Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. (12591 Views)

Is Barcelona And Spain Really Now A Bore Of A Team To Watch? / Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? / Is Barcelona The Greatest Football Team Of This Generation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Lero15(m): 7:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
Things we learned frm Barca-Madrid game: don't underrate black players; Alex Song shd av playd instead of using Busquet truout, Messi shd av playd frm d wings instead of mid., Barca shd buy strikers, stop relying too much on Messi, Madrid playd like AC MILAN, ANYTIME PUYOL FALLS DOWN, BARCA CONCEDES...check d Milan goal & yestday's goal...lol
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by jmoore(m): 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
Real Madrid and Ac Milan beat Barcelona and you are raising an alarm. You should raise alarm if they lose all their remaining La Liga matches.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by tefund(m): 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
soochukwu: Two defeats in a row what has Barcelona to offer now.what is your take!
They lost to Milan at the San siro 2 - 0 in the Champions league
Yesterday they lost to rivals Real Madrid 3 -1 in the second leg of the Copa del rey semi-finals
messi was tied ,barca fumbled
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by vanbonattel: 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: how does that signify that their reign is coming to an end. Arsenal was on a six match losing streak and still made top 4, qualified for intercontinental cups what gives?!!

YEAH RIGHT! So where is arsenal now? winning the "trophyless clubs cup" every season
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Afam4eva(m): 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Lero15: Things we learned frm Barca-Madrid game: don't underrate black players; Alex Song shd av playd instead of using Busquet truout, Messi shd av playd frm d wings instead of mid., Barca shd buy strikers, stop relying too much on Messi, Madrid playd like AC MILAN, ANYTIME PUYOL FALLS DOWN, BARCA CONCEDES...check d Milan goal & yestday's goal...lol
Barcelona has a lot of strikers. They don't need more. I think what they need is a better defence and a better goal keeper.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by masterpiece123: 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
hmmmmm, what a dissapointing bacelona
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Remii(m): 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nobody stays on top forever. - Vito Corleone
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by camelus: 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
sucess001: I understand a lot of clubs are gloating at barca's defeat. well, i dont blame them since most have been beaten and look jealously at Barca's recent sucesses.

The answer to this question is twofold- Yes and No.

truth is the impact of a coach cant be over emphasized. it accounts for not less than 60-70 % of a team's success rate. that Roura who hasnever managed a team before and who until some months ago was just a scout is presiding over Barca's worst losses in about 5years is no coincidence. this same Barca team was on fire breaking records till Tito Vilanove had the cancer relapse.

so yes...it is the end except tito recovers and takes over again or till anoda capable coach is hired.

And no. if Barca secures a good coach, they ll reign again.

funny enuf the same bad belle people who said guardiola is not a good coach because he has players are now the ones saying the team is finished just a year after he left.

i pray tito comes back...then barca will reign again
There can neva be α̲̅ beta way τ̅☺ start coaching,, some Pple started †̥̥Ђӛ way Roura did,†̥̥Ђis ȋ̝̊̅̄$ not coaching matter its diminishing return*Smsh*
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Jobig(m): 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
a word is enough for a wise,Barca should change tactics a bit,long ball and propelling shots once a while,too much dominion wakes them weak at times.Puyol should retire from that team.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by vandarsar(m): 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
Actually arsenal qualified for continental and not intercontinental cup as mentioned by you. In all your comment makes no sense, yet you get 3 likes, humm, those likes most have come from delusioned arsenal and Barca fans.

lagerwhenindoubt: how does that signify that their reign is coming to an end. Arsenal was on a six match losing streak and still made top 4, qualified for intercontinental cups what gives?!!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by vandarsar(m): 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
Get your facts right, madrid has been without mourinho countless of time based 4-6 match bans and nothing happens or at least they will still loose. This barca problem has got nothing to do with coach, they obviously have no plan B, and they are increasinly showing without the trio of xavi, ini and messi they can't win against stoke.

Shankboye: . Did u forget they are playing without a coach? Stop being sentimental and shatap.. Hw many big club can play without a coach.. They are still d best in d world..imagine madrid without mourinho..
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by MAYOWAAK: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
The problem with many is that they can't live with a Barca of less than 100%...too high expectation and when it falls to 80%, they think it's the end of the Catalans.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by MisanT(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
zuma4k: very far from dat... remember dey'r wit no manager @ d moment
dats the point,let every one wait til a coach comes to take d team den we can say.......
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by vandarsar(m): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
Perfectly written comment, don't know why have been unable to like cause I see people do not like your post cos the truth hurts. Okay you forgot to add ref to your list of pillars. Imagine how barca players were falling in the match vs madrid just to earn some cheap penalties which they have been known in the past for.

