Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (47948 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ollyfad(f): 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
VanTee20:

I'm sorry o, I go make sure say the updates become regular. Thanks ma cheesy
wia is d update na
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ollyfad: wia is d update na

*wipes sweat off brows*

I'm working on it jaresmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by ninja4life(m): 11:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
VanTee20:

*wipes sweat off brows*

I'm working on it jaresmiley
Angry,it seems u want a life ban from nairaland oya come update b4 i close and opne my eye back.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2013
EPISODE 19

'Ye stinking mudmen,' Zannigan, the leader of the fairies, spat. 'Thou drove us away from the lands, now thou cometh to take over the tunnels from us.'

... Fairies too dey smoke 'Igboh' neh? Abi wetin cause dis gibberish na...

The fairies advanced towards us. We (Hector and I) instinctively inched backwards, although we knew there was no means of escaping from them. We were simply cornered.

I turned to check if Fabianus' face was still on the tunnel wall and I wasn't disappointed.

'When you are through with those guys. Exit is at the point marked 'X' on the tunnel wall. Good luck,' He mouthed and subsequently disappeared.

I nodded dumbly and returned my attention to the Fairies.

'What now, Athanasius?' Hector asked in a whisper.

'We fight of course. As you can see, running is no option,' I whispered back.

'Ok then. Let's show these fairies what we, mudmen, can do,' he said, as he unsheathed his glistening sword.

'Hey! Aren't you going to use your sword?' Hector queried when he noticed that I was cracking my knuckles and clenching my fists instead of unsheathing my sword.

'No way. It's too heavy. I'll go with my fists,' I replied. After all, I had been in my school's boxing club and I had taken on some of the bigger boys in the school with my fists. I see no reason why I shouldn't use them against these dimunitive, dwarfish, midgetic Fairies.

'Ok boys, time to strike, we have wasted enough time,' Zunnigan said.

I don't know what I expected, but the way the Fairies launched their attack on us was incredibly fast. Two of them flew straight at Hector, who hacked both of them down with a swift, graceful movement of his huge sword.

Three of them Fairies flew towards me with an astonishing speed. I aimed the midriff of the first one and threw my left punch (I'm a southpaw) with all the force I could muster.

The punch caught the Fairy and he screamed in pain as he collided with his two companions.

Before I knew it, two other Fairy were hovering above my head. I leapt up and caught one of them. I immediately flung it against the hard tunnel wall. I aimed the head of the other one and I threw my punch, the Fairy ducked and my punch landed on the hard wall.

GBIIIIIIIIIM!!!

'Owww, my hand o,' I cried as undiluted pain surged through my left hand.

Those Fairies didn't even give me the time to recover as one of them sent a hard kick to my stomach with his little, booted feet.

'Yeeeh! Hector, come and help me o,' I screamed as I doubled up with pain and clutched my stomach.

'No one will help you, mud boy. We have already beaten your friend into a pulp,' Zunnigan informed me while smiling smile expansive.

... Hector? Pulp? How come?...

'Boys, take this one to the cave,' the Fairy leader commanded.

'Eh? Which cave?'

'The Black Cave of course.'

'Nooooooooo!!!' I tried to scream but it got stuck in my throat. No sound came out.

I tried to scream the second time, but my attempt was met with an uppercut from one of the Fairies. Blood, instead of words, gushed out of my mouth.

... See my life o. Thunder fire all the gods for sending me here angry...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2013
E Don finish?? No vex me oh!!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:18am On Jul 09, 2013
Neduzze5: E Don finish?? No vex me oh!!

I dey copy and paste small small. I don modify am grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 9:24am On Jul 09, 2013
VanTee20:

I dey copy and paste small small. I don modify am grin

Should we expect another??
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:56am On Jul 09, 2013
Neduzze5:

Should we expect another??

yes...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2013

'Raise the mortal, let's see his face. Let's see the face of the Saviour,' A strange, loud voice said.

