Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing (749 Views)

God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt. / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by tpaine: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2008
The Old Testament treats women in very reprehensible tones, laying the guilt for sin squarely on the shoulders of women. It also assumes women are inherently unclean simply by virtue of their gender.  The New Testament is no better. Take a look at the following verses from 1 Timothy 2;

8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

This appears to me as a stunning rebuke to women, putting them in their place, as it were.  It also reproaches the woman for having introduced sin into the world.

The real questions are these; how many of the above injunctions are followed by the Christian womenfold today?  Do they not broid their hair, hear costly jewelry, teach and preach in churches?

As if that was not bad enough, it goes on to say "she shall be saved in childbearing".  What is this about? How about women who are not able to bear children? This is a most bizarre doctrine.
Re: How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by tpaine: 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2008
If you are a childless women, your chances of being saved are next to nil, according to Timothy.
Re: How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by Image123(m): 12:24am On Mar 19, 2008
You don't believe in the Bible, so why all these stress and paine that you're inflicting on yourself?
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
take good advice
Re: How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by tpaine: 12:37am On Mar 19, 2008
Image123:

You don't believe in the Bible, so why all these stress and paine that you're inflicting on yourself?
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
take good advice

Exactly, why would I believe in such a horrible book. Do you believe in the qu-r-an? Can you find fault and bad doctrine in the qu-r-an?
Re: How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by tpaine: 12:40am On Mar 19, 2008
Image123:

take good advice

OK, as a believer in the bible which of the above do you subscribe to? Childbearing for salvation, women not speaking in churches, women not wearing broided hair, jewelery etc? If not, why?
Re: How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by 4Him(m): 12:44am On Mar 19, 2008
Same old exhibition of a lack of biblical understanding . . . this time i wont indulge you with a response.
Re: How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by tpaine: 12:48am On Mar 19, 2008
4Him:

Same old exhibition of a lack of biblical understanding . . . this time i wont indulge you with a response.

The last refuge of the credulous - avoidance.
Re: How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by 4Him(m): 12:50am On Mar 19, 2008
tpaine:

The last refuge of the credulous - avoidance.

Not at all. You shld know by now that if i was inclined to answer you i definitely would have. I left a reply on the Africans thread and u have since refused to reply as is usual with hypocrites of ur ilk who like to build a castle on the foundations of ignorance.
Why not reply that first?
Its tough to respond to 50 topics at once u know . . . we dont live on NL.
Re: How Are Women Saved? Presumably Through Childbearing by Image123(m): 6:47am On Mar 19, 2008
@tpaine
Are you a muslim?You sound like your soul is searching for something

(1) (Reply)

Are You The Son Of God? / Miscarriage Because I Refused To Sacrifice? / Christianity/religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.