Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Despite All Odds - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127497 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
Barbra jumped, when she heard the door bell. She glanced at her kids, they were all looking downcast.

"Dad I guess?" Kola rose to his feet.

"With his missy..." Cassandra hissed.

"Sasha? Yipppeee!" Kola screamed flinging himself at Sasha.

"Hey! Don't crush my bones!" Sasha released herself from his hug.

"where is...." her voice trailed off when she saw her mother-looking so pale with buggy eyes and bags surrounding them. Her heart lurched-could it be that her father died?

"Mum...I..." she swallowed.

"Come." Barbra opened her arms.

Without hestation, Sasha ran to her giving her the tightest hug she could.
"Mum are you okay? Dad? What happened?" she looked her mother all over.

"Everybody Is fine." Barbra smiled, she've always prayed for a day her daughter would talk to her in a caring tone.

"Everybody aint fine! Your father..." Cassandra started angrily.

"our father." Dapo corrected.

"Not my father! I disowned him long ago, the only reason why I'm still here is cos I've nowhere to stay!" Cassandra retorted.

"Cassie calm down..." Sasha tried to be polite.

"Stop asking me to calm down! You aint better yourself!" Cassandra shot at her.

"just tell me whats going on, ...then we can eat each others heads later." Sasha scoffed.

Everybody fell silent, nobody expected sasha to be so calm.

"How did you come back?" Dapo asked.

"Uncle Tee Jay paid for my ticket cos I was threatening fire if I don't get to know whats happening back home...so are you gonna tell me whats up now?" Sasha asked.

Her jaw fell when her mother relayed the story to her amidst tears, what came over her father? Was all she could ask herself.
She adjusted her sitting position, trying her best to swallow the curse word about to escape her mouth.

"Where's he and his Joyce?"

"another shopping spree!" Cassandra replied tending her mother.

"Wonderful!" was all Sasha could mutter.

Dapo marvelled at her reaction, he was expecting an outburst, but she was looking so calm- not the Sasha he knew, could it be that Lagos changed her?

A knock interrupted his thoughts.

"It must be them!" Kola whispered.

"I'll get the door" Sasha jumped up.

"Sasha!" Barbra called, but she was already at the door.

"Hi dad..."

Williams almost fainted, how did she get back? He had pleaded with everyone not to let Sasha know...

"Suprised to see me? Hmm" she paved way for them to get in.

"So this is it ehn? Just the best way to pay her back after all she've done for you?" her voice shook as she spoke.

"Sasha do you realise you're talking to your father? Talk to me with respect!" Williams thundered

"Well respect is reciprocal." she grimaced.

"Joyce take those things in." williams said walking briskly to his room.

"Let me have them." Sasha collected the paper bags from Joyce walking off to her mother's bedroom.

"Hey! Who do you think you are? You can't do such!" Joyce protested.

"I'm Sasha Williams"

"Oh you! I've heard about your devilish acts!" Joyce sneered

"You just heard? Wait till you see...seeing ofcourse is believing." Sasha walked off.

"Sasha..." Barbra ran after her daughter, that girl would land her in trouble.

Dapo rose to his feet, as he and his siblings followed their mother.

"Sweerie did you see that?" Joyce cried

"See what? Joyce You caused it all! My family is going apart cos of you!" Williams whined.

"Whatever!" Joyce walked off
"Come with me, I need some massage" She called over her shoulders.

*********u*
Kemi shook her head in pains and fear as she clasped her phone to her ear...

"aunty Kay gu'day to you!" Sasha greeted from the other end

"Sasha are you outta your mind? Don't you know you're making things worse? Dad called me to say you're making trouble...Sasha after all I told you, you still won't drop your thugish attitude?" Kemi rattled, like she's reading from a book.

"so you're supporting dad?" Sasha asked.

"I'm not, but for the love of our mother, lets take things easy, till when that Mgbeke gives birth." Kemi pleaded

"Wait? no way! I want that weenie out of my father's house!" Sasha snapped.

"Listen, Sasha, we're gonna do a DNA test...."

"I don't believe that crap! She should get outta the house before the roof comes crumbling down on her!" Sasha yelled.

"Sasha don't yell at me!"

"I just did! Auntie Kay, you're his first child for crying out loud! Stop acting like some slowpoke and speak out for your mother- our mother!" Sasha wailed

"You just called me a slowpoke?"

"Get off my line!" Sasha snapped.

"Sasha? Hello?..." the line went dead.

"I'm in trouble...." Kemi sobbed throwing her over her head.
"God please help me..." she wailed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
Yeah, i love that gal. #killing spree
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
I told ya when u hear d name sasha u go fear
Fear love her bajebaje
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tanx Bukky luv
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
Crazy Sasha, grin grin now I wish she was my twinnie.

BKay, please edit where you spelled Sasha as Shasha.
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2013
hi Bukky,

Nice story you got, and a nice way of dishing it too. However, some corrections.

Hi, not Hy
She had, not she've.

truancy in the context you use it is not correct.

keep the good work up.
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Tnx alot Damex,Bigshol,candis.
@ sis HBG n Molly, tnx alot, promise to take note.

