Stats: 3,162,762 members, 7,851,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167773 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:38am On Aug 01, 2013
mufutau55:

Best thing is that if you don't trust them that much.. buy the materials as they go along..
he asks for 150 bags of cement - buy only 80 bags at first and make sure you stay there to monitor them, if it finishes buy some more.. Then buy him 5 plastering sand at first.. what is 2 stoney? Just make sure you buy some and when they are almost finished with that, with your monitoring, then you buy more.. That has worked well for me.

Oga Muyesky, what do you say to that?

Hajji Mufutau

You cldnt have said it better. Dont rush with the cement, start with 40 bags first, u'll be surprised what that will do but make sure you are there to monitor it. that shld be able to do the interiors.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by spyder880(m): 5:02am On Aug 01, 2013
Good things are happening here, I am proud of you Muyesky. Keep it going bro.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:38am On Aug 01, 2013
spyder880: Good things are happening here, I am proud of you Muyesky. Keep it going bro.

THANKS A LOT SIR smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Azone: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2013
Roserbert:

Let me just buttress point already established by friends here that, 700k definitely won't be enough! With that noted, let me also say most importantly that 700k is not bad to start with. one thing I personally have come to understand about building is that, you must not have all the required fund before you start, just take the bold step, go ahead and do something with what you are having presently with you. There is this joy seeing something springing up, dream coming through, it motivates you to strive more and in no time you will be suprised what you have been able to achieve.

Shalom!

Thank you very much well noted. I have a 30x120 property at ikd and would like to start something..

I really appreciate..
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
Muyesky:

You cldnt have said it better. Dont rush with the cement, start with 40 bags first, u'll be surprised what that will do but make sure you are there to monitor it. that shld be able to do the interiors.

Thank you very much sir! smiley
Like I said earlier, it is good having people like you and other fellaz on this line around. kiss
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
Azone:

Thank you very much well noted. I have a 30x120 property at ikd and would like to start something..

I really appreciate..

Good! and the best time to start that is now. I pray the Lord to give you the strength, courage and resources to carry on.

Best wishes
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
spyder880: Good things are happening here, I am proud of you Muyesky. Keep it going bro.

Wow! Oga Spyder (our Oga at the Top) also here in this little-people's thread? That is why I love this man,
no project is too small.. you will always make your own contribution.. I hope we have more people like Spyder
in this country.. Nigeria would have been the America of Africa. I love you Spyder, keep it up.

And Yes, muyesky is raising his tempo with this his project too.. taking time to explain things as needed.
Another Spyder in the making.

Thanks all.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
Azone:

I really appreciate..

Just keep doing it little at a time.. That is the advantage of Nigeria, you go at your own pace when the finance allows it.. Here overseas, no such thing, unless you get a loan to buy the house or you save up your money and buy the house cash-down; but that does not happen all the time.. unless you are very rich.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mafavour: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
pls can you give me your email address mr muyesky
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
mafavour: pls can you give me your email address mr muyesky

muyiwaolakunde@rocketmail.com, 08035757416
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by dalof2000: 1:38am On Aug 04, 2013
Nice job, please keep it coming!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:50am On Aug 04, 2013
dalof2000: Nice job, please keep it coming!

Thanks a lot sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Muyesky:

Thanks a lot sir smiley

Uncle Muyesky.. Where are more photos of the updates on the progress of your Chateau.? smiley I have been expecting this.

Note: Remember I am learning from everything you post here, and I am not the only one as you can see.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
mufutau55:

Uncle Muyesky.. Where are more photos of the updates on the progress of your Chateau.? smiley I have been expecting this.

Note: Remember I am learning from everything you post here, and I am not the only one as you can see.

Hajji Mufutau

grin.......more pix as from tomorrow

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
One quick questions to all...

Is it necessary to install kitchen cabinets before the floor and wall tilings, and of course after plastering?
Or the cabinets can be installed after all the tiles for floor and walls are done?

Hajji Mufutau

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
Muyesky:

grin.......more pix as from tomorrow

waiting earnestly
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
mufutau55: One quick questions to all...

Is it necessary to install kitchen cabinets before the floor and wall tilings, and of course after plastering?
Or the cabinets can be installed after all the tiles for floor and walls are done?

Hajji Mufutau

its much much neater to install them after tiles for floor and walls are done.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
Muyesky:
Its much much neater to install them after tiles for floor and walls are done.

Good answer brother.. that's what I thought.. Especially when it's not a concrete, but wooden cabinets.
Let's see if others have more pro and con.
Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:50am On Aug 05, 2013
Muyesky: Soak-away construction also begins. Here, i will be needing :
700 (9"wink vibrated, 400 (6"wink vibrated blocks for both soak-away
40 bags of cement
35 pieces of 12mm iron rod
one 8 tire man diesel tipper of sharp sand
two 6 tire tipper of gavel
one 6 tire of plaster sand
planks and lots of water

Oga Muyesky, I forgot to ask. how big is each of your Soak-away?
I am trying to make estimate for mine.. I will use the same for both
Mens Quarter and the main Duplex. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:07am On Aug 05, 2013
mufutau55:

Oga Muyesky, I forgot to ask. how big is each of your Soak-away?
I am trying to make estimate for mine.. I will use the same for both
Mens Quarter and the main Duplex. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

The first one is 11x11ft and 12ft down while the second one is 6x6ft and 6ft down.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
Muyesky:

The first one is 11x11ft and 12ft down while the second one is 6x6ft and 6ft down.

Thanks for the info. Have they almost finished? Please don't forget to post pictures.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by arcis: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
Well done Oga Muyesky! Kindly post latest pictures from your site.

Sincerely, you the best!!! Just believe it.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2013
@ Mr Muyesky, its been a while, feed us in with pictures now. How is ur project going wink
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hello people smiley, got back to site today after a short trip and commenced where i stopped.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
smiley clearing of weed inside the big soak away pit and after clearing.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2013

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
doing the blinding with the mixture of cement, sharp sand and gravel that will serve as the bed for the 9" blocks.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
setting of blocks commences, with 12mm iron rod to be placed in eight different angles. smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
clearing of the second soak away pit

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
Muyesky: Hello people smiley, got back to site today after a short trip and commenced where i stopped.

Welcome back Oga Muyesky.. Yes...work is surely progressing.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
mufutau55:

Welcome back Oga Muyesky.. Yes...work is surely progressing.

Hajji Mufutau

Thank you sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 12:03am On Aug 11, 2013
Muyesky: Hello people smiley, got back to site today after a short trip and commenced where i stopped.

U r welcome back...the Lord is ur strength bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)