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by FreeGlobe(f): 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
PointB:

You are correct we have electoral body. The electoral body consist of the Electoral Commissioner and the Electoral tribunal. As I explained ealier to you, I am the current Electoral Commissioner. 9Ja_I_hail, Afamdever and Ujchief are members of the tribunal. As the Electoral Commisioner I have the mandate to take decisions such as disqualifying a candidate or not based on strength of evidence of breach of rule. But the Tribunal reserves the right to over rule or uphold my decissions.

If you noticed, I asked for either more evidence on okija's case or the petitioners should approach the tribunal.

Bottomline, I am not taking the decisions alone. By the way have you read the constitution. If you have not, kindly do so.
for you, more evidence is never enough, even if Okija announces he is not igbo today, you will need more evidence. Stop using this more evidence to divert attention. In any case where is the electoral tribunal we should report top when only one has been active since inception of this election. When someone asked you to recruit him to the tribunal, why did you refuse when you have shortage of active staff.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
berem: If i wanna learn igbo history, i think Google can help me out right?

"yawns "..now am off to bed. ka chi fo!

Most of the info there can be quite misleading, I've tried that's why I need recommendation.

Good night.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
@PointB,

I still got to give it to you, you're indeed DOING THE BEST JOB... GOOD JOB BROTHER.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Noiseless2: 11:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
But he got his crminal record against the people with him, what about the pain and sadness he caused the people?

Unless this is a joke there should be no place of leadership for a convicted bigot such as him.
9ja_I_hail:

I am in support of your idea, i just realized that those comments was made last year not this year and we have punished him for this same comments. it will be unjust to punish someone twice over one issue. PointB you can check your hushmail email id, i sent you a message when i noticed that the okija comments was last year and 2011.

Thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
manny4life:

Most of the info there can be quite misleading, I've tried that's why I need recommendation.

Good night.
We will talk about that tomorrow then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (59) (Reply)

Okorocha Appoints His Sister, Ogechi Ololo, As Commissioner For Happiness / NIMASA: MURIC Congratulates Bashir Jamoh Over Appointment / Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists Gunned Down By Troops In Sambisa Forest. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.