Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (47945 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 2:24am On Jul 20, 2013
Van don't worry...you do what you must...I, for one, will wait...your story is worth it.

Tex smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
EPISODE 20

Fabianus regarded me silently for a long time, then I heard his reply, in my head or mind. I wasn't sure which one.

'I don't understand either. We just walked in here to find them waiting for us,' he recounted bitterly.

'Where are the others?' A voice which sounded so like mine asked using the mind system.

'They are all sandwiched in a cell over there.'

'What is the way out now?' I asked.

'I'm still working on it... I'll get back to you.'

'Maybe we should...,' I was interrupted by Justus.

'So mortal now that you have seen Fabianus, what next?' Justus asked mockingly. 'Now, I think the gods must be crazy to send a frail, black mortal like you to stop me.'

'Shut it up Ugly one or the gods will strike you for blasphemy,' Fabianus said angrily.

... Blasphemy ko? The dude is on point jor. The gods are crazy jare. How can they send an ordinary person like to a jujuful and jazzified place like dis na?...

'You, bloody fo'o'l,' Justus said to Fabianus. 'Your father couldn't stop me. What makes youThink you can?'

'My father doesn't deserve your mockery, he was an honourable man,' Fabianus spat.

... Was? Abi the Sage don die ni?...

'Boss, let's not waste time with these mortals,' Gustavus, the giant, adviced. 'Let's kill them off right now. Remember we haven't completely conquered the eastern lands.'

'True,' Justus affirmed. 'My dear Fairies, please bring that young, black mortal with you over here.'

Just us the Fairies joined hands to push me forward, I heard Fabianus' voice in my mind again. He spoke quickly and excitedly. No doubt he had struck an idea.

'Athanasius, can you see that golden vase beside the big lampstand?'

'Eh? Where?'

'At the Northern end of the cave na.'

'I still can't see it oh.'

'See what garri has done to your eyes? Shine your eyes wella jor.'

I peered long and hard at the Northern end of cave and I finally saw the golden vase Fabianus was talking about.

'I've seen it. What about it?'

'Good,' Fabianus said. 'The Vase contains the blood of the lamb that was usEd for the immortality rituals of Justus' men.'

'What use is it to our course?' I asked.

'Just find a way of striking it and spilling the contents, then the whole army will be destroyed.'

I swung into action immediately. I lurched forward with a great speed, thereby stunning the Fairies who were holding me.

I crouched suddenly, picked one of the numerous stones from the cave floor and cast it at the golden Vase with all the force I could gather.

The stone hit the vase and it tumbled, thereby spilling its red, liquid content.

It took Justus a few moment to realise the implication and gravity of what just happened, and when he did, it was too late to do anything as all the five hundred immortal soldiers, the giant and the dragon fell to the floor and melted away before our own eyes.

'Now!' Justus screamed. 'You will most certainly pay for this.'

A pair of wings instantly appeared on him and he flew towards me with a burning rage and astonishing speed.

'Athanasius, quick, unsheath your sword,' Fabianus ordered me.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
'For what? I can't o. It's too big,' I complained loudly.

'Shut up! Just unsheath it, tap the base and name any weapon you want it to turn to.'

I quickly did as I was told. I tapped the base of the sword and shouted. 'Ak 47!'

Justus was only a few metres away from me now. I fired the rifle at the onrushing sorcerer.

PRAAA!!!

I watched in horror as the bullet went agonisingly wide. Choi! I missed! I even almost fell from pulling the trigger sef, recoil effect or something.

Before I could recover from the shock of the first shot, Justus kicked the rifle off my hands angrily and sent a damaging punch to my ribs. I fell to the ground instantenously.

I don't know what would have become of me if not for Fabianus' timely intervention.

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by ihebrooke(m): 6:37am On Jul 21, 2013
VanTee20: 'For what? I can't o. It's too big,' I complained loudly.

'Shut up! Just unsheath it, tap the base and name any weapon you want it to turn to.'

I quickly did as I was told. I tapped the base of the sword and shouted. 'Ak 47!'

Justus was only a few metres away from me now. I fired the rifle at the onrushing sorcerer.