A dozen or so Fairy hands pulled me up from the floor where I had earlier lain unconscious. I shook my head vigorously to clear the fuzziness of my brain which was caused by my recent blackout.

Without being told, I instantly knew where I was... In the black cave. The coal black painting said it all. The only source of illumination in the cave was a huge lampstand, with seven red candles burning on it.

I squinted as I tried to make out the features of the owner of the voice, who stood at the southern end of the cave.

Short, stocky man, dressed in stripped red and black garment. I had seen this person before, in Fabianus' study, in a book. Yes! It's Justus, the sorcerer and our number one enemy.

At that moment, I noticed the presence of the two creatures beside him. The one on his right side was Gustavus, the giant while on the left side stood Zygus, the dragon. There were also about five hunDred armed men, who were the immortal soldiers of Justus.

... OMG! How I go take face all these peeps na? Where d fvck is Fabianus?...

Justus turned to his men and said. 'The mortal seeks Fabianus.'. There was general laughter among all the immortals, joined in by the Fairies too. I wondered what was so amusing in what he said. But errm How come the man know wetin I dey think? Ha! Jazz boku for here o...

'Okay, let's show him Fabianus,' the Sorcerer said and clapped his hands. A door opened on the eastern part of the cave and two immortal soldiers dragged Fabianus in.

His face was heavily battered, his once white hair had been dyed red with blood. A white piece of cloth hung limply round his loins...

'Holy Mariam... Errrm I mean Mary! What happened?' I asked in shock.

Fabianus stared at me silently for a very long time. Then I heard his reply, in my mind.

To be continued...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by boladex1: 10:55am On Jul 09, 2013
this is too small ooo, upload more now now
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
I don come again Van angry
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by sconp: 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Omo gobe
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 2:17am On Jul 10, 2013
Thanks Van...more please
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Austeenxx: 8:22am On Jul 10, 2013
Nice story, Van. cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ollyfad(f): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2013
~Holy mariam mother of judas~lwkmd
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:33am On Jul 10, 2013
bola-dex:
this is too small ooo, upload more now now

I borrow phone update that one sef, I go update when I see my phone charge sha...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:35am On Jul 10, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: I don come again Van angry

So u still dey follow the story and u neva comment since, eh? angry angry angry
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:37am On Jul 10, 2013
scon-p:
Omo gobe

More like gobe squared o... grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2013
texanomaly: Thanks Van...more please

More is on the way, thanks ma'am cheesy...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2013
Austeenxx: Nice story, Van. cheesy

Thank you sir cheesy cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:44am On Jul 10, 2013
Ollyfad: ~Holy mariam mother of judas~lwkmd

Lol grin... 'Mariam' na d Arabic equivalent of 'Mary' o... grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
Van...wetin fabianus tell u ?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by ninja4life(m): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
Following thread like twitter.so van wen is d next update
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
oyestephen: Van...wetin fabianus tell u ?

When I update, u go know smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
ninja4life: Following thread like twitter.so van wen is d next update

Thanks bro... The Update'll come tonight... smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by ohuegbeair(m): 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
With nairalanders like u ....who needs to buy a book. U r really comical . Keep it up bro.

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by ninja4life(m): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
Oga van ur tonight don pass o make una post tonight,hope ur tonight finally comes.lol
VanTee20:

Thanks bro... The Update'll come tonight... smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Marian17(f): 9:38am On Jul 19, 2013
Van, deactivate your ghost mode and come back here now. Your thread has entered relegation o...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2013
ohuegbeair: With nairalanders like u ....who needs to buy a book. U r really comical . Keep it up bro.

Thanks bro cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
ninja4life: Oga van ur tonight don pass o make una post tonight,hope ur tonight finally comes.lol

My 'tonight' comes tomorrow... A combination of battery problems and tight schedule prevented it from coming earlier. sad
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
OK oooh
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by ohuegbeair(m): 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
We r waiting patiently like jonathan . Don't disappoint oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / The Diary / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.