Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class (28545 Views)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Why Are Muslim Students Still Wearing Hijab To School (see Pics) / French Rapper Stuns Fans, Makes First TV Appearance Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dawdy: Terrorist christian Principal.

This post will not be hidden.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
cyril83: Truly! religion must have been the cause of the outrageous stokes. May be the arrogant girl used the word *curse* Tabatiada wabilabi wataba on the no nonsense principal. Don't be so quick to nailin the principal, We must hear from her.

No offence.

I can give you the principal's phone number to ask her the reason behind the flogging if you want to call her.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Lakelarge(m): 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: What is the essence of that hair covering?
It's A Symbol That Adorns A Lady Of Virtue. It Also Scares Off The Agent Of Devils...From Devilish Exploits.Most Importantly,As A Muslim,Using Hijab Is Believed To Be A Rewarding Act. With This,I Suppose Justice Has Been Done To Your Question?

2 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
eagle,eye:

What drastic step? Are you implying that others should be punished for the actions of one person(the principal).?

Not at all. By that I meant someone will let the authority know the crude punishment the principal gave the young girl
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by jesusisgood(f): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
Physical abuse is uncalled for. Although I am an atheist, I unequivocally believe that folks should be allowed to practice their religions, as long as they are hurting no one. At least, they did not bomb her. That is what Muslims would have done to someone they did not agree with.

2 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
siddiq202:

I can give you the principal's phone number to ask her the reason behind the flogging if you want to call her.

No need for that.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by lovejo(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
I did not support the action of the principal, but I need to hear other side of the story if she was caned 43 strokes or it was exaggerated. Nigeria is a secular state and promotion of religion in public places like school should follow certain guideline.
If the school is not specific for muslim such as Ansar-ul.deem grammar school, etc, then there is a code of not promoting religion in a school in form of dressing as a christian or muslim.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Agrika: 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ooh please! make we hear word, come to the north and see how female christain secondary and primary school students are treated, if you talk they will tell you when you go to Rome you dress like the Romans, i remember in one of my friend's secondary school then her principal brought a female christain student out in the assembly, for not wearing hijab and she called her an "arna" who wants to practise her "karuwanci" in the school after then she was given 12 lashes and publicily disgraced, though am not in support of the 43 lashes but if any measures should be taken, it should be taken based on the fact she ordered for 43 lashes on a 12 year old not based on the fact she punished a girl for wearing hijab.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by cyril83(m): 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2013
siddiq202:

Then what are you waiting for? Drop the digits man.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
ckkris:

No need for that.
Ok
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 12:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
Agrika: Ooh please! make we hear word, come to the north and see how female christain secondary and primary school students are treated, if you talk they will tell you when you go to Rome you dress like the Romans, i remember in one of my friend's secondary school then her principal brought a female christain student out in the assembly, for not wearing hijab and she called her an "arna" who wants to practise her "karuwanci" in the school after then

Does that make the actions of the principal right?
If you see evil and you do not condenm it, evil will visit you one day and others will not speak up for you.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
lovejo: I did not support the action of the principal, but I need to hear other side of the story if she was caned 43 strokes or it was exaggerated. Nigeria is a secular state and promotion of religion in public places like school should follow certain guideline.
If the school is not specific for muslim such as Ansar-ul.deem grammar school, etc, then there is a code of not promoting religion in a school in form of dressing as a christian or muslim.
And who told you that Ansar-ud-deen Grammar school was specifically for Muslims when the state government was running it?
I'm an alumnus of the school if you may know
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
I dont believe this story one bit. 43 stroke is unbelievable. It is better to hear from both parties before coming to conclusion or passing judgement.
You know this muslim sharia society are good at exaggeration and sentimentalizing whatever that can provoke religious hatred and excuse to vent religious anger on hapless souls. She might have been punished for a different offence. Besides i dont think any human being can stand 43 stroke of cane except that person lives in a sharia state.
Pls lets hear from both parties and eye witnesses first

2 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by oboy3(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
RULES are meant to be Obeyed even if you are related To Osama Bin-laden or Barrack Obama
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Agrika: 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ eagle.eye didnt u read what i posted, i said if the principal must be punished let it be based on the fact that she gave a 12 year old 43 lashes of the cane, let it not be because the girl in question was wearing hijab and a muslim
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by cyril83(m): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
ckkris:

