Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. (12590 Views)

Is Barcelona And Spain Really Now A Bore Of A Team To Watch? / Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? / Is Barcelona The Greatest Football Team Of This Generation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Afam4eva(m): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
I created a similar thread here https://www.nairaland.com/1209420/barcelonas-secret-been-exposed

Like i said in the other thread, they have just been exposed. That's all. That doesn't mean their reign as the best club in the world has come to an end. But they need to tweak their tactics a little bit.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
soochukwu: Two defeats in a row what has Barcelona to offer now.what is your take!

They lost to Milan at the San siro 2 - 0 in the Champions league

Yesterday they lost to rivals Real Madrid 3 -1 in the second leg of the Copa del rey semi-finals

. Yes becox they don't have enough money to pay refs again. They were never good just that refs aided them a lot in the last 6years. See as dem dey celebrate with ref afta dem rob ac milian last year. Ole barca ndi oshi

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Shankboye(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
Which match did u play without a coach? Spata? Man city? Juventus?mumu like u
vision2050: chelsea have no coach that is why we lose important game....... Just accept defeat and let me hear words
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by searay(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
I'll blame GEJ for this defeat.
Why do I blame him? I don't even know.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Goodays(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
You all have made a very wise statement base on the current form of Barca. The truth remains that no one keeps doing same thing all the time and expect a different result. Remember that no one claims to be invincible for ever, it just a matter of time before it is broken, in respect to that I would say Chelsea FC and Real madrid have broken the record on Barca. Check it out you will feel idea

1 Like

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by dammytosh: 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
Other teams played better.

Let us stop talking as if they were ever unbeatable.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by benlay(m): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
pek: They were not reigning cause they were neither European or la liga champions.

This dude is smart... you are right. EOD!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by pek(m): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
Afam4eva: That doesn't mean their reign as the best club in the world has come to an end. But they need to tweak their tactics a little bit.
correct me if i am wrong. A team is the best when they are current champions. We can say spain is the best in the world right now cause they are world cup holders. For barcelona, they are not la liga champions, european champions or world champions.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Afam4eva(m): 2:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
pek: correct me if i am wrong. A team is the best when they are current champions. We can say spain is the best in the world right now cause they are world cup holders. For barcelona, they are not la liga champions, european champions or world champions.
They don't have to have to currently have a title to be called the best club in the world. It's the result that they've achieved over the last few years that makes them the best. They have also produced the best players in the last few years. Are you insinuating that Chelsea is the best club? Pls say No.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by gentlegg(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
Barca's reign? Where were they reigning before? They are not champions of Europe (up blues), not champions of La Liga.

For the past 5yrs ago Barcelona have never won a big team convincingly without Red card or Penalty or Bad ref.

1 Like

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by wanted(m): 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
They beat sevilla 2_1 at the weekend so where are you getting your two losses in a row from, Mr.OP?
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Libkid(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
This question is baseless
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Fidelcruiz(m): 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
soochukwu: Two defeats in a row what has Barcelona to offer now.what is your take!

Yesterday they lost to rivals Real Madrid 3 -1 in the second leg of the Copa del rey semi-finals

[i][quote author=soochukwu]Two defeats in a row what has Barcelona to offer now.what is your take!

Yesterday they lost to rivals Real Madrid 3 -1 in the second leg o
Nothing last forever
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by creativemusic: 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by modextus(m): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
first of all....,its not two losses in a row..they won sevilla. Second of all...,see wetin fear dhe cause?all dis bad belles should stop blabbing yeye toks. third of all..,na everytime barça go dhe win? I as a fan was already tired of the too much wins..and i think lossing to realmadrid is'nt a big deal at all..if i were to switch clubs i'l definatly go for real madrid.forth of all...,for those who are saying we cant do without the likes of messi..hav'nt really been watching football.and imagine someone making use of such a statement "xavi,iniesta and co" and still thinks he's refering to 3 people..is still a learner he should go back to school..and finally fifth of all...,@op our reign is'nt over its just another stepping stone. this shows that the mighty barcelona are'nt machines.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by trustone(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
Barka 4 life

