Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop (13819 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by ijawcitizen(m): 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
Glory be to God for the Holy Spirit is at work in His Holy Church. Just that people blinded with hatred and jealousy won't see that. May God have mercy on you all.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by sylve11: 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
Terrible! all these happening in my beloveth church. embarassed embarassed embarassed cool
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
Where are bro Frosbel traducers? Frosbel is vindicated.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
Where are bro Frosbel traducers? Shame on them, Frosbel is vindicated.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by DrugDoc: 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
I wonder how many African Priests asses have been scattered by these "catholic men of God". Our boys are sent over Europe as priests and am not sure they are immune to these abuses. Will any come forward?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by patostation(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
Macky Nene: God please take care of ur church...May the faithfuls be lead through, Amen

Who tell you say Catholic Church na God church. To me, nothing differentiates this church from the one in ancient Pergamum (Rev 2:12,13) where Satan lives. The Bible warns: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins..." (Rev 18:4,5).
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Bmas01(m): 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
donez: I think its beta d start getin married..2 kip celibacy no easy, bodi no be firewood
christians and their WAHALA! Think twice coz when d truth prevail falsehood shall perish 4 falsehood is bound 2 perish.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Bmas01(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bawss1:

Was this not done a very long time ago when certain "deciding bodies" selected the 66 books that we now refer to as the Bible?
.while some agree with Bible which contain 73 books.anyway leave dem with there wahala thank GOD I'm a MUSLIM
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by ekwerendi(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
ok....to d front page
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by ndlife: 4:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
Busy I can't read all dis
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by TableLeg(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
More to come ...
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by ezewudo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
The church is going through trying time and by the grace of God she must come out victorious. Viva il Roman Catholica!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by bongila(f): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
Domino Effect!
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Britain's most senior Roman Catholic
cleric Cardinal Keith O'Brien just
resigned. It follows allegations of
inappropriate behaviour
towards priests dating from the 1980s.
This unending stories of the Church's sex abuse scandals is really sickening. I think
the new pope should create room for
married priests cos it's so annoying
especially when they are ruining young
boys' lives. And it's really stupid and
horrible for sworn celibates to behave thus. They force una go seminary
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by jamp: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
am not surprised at what is happening in the church. it has long be foretold that loss of true faith will start from the top.

the bible say the gates of hell shall not prevail meaning that all these happening are the forces of darkness(gates of hell)working

am a catholic and am not surprised

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by crackhouse(m): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
sure this one calls for gross misinterpretation on nairaland by nairalanders, i am not surprised at all. Oya, it's now time for y'all to speak your mind but remember to criticize wisely.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by FASTLINK1: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
justirich: Britain's most senior Roman Catholic
cleric Cardinal Keith O'Brien just
resigned. It follows allegations of
inappropriate behaviour
towards priests dating from the 1980s.
This unending stories of the Church's sex abuse scandals is really sickening. I think
the new pope should create room for
married priests cos it's so annoying
especially when they are ruining young
boys' lives. And it's really stupid and
horrible for sworn celibates to behave thus. They force una go seminary

There's nothing to create, it's what we called sacrifice and priesthood is not for everybody.

yes, in every twelve, there will be a Judas and to those pondering on issue of the forgiveness which church preaches, this has nothing to do with forgiveness, even if at all he's guilty as charged, it wouldn't prevent him from making heaven as judgment is left for God, remember, Moses offended God, hence did not make it to the promise land but that did not stop him from making heaven as was proved to us in the transfiguration of christ (Luke 9:27-36).

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Katier00(f): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
The pope has set a pace for others to fellow. The holy catholic church needs our prayers

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by clog(m): 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
nikejoy: God will forgive you
God should forgive us all. EVEN U.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
amarral: mind d way u talk especially against annointed men.leave dem in their mistakes n let God alone judge.

The only ANNOINTING i see here is the greasing of the bum hole of male kids and their fellow men with petroleum jellies.

Were they ordained to se.xually exploit their fellow men?were they ordained to se.xually abuse altar boys,mass servers and other vulnerable male children,that is evil.You mr amarral abi na immoral should speak out against such perversion in the churches.Men ordained to take care of their flock and preach the gospel have abandoned that.They should be stripped of their priestly robes and sent to jail.That is not what they were sent to seminary and theology schools to study.They should come out of the closet and practice homose.xuality instead of living false lives.

Any priest who practice such is not worthy of wearing that robe..

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
Rosie114:

may God have mercy on u.say wat u kno do not judge so that u ll not be judged. must you comment?

Must you also quote me and comment on this thread as well..

May God have mercy on you as well..

Maybe its a coincidence that i came across a gay seminarian whom i nearly sent to hell with a punch but its no coincidence that everytime we read about gay clergy men either in the pages of newspapers or online,nearly all of them are catholic priests.

speak out against the evil of homose.xualities in the churches.

Free your mind of bias and see those sheep in wolves skin for what they are.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Mishydoo(m): 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
Finally falling apart after years of bloodshed and hidden/covered up crimes...I believe d pope can't take more of it his concience Ȋ̝̊̅§ now at work!...the truth Ȋ̝̊̅§ gradually being revealed!...SMH Fø̲̣̣я̅ d ignorant followers!
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
gbosaa:

Must you also quote me and comment on this thread as well..

May God have mercy on you as well..

Maybe its a coincidence that i came across a gay seminarian whom i nearly sent to hell with a punch but its no coincidence that everytime we read about gay clergy men either in the pages of newspapers or online,nearly all of them are catholic priests.

speak out against the evil of homose.xualities in the churches.