tex baba: op, u ar still asking it has ended since. barca is made up of 3 pillers- the coach (guadiola), messi and the other players(xavi, iniesta, nd co) take away any one of these individual pillers its yakata for them. guardiola has gone, xavi will soon retire nd may be iniesta too. u must agree u dont come accross plyers like that all the time. i hve always said that if i am a coach, that barca team cannot beat my team more than 2 consecutive times before i will knw how to neutralise them, nd mourinho has always prooved me rigth. barca is a team that will play with the same team, same formation, same pattern for all opponents...gosh!!!sometimes the opposition determines ur formation nd tactics, but not for barca, they will never change how they play nd teams except majority of spannish teams have caugth up with their pattern.spanish teams are less technical.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by ddippset(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
vandarsar: Perfectly written comment, don't know why have been unable to like cause I see people do not like your post cos the truth hurts. Okay you forgot to add ref to your list of pillars. Imagine how barca players were falling in the match vs madrid just to earn some cheap penalties which they have been known in the past for.

you need to have an IQ test done real fast. Which players were diving? Is it the penalty the referee refused to award after alonso's off the ball body check on pedro in the 18? Or ronaldo rolling. All over after a soft touch by pique? Or do you mean pepe falling to the floor like he was shot with an AK-47 after busquets just tried to hug him? Quit calling refs here. I would assume you are a man u fan, afterall barca gave you the beating of your live twice and you couldn't even touch the ball and now the ref Is your alibi. Anyway say hi to webb you f0ol.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by karpentar: 9:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
soochukwu: Two defeats in a row what has Barcelona to offer now.what is your take!

They lost to Milan at the San siro 2 - 0 in the Champions league

Yesterday they lost to rivals Real Madrid 3 -1 in the second leg of the Copa del rey semi-finals

A team leads in one of the best leagues in the world by 12 points and just lost in an unserious competition to an opponent 16 points behind in the league and that''s your classical idea of a team falling? Well I can understand you. Barca has overachieved that any slight dip gives hope to losers. Barca for life.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by fijiano202(m): 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
try playing football without coach for 5 months
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by toprealman: 2:40am On Feb 28, 2013
zuma4k: very far from dat... remember dey'r wit no manager @ d moment
They can win any EPL team without a coach or maybe with you as their gaffer.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by yoji: 4:37am On Feb 28, 2013
Wen ur loss elicites this much reaction, then u know u know ur a class above others who hv enviously despised u and awaited your fall. Barca are jus a victim of their standards nothing more. How can loosin to the two must successful clubs in european football be such a big deal. And one of those matches was a derby while d other was an away match against the most successful team in italian history. Oh boy see beef. Barca are not even d defendin champions, they are jus favourites due to their strong domestic lead. But man U and bayern have similar leads in their respective domestic leagues so wats d fuss? Some idiots even go as far as questionin their tactics! Now tell me, wen u hv opponents ready to do more defendin than attackin, how does d long ball help? U hv 11 players camped in their half, and then u xpect barca to boot the ball to their defenders to clear? Fine I agree they could shoot more, but that's only poosible wen u hv a clear sight on goal, but usually all d bodies in opposin half will obsure any1's view. Except if u want them to shoot for shootin sake like amatuers. we can all agree that no style wins all matches, so if tiki taka has the highest win percentage, why change to a more less successful style. On thin about inferior teams is dat they try to bring u down to their level then beat u wit their experience.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by yoji: 4:55am On Feb 28, 2013
Wen ur loss elicites this much reaction, then u know u know ur a class above others who hv enviously despised u and awaited your fall. Barca are jus a victim of their standards nothing more. How can loosin to the two must successful clubs in european football be such a big deal. And one of those matches was a derby while d other was an away match against the most successful team in italian history. Oh boy see beef. Barca are not even d defendin champions, they are jus favourites due to their strong domestic lead. But man U and bayern have similar leads in their respective domestic leagues so wats d fuss? Some idiots even go as far as questionin their tactics! Now tell me, wen u hv opponents ready to do more defendin than attackin, how does d long ball help? U hv 11 players camped in their half, and then u xpect barca to boot the ball to their defenders to clear? Fine I agree they could shoot more, but that's only poosible wen u hv a clear sight on goal, but usually all d bodies in opposin half will obsure any1's view. Except if u want them to shoot for shootin sake like amatuers. we can all agree that no style wins all matches, so if tiki taka has the highest win percentage, why change to a more less successful style. On thin about inferior teams is dat they try to bring u down to their level then beat u wit their experience.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Abbey2sam(m): 6:16am On Feb 28, 2013

You are a big fool for typing this trash here,has arsenal ever reigned before,so finishing top 4 now
Transform into cup right?

