Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 (11864 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by 9jaIhail(m): 11:19am On Mar 01, 2013
xtgozie:
Nna dalu irne for confirming my igbo origin. nna m ukwu bu 9ja_I_hail, biko abum nwa afo Aguata di na Anambra State I'm not from Imo State. But still at dat, Anambra na Imo bu umunne. I won't mind getting a chieftaincy title from d easten heart land.lol. U guys (election committee) are making us(Ndi Igbo) proud. Jisi nu Ike. "Igbo bu otu" "Ndi Igbo bu d wisest"
xtgozie:
Nna dalu irne for confirming my igbo origin. nna m ukwu bu 9ja_I_hail, biko abum nwa afo Aguata di na Anambra State I'm not from Imo State. But still at dat, Anambra na Imo bu umunne. I won't mind getting a chieftaincy title from d easten heart land.lol. U guys (election committee) are making us(Ndi Igbo) proud. Jisi nu Ike. "Igbo bu otu" "Ndi Igbo bu d wisest"

Need not to worry, by their fruits we shall know them.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by 9jaIhail(m): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2013
PointB:

I believe most people who saw the nomination thread would have followed this thread, and perhaps cast their votes. If they didn't then that's awkward. Extending the vote should be done if the various candidate propose and support the idea, otherwise it will appear to the ordinary eyes that we seek to favour one against the other. Otherwise, i believe we should stick to the plans and find ways and means to improve the turn-out another time.

This is my opinion. This commission have worked hard to convince igbo populace about our transparency, i wouldn't like anything that will bring accusation of favoritism.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by 9jaIhail(m): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2013
9ja_i_hail resuming duty.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by mafifle: 11:32am On Mar 01, 2013
Please we can not change the rule of the game half way. There awareness preceding the election during the nomination phase is sufficient.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 11:34am On Mar 01, 2013
Good Morning,

Manny reporting for duty today.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FASTLINK1: 11:38am On Mar 01, 2013
Hope it's not too late
I vote onlytruth as Eze Ndi Igbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 11:39am On Mar 01, 2013
FAST-LINK:
Hope it's not too late
I vote onlytruth as Eze Ndi Igbo.

Nope, just in time, 9 more hrs to go.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 11:56am On Mar 01, 2013
PointB,

Just curious, how was the last voter turnout? I see that a Odumchi is saying that we should extend it because of low turnout, though I have to agree with you - keeping to our program outline, but was just curious.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by PointB: 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life: PointB,

Just curious, how was the last voter turnout? I see that a Odumchi is saying that we should extend it because of low turnout, though I have to agree with you - keeping to our program outline, but was just curious.

Last year (time) we lso voted Eze Nwanyi for the first time, and there were also a few protesters. This generated more interest (both in positive and negative way ).

Below is the summary of last year's election:

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The 2012 Eze Ndigbo Nairaland Election included the premiering of Eze Nwanyi election. The 2012 Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland election was a straight contest between the incumbent Eze OnlyTruth and Odumchi - a cabinet member, while the Eze Nwayi was a contest between Ogugua and Policewoman. A total of 157 votes were cast by 86 voters. A total of 141 valid votes were recorded, where 17 votes were deemed invalid.
In the Eze Ndi Igbo Election, the incumbent - Eze OnlyTruth polled a total of 31 valid votes, while the challenger Odumchi polled a total of 37 valid votes. Odumchi is therefore returned as the winner of the Eze Ndigbo Nairaland 2012 Election.
In the premier Eze Nwayi Nairaland 2012 Election, Policewoman polled a total of 32 valid votes, while Ogugua polled a total of 42 valid votes. Ogugua is therefore returned as the winner of Eze Nwayi Nairaland 2012 Election.

But in all fairness, I believe this year election is much better organized and voters are also better informed on the candidate as a result of the debate. Credit to Ogugua, yourself (Manny) and 9ja_I_hail. I must say the MODs (OAM4J and Afam) were also instrumental as well as the Candidates and our people who drove the debate and Q&A session.

So in all, we raised the bar this year, and that is a good thing.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by Emmy9898: 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
PointB:

I believe most people who saw the nomination thread would have followed this thread, and perhaps cast their votes. If they didn't then that's awkward. Extending the vote should be done if the various candidate propose and support the idea, otherwise it will appear to the ordinary eyes that we seek to favour one against the other. Otherwise, i believe we should stick to the plans and find ways and means to improve the turn-out another time.

I support the bolded part.

You have laboured hard to conduct a very successful and transparent election. Please, do not spoil it by entertaining this latest Odumchi's suggestion.