They are just unlucky this time around, that doesnt mean that their reign is gone
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by modextus(m): 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
pek: correct me if i am wrong. A team is the best when they are current champions. We can say spain is the best in the world right now cause they are world cup holders. For barcelona, they are not la liga champions, european champions or world champions.
haha why dont you go ahead and say nigeria is the best in africa
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by tomakint: 2:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
Definitely, this may just be the beginning of 'bad times' for Barcelona except they make out for plan B, C, D for their tiki-taka style of play that is currently not jelling! Another advise I can offer is; Barcelona should go hunt for a 'foreign Coach' (I mean a coach outside the academy that can instill the necessary discipline) that will root out the misfit players currently in the squad and finally collapse the 'warped legacy' Guardiola left behind angry Tiki-taka may worked for Guardiola but not anymore, Puyol should have a replacement, Fabregas, Sanchez, Mascherano should be weeded out as soon as possible angry Pique must be closely monitored! Barca is still ok, but a timely appointment of a good and discipline coach may just be the saving grace cool
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Drdaps(m): 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
this explain beta see d pic below

Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by mosquitoNet(m): 2:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
YES! I also see them dropping outa UCL!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by andyanders: 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
Shankboye: . Did u forget they are playing without a coach? Stop being sentimental and shatap.. Hw many big club can play without a coach.. They are still d best in d world..imagine madrid without mourinho..

Na coach go play the ball for them if they don' have coach? They are all professionals and should know how to go about playing when their opponent is 11 and they are 11 too.They are going down if care is not taken.If you like scream nothing they happen.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by eghost247(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
ok
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by demitola(m): 3:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
Sentimental critics jst wanna get drunk kwikli wid d idea of Barca'z reign winding down. Where were they when diz team played an unbeaten run thruought d 1st half of dis season wid Vilanova stairing d wheel? Barca is 16points above R.Madrid, came out top of d group in d CL also. Its hightime d 'video analyst ' coach go rest 4d real apointed Tito. Bold steps and tactics shld be taken and introducd, Simple. No bigdeal in avin a difklt time!
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Joey82(m): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
I think the squad lacks depth especially in midfield.
u hardly see quality at the bench, same players start almost all games and some of them aint getting any younger (puyol and Xavi)
Guardiola already started resting Xavi little by little before Tito took the reigns and started playing him game in game out.
Look at how puyol was used by di maria and a little known teenage french striker at san siro.
These group of players wont be there forever and yes their reign is gradually coming to an end.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by VUVUZELA10: 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
baloafo: Chelsea exposes their tactical way of playing, so other clubs emulate it. Shikena!
It is not correct. Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan taught other football clubs the best and simple ways to handle and make Messi and Barca ordinary. Get the record straight.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by eghost247(m): 3:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
ok
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by imperiouxx(m): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2013
Wait till AC Milan eliminates them from CL. You see as dem give Puyol Opam Camel Style yesterday? Same thing will happen soon.
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Slimzybaby(m): 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by eghost247(m): 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by Slimzybaby(m): 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
VUVUZELA10:
It is not correct. Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan taught other football clubs the best and simple ways to handle and make Messi and Barca ordinary. Get the record straight.
Dnt mind dat fowl,chelsea dey use fear manage win barca na only inter and madrid dey beat them wella...mourinho is d master planner
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by eghost247(m): 3:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
Di Maria
Re: Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. by vega84(m): 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
I dnt think so cos this is football so anybody can win

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Arsenal : FA Cup (1 - 0) On 23rd January 2021 / Burnley vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On 2nd February 2020 / Lionel Messi And Barcelona Accused Of Elaborate Syrian Rebel Weapons Plot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.