Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class (28540 Views)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Why Are Muslim Students Still Wearing Hijab To School (see Pics) / French Rapper Stuns Fans, Makes First TV Appearance Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 11:13am On Feb 23, 2013
deols: flogging.

first, it is child abuse.

Sir,

Flogging is not child abuse in Nigeria. Please in oyinbo land.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 23, 2013
Biatch must have thought she was home in the east where hatred of Islam is a badge of honor to be worn proudly.

Sack her already

Who knows what other rabid islamophobia she is using her position to promote

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by greatgod2012(f): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2013
D principal must be a religious bigot, that is why she was so bitter against d little girl, which is uncalled for.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by CeCeBillz(f): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2013
As I see de headline I just kw say na 9ja, nigerian teachers too like to flog,if u go piss flog, sleep, stand, walk, answer question sef flog! De better reduce de rate of flogging.. Smh
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: What is the essence of that hair covering?
You People never cease to amaze me. If you are at a loss at what to say, Silence wld have been the best option. Nobody forces you to comment

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by vizboy(m): 11:24am On Feb 23, 2013
very wrong of that principja 43 stroke of cane i must say that is harsh
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by aljharem(m): 11:25am On Feb 23, 2013
oyb: Biatch must have thought she was home in the east where hatred of Islam is a badge of honor to be worn proudly.

Sack her already

Who knows what other rabid islamophobia she is using her position to promote

thank you.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by sharpman1(m): 11:25am On Feb 23, 2013
This story does not make sense. It is clearly exaggerated.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 11:26am On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia:

There is a government in Lagos State that must do the necessary and decide what should be done.I'm not the governor of Lagos State nor the commissioner for education.

Then why do you prescribe 4300 stroke of cane. Please notice that no teacher in Nigeria will give a 12 year old child 43 strokes of cane. This story is obviously designed create religious crises.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by clemmonce(m): 11:26am On Feb 23, 2013
journalist and their exxageration 43 strokes ... wetin happen na lie jooor ...

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by passmanhackgma: 11:27am On Feb 23, 2013
She should take to instruction and wear it all time.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by aljharem(m): 11:28am On Feb 23, 2013
Intolerance to other human being is one of humanity greatest mistake. Mrs Ukpaka SHOULD KNOW THAT THIS IS THE WEST and in the west Christian, Muslims, Traditionalist etc are tolerant of each other.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:28am On Feb 23, 2013
NIgeria is a Pagan country and all people must subscribe to Pagan Laws.

please wear traditional clothes / leaves , etc., to school.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ifebosco: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia:

In a government school,where all students are equal citizens,if a female decides not to wear hijab because she a Christian (who haven't read Corinthians),she shouldn't be forced to wear hijab even if the majority of the school is muslim.likewise,if a female decides to wear hijab,she has the right to even if the government school is majority non-muslim or Christian.had this happened in Anambra state,I won't be suprised.but this principal obviously from another region of Nigeria is bringing her ignorance and fanaticism in Lagos,a Yoruba state where indigenous Yorubas are majority muslim[/font].this is NOT acceptable.the principal should go back to the east or wherever she is from to practice her extremism and hatred for Muslims.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]yorubas are majority muslems??
i thought it was 50 50
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by juleze(f): 11:28am On Feb 23, 2013
Frostyzone:

Couldn't help laughing out loud at the irony in your sentence. grin
You beat M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ to it. Couldn't help wondering same.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:33am On Feb 23, 2013
ifebosco: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]yorubas are majority muslems??
i thought it was 50 50

Yorubas are 50% muslims, 50% xtians and 99.99998% Pagan Traditionalist. the 0.00002% is Maclatunji and his disciple Sweetecta.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 11:34am On Feb 23, 2013
sharp man: This story does not make sense. It is clearly exaggerated.

and you are sure of that hmmn?

clemmonce: journalist and their exxageration 43 strokes ... wetin happen na lie jooor ...

because u were there abi?

it is possible. I was once given an uncountable strokes just because I wouldnt stay still as the God knows what was his problem, wretched teacher flogged me while in JsS2 and I was 11 then. u see, this most likely happened.

I hate flogging. I cried until my SS3 whenever flogging happened. it is insanity on the part of the teacher and d government must do something against it.