PRAAA!!!

I watched in horror as the bullet went agonisingly wide. Choi! I missed! I even almost fell from pulling the trigger sef, recoil effect or something.

Before I could recover from the shock of the first shot, Justus kicked the rifle off my hands angrily and sent a damaging punch to my ribs. I fell to the ground instantenously.

I don't know what would have become of me if not for Fabianus' timely intervention.

You no well, for real!

Very funny piece. Keep it up, bro...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:06am On Jul 21, 2013
ihebrooke:

You no well, for real!

Very funny piece. Keep it up, bro...

Thanks bro cheesy cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:10am On Jul 21, 2013
texanomaly: Van don't worry...you do what you must...I, for one, will wait...your story is worth it.

Tex smiley

U're such an understanding fan, thanks ma'am cheesy cheesy.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:13am On Jul 21, 2013
I'll upload more around evening today. Thanks smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2013
Lol....

Ak47 abi na 49 got me rolling with laughter!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by toluhere(m): 9:57am On Jul 21, 2013
Vantee bag wats ur phone number
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by sconp: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2013
lol c action film
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
Neduzze5: Lol....

Ak47 abi na 49 got me rolling with laughter!

grin grin...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
toluhere: Vantee bag wats ur phone number

You should have asked in the appropriate thread nah. Ok I'll mail u my number and the address of the café. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
scon-p:
lol c action film

Abi nah grin grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Tovot: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
nice nice nice story,i taught you to write splendidly!!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:21am On Jul 22, 2013
... And the story continues grin

Fabianus quickly stopped the Sorcerer, Justus, from getting to where I lay, by blocking his way. Before long they started fighting each other with their magical powers.

I managed to pick myself from the floor inspite of my burning ribs and I crawled to the place the Ak47 rifle fell after Justus kick it off my hands.

I picked it up, spread my legs, put on my meanest face and then called on Justus to scare him.

'Say cheese man. I'm about to pump you full of lead.'

'Hahahaha, you mortal. If that thing you are holding makes even the tiniest hair on my head fall, I'll give you all the gold I dug up in Atlantis,' He boasted.

... So this man get bullet proof, I don die oh...

I no go lie, Liver cut me when I heard Justus' words but I formed bravery and said to him. 'Die with your gold, Wicked man.'

I aimed his chest and fired...

PRAAAAA!!!

Justus let out a howl hundreds of decibels loud, then he clutched his head tightly and he started to mumble words incoherently.

... Which kain Nollywood act b dis? How I go shoot pesin for chest and him go dey hold head...

I fired the rifle once again at Justus.

PRAAA!!!

The bullet ricocheted off the wall and hit Justus in the head.

The Sorcerer fell to the floor, dead.

'Yesss!' I said as I tried to leap in the air to express my joy but Fabianus surprisingly held me down.

'What is wrong? Won't you let me jubilate in this hour of victory?'

'Nobody said you shouldn't jubilate, just get out of this cave first.'

'What? Why?'

'This Cave is about to explode,' Fabianus said coolly.

'Explode how? Boko haram dey dis land too?'

'No. It's Justus body that will cause the explosion,' he explained. 'Now will you just get out of here without any more questions.'

'Emmm... But I need to know...'

'Sweene Tuovus!' Fabianus screamed at me, when he noticed my reluctance to obey him.

Immediately I heard those, no doubt, magical words, I found myself towards the exit the cave with a speed that would have shamed Usain Bolt.

I bolted out of the Cave, still i couldn't myself from running. I continued to run through the darkness that outside Cave, until I came to a place where the force acting on me slackened.

As I stopped running, I began to hear loud and clear voices in my head as I stood in the thick darkness.

Update loading...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:20am On Jul 22, 2013
'Master, look! His chest is heaving.'

'Yes, It seems like he has started breathing again.'

'Marian, quickly go and tell the Principal that Van has regained consciousness.'

'Which one sir?'

'Are you ok? How many principals do we have in this school? Go and tell Ms. Texanomalina jor.'

At that point, my erstwhile closed eyes flicked open and I took in slowly my surrounding.