Free your mind of bias and see those sheep in wolves skin for what they are.
these ppl are SHAMELESS, imagine someone defending all these abominations or is it abomicontinents?.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
FAST-LINK:

There's nothing to create, it's what we called sacrifice and priesthood is not for everybody.

yes, in every twelve, there will be a Judas and to those pondering on issue of the forgiveness which church preaches, this has nothing to do with forgiveness, even if at all he's guilty as charged, it wouldn't prevent him from making heaven as judgment is left for God, remember, Moses offended God, hence did not make it to the promise land but that did not stop him from making heaven as was proved to us in the transfiguration of christ (Luke 9:27-36).
dont defend bad thing, its a big disgrace. just pray for them.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
About 40 ppl viewing this thread and none dare to comment? It is well my rcc brethren.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by fridayman1: 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
this coming pope will be the last pope this organization will see. Jesus will come to take us away from so many darkness the organization has thrown the world into.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by whyom09: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
[quote author=Macky Nene]God please take care of ur church...May the faithfuls be lead through, Amen
[color=#000099][/color]
Amen!!!
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by prairie(f): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bmas01: .while some agree with Bible which contain 73 books.anyway leave dem with there wahala thank GOD I'm a MUSLIM
atleast our own wahala is not about bombing innocent people everyday or dressing women in garbage bags, I'm PROUD to be a CHRISTIAN
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by prairie(f): 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2013
He is closest to us in our time of distress, Y'all should know the church has experienced worse times and is still alive even after two thousand years, the gate of hell shall never prevail and the chaff of the church shall be removed and thrown away so y'all shouldnt worry. Pray for the body of christ. Btw no muslim should come and say any crap about being proud to be a muslim cause dats tantamount to saying u are proud of being part of a bombing squad. Peace
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by mikeuz(m): 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
Mishydoo: Finally falling apart after years of bloodshed and hidden/covered up crimes...I believe d pope can't take more of it his concience Ȋ̝̊̅§ now at work!...the truth Ȋ̝̊̅§ gradually being revealed!...SMH Fø̲̣̣я̅ d ignorant followers!

Mumu. Them tell you say na today the church begin get issues.read your bible even from the dayz of the apostles there has alwayz been one issue or the other threatening to disrupt the harmony and peace in the church . But the gate of hell will neva prevail.stay tuned and watch if this wont be sorted out soonest,that the beauty of the catholic church. Its not a mushroom church. And instead of you to serve your God the way he told you to,you are here judging and calling some people ignorant followers. BAISED mind,may God help you.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by tpia5: 1:22am On Feb 26, 2013
What we are all seeing is a slow war against religion and religious institutions. There is a battle for the soul of the church as pressure groups the world over are slowing trying to change the principles upon which the church is built.

i think you're somewhat right.

there's a wave of change sweeping over europe,and soon to reach the rest of the western hemisphere, not sure its for the best but lord have mercy sha.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by league11(m): 3:00am On Feb 26, 2013
ARE THESE NOT D ACCLAIMED SAINTS SELECTED BY D HOLY SPIRIT? IS THIS D EXPECTED MANIFESTATIONS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OR HAVE WE BELIEVED A COVERED LIES? AM SURE MORE SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED AND MORE RESIGNATIONS WILL BE TABLED AS D DRAMA CONTINUES. UNFORTUNATELY SOME BLIND AND IGNORANT RELIGIONIST WILL STILL PREFER TO DEFEND RELIGION THAN FACE D FACT. "A NOTORIOUS/POPULATED RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION WILL PRODUCE ANTI-CHRIST" THEIR TARGET IS TO FORM ONE WORLD GOVT FROM WHERE ANTI-CHRIST WILL RULE D WORLD. AT FIRST THEY DENIED HER MEMBERS ACCESS TO BIBLE AND ONLY TEACH COVERED LIES WITH FAKE DOCTRINES UNTIL GOD OPENED D EYES OF MARTIN LUTHER. HOW LONG WILL THESE WOLVES IN SHEEP SKIN CONTINUE TO COVER THE TRUTH? MOST OF EVIL THINGS HAPPENING IN D WORLD TODAY(GAY MARRIAGE, TRANSGENDER, SEX WITH TOY AND ANIMAL) WAS ORIGINATED BY THIS ASSOCIATION. THEY INTRODUCED MILLIONS OF INNOCENT YOUNG BOYS INTO D ACT OF SODOM, THIS YOUNG BOYS WENT WILD ADVENTURING INTO D ACT IN MORE ADVANCED AND CIVILIZED FASHION. I LIVE IN BRAZIL AND I CAN TELL FROM WHAT I'M SEEING DAILY IN D STREET THAT ANTI-CHRIST IS ALREADY IN TOWN AND MANY ARE BEEN DECEIVED IN THE NAME OF RELIGION AND CIVILIZATION. BUT WHAT IF WE WAKE UP TOMORROW AND DISCOVERED THAT WHAT WE HAVE RELIGIOUSLY BELIEVED ALL THIS WHILE IS A COVERED LIE? DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS NO RELIGION OR ORGANIZATION IN HEAVEN? WE SHOULD HAVE MIND INDEPENDENCE NOW AND LIVE ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TEACHINGS AND PRINCIPLES OF BIBLE. WE SHOULD NOT DEPEND ONLY ON WHAT PEOPLE TOLD US, WE SHOULD PERSONALLY MAKE A RESEARCH TO KNOW IF WE ARE STANDING RIGHT (HEBREWS 5:12-14,2 TIMOTHY 2:15). D DAYS ARE TRULY EVIL AND D END TIME MIGHT NOT BE FAR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti / Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / Prophet Muhammad Prophesied In Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.