The key problem of changing or tinkering with the rules of an ongoing election process is that it introduces speculations as to which of the contestants would gain or lose unfairly from such changes. We don't want that, do we?

Therefore, it will be ideal if all changes to the election process are made prior to the commencement of the election.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
I vote Alex 101. This election must be extended. Alex must win! A zikite and Peter obi sycophant has no place in igboland in 2013.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
You cannot change the rules in the middle of the game.The elections shpuld proceed and terminate as earlier planned.Shikena
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe: I vote Alex 101. This election must be extended. Alex must win! A zikite and Peter obi sycophant has no place in igboland in 2013.

Unfortunately, the election cannot be extended at this time. I can pretty much tell you that given the time constraint on our hands, with less publicity, contrary to what some people think, we have enough votes as compared to last year. Although you vote is noted.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
PointB:

Last year (time) we lso voted Eze Nwanyi for the first time, and there were also a few protesters. This generated more interest (both in positive and negative way ).

Below is the summary of last year's election:

But in all fairness, I believe this year election is much better organized and voters are also better informed on the candidate as a result of the debate. Credit to Ogugua, yourself (Manny) and 9ja_I_hail. I must say the MODs (OAM4J and Afam) were also instrumental as well as the Candidates and our people who drove the debate and Q&A session.

So in all, we raised the bar this year, and that is a good thing.

I agree with you bros, in the next 3 and half hrs (noon my time), I will forward to all of you what I've computed so far. I strongly believe we did fairly better this time around and I'm certain no one will be question the authenticity of their vote, because this represents their voice.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

Unfortunately, the election cannot be extended at this time. I can pretty much tell you that given the time constraint on our hands, with less publicity, contrary to what some people think, we have enough votes as compared to last year. Although you vote is noted.
The election should hit the homepage before termination unless we will see it as a grand plan to coronate onlytruth. Afterall the previous thread made it to the homepage. If you put more pressure on the Mods, they would.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by achi4u(m): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
^^^

yes we can extend this election till Sunday eveninig in other to carry everybody along.

let it appear on FP
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
The election should hit the homepage before termination unless we will see it as a grand plan to coronate onlytruth. Afterall the previous thread made it to the homepage. If you put more pressure on the Mods, they would.

There's no grand plan to coronate Onlytruth, all votes expressed on this thread are the sole intention of the voters. I do not posses a crystal ball in front of me to to change people mind nor have I explicitly supported any candidate.

The previous one made front page, however, I'll advice that you visit the previous page and perhaps the one before for clarification on 9ja_I_Hail's comment on the issue. Please, after you have done that, I can elaborate further.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
achi4u: ^^^

yes we can extend this election till Sunday eveninig in other to carry everybody along.

let it appear on FP

We do not have control of the FP scenario, 9ja_I_hail appealed to the super mods or Seun through Afam to support this topic on FP, but they refused stating their reasons. No one has control over FP matter, however, being that we cannot influence it, it will be a serious breech of transparency if we deviate from the stipulated time.

For instance, take a look at this statement below

FreeGlobe: I vote Alex 101. This election must be extended. Alex must win! A zikite and Peter obi sycophant has no place in igboland in 2013.

Look at it and tell me something isn't wrong about it? What makes you believe that hypothetically speaking that Onlytruth supporters would want it extended? So as you can see, there's serious conflict of interest, and to avoid conflicts, we better stick to the plan and timeline, however, like PointB suggested, if the extension is a problem, let the three candidates agree to it.

I'll let to state further, we have no control of FP, and I'll talk to Ogugua88 or PointB and see if we can move this thread to FP but the extension is something I can't dabble with.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
Compare 58 pages for the nomination thread with this(6). It just too poor. I would suggest we ask the 3 contestants first. If the 3 agree then we can shift it. We also need to move this to the front page.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by PointB: 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:

achi4u: ^^^

let it appear on FP

9ja_I_hail made an appeal for a FP promotion of the thread on the complaint thread. Other people made similar efforts. Obviously the Super MODs/Admin didn't consider it thread for FP for reason not disclosed by them. You should rather commend the efforts put in by everyone rather than make demands not within their powers.

In anycase, if you can pressure to MOD to take it to the FP, we would be more than happy.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

There's no grand plan to coronate Onlytruth, all votes expressed on this thread are the sole intention of the voters. I do not posses a crystal ball in front of me to to change people mind nor have I explicitly supported any candidate.