I discovered that I was surrounded by more than two dozens young people. All of them wore sad looks on their faces. I could even see tears on some faces and I could also hear some sniffing back their tears.

... Wetin dey happen for here na?...

'Van, are you alright?' A tiny voice asked. I turned my eyes in the direction and I saw the owner. A big, bald man. Mr. Ogwuzi, my physics teacher!

'Yes I am sir,' I replied, although I was far from alright. My head was pounding and my back was grinding.

'Why is everyone looking like this? Is anything wrong?'

'You... Em... What happened was that... Nothing is wrong,' Mr. Ogwuzi said confusedly as he struggled to think of the best way to answer my questions.

'THAT'S HIM!!!' I screamed suddenly, thereby stunning everyone in the classroom.

'Who did you see?'

'CAN'T YOU SEE STAN? I MUST KILL HIM!' I bellowed, pointing at the dark figure who stood at the back of the pack. I tried to stand up from my position on the floor, but I was quickly restrained by two big boys in the class.

'LET ME GO!'

'See as Van dey do like lunatic. The guy dey mad small small,' the first boy whispered to his companion.

'Must be his head that hit the wall,' the second boy said sorrowfully.

... Oh shut up d'i'ckheads. I'm not in anyway mad. I AM THE SAVIOUR...

THE END.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:26am On Jul 22, 2013
I want to thank everyone that read, liked and commented on this thread. Without you guys, this story would have remained a dream. I'm very happy with the way you people responded positively to this humble story. Thank you all and God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:28am On Jul 22, 2013
Tovot: nice nice nice story,i taught you to write splendidly!!

For ur mind grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 1:40am On Jul 22, 2013
Finally u are back to reality, no more mind reading fabianus.....but how about an epilogue
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 3:05am On Jul 22, 2013
Texanomalina...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! The principal no less. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Van, you just made my day!

Thanks for a very entertaining story. "Now get to class before you end up in my office!" LOL
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
oyestephen: Finally u are back to reality, no more mind reading fabianus.....but how about an epilogue

Exactly grin... I'll post the epilogue later. Thanks bro cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
texanomaly: Texanomalina...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! The principal no less. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Van, you just made my day!

Thanks for a very entertaining story. "Now get to class before you end up in my office!" LOL

"Ok ma!" grin grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by ninja4life(m): 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lol 3 gboza to oga van.lmao
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by nuwell(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
Walahi! Mr VanTee, this is an exquisite work. Well written with a great command of grammar (usually my disappointment with many good writers), enthralling plot, humour-laden, superbly articulated...

Concise, attention-grabbing and holding...

Fortunately, I could read everything at a go so I didn't experience the delayed update hassle. Like someone said, this is a splendid debut. Well done.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
I still don't understand why this thread hasn't made fp yet... undecided
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by nuwell(m): 6:04am On Jul 23, 2013
Ishilove: I still don't understand why this thread hasn't made fp yet... undecided

Its been there and back already.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
ninja4life: Lol 3 gboza to oga van.lmao

Lolz. Thanks bro...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
nu-well:
Walahi! Mr VanTee, this is an exquisite work. Well written with a great command of grammar (usually my disappointment with many good writers), enthralling plot, humour-laden, superbly articulated...

Concise, attention-grabbing and holding...

Fortunately, I could read everything at a go so I didn't experience the delayed update hassle. Like someone said, this is a splendid debut. Well done.

All these oyinbo for me alone eh? see me smiling from ear to ear... Thank you very much Mr Nu-well, I really appreciate this.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ishilove: I still don't understand why this thread hasn't made fp yet... undecided

It actually made fp some months ago...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by nuwell(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
VanTee20:

All these oyinbo for me alone eh? see me smiling from ear to ear... Thank you very much Mr Nu-well, I really appreciate this.

Just write more and I go sama you with plenty ogbonge girama!! grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
nu-well:

Just write more and I go sama you with plenty ogbonge girama!! grin grin

I'll definitely write more stories on this forum. Thanks sir grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Madawaki01(m): 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
because

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / The Diary / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.