Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop (13820 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by league11(m): 3:10am On Feb 26, 2013
mikeuz:

Mumu. Them tell you say na today the church begin get issues.read your bible even from the dayz of the apostles there has alwayz been one issue or the other threatening to disrupt the harmony and peace in the church . But the gate of hell will neva prevail.stay tuned and watch if this wont be sorted out soonest,that the beauty of the catholic church. Its not a mushroom church. And instead of you to serve your God the way he told you to,you are here judging and calling some people ignorant followers. BAISED mind,may God help you.

CALLING SOMEONE MUMU FOR AIRING HIS OPINION SHOWS THAT U ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN(CHRIST LIKE) BUT TRULY AN IGNORANT FOLLOWER TRYING TO DEFEND WHAT U BELIEVE

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by teniyi(m): 5:52am On Feb 26, 2013
Man-god worshippers! Shame on you all.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by tesmony(m): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2013
why u no go shutup and mind ur own business.the work of God no by force na him make dem the resign i did u self also get something to hide or becos u ar yet to discovered
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2013
gbosaa: Whats with catholic priests and homo-se.x scandals...dem swear for them??with all the sweet and nourishing punnies everywhere,its always priests and alter boys or priests vs priests.why is always oyibo priests involved abi sahara reporters never ready to expose the ones down here in naija...

~Bluetooth:

The cardinal was named Bigot of the Year last year by gay rights charity Stonewall for his stance on gay marriage.

Gbosaaaa,Its seems the above grammer (bigot)confused your already overworked medula....... It simply means he is intolerant to gay right....
Contrary to what u think, the catholic church is been critisized for their tough stance against Homosexuality....
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
league11: ARE THESE NOT D ACCLAIMED SAINTS SELECTED BY D HOLY SPIRIT? IS THIS D EXPECTED MANIFESTATIONS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OR HAVE WE BELIEVED A COVERED LIES? AM SURE MORE SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED AND MORE RESIGNATIONS WILL BE TABLED AS D DRAMA CONTINUES. UNFORTUNATELY SOME BLIND RELIGIONIST WILL STILL PREFER TO DEFEND RELIGION THAN FACE D FACT. IT'S A WORLD POPULATED RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION THAT WILL PRODUCE ANTI-CHRIST SO THAT IT WILL BE EASY FOR THEM TO FORM ONE GOVT N RULE D WORLD. AT FIRST THEY DENIED HER MEMBERS ACCESS TO BIBLE AND ONLY TEACH COVERED LIES WITH FAKE DOCTRINES UNTIL GOD OPENED D EYES OF MARTIN LUTHER. MOST OF EVIL THINGS HAPPENING IN D WORLD TODAY(GAY MARRIAGE, TRANSGENDER, SEX WITH TOY AND ANIMAL) WAS ORIGINATED BY THIS ASSOCIATION. THEY INTRODUCED MILLIONS OF INNOCENT YOUNG MEN INTO ACT OF SODOM, AND THIS YOUNG MEN WENT WILD ADVENTURING INTO D ACT IN MORE ADVANCED AND CIVILIZED FASHION. I LIVE IN BRAZIL AND I CAN TELL FROM WHAT I'M SEEING DAILY IN D STREET THAT ANTI-CHRIST IS ALREADY IN TOWN AND MANY ARE BEEN DECEIVED IN THE NAME OF RELIGION AND CIVILIZATION. BUT WHAT IF WE WAKE UP TOMORROW AND DISCOVERED THAT WHAT WE HAVE RELIGIOUSLY BELIEVED ALL THIS WHILE IS A COVERED LIE? DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS NO RELIGION OR ORGANIZATION IN HEAVEN? WE SHOULD HAVE MIND INDEPENDENCE NOW AND LIVE ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TEACHINGS AND PRINCIPLES OF BIBLE. WE SHOULD NOT DEPEND ONLY ON WHAT PEOPLE TOLD US, WE SHOULD PERSONALLY MAKE A RESEARCH TO KNOW IF WE ARE STANDING RIGHT (HEBREWS 5:12-14,2 TIMOTHY 2:15). D DAYS ARE TRULY EVIL AND D END TIME MIGHT NOT BE FAR
God bless you
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
league11: ARE THESE NOT D ACCLAIMED SAINTS SELECTED BY D HOLY SPIRIT? IS THIS D EXPECTED MANIFESTATIONS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OR HAVE WE BELIEVED A COVERED LIES? AM SURE MORE SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED AND MORE RESIGNATIONS WILL BE TABLED AS D DRAMA CONTINUES. UNFORTUNATELY SOME BLIND RELIGIONIST WILL STILL PREFER TO DEFEND RELIGION THAN FACE D FACT. IT'S A WORLD POPULATED RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION THAT WILL PRODUCE ANTI-CHRIST SO THAT IT WILL BE EASY FOR THEM TO FORM ONE GOVT N RULE D WORLD. AT FIRST THEY DENIED HER MEMBERS ACCESS TO BIBLE AND ONLY TEACH COVERED LIES WITH FAKE DOCTRINES UNTIL GOD OPENED D EYES OF MARTIN LUTHER. MOST OF EVIL THINGS HAPPENING IN D WORLD TODAY(GAY MARRIAGE, TRANSGENDER, SEX WITH TOY AND ANIMAL) WAS ORIGINATED BY THIS ASSOCIATION. THEY INTRODUCED MILLIONS OF INNOCENT YOUNG MEN INTO ACT OF SODOM, AND THIS YOUNG MEN WENT WILD ADVENTURING INTO D ACT IN MORE ADVANCED AND CIVILIZED FASHION. I LIVE IN BRAZIL AND I CAN TELL FROM WHAT I'M SEEING DAILY IN D STREET THAT ANTI-CHRIST IS ALREADY IN TOWN AND MANY ARE BEEN DECEIVED IN THE NAME OF RELIGION AND CIVILIZATION. BUT WHAT IF WE WAKE UP TOMORROW AND DISCOVERED THAT WHAT WE HAVE RELIGIOUSLY BELIEVED ALL THIS WHILE IS A COVERED LIE? DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS NO RELIGION OR ORGANIZATION IN HEAVEN? WE SHOULD HAVE MIND INDEPENDENCE NOW AND LIVE ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TEACHINGS AND PRINCIPLES OF BIBLE. WE SHOULD NOT DEPEND ONLY ON WHAT PEOPLE TOLD US, WE SHOULD PERSONALLY MAKE A RESEARCH TO KNOW IF WE ARE STANDING RIGHT (HEBREWS 5:12-14,2 TIMOTHY 2:15). D DAYS ARE TRULY EVIL AND D END TIME MIGHT NOT BE FAR
God bless you
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by creativemusic: 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by creativemusic: 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by try69: 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
i feel o'brien is being targeted because he has always been outright and very much outspoken about the church's teachings on abortion,euthanasia(ending ones life to relieve pain being suffered) and homosexuality. The three priests who accused him are anonymous and their stories that dates back to the 80's when o'brien was still only a seminarian or a new priest, holds no water-at least from what one reads in the news.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Mishydoo(m): 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
league11:

