Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop (13818 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 1:59am On Mar 04, 2013
Christemmbassy, who come b d supporter of evil??
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by italo: 2:42am On Mar 04, 2013
Jesus must terribly dislike hypocrites...you just have to read Matt. 23 to see this.

...But a contrite and repentant heart, he will never turn away.

Cardinal O'Brein (if truly repentant) might just have had his sins washed away and on his way to heaven... Perhaps, his shame now is part of his penance, purification and temporal punishment.

Remember the thief on the cross! He was a grevious sinner...but not a hypocrite...And he is in heaven.

Remember the Pharisees! They were sinners but pretended to be righteous...they are most likely in hell.

Matt 23:13,15: 13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. YOU YOURSELVES DO NOT ENTER, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

15 Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a CHILD OF HELL AS YOU ARE."
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Ubenedictus(m): 2:55am On Mar 04, 2013
italo: Jesus must terribly dislike hypocrites...you just have to read Matt. 23 to see this.

...But a contrite and repentant heart, he will never turn away.

Cardinal O'Brein (if truly repentant) might just have had his sins washed away and on his way to heaven... Perhaps, his shame now is part of his penance, purification and temporal punishment.

Remember the thief on the cross! He was a grevious sinner...but not a hypocrite...And he is in heaven.

Remember the Pharisees! They were sinners but pretended to be righteous...they are most likely in hell.

Matt 23:13,15: 13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. YOU YOURSELVES DO NOT ENTER, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

15 Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a CHILD OF HELL AS YOU ARE."
yeah, if he is repentant he may have opened a great gateway of grace for himself.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: Christemmbassy, who come b d supporter of evil??
all d rcc members who shamelessly defended this evil just because d culprit was a cardinal in rcc, 4 me, i will reject evil even if commited by my papa, now where dem go put face? , that man is not just any christian but head of rcc in England or is it Scotland? Well trained and groomed, a potential pope, only God knows y the former pope resigned. God forgive them.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 04, 2013
christemmbassey: all d rcc members who shamelessly defended this evil just because d culprit was a cardinal in rcc, 4 me, i will reject evil even if commited by my papa, now where dem go put face? , that man is not just any christian but head of rcc in England or is it Scotland? Well trained and groomed, a potential pope, only God knows y the former pope resigned. God forgive them.

Do you mind naming those of the rcc members who defended this evil
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by italo: 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

Yes, I also want to know them so that I can join you in condemning their actions.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

may God forgive them. Amen
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

pls go through this thread and sef for urself. Am nöt against anybody but its s6 disgusting to see what ppl posted in support this evil.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by italo: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
christemmbassey: pls go through this thread and sef for urself. Am nöt against anybody but its s6 disgusting to see what ppl posted in support this evil.

First you said "all the RCC members who shamelessly defended this evil just because the culprit was a cardinal in RCC..."

Now you can't show us a single quote by a single Catholic defending the cardinal's action.

What kind of people are we living with?!
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
try69: i feel o'brien is being targeted because he has always been outright and very much outspoken about the church's teachings on abortion,euthanasia(ending ones life to relieve pain being suffered) and homosexuality. The three priests who accused him are anonymous and their stories that dates back to the 80's when o'brien was still only a seminarian or a new priest, holds no water-at least from what one reads in the news.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
try69:

O'brien's being targeted for his outspoken nature on topics like Homosexuality, abortion and euthanasia. Anonymous people with stories of incidents past 30 yrs old sparks suspicion abi?
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by italo: 11:35am On Mar 05, 2013
So this is what you mean by:
christemmbassey: all d rcc members who shamelessly defended this evil

How is that poster defending the "EVIL" (sexual misconduct)?

He is essentially saying: 'he thinks Cardinal O'Brein did no such thing. He might be wrong (afterall, O'Brein has admitted) but he never defended the EVIL.

You too have some apologizing and/or recanting to do.
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by try69: 7:27am On Mar 06, 2013
@christembassey
you quoted a sentence and removed the main part....smh
That's how you judge people too
Leave judgement to God
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by christemmbassey(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
try69: @christembassey
you quoted a sentence and removed the main part....smh
That's how you judge people too
Leave judgement to God
bro i clicked quote and what you saw came up, so i dont understand what u mean by the above, but if u mean by dat posts u didnt support the former card, my apologies. God blesr
Re: Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop by try69: 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
christemmbassey: bro i clicked quote and what you saw came up, so i dont understand what u mean by the above, but if u mean by dat posts u didnt support the former card, my apologies. God blesr
You quoted me a second time removing the "I feel" part which outrightly changed the dimension of my statement..That being said, I still say we should let God judge and stop playing God's role.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti / Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / Prophet Muhammad Prophesied In Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.