Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex (31418 Views)

Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Oga Brabus.. Is the parapet used here or a precast? I am trying to see the physical/facial difference between the two.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
mufutau55: Oga Brabus.. Is the parapet used here or a precast? I am trying to see the physical/facial difference between the two.

Hajji Mufutau

What we have here is a parapet and not a pre-cast concrete. It may be near impossible to spot the difference. In fact, precast concrete fascia have better finish than most parapet designs.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by kopell: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
@Brabus can you please show us the pictures of parapet and precast parapet. I notice some difference between the way you construct your parapet and that of Oga Spyder. Your parapet designs look's smaller, is the parapet used in your ajah site a precast?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
brabus:

What we have here is a parapet and not a pre-cast concrete. It may be near impossible to spot the difference. In fact, precast concrete fascia have better finish than most parapet designs.

Thank you. What is the cost difference? Up to 50%?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
mufutau55:

Thank you. What is the cost difference? Up to 50%?

Hajji Mufutau

Could be lesser than 50% depending on installer
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
brabus:

Could be lesser than 50% depending on installer.

Thanks for your usual and helpful information.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
Rendering work (ongoing)

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
Just the way I want it!

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by gmiky: 12:41am On Sep 03, 2013
Oga Brabus: I sent you an email, kindly check your gmail....
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 5:08am On Sep 03, 2013
gmiky: Oga Brabus: I sent you an email, kindly check your gmail....

I've just replied your mail. Thanks for your time on this thread.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Rickyolu(m): 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
I'm new to this tread but have learnt a whole lot. Thanks a million @Brabus. Hope to continuing visiting.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ricky_olu: I'm new to this tread but have learnt a whole lot. Thanks a million @Brabus. Hope to continuing visiting.

Regardless of people might have said/saying.. I still love my Brabus.
"Let Them Say" borrowed from King Sunny Ade.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ricky_olu: I'm new to this tread but have learnt a whole lot. Thanks a million @Brabus. Hope to continuing visiting.

Thanks for your time on this thread. Please pass it on. Spread the good news by clicking on the recommend button below to share this link on your Facebook timeline. A New Nigeria is Possible!

4 Likes

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:54am On Sep 10, 2013
Rendering 75% loading...

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:28am On Sep 10, 2013
and now

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
brabus: Rendering 75% loading...

Nice building, well done, Oga Brabus.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by bebe2(f): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
pls moderator pardon me, i dnt intend derailing the thread,

can someone pls help me, with the cost of lintel on a twin one bedroom flat.

size is 16 by 35ft.

tnks
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by RowXman: 11:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hi Brabus,
To build a typical 4 flats, 2 on the ground floor and 2 on the first floor, all ensuite, like how much am I looking at to complete it, and can you please break the money into percentage as follow:
1. Foudation
2. Block work to roof
3. Roof
4. Soak away
5. Finishes (plastering, plumbing, electricals, kitchens, flooring, furnitures, painting)
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 4:52am On Sep 11, 2013
bebe2: pls moderator pardon me, i dnt intend derailing the thread,

can someone pls help me, with the cost of lintel on a twin one bedroom flat.

size is 16 by 35ft.

tnks

I've replied you on your thread. Thanks
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 4:58am On Sep 11, 2013
Row Xman: Hi Brabus,
To build a typical 4 flats, 2 on the ground floor and 2 on the first floor, all ensuite, like how much am I looking at to complete it, and can you please break the money into percentage as follow:
1. Foudation
2. Block work to roof
3. Roof
4. Soak away
5. Finishes (plastering, plumbing, electricals, kitchens, flooring, furnitures, painting)

Your build cost is dependent on the following factors:

1. Building Size and Design
2. Site Topography
3. Soil Condition
4. Finishing materials (standard, mid-range, or luxury)
5. Location/Proximity to building material market
6. Build route (contractor managed or DIY)

If you can provide a more detailed explanation, then I can forward to your email an estimate with at least 5 - 8% margin of error.

