Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,554 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:03 PM

2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. (16478 Views)

Senate Presidency- Akume, Tinubu Meet In Lagos / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) / 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by grafikii: 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
The leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, yesterday visited the leader of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari, in Kaduna where the duo engaged in a series of discussions.

Although the discussion which lasted almost three hours was held behind closed doors, Tinubu briefed our correspondent shortly after their meeting ended and gave an insight into the purpose of his visit.

“I am here just to consult with the general on the new merger party, the APC that has come to be, and to look at the various options for a one-man-one-vot e in the country,” he said.

On the workability of the merger, Tinubu expressed optimism that the merger will not just work but will rescue the country from its present situation which, he said, is nothing to write home about. He said: “The merger will definitely work out this time round. I have been very consistent about it; it is only through strong determination and commitment and the sacrifice of the people; it is not only about us as individuals. You have a lot of speculations going on this time round: they have even chosen our presidential candidate for us and all of that, to determine all the sorts of things that we do. It is a banner headline in Nigerian Tribune, but that is the story of people who are already afraid and scared of the unity of purpose that is coming up in the country.

“In essence, we are all committed to democratic principles and values for this country, and a united body ready to rescue the nation with one mission, vision, and one single commitment to alleviate the problems of the masses.

“It is not about individual, it is not about General Buhari. If he wanted money from the government, he would always get it, but he stands for the truth and the masses and the redemption of our democratic value, justice and progress for all -- these are the things that we need to harness the opportunity that is here in this country, to get it moving and moving forward, not the manner it’s been going in the past 16 years.”

On the allegation that the new merging party (APC) is making plans to woo serving and past Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors into it, Tinubu said “if that is a strategy on our part, should I tell you?”

“The facts remain that we must talk to everybody and must woo them. If the PDP chairman, Bamanga Tukur, is interested, let him look through; we will invite him and talk to him. APC is a party to stay with, work with and to share the vision of eliminating corruption, ineptitude in governance and lack of employment for our people. “If you are threatened by lack of security, enter an APC; if you have migraine or persistent headache use APC,” he said.

For his part, Buhari said he concurred with all that was said by Tinubu. He also dared the PDP to counter his statement when he said the PDP had merged with INEC, police, judiciary and the pension funds ahead of the 2015 general elections.

He said, “If it (PDP) and its chieftains are going to counter me they should. You can go and study the three judicial or Supreme Court judgements of 2003, 2007 and 2011 and get the hearings on NEPA, NNPC, pension scheme; whatever I said is factual.”

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/48688/2013/02/27/2015_apc_force_reckon_tukur.html

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by grafikii: 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2013
God please let this thing work this time around o

19 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by takedat(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
There is a hope of a new vista if these two can put their individual aspirations aside! It is only when we have a party in might as the PDP, that would make PDP re-evaluate its place in the sociopolitical life of the people!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by okosodo: 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nigerians should not trust anything that comes from buhari and tinubu. They are worse than jonathan. Lets look 4 another aliance

13 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by takedat(m): 7:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
okosodo: Nigerians should not trust anything that comes from buhari and tinubu. They are worse than jonathan. Lets look 4 another aliance
Anyone suggestion in mind? Or is it a Jonathan and Anenih?

33 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by alkadriyar(m): 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
okosodo: Nigerians should not trust anything that comes from buhari and tinubu. They are worse than jonathan. Lets look 4 another aliance

PLs mention a better alliance o. Or maybe PDP, INEC with Police.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by alkadriyar(m): 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
alkadriyar:

PLs mention a better alliance o. Or maybe PDP, INEC with Police.
To make it a perfect 1, add d Judiciary

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by miiraaj: 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2013

He who is already down, fears no fall! I can't imagine anything worse than GEJ and his PDP!

23 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by HAH: 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Anything with Buhari seriously unsettle s the PDP and Gej camp, just watch out and see the comments from attack dog on this meeting

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by babarazy: 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
I was there when they were discussing.
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by yacsabdul(m): 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
ur a full. Sai Gen Buhari

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by daywatcher: 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
both parties are out of touch with the masses..instead of making noise about hospitals, roads, school..etc, they are busy choosing who will president....awon oloshi

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by Symphony007: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Funny, 2015 is fast approaching and this "new party" does'nt have a manifesto and ordinary nigerians who don't follow the news like you and i don't know what apc is. I wonder how this people will pull off a win because for all their faults, every nigerian knows PDP, and they might just stick to the devil they know than the angel they don't..tinubu and his folks should get to work and stop all this small talk.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by kheart(m): 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hmmm
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by Akiika: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ndigbo! where are you? Are you in?
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by omarky(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
Optimistic is all I can say.....