No need for that.
Why? Now i see the reason to the propaganda. Don't tell me the gods are thirsty for innocent blood. Don't start what you can't finish, we are not in the north.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Paschal007: 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
jesusisgood: Physical abuse is uncalled for. Although I am an atheist, I unequivocally believe that folks should be allowed to practice their religions, as long as they are hurting no one. At least, they did not bomb her. That is what Muslims would have done to someone they did not agree with.
Lol you're an atheist? What's with the username?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by manny4life(m): 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
As much as I dislike Islamic practices, this is very wrong, and should be condemned. This is the time Muslims may have my blessing to whip out the demon in her as well. Imagine 43 lashes to a 12yo, she will never go unpunished. Even if you hate Islam that much, must you carry out your anger towards an innocent 12yo who knows nothing about it?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
princemol: I remember I was once slapped by a muslim teacher for not reciting d muslim prayer on one friday like dat at the assembly. He called me out of the assembly because I was looking at him with my mouth closed. He asked me to be knocking d wall,after d assembly he gave me a slap and asked a prefect to further deal wit me. Mind u I attended st. Joseph Boys Secondary school in surulere Lagos.

that Muslim teacher is also wrong
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
eagle,eye:

So because if it were a christain child you may not hear of it, it then makes the action of the principal right ehn?

RIGHT IS RIGHT, WRONG IS WRONG.
should there be disparity then?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Frostyzone(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
I don't in any way support extremism, and the principal's callous actions warrant a jail sentence, at least.

But going through these thread and reading the hypocritical comments of our Muslims citizens made me to remember something.

If such thing had happened in the north, the girl would be in the morgue and the principal would be going about her daily business as if nothing happened.

So please spare some of us your holier than thou attitudes and chalk it up as "one of those things".

It's not you against the world as you would make the uninformed believe.

8 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by shamson: 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
toba: Nigeria is not a one religion state. I cant carry my bible everywhere in order to prove to Muslims im a christian. There're rules in everywhere. Back then in school we were compelled to wear brown belt, cut our air to low level, not to put on face caps and ladies must wear beret.

Authorities wants uniformity and no prefential treatment. caning is bad but there must be obedience for the rules

So the authority rules is superior to God's command? Check this out

All 1 corinthian : 11: 6

New International Version (©1984)
If a woman does not cover her head,
she should have her hair cut off; and
if it is a disgrace for a woman to
have her hair cut or shaved off, she
should cover her head.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Yes, if she refuses to wear a head
covering, she should cut off all her
hair! But since it is shameful for a
woman to have her hair cut or her
head shaved, she should wear a
covering.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For if a wife will not cover her head,
then she should cut her hair short.
But since it is disgraceful for a wife
to cut off her hair or shave her
head, let her cover her head.

New American Standard Bible
(©1995)
For if a woman does not cover her
head, let her also have her hair cut
off; but if it is disgraceful for a
woman to have her hair cut off or
her head shaved, let her cover her
head.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
(©2009)
So if a woman's head is not covered,
her hair should be cut off. But if it is
disgraceful for a woman to have her
hair cut off or her head shaved, she
should be covered.

International Standard Version
(©2012)
So if a woman does not cover her
head, she should cut off her hair. If
it is a disgrace for a woman to cut
off her hair or shave her head, let
her cover her own head.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For if the woman be not covered, let
her also be shorn: but if it be a
shame for a woman to be shorn or
shaven, let her be covered.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by siddiq202(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
rafhell: I dont believe this story one bit. 43 stroke is unbelievable. It is better to hear from both parties before coming to conclusion or passing judgement.
You know this muslim sharia society are good at exaggeration and sentimentalizing whatever that can provoke religious hatred and excuse to vent religious anger on hapless souls. She might have been punished for a different offence. Besides i dont think any human being can stand 43 stroke of cane except that person lives in a sharia state.
Pls lets hear from both parties and eye witnesses first

what is this one saying again?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
rafhell: Besides i dont think any human being can stand 43 stroke of cane except that person lives in a sharia state.

I once took 42 strokes of the cane.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by folahann(m): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
Flogging the poor girl is wrong, no doubt. But I think the school authority must have stated their rules and regulations pertaining to the situation.
Even in universities for example, covenant university, it is forbidden for female students to wear trousers.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by jesusisgood(f): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
Paschal007: Lol you're an atheist? What's with the username?
Just having fun. Have you checked my profile?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Honor Killing, Jungle Justice...not ISLAMIC! / Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.