Thank you.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by RowXman: 3:46am On Sep 12, 2013
See below

Your build cost is dependent on the following factors:

1. Building Size and Design: 28.725m by 11.325 m
2. Site Topography: Flat Land
3. Soil Condition: It is a dry land
4. Finishing materials (standard, mid-range, or luxury): Mid range
5. Location/Proximity to building material market: It is Oko Adamo, not far from Ikorodu
6. Build route (contractor managed or DIY): Give me both estimates

rajwasolad@yahoo.com

If you can provide a more detailed explanation, then I can forward to your email an estimate with at least 5 - 8% margin of error.

Thank you.
[/quote]
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2013
Please expect a mail from me soon.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Rendering now completed. We are moving to the next phase "Accesorizing the House"

Picture update to follow soon.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by oladele007: 7:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
nice work Oga Brabus.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mcdanuld: 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
dannydolly: Contact us today for your Stucco, Venetian Marble paints

Stucco Marble paints is a product of Meoded paints international which gives your walls a royal finish with different application styles and classical wall finishes.

Our products is made from natural materials, they are easy to maintain, they don't grow molds if applied externally and they are eco friendly. They also don't pose any health risks either to individuals or the environment. It is characterised by hardness and resistance even in moist environment and I can say it is an alternative to marble, ceramic and tiles on your walls which has lighter weights and they don't go out of trend like a particular design of your tiles.

Stucco Marble paints has a lot of advantages. For example, If a tile fall off your wall, do you have an extra tile to replace it or do you think you can still get that particular design in about 5years from now? This doesn't happen with Stucco marble paints and we have a guarantee on our products anyday, anytime.

We can also upgrade already painted walls easily. Invite us to your site today and we can give you better suggestion on how to make your dream home, office, hotel, reception etc come true.

Talk to us today and you will never regret doing business with us.

You can reach us on 08052293832, 08103220266, 08091985199
BB: 29032E43
Email: makmabolconcepts@gmail.com

Thanks
Makmabol Decorative paints and plaster.
Registered with C.A.C

These pictures are some of the works we've done with our clients and these are what you expect to get. We even promise a better job because each wall is an added experience.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by vimo3: 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
I think it is fair for readers to know the kind of character or fraudsters that Brabus is. He comes here posting self glorifying pictures and commentaries while defrauding his clients in the back end.

Brabus has been given N1.5million for the windows and so on for this project. To date we are yet to see or understand what has become of this money. This is not the first time Brabus or whatever the hell he calls himself has defrauded his clients. His client in Ile Oluji is complaining about N1.7million which was given to Brabus and for which he is unable to account. See the clients post in

https://www.nairaland.com/1338637/chateau-ile-oluji-construction-journal/33

This year alone, I have gotten calls from at least 2 of Brabus clients complaining about giving him money and not seeing the work. If he denies it, I will reveal the names of these clients right here on this blog.

This is to prevent others from being defrauded by Brabus.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
^^^^
Na wah oh!

Hajji M.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by egin(m): 2:41am On Dec 03, 2013
@ brabus. If this is true, many of us will be disappointed. That is all I have to write for now.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by micbjrex(m): 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
Please I need your help in getting an estimate of how much a 5-bedroom duplex in Ibadan will cost me from foundation to finishing. The land is dry and table-flat. Please find my plan in the file below. Current prices of materials will also be appreciated. Please reply @ bollyheart4real@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Empiree: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2013
@ Op, what's the name, type and cost per sq ft of roofing sheet used on this building?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by cleric(m): 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
grin brabus , oya defend yasef!
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by cleric(m): 11:26am On Jan 08, 2014
you no gree defend urself... okay o...what was the cost of the rafting you did on this project?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ikoyi Collapsed Building: 15 Floors Was Approved But Owner Built 21 – Agency / Sure and better deals...bend Down And Select!!! / Osamede Adun's Complex In Benin Demolished By Authorities (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.