Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,201 members, 7,860,307 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167909 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Appliedmaths(m): 12:46am On Aug 11, 2013
@ OP, if dem never tell u b4 them I'm telling u now, U NA MAN. I really like your high taste and quality delivery, you settle for simply the best and that speaks a lot of a man. Those your workmen are positively crazy, their work is world class. More grease man, i really love real estates in general. One thing I'm sure of is that God never abandons anything half way and he will not abandon your project too. Continue, you're carried. Iv'e also learnt a lot here too, kudos.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:18am On Aug 11, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
@ OP, if dem never tell u b4 them I'm telling u now, U NA MAN. I really like your high taste and quality delivery, you settle for simply the best and that speaks a lot of a man. Those your workmen are positively crazy, their work is world class. More grease man, i really love real estates in general. One thing I'm sure of is that God never abandons anything half way and he will not abandon your project too. Continue, you're carried. Iv'e also learnt a lot here too, kudos.

Thank you very much sir, quality can never be compromised.....thats one thing i av learnt and applying cos it will surely speak for itself. God bless you sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Well done bro,
Great job u've done here,May God help u to finish it soonest.
I sent u a mail about ur last visit to my site,

Cheers.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
euromilion:
Well done bro,
Great job u've done here,May God help u to finish it soonest.
I sent u a mail about ur last visit to my site,

Cheers.

Thank you sir, and I av promptly replied to your mail. God bless you sir
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2013
The two soak away blocks completed, waiting for iron rod and casting

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:18am On Aug 14, 2013
smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2013
wink

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2013
more

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Chekitaut: 10:23am On Aug 14, 2013
Granite prices range from
*N4,000-N4,670 per tonnage, depending on your location.
(*)Transport inclusive

Chekitaut Nig., & Co.
T: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565
E: info.chekitaut@gmail.com
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
Muyesky: The two soak away blocks completed, waiting for iron rod and casting

Good work and thanks for all the updated photos.. May God give you the strength to complete the whole house.
Keep doing it. God bless.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
Muyesky:

Thank you very much sir, quality can never be compromised.....thats one thing i av learnt and applying cos it will surely speak for itself. God bless you sir smiley

Mr. Muyesky, its so good to see your project progressing, more grease...

Pls do me a favour, can you send the pictures of ur wooden doors with price to me via email, guess they are locally made.... and what do you think of fixing china door, say 70mm in front & back, and those wooden doors inside (rooms, kitchen, store, bathrooms)

My email address is roserobert0902@gmail.com

thanks...
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 12:09am On Aug 15, 2013
^^^^
I hope he can share that info with all of us here publicly. It will be an info well appreciated. He has shared other costs with us on previous pages. There is no any cost or pictures he has never volunteered to share with us, so far.
You can't believe what I have learnt from this guy.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 12:38am On Aug 15, 2013
mufutau55: ^^^^
I hope he can share that info with all of us here publicly. It will an info well appreciated. He has shared other costs with us on previous pages.

Hajji Mufutau

well said bro...
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:57am On Aug 15, 2013
Roserbert:

Mr. Muyesky, its so good to see your project progressing, more grease...

Pls do me a favour, can you send the pictures of ur wooden doors with price to me via email, guess they are locally made.... and what do you think of fixing china door, say 70mm in front & back, and those wooden doors inside (rooms, kitchen, store, bathrooms)

My email address is roserobert0902@gmail.com

thanks...

Thanks a lot sir. Ordinarily, China doors are very pretty to look at but its their durability that bothers me. The more durable ones are either from Germany or France and their prices starts from like 150k. Discoloration is the major problems of the China doors. Unless thats what you want, there are very very good, strong, reliable and pretty metal doors out there that you wont even imagine. The wooden door is very okay for the interior but make sure you use a 7" wide frame if you used a 6" block for your project and a 10" frame if you used a 9' block. it should ost you around 16k to get very good one, spraying and key inclusive. the main door is still with my furniture man cos i ws not ready to install before now but thats the next phase now but i will go there and take pix for your perusal. What do you say? smiley call 08035757416 for further clarification.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:58am On Aug 15, 2013
mufutau55: ^^^^
I hope he can share that info with all of us here publicly. It will be an info well appreciated. He has shared other costs with us on previous pages. There is no any cost or pictures he has never volunteered to share with us, so far.
You can't believe what I have learnt from this guy.

