Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 (11859 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by ugojamali(m): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

This isn't about powers my brother, no one is fighting for power here, at least, I know I'm not. However, if I review any further of our guiding principles, if the Eze's power includes deciding election principles, then I'll defer the case to them, let them treat it. However like I said, to avoid conflicts of interest, it's best to keep to schedule.

The Eze should not have any power concerning extensions. D decision lies with the electoral committee. This is not a parliamentary assignment. I support that, unless the 3 candidates unanimously agree or if the electoral committee deem it advisable after due considerations, this election should not be postponed. Else it will be seen as an attempt by some people to alter the voting pattern to favor someone above the others. The committee should remain wise.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by alfaman2: 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
Wuruwuru election is unravelling.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by achi4u(m): 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

Look I have no control of the first page but we can deliberate and see what happens next. I don't have a problem with extension, I just don't want members stating that it was extended for known reasons of us.
Nwanna ikwukwara eziokwu O!cheesy
Our people are unpredictable,anyhow sha we dey!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
ugojamali:

The Eze should not have any power concerning extensions. D decision lies with the electoral committee. This is not a parliamentary assignment. I support that, unless the 3 candidates unanimously agree or if the electoral committee deem it advisable after due considerations, this election should not be postponed. Else it will be seen as an attempt by some people to alter the voting pattern to favor someone above the others. The committee should remain wise.

Aha, this is my fear, it gradually unraveling.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by ugojamali(m): 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I thought you people said odumchi is still eze until this election is concluded. Well, I agree. He has asked that the election be extended. Whether its a bad decision is nobody's business as he is exercising his powers and I believe you or pointb's decision does not override his as the eze.

Eze Odumchi has no power to extend the voting just as president Jonathan has no constitutional power to dictate rules to inec. its a democracy. The electoral committee is the body with all the powers. We can all recommend to them but they take the final decisions. However if they err, the Eze can constitute a panel to look into the matter and sanction them if necessary. That's the way I understand it.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
alfaman2: Wuruwuru election is unravelling.

I don't know what's wuruwuru about it, anyway, whatever floats your boat.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by 9jaIhail(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
achi4u: Truth talk my brother but we can still reason with them.

manny,pointB & co are you people promising us to extend this voting should this election appear on homepage?
M[b]any of our people are langushing at the other sections.lol
[/b]
With success being achieved we need to make some noise on that FPgrin

@Bolded, my brother i personally tried my level best to get the MODS to move the thread to the front page when i realized my plead wasn't coming thru i decided to place advert about this election on several sections of NL. Having done that i believe whomever failed to vote has his or her personal reasons.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by Ngwakwe: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
The unfortunate thing about extending the election is that those Umuigbo we are trying to woo, don't know the contestants and their believes, antecedents or track records.

If my wife log in to Nairaland to cast her vote, who will she vote?

Alex - She don't know you

Biafra Rep - She will be afraid of your user name.

Onlytruth - His moniker is sweeter than his person

Verdict: She will vote based on the sound of their moniker and not the content of their believe

Reason: The nomination thread where manifestos and questions and answers took place is different from the actual voting thread.

What then is the point of extending the election?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by 9jaIhail(m): 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
The election should hit the homepage before termination unless we will see it as a grand plan to coronate onlytruth. Afterall the previous thread made it to the homepage. If you put more pressure on the Mods, they would.

Nwanne without fear or favor, how will you feel if Alex is winning and we the Electoral body decided to deviate from original deadline that was set out from the beginning? Won't you accuse us of favoritism. In all my dealings i like to stand in path of truth.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by ugojamali(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Nwanne without fear or favor, how will you feel if Alex is winning and we the Electoral body decided to deviate from original deadline that was set out from the beginning? Won't you accuse us of favoritism. In all my dealings i like to stand in path of truth.

Exactly. Extension should be done if only the aspirants unanimously agree
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2013
ugojamali:

Eze Odumchi has no power to extend the voting just as president Jonathan has no constitutional power to dictate rules to inec. its a democracy. The electoral committee is the body with all the powers. We can all recommend to them but they take the final decisions. However if they err, the Eze can constitute a panel to look into the matter and sanction them if necessary. That's the way I understand it.
bla bla blah. I guess you don't understand these are two different constitutions you are referring to and you should not use the constitution of Nigeria to generalize every constitution? As long as odumchi is still in office (as generally agreed)and is not among the contestants, he has the right to move elections because of low turnout or fraud unless this particular constitution holds otherwise.