CALLING SOMEONE MUMU FOR AIRING HIS OPINION SHOWS THAT U ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN(CHRIST LIKE) BUT TRULY AN IGNORANT FOLLOWER TRYING TO DEFEND WHAT U BELIEVE

Dnt blame him,Maybe dats d way he waz taught to be ɑ christian!his full-blown ignorance is glaring!
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 27, 2013
brosss:

Gbosaaaa,Its seems the above grammer (bigot)confused your already overworked medula....... It simply means he is intolerant to gay right....
Contrary to what u think, the catholic church is been critisized for their tough stance against Homosexuality....

Go back to the story and read it again,some priests accused this man of 'inappropriate approach/contact',those priests were catholic church priests.Im not against cardinal Keith or catholic church but against those individual priests who tarnish the image of the church.

The accusations made against O'brien were from catholic clergy men/seminarians..so its either those people were lying or O'brien is a hypocrite.He might be voted bigot of the year but those accusations and certain conflicting stories about his conducts are strong enough for him to sue those people and clear his name from the mess.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
gbosaa:

Go back to the story and read it again,some priests accused this man of 'inappropriate approach/contact',those priests were catholic church priests.Im not against cardinal Keith or catholic church but against those individual priests who tarnish the image of the church.

The accusations made against O'brien were from catholic clergy men/seminarians..so its either those people were lying or O'brien is a hypocrite.He might be voted bigot of the year but those accusations and certain conflicting stories about his conducts are strong enough for him to sue those people and clear his name from the mess.