Maybe you think barcelona will reign forever.
Others were there before them.....liverpool for example
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Yuzarsif(m): 6:31am On Feb 28, 2013
Barca has too much enemies if not because u lose 2 matches dat means ur reign is coming to an end? No body is perfect.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Lero15: Things we learned frm Barca-Madrid game: don't underrate black players; Alex Song shd av playd instead of using Busquet truout, Messi shd av playd frm d wings instead of mid., Barca shd buy strikers, stop relying too much on Messi, Madrid playd like AC MILAN, ANYTIME PUYOL FALLS DOWN, BARCA CONCEDES...check d Milan goal & yestday's goal...lol

...Yeah...That's why Barca Lost.....

Because we didn't play enough Black Players......

Alex Song not playing...was the reason why we lost.

.........................................The Legendary Immortal Alex Song.....

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by cyprianlah(m): 7:27am On Feb 28, 2013
Na evryday b christmas?...der's time for every tin abegi!!!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by wallex2(m): 8:07am On Feb 28, 2013
Aaaaay
As for me o,bacer going down or not
I stll remain loyal to bacer
Its better u embrace good thing now B4 it is. 2 late
For those england supporters
This r the 2 coaches england respect so much
Sir alex fergunsi and asernwenger
If bacer plays man u the coach go say
Don't 4get we've just played with the best club in the world
Asenal coach:bacerlonal thought us football
I beg up bacer joor
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by sucess001(m): 9:03am On Feb 28, 2013
camelus:
There can neva be α̲̅ beta way τ̅☺ start coaching,, some Pple started †̥̥Ђӛ way Roura did,†̥̥Ђis ȋ̝̊̅̄$ not coaching matter its diminishing return*Smsh*

oga...Mourinho started his coaching as an interpreter...then assistant...them some small clubs in portugal..Guardiola started with the youth teams...Tito started by being an assistant for 5 years....that is the trend in al clubs world over...Roura has never managed a team before...tis is is first month of ever managing a team....its just like you not having mnaged any company beforeand you re told to manage the best company in the world....the company will suffer...its called lack of experience!

And how can there not be diminishing returns for 5 and half years and it starts just a month afterthere's a change of coach?
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Samelfisha(m): 9:35am On Feb 28, 2013
Complain must always dy 4 diz Barca fans dy dnt agree dat dy wll lose.dats y d gods ar agree wit Messi xavi nd iniesta.must dy play evry match...luk at man utd did Rooney use to play all d matches stll hez Der key player....u guys shuld jst shatap or i call pistorius to accidentally murder una.4 God sake make i hear word jooor.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Mcleo007(m): 11:19am On Feb 28, 2013
Shame! This thread has been hijacked by irrate and begrudged football fans. 98.5% of comments here are unintelligible!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
vandarsar: Actually arsenal qualified for continental and not intercontinental cup as mentioned by you. In all your comment makes no sense, yet you get 3 likes, humm, those likes most have come from delusioned arsenal and Barca fans.

I am liking myself and my comments are not for this season either pundit..
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Abbey2sam:

You are a big fool for typing this trash here,has arsenal ever reigned before,so finishing top 4 now
Transform into cup right?

Maybe you think barcelona will reign forever.
Others were there before them.....liverpool for example

Obviously you are a chelsea fan, abuse and drunkenness are not far from their lips. go collect money from your cybercafe customers before they run you down grin grin
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by soochukwu(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
sucess001:

oga...Mourinho started his coaching as an interpreter...then assistant...them some small clubs in portugal..Guardiola started with the youth teams...Tito started by being an assistant for 5 years....that is the trend in al clubs world over...Roura has never managed a team before...tis is is first month of ever managing a team....its just like you not having mnaged any company beforeand you re told to manage the best company in the world....the company will suffer...its called lack of experience!

And how can there not be diminishing returns for 5 and half years and it starts just a month afterthere's a change of coach?
, Well i`m in the fence,if Barcelona had been winning as usual nobody will talk about Coach Roura not having coached or managed a team before while giving these examples of these other top coaches.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by sucess001(m): 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
soochukwu: , Well i`m in the fence,if Barcelona had been winning as usual nobody will talk about Coach Roura not having coached or managed a team before while giving these examples of these other top coaches.

thats the point bro.

Barcelona cant win as 'usual' cos they were forced into a change of coach which distrupted their rhythym.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Arsenal : FA Cup (1 - 0) On 23rd January 2021 / Burnley vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On 2nd February 2020 / Lionel Messi And Barcelona Accused Of Elaborate Syrian Rebel Weapons Plot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.