Hajji Mufutau

wink....knowledge is best shared sir.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:59am On Aug 15, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by evantical: 7:09am On Aug 15, 2013
brother, kudos .plz I thought it is better to use solid blocks for soakaway pit,is there any reason you opted for the hollow blocks? And shouldnt pillars been started from the ground floor?just to know better.tnks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:28am On Aug 15, 2013
evantical: brother, kudos .plz I thought it is better to use solid blocks for soakaway pit,is there any reason you opted for the hollow blocks? And shouldnt pillars been started from the ground floor?just to know better.tnks

Thanks brother. Hollow 9" block is better cos of its wideness besides, we are still going to plaster the inside of the one with the 9" block cos that one is for faeces while the one for waste water will not be plastered so tha water can still find its way to dry up through the surrounding sand so solid block will not allow this. The hollow blocks serves as a semi-permeable membrane for the waste water. And yes, we did started the pillar from the ground, thats why it is called a pillar(from bottom to top) smiley Check the pix here, we already lefts spaces for the pillar. it will also be in the middle too. Cheers smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2013
Muyesky:

Thanks a lot sir. Ordinarily, China doors are very pretty to look at but its their durability that bothers me. The more durable ones are either from Germany or France and their prices starts from like 150k. Discoloration is the major problems of the China doors. Unless thats what you want, there are very very good, strong, reliable and pretty metal doors out there that you wont even imagine. The wooden door is very okay for the interior but make sure you use a 7" wide frame if you used a 6" block for your project and a 10" frame if you used a 9' block. it should ost you around 16k to get very good one, spraying and key inclusive. the main door is still with my furniture man cos i ws not ready to install before now but thats the next phase now but i will go there and take pix for your perusal. What do you say? smiley call 08035757416 for further clarification.

Am grateful for your explanations, the reason am considering the china is just because of th price difference. The once I attached the "supervisor" gave me, the one with glass is 120k while the other one is 130k.

Maybe I'll consider that your locally made, or wha so you think? You can also send me the pictures of that too, the one you posted earlier is not too clear.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tivta(m): 11:55am On Aug 15, 2013
Pls i have an important question that might sound silly to you but it is important to me.
I will like to know the minimum amount of days of weeks to allow the foundation of a 4 bedroom bungalow settle before continuing with construction. Also is it the foundation that makes building the house take time to construct? Cos i know other things like plastering, brick laying and roofing solely depends on materials available and labour. Thank you very much and congrats on your house.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by cap4soul: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pls could u help me with the number of the guy who did the design round the house and the guy who put the stone tiles round it.here is my number u can pls help text his number 08032284351
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
tivta: Pls i have an important question that might sound silly to you but it is important to me.
I will like to know the minimum amount of days of weeks to allow the foundation of a 4 bedroom bungalow settle before continuing with construction. Also is it the foundation that makes building the house take time to construct? Cos i know other things like plastering, brick laying and roofing solely depends on materials available and labour. Thank you very much and congrats on your house.

I have sent the reply to your email address sir
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tivta(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Muyesky:

I have sent the reply to your email address sir

Thanks so much for your prompt and indepth reply. You have given me peace of mind.
God bless
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
Muyesky:

wink....knowledge is best shared sir.

And I am glad that you have been sharing your knowledge with us here.. and we are surely learning from you.
As far as I know, you have not hidden anything from us.. you have been very truthful for all your costs and dealings.
Thanks for all that, esepcially we that are in diaspora.

Thanks for the photo updates on the soak-away constructions..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by evanstical: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
OK ,muyesky, thanks bro,but don't you think the waste water will one day make the unplasterd pit weak.Although when I did mine the workers also left it that way but the difference is that the are close together not separate pits.why do you think there should be separate pits?And I noticed that my selfcon toilet gives some foul smell somtimes and I dont know if that's the cause.Thanks always.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Schynam: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
Muyesky, Well done! You have done a great job and educating others as you go. God Bless!!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
Schynam: Muyesky, Well done! You have done a great job and educating others as you go. God Bless!!

Thanks a lot sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
evanstical: OK ,muyesky, thanks bro,but don't you think the waste water will one day make the unplasterd pit weak.Although when I did mine the workers also left it that way but the difference is that the are close together not separate pits.why do you think there should be separate pits?And I noticed that my selfcon toilet gives some foul smell somtimes and I dont know if that's the cause.Thanks always.

Foul smell is what you get in the long run when you use the same pit for faeces and waste water. Its like soaking a cloth in water for days, the moment you stir or anything moves the water in the bucket, it brings out a foul smell. Same thing applies here. If you have faeces in a pit, it dries or harden up with time but the moment waste water stars adding in, it mixes with it just like that of a soaked clothe thereby bring out smell. So, it therefore advisable smiley never to use the same pit for both

4 Likes

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
more work from site today smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
wink

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.