Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex (31431 Views)

Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Sprumbaba: 5:20am On Apr 25, 2013
brabus:

Here is the good plan. Very functional layout.

@ Brabus, You no dey sleep?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2013
Sprumbaba:

@ Brabus, You no dey sleep?

I do but you don't want to give a job to a man who's lazy. Honestly, I don't want to give my money to a man who can't do a job better than me.

It must be felt, not only seen.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
brabus:

I do but you don't want to give a job to a man who's lazy. Honestly, I don't want to give my money to a man who can't do a job better than me.

It must be felt, not only seen.

You are the MAN, Brabus.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by OilSubsidy: 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Thanks Brabus. That plan makes a lot of sense. very portable. I wonder how the finishing will look like.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by gldwd: 12:42am On Apr 26, 2013
smiley
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 5:47am On Apr 26, 2013
Progress

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:55am On Apr 26, 2013
brabus: Progress

Una welldone for here o grin Guy, you dey owe me one bottle of something for the washing of something o grin
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:35am On Apr 26, 2013
spyder880:

Una welldone for here o grin Guy, you dey owe me one bottle of something for the washing of something o grin

Sure! We thank God for safe landing. Abi na safe delivery?
I dey always pray for project like this. The clients are very good and supportive all through. We weren't under any pressure and we are given free hand to do our job.

Abi una never come across such situation?
Not so many clients would allow you to do that. Many of the clients are OVERSABI! Jide used half bag of cement to build his house, why are you using 1 bag?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:36am On Apr 26, 2013
Our Project

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:16am On Apr 26, 2013
brabus:

Sure! We thank God for safe landing. Abi na safe delivery?
I dey always pray for project like this. The clients are very good and supportive all through. We weren't under any pressure and we are given free hand to do our job.

Abi una never come across such situation?
Not so many clients would allow you to do that. Many of the clients are OVERSABI! Jide used half bag of cement to build his house, why are you using 1 bag?

Yes I have come across such many timesgrin
You cant believe the drama last year, a client was supposed to pay into my account for the start of a project, he called me in the morning and told me he was waiting in the market for us to buy the items we planned I will buy. I played along despite the sudden change of plans. In the end he spent 30% above budget on the foundation stage, he regretted it and wanted to pay in the rest of the money but I told him not to, as I was moving to Ebonyi.
I try to dodge a lot of jobs these days to stay cool. But some clients are also very nice, my client in Ebonyi is a perfect gentleman, plus the Oga we are doing his work now.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by jaydacorsair: 11:11am On Apr 26, 2013
brabus: Our Project

please boss what is the budget of this project from foundation to finishing?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
jaydacorsair:

please boss what is the budget of this project from foundation to finishing?

Carcass only - N17m
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Sprumbaba: 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
brabus:

Carcass only - N17m
In terms of Carcass, what does that include?
Does it include plastering, tiling, plumbing, electrical fittings, painting, toilet-wares, cabinets/kitchen appliances, pop ceiling, compound floor?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
Foundation - Roofing
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by spyder880(m): 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
brabus:

Carcass only - N17m

Thats a good one, the size of that house is massive.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
Interior Finishes on my mind.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by jaydacorsair: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
brabus:

Carcass only - N17m

you mean with plastering?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
brabus: Interior Finishes on my mind.

First of all, when you say 17m, let them know its for the twin duplex...hope am right....

Meanwhile, what do you know about vaulted wood ceilings, extent of use in Nigeria, its suitability for this clime, the attendant cost if one decides to go for it and available expertise to handle it....I know I've seen it in some churches and homes in the countryside...some not vaulted though but just plain wood.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
Jamesqu:

First of all, when you say 17m, let them know its for the twin duplex...hope am right....

Meanwhile, what do you know about vaulted wood ceilings, extent of use in Nigeria, its suitability for this clime, the attendant cost if one decides to go for it and available expertise to handle it....I know I've seen it in some churches and homes in the countryside...some not vaulted though but just plain wood.

Vaulted wood ceiling is what we installed on the unit beside the current project. I'm not on site at the moment, I'd have shown your pics. We have experts handling the installation.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 6:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
brabus:

Vaulted wood ceiling is what we installed on the unit beside the current project. I'm not on site at the moment, I'd have shown your pics. We have experts handling the installation.

Okay, will wait till Monday to see what u did...however u didn't address the cost issue in relation to pvc, pop or the forbidden absetos...
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
Jamesqu:

Okay, will wait till Monday to see what u did...however u didn't address the cost issue in relation to pvc, pop or the forbidden absetos...

It's more expensive. What we did was just on the external part of the building (terraces and porch). POP ceiling was used in the internal parts.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 6:22am On Apr 28, 2013
brabus:

It's more expensive. What we did was just on the external part of the building (terraces and porch). POP ceiling was used in the internal parts.

Can you put some hypothetical figures to it, say PVC is x then POP is 1.5x and Vaulted Wood is 10x...like that for the same sqmetres area...?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
Coffered Ceiling Imitation using POP ceiling at Chateau de Brabus.

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by automaticcars: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
@brabus

There is something that sets you apart from everyone else. Oti yato ju! You are just the best, followed by the rest in distance second.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
brabus: Coffered Ceiling Imitation using POP ceiling at Chateau de Brabus.

Brabus.
DAMN! What the....? This is what I call finishing. My God, that ceiling and the color is amazing.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
Jamesqu:

Can you put some hypothetical figures to it, say PVC is x then POP is 1.5x and Vaulted Wood is 10x...like that for the same sqmetres area...?

PVC - N1300 - 1500 per sqm
POP - N2100 - N2500 per sqm
Vaulted/Coffered Ceiling (wood) - N15,000 per sqm
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
brabus: Coffered Ceiling Imitation using POP ceiling at Chateau de Brabus.
shocked are u telling me that first pisho is of le chateau de brabus a shaggy?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Chekitaut: 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
These names Spyder880, brabus, Junapril, Aventure, segcy.moor, Chekitaut will be a relief to builder.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
brabus:

PVC - N1300 - 1500 per sqm
POP - N2100 - N2500 per sqm
Vaulted/Coffered Ceiling (wood) - N15,000 per sqm

Chineke God of Umahia!
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
automaticcars: @brabus

There is something that sets you apart from everyone else. Oti yato ju! You are just the best, followed by the rest in distance second.

mufutau55:

Brabus.
DAMN! What the....? This is what I call finishing. My God, that ceiling and the color is amazing.

Hajji Mufutau

Not everybody wants to live in the same house, so i'm simply offering my clients a choice. I believe in designing and building homes with character, which is a hallmark of modern designs.

Thanks for your support at all times. You inspired us to do more.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
Jamesqu:
shocked are u telling me that first pisho is of le chateau de brabus a shaggy?

The 2nd pisho is a work in progress at Chateau de Brabus. It's actually an imitation of the 1st pisho

The wrought iron works are also ongoing.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
brabus:

The 2nd pisho is a work in progress at Chateau de Brabus. It's actually an imitation of the 1st pisho

The wrought iron works are also ongoing.

I sure will like to see the finished product...with all these talk about pvc long term effect on health, we may be going back to wood soon...or what do you think...I saw pop installation process at an hotel gym recently and I wasn't impressed, the particles from the work was all over the place and I'll bet top dollar that it would be dangerful for inhalation....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

R Of O And C Of O. What's The Difference ? / Ikoyi Collapsed Building: 15 Floors Was Approved But Owner Built 21 – Agency / Sure and better deals...bend Down And Select!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.