Mybe a good definition of inappropriate by these faceless priest will help clear the air...... Remember Jesus was called belzebub. And Joseph was branded molester when he was the one been molested.. God help us all
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by seyibrown(f): 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
[size=16pt]LUKE 8: 17

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.
[/size]

cool cool

Father, every place where the devil hides to abuse children and women, continue to expose those places. Every network of child abuse, be exposed. Every network of sekzual slavery hiding behind the name of Jesus, be exposed In Jesus' name. cool cool
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 1:37am On Feb 28, 2013
Card. O'Brien submitted his resignation last year around nov, dec. The resignation recently took effect, card. retire at d age of 75 o'brien will be 75 this march which means he is ripe for retirement.
As for d alledged inappropriete behaviour i'll love to watch what happens.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 1:42am On Feb 28, 2013
justirich: Britain's most senior Roman Catholic
cleric Cardinal Keith O'Brien just
resigned. It follows allegations of
inappropriate behaviour
towards priests dating from the 1980s.
This unending stories of the Church's sex abuse scandals is really sickening. I think
the new pope should create room for
married priests cos it's so annoying
especially when they are ruining young
boys' lives. And it's really stupid and
horrible for sworn celibates to behave thus. They force una go seminary
good question, nobody force dem go seminary and as for married priest there are many married priests in the catholic church.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 1:47am On Feb 28, 2013
Mishydoo: Finally falling apart after years of bloodshed and hidden/covered up crimes...I believe d pope can't take more of it his concience Ȋ̝̊̅§ now at work!...the truth Ȋ̝̊̅§ gradually being revealed!...SMH Fø̲̣̣я̅ d ignorant followers!
hahaha, falling apart? Where did u get that one from? If d sins of men can fall d catholic church, it would have happen years ago. The crisis will pass, lessons will be learn and the church will b healed
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 1:48am On Feb 28, 2013
christemmbassey: dont defend bad thing, its a big disgrace. just pray for them.
actually he didnt defend anything!
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 1:58am On Feb 28, 2013
league11: ARE THESE NOT D ACCLAIMED SAINTS SELECTED BY D HOLY SPIRIT? IS THIS D EXPECTED MANIFESTATIONS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OR HAVE WE BELIEVED A COVERED LIES?
what does this mean? A cardinal was accused some months after he sued for retirement and u are busy talking about "holyspirit appointed saint". My dear it seems u have already passed judgement
AM SURE MORE SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED AND MORE RESIGNATIONS WILL BE TABLED AS D DRAMA CONTINUES. UNFORTUNATELY SOME BLIND AND IGNORANT RELIGIONIST WILL STILL PREFER TO DEFEND RELIGION THAN FACE D FACT. "A NOTORIOUS/POPULATED RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION WILL PRODUCE ANTI-CHRIST" THEIR TARGET IS TO FORM ONE WORLD GOVT FROM WHERE ANTI-CHRIST WILL RULE D WORLD. AT FIRST THEY DENIED HER MEMBERS ACCESS TO BIBLE AND ONLY TEACH COVERED LIES WITH FAKE DOCTRINES UNTIL GOD OPENED D EYES OF MARTIN LUTHER. HOW LONG WILL THESE WOLVES IN SHEEP SKIN CONTINUE TO COVER THE TRUTH? MOST OF EVIL THINGS HAPPENING IN D WORLD TODAY(GAY MARRIAGE, TRANSGENDER, SEX WITH TOY AND ANIMAL) WAS ORIGINATED BY THIS ASSOCIATION. THEY INTRODUCED MILLIONS OF INNOCENT YOUNG BOYS INTO D ACT OF SODOM, THIS YOUNG BOYS WENT WILD ADVENTURING INTO D ACT IN MORE ADVANCED AND CIVILIZED FASHION.
i think u should go do a little study! Ur idea that d church hid d bible is a myth! And incase u don't know homosexuality existed before xtianity
I LIVE IN BRAZIL AND I CAN TELL FROM WHAT I'M SEEING DAILY IN D STREET THAT ANTI-CHRIST IS ALREADY IN TOWN AND MANY ARE BEEN DECEIVED IN THE NAME OF RELIGION AND CIVILIZATION. BUT WHAT IF WE WAKE UP TOMORROW AND DISCOVERED THAT WHAT WE HAVE RELIGIOUSLY BELIEVED ALL THIS WHILE IS A COVERED LIE? DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS NO RELIGION OR ORGANIZATION IN HEAVEN? WE SHOULD HAVE MIND INDEPENDENCE NOW AND LIVE ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TEACHINGS AND PRINCIPLES OF BIBLE. WE SHOULD NOT DEPEND ONLY ON WHAT PEOPLE TOLD US, WE SHOULD PERSONALLY MAKE A RESEARCH TO KNOW IF WE ARE STANDING RIGHT (HEBREWS 5:12-14,2 TIMOTHY 2:15). D DAYS ARE TRULY EVIL AND D END TIME MIGHT NOT BE FAR
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 2:02am On Feb 28, 2013
brosss:

of recent d gay group simply tag u as bigot once u oppose them, there is no intolerance in d card. Views
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 2:04am On Feb 28, 2013
seyibrown: [size=16pt]LUKE 8: 17