This election should be allowed to atleast run throughout the weekend.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Are you trying to insinuate my fears that you are supporting onlytruth since am supporting ALex? I say this because I guess you didn't understand why I said the election should be extended.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by bandb: 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2013
It is not every dieing mans last wish that is granted. HRH made a sugestion and not a request because he knows it will be difficult .

FreeGlobe:
I thought you people said odumchi is still eze until this election is concluded. Well, I agree. He has asked that the election be extended. Whether its a bad decision is nobody's business as he is exercising his powers and I believe you or pointb's decision does not override his as the eze.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
bla bla blah. I guess you don't understand these are two different constitutions you are referring to and you should not use the constitution of Nigeria to generalize every constitution? As long as odumchi is still in office (as generally agreed)and is not among the contestants, he has the right to move elections because of low turnout or fraud unless this particular constitution holds otherwise.

I've already quoted the Constitution for you - Eze Odumchi DOES NOT have sole powers to make election decisions, he has to do so with consultation of his cabinet pursuant to Section 3.7(c). However, since Eze doesn't have an active cabinet, the Constitutional Authority to make election decision doesn't hold.

This is how I interpret the Constitution.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

I've already quoted the Constitution for you - Eze Odumchi DOES NOT have sole powers to make election decisions, he has to do so with consultation of his cabinet pursuant to Section 3.7(c). However, since Eze doesn't have an active cabinet, the Constitutional Authority to make election decision doesn't hold.

This is how I interpret the Constitution.
and that is not how I interpret it. If he doesn't have a cabinet he still has the powers of the Cabinet. Are you telling us that his time in the office was null and void because he didn't appoint his cabinet. His cabinet. Can the cabinet be more powerful than the eze? Anyway am out.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by 9jaIhail(m): 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nwanne i quoted you and made my comment based on this comment below. As you are eager to see ALex win there are others who are Onlytuth supporters who would feel injustice if we work according to your demand, we the electoral body are neutral and would not like to be bias to any candidate.

FreeGlobe: I vote Alex 101. This election must be extended. Alex must win! A zikite and Peter obi sycophant has no place in igboland in 2013.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by ugojamali(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:

This is not a dictatorship. That is why there is actually a constitution. you can't just wake up and postpone extend elections. Eze odumchi is not a head of state with a khaki uniform!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by nduchucks: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
PointB:

9ja_I_hail made an appeal for a FP promotion of the thread on the complaint thread. Other people made similar efforts. Obviously the Super MODs/Admin didn't consider it thread for FP for reason not disclosed by them. You should rather commend the efforts put in by everyone rather than make demands not within their powers.

In anycase, if you can pressure to MOD to take it to the FP, we would be more than happy.

If the powers that be decide to put this thread on the front page, consider yourselves lucky. Let me point out a few things which should be helpful to you when you conduct future elections.

(1)If you are given the privilege of using someone else's city, like Kano or Lagos, or someone else's website like NL, follow the established rules of engagement.

(2)If you need to apply special rules which are different from established forum rules to a thread, make sure that you obtain authorization from the administrators of the site

(3)When you receive such authorization, apply the said rules uniformly.

Below is Afam's reason for willy nilly hiding posts on this thread - Posts which did not violate any forum rule:

Afam4eva: Let this thread me used for voting. Any post that's not a vote will be hidden. With people discussing on this forum it will make it difficult for whoever is county to do the county. let's limit this thread to voting alone.

As you all can see, he has stopped hiding posts, though the election is not yet over. He did not inform us why he did so. He seems to be coming up with his own forum rules out of thin air. When you bastardize a thread without authorization, you should not wonder why your request to place the thread on the FP is ignored.

Learn to follow rules and be courteous to all forumites in the future.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:
and that is not how I interpret it. If he doesn't have a cabinet he still has the powers of the Cabinet. Are you telling us that his time in the office was null and void because he didn't appoint his cabinet. His cabinet. Can the cabinet be more powerful than the eze? Anyway am out.

Well then, I see your point, over to you 9ja_I_hail
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by PointB: 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:

1. Matters concerning the conduct of the election has not been deferred to him
2. He has not made any ruling or decision, he merely express an opinion.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by alfaman2: 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
ugojamali:

This is not a dictatorship. That is why there is actually a constitution. you can't just wake up and postpone extend elections. Eze odumchi is not a head of state with a khaki uniform!

Constitutionally, Odumchi cannot resign so this is a sham election.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by 9jaIhail(m): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe:

My brother give this issue a rest, i hate when someone trying to force me to abide by what is not right. We cannot change the rule or extend the election just because your candidate or someone you did not want to win is winning. Our decision not to extend the election as suggested by Eze odumchi is to avoid confusion in future. If we obey your demand today,next year someone else will come up with such demand with hope we must abide by it hence we abide to yours. Is good to stand by what we agreed earlier on.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by PointB: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Voting is still open.

Those eligible to vote should please cast their vote. The electoral committee will NOT extend the election even if this thread hits the frontpage, unless the candidates unanimously agree to that, before time elapse.

Rather than mounting pressure at the committee, we advise you can and mobilise voters for your candidates. Until we hear from the candidates, we are staying true to the initial plan.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by alex101(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
FreeGlobe: I vote Alex 101. This election must be extended. Alex must win! A zikite and Peter obi sycophant has no place in igboland in 2013.
Thanks for your vote, but I think I don't agree with the bolded, for it will be seen as a particular candidate is being imposed on the electorate. Brother, even if your candidate (me) don't emerge the winner, I believe we can work with whoever emerges the winner. I have resolved to work with the eventual winner and I'd encourage us all to do so in the interest of Ndigbo. Thanks for your support.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by ugojamali(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
alfaman2:

Constitutionally, Odumchi cannot resign so this is a sham election.

Constitutionally you shouldn't be eating food so your life is a sham
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by ugojamali(m): 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
alex101: Thanks for your vote, but I think I don't agree with the bolded, for it will be seen as a particular candidate is being imposed on the electorate. Brother, even if your candidate (me) don't emerge the winner, I believe we can work with whoever emerges the winner. I have resolved to work with the eventual winner and I'd encourage us all to do so in the interest of Ndigbo. Thanks for your support.

True son of igboland!!!! U earn my respect for that

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
PointB: Voting is still open.

Those eligible to vote should please cast their vote. The electoral committee will extend the election even if this thread hits the frontpage, unless the candidates unanimously agree to that, before time elapse.

Rather than mounting pressure at the committee, we advise you can and mobilise voters for your candidates. Until we hear from the candidates, we are staying true to the initial plan.
Fine at the bolded cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by manny4life(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
alex101: Thanks for your vote, but I think I don't agree with the bolded, for it will be seen as a particular candidate is being imposed on the electorate. Brother, even if your candidate (me) don't emerge the winner, I believe we can work with whoever emerges the winner. I have resolved to work with the eventual winner and I'd encourage us all to do so in the interest of Ndigbo. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for your wonderful comment, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by alex101(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
@ the electoral committee, I'm weary of this thread making it to the front page because of the sole reason of having it derailed by endless trolls. I believe the debate thread had more than enough info and link to this voting thread. Many followed that thread and should have no problem finding this one. I think we must proceed as scheduled for there's work to be done and the next general election for Eze Ndigbo NL is only less than 10 months away.

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
post deleted
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ebe ka m no ihe a nile were na eme.Ndi igbo ibe m mma mma nu.I highly regret not following this thread from beginning but be as it may.First of all I want to thank everybody one way or the other contributed in this ezeship.without saying much let me join from where i met you people from now on i promise to be following this thread till the end.please my absence for a long time is due to work which always makes it very hard for me to always be here so pardon me for that.

With all that being said "anam atunyere onlytruth (eziokwu bu ndu 1 of nairaland.) si ya ga ba niru.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013 by 9jaIhail(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2013

Your point sound wise and clear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman / Gov Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For UNILAG Alumni Research Center (PHOTOS) / Anthony Usoro Resigns, To Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.