Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class (28542 Views)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Why Are Muslim Students Still Wearing Hijab To School (see Pics) / French Rapper Stuns Fans, Makes First TV Appearance Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 11:52am On Feb 23, 2013
Pringozie02: is lagos 4 Muslims/Islam?

Lagos has a large percentage of its populace as Muslims. She is expected to respect these people as a resident of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 11:53am On Feb 23, 2013
cyril83: I believe the principal must have issued several warnings to the little gurl, Nne you know those people with their holier than thou spirit.

I never supported the principal but @times muslim kids could be so rude and uncontrolled.

wow! rudeness just became a muslim thing. clap for yourself.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2013
I don't understand why anyone will be subjected to such inhuman treatment. If the worst comes to worse, the principal should have sent the student home or patiently wait for the next PTA meeting to raise the issue of wearing Hijab.
We are gradually edging to a dangerous point were religious and tribal intolerance may cause us to start killing each other.

I am a Christain and a Igbo, but I will not see bad thing and look the other way. We claim to be educated, we claim to be followers of Christ or Mohammed, yet we refuse to live up to our claims.

The Lagos state Govt should punish that Principal to show that it does not condone her actions.

5 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 11:55am On Feb 23, 2013
I still dey imagine how I go feel for body if I receive 20 strokes of cane not to talk of the 43 stokes the young girl received because of her religion.

Like someone said it's going to have psychological effect on the young girl if nothing is done. I strongly hope this won't be one of such cases
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by JoannaSedley(f): 11:55am On Feb 23, 2013
Harbioollah: You People never cease to amaze me. If you are at a loss at what to say, Silence wld have been the best option. Nobody forces you to comment
you haven't answered my question. I respect those that cover their faces and hairs cos for me its an amazing feat in this scorching sun but covering your hair alone and at the same time applying make up to attract attention is hypocritical to say the least.
@ topic,
The principal went too far.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 11:56am On Feb 23, 2013
Donovan: School rule or no school rule,how else do u expect a woman 2 dress? Expose her nudity 4 the whole 2 see?No wonder our society is wht it is 2da.
43 strokes of cane 4 a 12-year old is unfair.I think the principal should be made 2 c reasons Y her action is wrong.

actually, she wont be made to see reason but forced to. I hope the court will treat it as a criminal offence and serve her a deserved jail term.

a 12 yr old!. *I want to cry* sad
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by cyril83(m): 11:57am On Feb 23, 2013
deols:

wow! rudeness just became a muslim thing. clap for yourself.
*pa pa papapa pa!*....yeah! Its in the blood.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 11:58am On Feb 23, 2013
Can NL please quickly publish a more reasonable version of this story? This one sounds like a lazy propaganda.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 23, 2013
The principal has no justification watsoever.

Her actions is unbecoming for someone in her position thus she has no reason to carry on.

What was she thinking?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: you haven't answered my question. I respect those that cover their faces and hairs cos for me its an amazing feat in this scorching sun but covering your hair alone and at the same time applying make up to attract attention is hypocritical to say the least.
@ topic,

what are you driving at. what makes you think she falls into thw category of those who wear make up? she is 12 for God's sake
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2013
deols:

actually, she wont be made to see reason but forced to. I hope the court will treat it as a criminal offence and serve her a deserved jail term.

a 12 yr old!. *I want to cry* sad

You need to see the way I'm feeling embarassed
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by cyril83(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: you haven't answered my question. I respect those that cover their faces and hairs cos for me its an amazing feat in this scorching sun but covering your hair alone and at the same time applying make up to attract attention is hypocritical to say the least.
@ topic,
choi!...you hit the G-spo.t
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
ckkris:

Then why do you prescribe 4300 stroke of cane. Please notice that no teacher in Nigeria will give a 12 year old child 43 strokes of cane. This story is obviously designed create religious crises.

My dear, do not underate the wickedness of some people. I for one has be subjected to 42 strokes of the cane be a senior while in the secondary school, for something that would have been solved by a warning or a simple punishment like kneeling down or sweeping a portion of the school premises.

In my JSS 1, at around 11pm or 12am, an entire hostel will be called out an given be 12 to 24 strokes of the cane, on the allegation that someone stole money in the hostel.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Dawdy(m): 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
Terrorist christian Principal.

5 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
cyril83: *pa pa papapa pa!*....yeah! Its in the blood.

too many kids on this forum. when did u stop wearing diapers?

If this principal is the perfect example of the type managing our education sector, we so are doomed be that ooo
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
ckkris: Can NL please quickly publish a more reasonable version of this story? This one sounds like a lazy propaganda.

If you ever attended a government secondary school, you won't type that poo.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=victorazy]

This post will soon be hidden.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by freecocoa(f): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
Eneze1: if she want to practice her religion nobody is stopping her but in a school that has a code of dressing which should be adhere to, I dont believe the hijab is part of the code of dressing and if her parents want her to be using hijab they should have sent her to a school that uses it.
What are you talking about? That principal should be in jail.

Its a govt owned school and she has no right to run it the way she'd run a private school. Like wtf is her problem? Only God knows what she would do if she caught the girl discussing islam with her friends.

Going by your logic, what do you think should be done to students who wear rosary or any other thing that may indicate what religion they practice? I ask cos I'm certain there would be students who wear such. The principal is in the wrong here and there's no mincing words about that.

4 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=victorazy]

you must be one of those am talking about, promoting religious intolerance. So if it were your daughter or younger sibling, you will advocate for her to be expelled because she was practicing what her religion preaches.
SMH
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
freecocoa: What are you talking about? That principal should be in jail.

Going by your logic, what do you think should be done to students who wear rosary or any other thing that may indicate what religion they practice? I ask cos I'm certain there would be students who wear such. The principal is in the wrong here and there's no mincing words about that.

Thank you for using the rosary as a reference. Some people don't just get it.
The principal is a Bigot.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
If it were a Christian child, you may not even hear it.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=hafsatbaby]

Please can you just keep your opinion to yourself.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by aljharem(m): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lagos indigenes are MAJORITY MUSLIMS. That is the fact

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
siddiq202:

If you ever attended a government secondary school, you won't type that poo.

You're too small to understand.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
jammyng: If it were a Christian child, you may not even hear it.

So because if it were a christain child you may not hear of it, it then makes the action of the principal right ehn?

RIGHT IS RIGHT, WRONG IS WRONG.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=hafsatbaby]

The story been discuss here on Nl is also jihad my sister. Thousands of people must have read it by now and I'm sure someone would take a drastic step
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by cyril83(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
siddiq202: I still dey imagine how I go feel for body if I receive 20 strokes of cane not to talk of the 43 stokes the young girl received because of her religion.

Like someone said it's going to have psychological effect on the young girl if nothing is done. I strongly hope this won't be one of such cases
Truly! religion must have been the cause of the outrageous stokes. May be the arrogant girl used the word *curse* Tabatiada wabilabi wataba on the no nonsense principal. Don't be so quick to nailin the principal, We must hear from her.

No offence.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by princemol: 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
I remember I was once slapped by a muslim teacher for not reciting d muslim prayer on one friday like dat at the assembly. He called me out of the assembly because I was looking at him with my mouth closed. He asked me to be knocking d wall,after d assembly he gave me a slap and asked a prefect to further deal wit me. Mind u I attended st. Joseph Boys Secondary school in surulere Lagos.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 12:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
siddiq202:

The story been discuss here on Nl is also jihad my sister. Thousands of people must have read it by now and my sure someone will take a drastic step

What drastic step? Are you implying that others should be punished for the actions of one person(the principal).?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Honor Killing, Jungle Justice...not ISLAMIC! / Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.