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.
[/size]

cool cool

Father, every place where the devil hides to abuse children and women, continue to expose those places. Every network of child abuse, be exposed. Every network of sekzual slavery hiding behind the name of Jesus, be exposed In Jesus' name. cool cool
amen
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 2:10am On Feb 28, 2013
gbosaa:

the story is clear 3 anonymous priest and one ex-priest has laid formal ecclesiatical complaint against card O'brien for inappropriete behaviour/contact that the alledge happened in the 1980s about 30yrs ago at that time all concerned were young adults which begs the question, why wait 30yrs and watch d alledged evil become bishop, archbishop and card before bringing d case to light?
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: the story is clear 3 anonymous priest and one ex-priest has laid formal ecclesiatical complaint against card O'brien for inappropriete behaviour/contact that the alledge happened in the 1980s about 30yrs ago at that time all concerned were young adults which begs the question, why wait 30yrs and watch d alledged evil become bishop, archbishop and card before bringing d case to light?
I have said it b4, and will say it again. DONT SUPPORT A BAD THING, even if it happened 10k yrs ago, a bad thing is a bad thing.BIBLE SAYS, 'THESE THINGS' should not even be mentioned among us. Those involved need ur prayers and not ur defence. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by try69: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
christemmbassey: I have said it b4, and will say it again. DONT SUPPORT A BAD THING, even if it happened 10k yrs ago, a bad thing is a bad thing.BIBLE SAYS, 'THESE THINGS' should not even be mentioned among us. Those involved need ur prayers and not ur defence. Thank you.
Oga please also remember to pray for mr chris who encouraged self servicing.. sad #carryanothermanheadache
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mr christembassy i no support any bad thn at all, i simply said d situation begs d question, why wait 4 30yrs to elapse b4 reporting him.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
try69:
Oga please also remember to pray for mr chris who encouraged self servicing.. sad #carryanothermanheadache
i am christ's emm bassey, sorry i dont knowany mr chris, i will call a thief a thief even if he wears casock, pls dont defend a bad thing, and i refuse to believe that the rcc supports what he's been acused of and ur defence is a wrong signal in a wrong direction. God bless.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: Mr christembassy i no support any bad thn at all, i simply said d situation begs d question, why wait 4 30yrs to elapse b4 reporting him.
but the nuncio did not think so and am sure he knows what he is doing.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nuncio does not have a choice, he is duty bound to take whatever they reported and channel it to d right authority. He isnt even suppose to ask questions. But d situation is there 4 all to see. D accusations only surface 30yrs after d incident! If their accusation is true, then they had d opportunity of reporting d guy yrs ago and make sure he didnt try d nonsense with others.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by try69: 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
christemmbassey: i am christ's emm bassey, sorry i dont knowany mr chris, i will call a thief a thief even if he wears casock, pls dont defend a bad thing, and i refuse to believe that the rcc supports what he's been acused of and ur defence is a wrong signal in a wrong direction. God bless.

O'brien's being targeted for his outspoken nature on topics like Homosexuality, abortion and euthanasia. Anonymous people with stories of incidents past 30 yrs old sparks suspicion abi?
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by seyibrown(f): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
[size=14pt]News Update - O'Brien apologizes for his conduct!

[b] Cardinal Keith O'Brien has admitted that there have been times when his sekzual conduct "fell beneath expected standards".

The 74-year resigned as Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh last week over allegations of improper behaviour up to 30 years ago.

In a statement issued by the Catholic Church in Scotland, he said: "In recent days certain allegations which have been made against me have become public. Initially, their anonymous and non-specific nature led me to contest them.

"However, I wish to take this opportunity to admit that there have been times that my sekzual conduct has fallen below the standards expected of me as a priest, archbishop and cardinal.

"To those I have offended, I apologise and ask forgiveness.

"To the Catholic Church and people of Scotland, I also apologise.

"I will now spend the rest of my life in retirement. I will play no further part in the public life of the Catholic Church in Scotland."
[/b] [/size]

See link here: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cardinal-sexual-conduct-fell-below-standards-173436873.html
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by seyibrown(f): 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^ When we refuse to yield to the Holy Spirit and godly doctrine in private, we get rewarded for our deeds in public, here on earth before judgement day! I pray he God forgives him and that the victims find healing.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 1:55am On Mar 04, 2013
seyibrown: ^^^ When we refuse to yield to the Holy Spirit and godly doctrine in private, we get rewarded for our deeds in public, here on earth before judgement day! I pray he God forgives him and that the victims find healing.
shame on all the supporters of evil, and i pray God forgive him.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 1:56am On Mar 04, 2013
The news is legit, he apologised on sunday for been a hypocrite and asks for forgivenes.
Dear lord, save me from d sin of hypocrisy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti / Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / Prophet Muhammad Prophesied In Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.