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by oniwo(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
grin grin
I dey laugh ooooo
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
Good for them

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
Even if it's gonna be Abacha and Awolowo, so far they ain't running under PDP, they av my votes

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by GudluckIBB(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2013
I pray that come 2015, jonanthan wud have been arrested and tried By Gen Buhari.Then our president,(Buhari) will reduce the price of petrol,create Jobs,reduce the price of Garri. And then peeps like Ahmadu Ali,Anenih,Akpabio,labaran Maku,Reno omokri,Reuben Abati,GEJ Oronto Douglas and Co will be cooling off In either a blue or Green uniform In one of those Govt buildings with high fences.
Lord,I know u will Use Buhari to Actualize these dreams in jesus Name
Amen!!

30 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by teskyg: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2013
Kk.We won't vote for Terrorist(Buhari) and Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by ril19(m): 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
these old cats just can't leave the political play ground for the fresher minds to operate. George w Bush snr n jnr still dey alive o, even bill clinton n others seff, but nobody dey hear dem dey seek media attention like these naija oldies dem. Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by Fathai(m): 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nigeria is just full of thieves noni
it will only take by God grace to
reform it.......both party are thieves.....just that the new APC
have less cabal.....and it will be easy to bring out pdp flaws....when they are on power
....so APC al the way....vote for APC.....and u will get to know some great secret about PDP..

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
Assembly of Perfect Criminals (APC), cant run Nigeria. They are too military and illiterate to pilot a 21st century nation. Anyone under the age of 40 that supports APC is naive and needs re-education.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by akinwun(m): 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
This their occultic plotting and movement will never come to fruition

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by miiraaj: 10:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
GudluckIBB: I pray that come 2015, jonanthan wud have been arrested and tried By Gen Buhari.Then our president,(Buhari) will reduce the price of petrol,create Jobs,reduce the price of Garri. And then peeps like Ahmadu Ali,Anenih,Akpabio,labaran Maku,Reno omokri,in Sincere9gerian ,Reuben Abati,GEJ Oronto Douglas and Co will be cooling off In either a blue or Green uniform In one of those Govt buildings with high fences.
Lord,I know u will Use Buhari to Actualize these dreams in jesus Name
Amen!!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by takedat(m): 10:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
The merchants of doom, hate speech dispensers, bigots, armchair critics and spectocrats who wants the best but sees the worst in the entire political process and participants, those who have the solution to all the problems bedevilling the country but do nothing about them. The aforementioned are the ones who are tired of PDP but remain politically docile while waiting for a party made of saints and perfectionists to challenge and wrestle power from PDP. Instead of them to show support for the alternative party which will make PDP take Nigerians seriously between now and the next elections, their job is to condemn the alternative, which will make the words of an erstwhile PDP chairman, that PDP will rule Nigeria for 60 years either for good or bad because he knows that Nigerians only pay lip service to change!

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by quality01(m): 10:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
We dey watch who APC wil bring out as presidential candidate.obviously not tinubu or buhari if not PDP all d way oooo
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by bcomputer101: 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
teskyg: Kk.We won't vote for Terrorist(Buhari) and Tinubu.

Point out any of your family that is better than them...

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by likitaboka(f): 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
Make we dey watch dey see the movie is coming out 2015
Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by Abirisegun(m): 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
The most intelligent politician - Tinubu, I hail o. I can emergine the end result of all this talks.
By September this year Buhari/Rochas or Buhari/Fashola, that is what will progressively progress d politics and economy of Nigeria.
Sai Buhari!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. by babaowo: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
I think Nigerians need a change but since 1976 new goverment always worst than pass ones, may God help us ijn....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Declares Kogi Senatorial Rerun Election Inconclusive / Sanusi And Dangote Visit Governor Ganduje (Photos) / PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.