CHILD ABUSE MUST STOP

SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by cyril83(m): 11:35am On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia:

Hijab is not meant to prove to anyone that the female wearing it is Muslim,as much as it is meant to create a connection between God and the female as a step of devotion.it is part of worship and not just a uniform.
Do christians put on hijab?

@Op that principal must not go unpunished. There are better ways of correcting the brainwashed little gurl. 43 strokes sound hyperbole to me.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 11:38am On Feb 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
NIgeria is a Pagan country and all people must subscribe to Pagan Laws.

please wear traditional clothes / leaves , etc., to school.

PAGAN,

You still dey? You mean 14 year old girls should bare these irresistables, when ekwensu like you full town. Allah Sarki !
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by HAH: 11:38am On Feb 23, 2013
See what this principal has caused herself,now that what she did is in public domain only God knows what it will lead to.

Let her go and pray if not BH or JAMBS can easily sentence her.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 11:39am On Feb 23, 2013
and why shouldnt she wear hijab?

does d hijab stop her from learning?

that principal must be punished o.

poor girl...too young for that sad
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 11:41am On Feb 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Yorubas are 50% muslims, 50% xtians and 99.99998% Pagan Traditionalist. the 0.00002% is Maclatunji and his disciple Sweetecta.

Very, very CORRECT.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by mujiboy(m): 11:42am On Feb 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: What is the essence of that hair covering?
. Wats d essence of not wearing ear rings
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Pringozie02(m): 11:43am On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia:

Madam or Mr,

Hijab is not a tie you put and take off for fashion.its a religious matter that if not properly handled can lead to a situation of racism,hatred and intolerance.

The beating shows the deep hatred that evil thing had in her mind for Muslims/Islam.I wonder what brought her to Lagos.
is lagos 4 Muslims/Islam?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Richy4(m): 11:43am On Feb 23, 2013
If the story is true, that was really wrong of the principal to flog a little girl. but 43 strokes, and she lived to tell the story? and she is a girl? that was a white lies. I knew how three strokes used to be in those days not to talk of 43 strokes. except a nursery school kid was carrying out the punishment cheesy.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by naptu2: 11:44am On Feb 23, 2013
1) The Lagos State Government has banned canning of students and apprentices in the state.

2) There is a precedent where some muslim students sued their school and the Lagos State Government to court because the school banned hijab. The court ruled that the school regulations cannot deprive the students of their rights as enshrined in the constitution.

I'll post the links in my next post. Hope pyguru doesn't ban me.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by cyril83(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2013
greatgod2012: D principal must be a religious bigot, that is why she was so bitter against d little girl, which is uncalled for.
I believe the principal must have issued several warnings to the little gurl, Nne you know those people with their holier than thou spirit.

I never supported the principal but @times muslim kids could be so rude and uncontrolled.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by pekelepekele(m): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2013
We have read about principals dipping fingers into female students private parts claiming she is trying to check their virginity and this again almost flogged a student to death . What should the government do ? Post police officers at different schools or what ? I am really fed up of this country if Hell is worst than Nigeria everyone on earth really has to change their evil ways so that they can make heaven
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by naptu2: 11:46am On Feb 23, 2013
1) The Lagos State Government has banned canning of students and apprentices in the state.

https://www.nairaland.com/708677/lagos-state-outlaws-flogging-students

2) There is a precedent where some muslim students sued their school and the Lagos State Government to court because the school banned hijab. The court ruled that the school regulations cannot deprive the students of their rights as enshrined in the constitution.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-46139.html

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by JoannaSedley(f): 11:49am On Feb 23, 2013
Harbioollah: You People never cease to amaze me. If you are at a loss at what to say, Silence wld have been the best option. Nobody forces you to comment
you haven't answered my question.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by calcal: 11:49am On Feb 23, 2013
2. Liberia

Misery index score: 90.5
CPI inflation: 5.5%
Unemployment: 85%
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Donovan: 11:49am On Feb 23, 2013
School rule or no school rule,how else do u expect a woman 2 dress? Expose her nudity 4 the whole 2 see?No wonder our society is wht it is 2da.
43 strokes of cane 4 a 12-year old is unfair.I think the principal should be made 2 c reasons Y her action is wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Honor Killing, Jungle Justice...not ISLAMIC! / Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite?