Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews (9566 Views)

Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews / Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. / : The Fate Of A Physics Graduate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by Neeyea: 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
Also as a sequel to my earlier advice, don't forget to Pray and commit the situation to God...He'll some how miraculously help you through!!!
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by Chitexs250(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
benzion72: Being a stammerer is not your making. But the explanation for stammering is that your brain is faster than your mouth. All you do is listen to your brain and keep your cool. You can overcome it if you will allow your brain to harmonise with your mouth
This is the most outstanding definition of stammering and the best way to minimize it, if not totally

Guy God bless you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
I feel for you bro...

Two years ago I stammer a lot, I still do when am anxious or tense.

During the time period mentioned above, I intentional influence my service year to a secondary school just to see whether my stammering can be minimize or overcome. Even my parents and close ones where wondering how am I going to cope..

In the beginning it was tough. You can imagine the principal's comment when I report to my PPA: 'Mr. Femi are you sure you can teach?' I replied : Llllet mmeeee ttttry and ssssee whether I can. Affffter tttthree month if I can't I wwwilll rrrrredeploy'.

After three month, my speech had improve considerably that the principal couldn't help but comment on the improvement. Now it is better you hardly notice the stammering. Now that I see what I can do, I'm considering going for lecturing.

Just confront it head-on and have confident in your self. Try to speak as little as possible when anxious else you will stammer badly. And don't shy away from speaking-responsibilities. That way you will learn to overcome or control it.

The best bro...
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by Ferdinandu(m): 9:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
Learn to be relaxed when you are going for interview.don't try to act like if your life depends on any job,it helps. Besides if you are going for pure Engineering Job,even if the interviewers notice that you are a stammerer,but that you are technically sound,it won't have much impact on the outcome
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by crisycent: 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Your your yur fai fa faith is sssss gu gu gud
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by rubion: 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
crisycent: Your your yur fai fa faith is sssss gu gu gud

Yo you you ar ar are a aaa useless piece of sh!tt

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by Originalsly: 6:27am On Mar 20, 2013
It depends on the job. If you are trying for a job like a lecturer it will work against you. If not it can be of benefit to you in that the interviewer most likely knows stammerers and the hardships they face. So for you to achieve your qualifications he would know that you are a very focused and determined person. I think you should go to interviews with full confidence and don't ever think of it being a setback.
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by smallpope: 7:43am On Mar 20, 2013
cheesy cheesy :DPsycolgically,if he he he he he is is is is is co-co-confide-de-de-de-de-dent in himself,he'lld stammer less............................

Note-:no matterr how long it takes a stammerer,he'll stil pronounce his father's name

:DPsycolgically,if he he he he he is is is is is co-co-confide-de-de-de-de-dent in himself,he'lld stammer less............................

Note-:no matterr how long it takes a stammerer,he'll stil pronounce his father's name
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by dereborn(m): 8:52am On Mar 20, 2013
U cnt just help it wen u ar in front or round table of interviewers.i bliv dey wnt take dat as a minus,bt try 2 b calm & b direct in ur response 2 qustns.guud luk
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by Ehizze(m): 8:52am On Mar 20, 2013
Dis-regard n neglect is his fate if he cannot relax n be composed during a job interview, especialy if d job has 2 do wit relating directly wit customers or clients.
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by bigruki: 10:59am On Mar 20, 2013
put up the mind of "any how e wan be, make e be" forget worries... u cannot predict the future
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by moscobabs(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
chemicstein: Hi pals...I am a recent graduate with a nice class of degree in engineering but I stammer slightly but when tensed it can b pretty bad...am workin towards it shaa...

I want to know how bad it may affect a job seeker during job interview...do interviewers discriminate against stammerers??...

plz I need ur comment from experience or wat u ve learnt concernin d issue!
My brother pls don't be discourage you can get the Job.all you need is to be able to convince the interviewers that you have the capacity to carry on your propose duties.
I have a friend who is now working with Unilever who can not say 'ha'without stammering he got to do interview with 195 candidate and he was the best among the last six candidate which they later employed
Re: What Is The Fate Of A Mild Stammerer At Job Interviews by moscobabs(m): 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ehizze: Dis-regard n neglect is his fate if he cannot relax n be composed during a job interview, especialy if d job has 2 do wit relating directly wit customers or clients.
he can still make it .my friend is a regional manager in Unilever and is a stammerer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Cry Of Nigeria Immigration Pensioneers / What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? / 1.7 Million Nigerians Became Jobless In Nine Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.