Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. (12593 Views)

Is Barcelona And Spain Really Now A Bore Of A Team To Watch? / Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? / Is Barcelona The Greatest Football Team Of This Generation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Shankboye(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
Bad ref is part of soccer,penalty is part of soccer as well as bad refree.. Milan first goal was a clear hand ball, how was dat not a bad refree..get a life
gentlegg: Barca's reign? Where were they reigning before? They are not champions of Europe (up blues), not champions of La Liga.

For the past 5yrs ago Barcelona have never won a big team convincingly without Red card or Penalty or Bad ref.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Shankboye(m): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
Du.mb statement, if dats d case, why ar they paying d coaches so much money if they are irrelivant
andyanders:

Na coach go play the ball for them if they don' have coach? They are all professionals and should know how to go about playing when their opponent is 11 and they are 11 too.They are going down if care is not taken.If you like scream nothing they happen.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by yemmy19(m): 3:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
phaya: It just shows Barca aint invisible. They CAN BE DEFEATED. Their reign of terror n fear is gradually slipping. That's LIFE for you
(((((((( GBAGAUN )))))))
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by jerk: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
farcelona are just farce!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by sucess001(m): 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
I understand a lot of clubs are gloating at barca's defeat. well, i dont blame them since most have been beaten and look jealously at Barca's recent sucesses.

The answer to this question is twofold- Yes and No.

truth is the impact of a coach cant be over emphasized. it accounts for not less than 60-70 % of a team's success rate. that Roura who hasnever managed a team before and who until some months ago was just a scout is presiding over Barca's worst losses in about 5years is no coincidence. this same Barca team was on fire breaking records till Tito Vilanove had the cancer relapse.

so yes...it is the end except tito recovers and takes over again or till anoda capable coach is hired.

And no. if Barca secures a good coach, they ll reign again.

funny enuf the same bad belle people who said guardiola is not a good coach because he has players are now the ones saying the team is finished just a year after he left.

i pray tito comes back...then barca will reign again

1 Like

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by ukpaku: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
since Bamanga Turku say PDP de like messi na him messi beging de lost for match, sory barca.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by jamp: 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
Shankboye: . Did u forget they are playing without a coach? Stop being sentimental and shatap.. Hw many big club can play without a coach.. They are still d best in d world..imagine madrid without mourinho..

Is chelsea playing with a coach?
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by yemmy19(m): 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
wanted: They beat sevilla 2_1 at the weekend so where are you getting your two losses in a row from, Mr.OP?
ℓ̊ tire for d OP who knws nothing abt football......there is one thng for sure Barcelona wȊ̝̊̅ℓℓ bounce back lipsrsealed
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by sholatech(m): 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
As they always say, Form is temporary, Class is permanent. I will prefer to say Barca dipped in form than say that they are now 'wowo'. You know why? After Real Madrid won La Liga last season and crowned La Liga champions, they started losing matches(even at home) beginning of season and there was noise everywhere that they are doomed, and many calling Mourinho names and the team 'wowo'. Now fast forward to yesterday. That same team beat Barca at Nou Camp. I can assure you, after this slump, Barca will get their acts together and bounce back!!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Oahray: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hehehe... Just two close defeats and Barca's reign has ended? Na wa o. How come you guys never said Mourinho's reign as one of the best coaches has come to an end when his team was busy losing their way to 16points behind Barca? You guys need to make intelligent statements at times.

It's true that Barca is not used to defeat, but they are not above it either. Even in Guardiola's best season, they still lost games. If there's one thing I like about these recent loses, it is how it has proved as unintelligent people who say Pep was not a good coach and that Barca would win trophies even without a coach. Just a few weeks of Roura a cting as coach, see what happens.

For those saying Barca has been playing the same way for 5years, I can only say: GO LEARN SOME FOOTBALL. Barca played total football (attack and defend as a unit) under Pep and to an extent Tito, but now they just pass the ball around and hardly struggle to get it back when they lose it.

They used to employ the flanks (with fast players) to create width and break down congestion in the midfield. Now, a certain Roura uses Iniesta in the flanks as opposed to his midfield role, and he has to drop back anyway, cos Fabregas was lost in the game. That's why opposing teams have all the time to mark Messi.

Watch the matches against Milan and Madrid. There were always more than 3 players around Messi anytime he got the ball. If Messi struggles with that kind of marking, there is no footballer who would shine that way, certainly not Ronaldo who was undisturbed throughout the match.

PS: If it takes as much as 5years to learn how to beat a team that plays the same way everytime and in every match, it only shows the other teams and their coaches are ret.arded. No offense.