The previous one made front page, however, I'll advice that you visit the previous page and perhaps the one before for clarification on 9ja_I_Hail's comment on the issue. Please, after you have done that, I can elaborate further.
I thought you people said odumchi is still eze until this election is concluded. Well, I agree. He has asked that the election be extended. Whether its a bad decision is nobody's business as he is exercising his powers and I believe you or pointb's decision does not override his as the eze.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Compare 58 pages for the nomination thread with this(6). It just too poor. I would suggest we ask the 3 contestants first. If the 3 agree then we can shift it. We also need to move this to the front page.
Yes!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Compare 58 pages for the nomination thread with this(6). It just too poor. I would suggest we ask the 3 contestants first. If the 3 agree then we can shift it. We also need to move this to the front page.

The nomination thread was pretty much about arguments, questions and answers, debate back and forth, voting, expressing both positive and negative thoughts, even those who engaged in bickering, fighting and what have you. The nomination thread was everything that gave birth to the final vote. You can't compare them sided by side, the voting thread was STRICTLY to cast your vote and nothing more. All other discussion was directed to the nomination thread. Give and take, a clean 6page of voting is something compared to 58 pages of everything culminated into a one thread.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I thought you people said odumchi is still eze until this election is concluded. Well, I agree. He has asked that the election be extended. Whether its a bad decision is nobody's business as he is exercising his powers and I believe you or pointb's decision does not override his as the eze.

This isn't about powers my brother, no one is fighting for power here, at least, I know I'm not. However, if I review any further of our guiding principles, if the Eze's power includes deciding election principles, then I'll defer the case to them, let them treat it. However like I said, to avoid conflicts of interest, it's best to keep to schedule.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
I have reviewed the Constitution, please permit me to come back with a post in a few.

Pursuant to the Section 2.2(b) which states

b. Interpret and adjudicate on issues emanating from the conduct of the election

I believe that several post by PointB and 9ja I hail has supported their view on the interpretation of the conduct of the election which includes, the time extension as VOID, however,

Section 3.7(c) - POWER OF EZE,

It states that The Eze may in consultation with his council members

c. Annual or uphold the verdict of Electoral Tribunal in cases of Electoral Petition deferred to them

However, given that the Eze doesn't have an active council to decide the matter, the Constitutional Authority doesn't apply to this case.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

The nomination thread was pretty much about arguments, questions and answers, debate back and forth, voting, expressing both positive and negative thoughts, even those who engaged in bickering, fighting and what have you. The nomination thread was everything that gave birth to the final vote. You can't compare them sided by side, the voting thread was STRICTLY to cast your vote and nothing more. All other discussion was directed to the nomination thread. Give and take, a clean 6page of voting is something compared to 58 pages of everything culminated into a one thread.
lol... you are comparing 58 pages of everything to 6 pages of voting and discussions too. Tell me you are joking.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by alfaman2: 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
My prediction will come true. Another election in 6 weeks.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by achi4u(m): 3:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Truth talk my brother but we can still reason with them.

manny,pointB & co are you people promising us to extend this voting should this election appear on homepage?
Many of our people are langushing at the other sections.lol

With success being achieved we need to make some noise on that FPgrin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by PointB: 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:

Point of correction, Odumchi did not ask that the election be extended. He only expressed an opinion:

odumchi: It's true that voter turnout in this election has been rather low, compared to previous elections. In addition to that, this thread has yet to appear on the homepage, possibly meaning the majority of us do not know about what is going on. In my opinion, it would be fair to extend the deadline to Monday (or Sunday) so that the thread can make the homepage, and in doing so attract more voters.

But while the opinion, regarding fairness of extension is debatable, the only people that can say for certain if it is fair are the candidates. Until, they express similar opinion as the Eze, the Electoral Body reserves the right to stick to the plan.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by PointB: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
achi4u: Truth talk my brother but we can still reason with them.

manny,pointB & co are you people promising us to extend this voting should this election appear on homepage?
Many of our people are langushing at the sections.lol

Well, you can assist by mobilizing our people to come and vote. I think voter mobilisation is one the characteristics of a good supporter. Kindly do your bit for your preferred candidate, within the time set.

Even if it hits the homepage, I dont think it will be fair to extend it without the permission of the candidates.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
lol... you are comparing 58 pages of everything to 6 pages of voting and discussions too. Tell me you are joking.

Nope, I did not compare, he did

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
achi4u: Truth talk my brother but we can still reason with them.

Many of our people are langushing at the other sections.lol

Look I have no control of the first page but we can deliberate and see what happens next. I don't have a problem with extension, I just don't want members stating that it was extended for known reasons of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

AGF Seeks Further Evidence To Prosecute Saraki, Ekweremadu / Coup Scare: No Evidence Document Referenced By Nigerian Military, SSS Exists / Supreme Court Declares Virtual Court Sittings Constitutional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.