5 Likes

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Emmanuelpastooo: 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
Barca is always d best, is jus dat dere ar playing without coach
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by ebudwin: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yes is goin 2 an end and let it be so
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
baloafo: Chelsea exposes their tactical way of playing, so other clubs emulate it. Shikena!
inter was the team dat did it first not chelsea ok
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ha ha ha... See them haters getting a hard-on simply because Barca lost a couple games. Comical. grin

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Barca remains the best team on earth. If you don't like it, look for the neighbourhood transformer and do the needful.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by pek(m): 4:37pm On Feb 27, 2013
modextus: haha why dont you go ahead and say nigeria is the best in africa
so, which is it?
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by pek(m): 4:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
They don't have to have to currently have a title to be called the best club in the world. It's the result that they've achieved over the last few years that makes them the best. They have also produced the best players in the last few years. Are you insinuating that Chelsea is the best club? Pls say No.
sorry, no offence, but your IQ is low. If both of us fight and you beat me, will I go ahead and claim to be better than you?
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by imperiouxx(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
Emmanuelpastooo: Barca is always d best, is jus dat dere ar playing without coach

So the one on the coach stand was Barca special guest of honor? SMH in pity for barca.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
phaya: It just shows Barca aint invisible. They CAN BE DEFEATED. Their reign of terror n fear is gradually slipping. That's LIFE for you
sweetheart did you mean invincible? I guess so. Pls correct it b4 the uncouth ones among us villify u 4 an innocent mistake
@ topic, the only thing constant in life is change. The only one that will reign forever is GOD
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Kposkila: 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
Shankboye: . Did u forget they are playing without a coach? Stop being sentimental and shatap.. Hw many big club can play without a coach.. They are still d best in d world..imagine madrid without mourinho..
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Eifeh(m): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
means: I beg to disagree with some comments here. They are potential Spanish champions . Barcelonia cannot go a season without winning a silverware. I see jealousy and a feeling of insecurity about Barca in most comments. A successful man/institution has many enemies.
it not easy to be the best my guy with only 4 lose this season barca is the best.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by TableLeg(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
soochukwu: Two defeats in a row what has Barcelona to offer now.what is your take!

They lost to Milan at the San siro 2 - 0 in the Champions league

Yesterday they lost to rivals Real Madrid 3 -1 in the second leg of the Copa del rey semi-finals

So because they lost two games on a trot, you come up with this silly thread?!
Barca are formidable and will still be favourites to win any game they go into ....
The case of Real Madrid has been long time coming, they have played each other so many times, and Madrid has been humiliated majority of the times, however, the gap between them have been closed, hence Madrid being able to win ....

Against AC Milan, Barcelona never got going ... Teams get days when they dont and if you go ahead against them, they will find it difficult to come back!

One problem however with Barcelona that i have seen over the last two seasons is defensively, they appear to be struggling ... If they do good business in the summer, keep the core of the midfield and add one able body to the attack to take the weight off Messi, they will rout teams and will keep clean sheets or concede minimally ....

They have struggled immensely this season, but dont be fooled, they are still the best outhere!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Leemak: 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
chelsea fc exposed them all........no more bragging!!!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
Techno N7 for sale.pls call 07035011400.am selling it off cos I can't use more than two phones.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Drdaps(m): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
as we celebrate,we pop champ

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by dynasty4u: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
make arssssee qualify again make i see! cool
lagerwhenindoubt: how does that signify that their reign is coming to an end. Arsenal was on a six match losing streak and still made top 4, qualified for intercontinental cups what gives?!!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by metti(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
tongue tongue
Codedrock: Iyen o kan mi o, all i wanna keep seeing is barca been beaten in laliga so madrid cud be in da top, as we all know dem don drop out of champions league already! Up madrid...

Madrid can never meet up in laliga, they should wait till next year!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by metti(m): 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
guente02:
Na manager dey play the ball?

Mumu! Don't you know the tactical role of a manager in football?
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by metti(m): 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Bash Me: gimme 2mins, i wanna find out from Octopus Paul... kiss

You never hear say octopus Paul don die?
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by metti(m): 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
executinal: They always depend on Messi.

Wetin be Messi work no be to score
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by metti(m): 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
chiover: . Yes becox they don't have enough money to pay refs again. They were never good just that refs aided them a lot in the last 6years. See as dem dey celebrate with ref afta dem rob ac milian last year. Ole barca ndi oshi

You are the worst idiot on earth! OLODO!!!!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by donstevewrites: 6:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
Viva barcelona!!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by adctrl: 6:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hey, how can one conclude that their reign as the best team in the world is over? There is not a team who has not gone through similar patch in the last few years i.e W-L-W-L.
Mind you those that think you can learn to play a team like Barcelona saying Inter showed others how to do it under Mourhino. If that is the case, Barcelona should never beat his team again but records show they have beaten Real Madrid under him not less than 4-5 times in all competition. That tells you footy is not mathematics.
The element of luck can be so huge also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Arsenal : FA Cup (1 - 0) On 23rd January 2021 / Burnley vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On 2nd February 2020 / Lionel Messi And Barcelona Accused Of Elaborate Syrian Rebel Weapons Plot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.