"Are you gonna talk to me now?" Sasha asked, sitting down opposite her father in his study.

"Leave me alone."

"Leave you alone? No way! I deserve to know what I, my mother and siblings did to deserve such evil treatment from you." Sasha said in a quite voice.

"the deed is done already... You can't go on blaming me." Williams faced her squarely.

"Oh really? You're making it sound like you deserve an award for a good job done." she sneered.

"My wife-your mother has forgiven me, your siblings too, but you're just hyping the whole issue...should I kill my self?" Williams complained.

"I rather be an orphan than have a shameless father!" she grimaced

It came as a flash, it landed thunderously on her face.

"Let me warn you! Mind the language you use at me! I am your father, you have no right to question what I do!" He growled.

Sasha wiped blood from the corner of her lips, clenching her fist tightly she fought back tears. It's close midnight, not a good time to get beaten up.

"yea..you're right.." she spat out blood.

"I believe you're gonna make a choice...soon." she quivered tasting her blood.

"A choice? A choice of what?" Williams cringed at the sight of her blood

"When the time come you'd know." she swallowed.
"I used to think we could sought this out like...like... sane individuals...I never knew my father wasn't human."

"You can hit me as much as you can." she eyed his clenched fists.
"Its your time now,...cos you're the head..."

"You did this cos you wanted to 'belong' right? It's sad you don't know how shameful it is. Have you ever imagined the news..."
she mimicked a reporter

"....Mr Williams-the CEO of Imarculate Nigeria Limited, throws his wife and kids out cos of his pregnant Mistress Joyce..."

"And peoples reactions would be like...'oh..I thought he was a saint', 'he isn't a christian afterall' 'he did it cos he's rich'...common dad...you're damn wicked!"

"I'm not throwing my wife out!" Williams muttered feeling guilty

"Stop talking thrash! What wife are you talking about? The woman you betrayed??" Sasha yelled.

"I've ever told how much I hate you before?" she checked her voice.
"I started hating you right from the day you bundled me to Lagos, and I'm hating you more for the pain you're causing my mother"

She fell silent, her fingers tapping on the table furiously.
"I pray for the day, you'll fall, and desperately need my help! I tell you, I'll watch you suffer with relish!" she whispered fiercely.

"But..nothing should happen to my mother, cos I'd kill you with my bare hands."
she spat some blood on the table before walking off.

Williams stared at the bloody saliva...he shivered goose pimples covering his body.

Sasha held the door knob, deciding whether to go in or not. She could hear Joyce singing loudly reminding her so much of Folake. She released the door knob rubbing her chin, it still hurts after her father's slap, she nearly swore that her jaw was dislocated.

"Doing what?" Dapo held her from behind.

"Oh..hey.."

"a penny for your thought.." he laughed.
"Mum is in?"

"Dunno.." she replied, waving at Cassandra who was standing like a ghost.

"Mum?"

they filed into the room.

Barbra looked up at them, smiling her best.

"Rearranging your wardrobe?" Cassandra asked sitting on a stool.

"Yea...putting my clothes into my bags." Barbra replied picking up a dress from the floor.

"why packing'em into bags?" Sasha asked as her mother zipped up the bags.

No reply.

"Mum?"

Barbra looked up, her eyes stained with tears.

"Mum don't start crying again." Dapo chided.

"I'm leaving." Barbra announced in a croaky voice.

"Leaving? Don't get you.." Cassandra frowned.

"you see...." Barbra sat on her bed.
"I've never imagined myself sharing my husband with someone else. We both can't have him, she can have him, but I'm nt staying anylonger." Barbra wiped her face with her dress.

"No mum...you can't do this to us...we'll talk to dad." Sasha said with desperation

"I don't want him to hit you again...you're not used to it." Barbra patted her.

"Mum..."

"I saw it last night..I heard everything." Barbra smiled sadly.

"If you truly love me, let me go." Barbra wept hugging her children.

"Mum...I...what happened?" Kola stuttered running into the room.

"mum, we can't stay here without you..mum please." sasha wailed.

"Where is mum going to?" Kola asked confused.
"Mum you're leaving daddy?"

"I'm leaving for my good, I don't want to have a heart attack ." Barbra sniffed.

"then we're coming with you" Cassandra sobbed.

"No, stay in your father's house. You're still schooling. When I get an apartment, I let you know okay?" Barbra said amidst tears.

"But mum..." Dapo sniffed.

"Dapo please, tori Olohun...don't try to stop me this time again."
Barbra pleaded.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
*sniffs* williams slapped my sasha? He hits her? I am going to skin him alive. *where is my ammunition* *goes into my arsenal*
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Damex333: *sniffs* williams slapped my sasha? He hits her? I am going to skin him alive. *where is my ammunition* *goes into my arsenal*
tongue like you would hurt a fly.

Sasha is too much
Re: Despite All Odds by oyestephen(m): 8:35am On Jul 26, 2013
oh oh...sasha......u hear that name and u are frightened
Re: Despite All Odds by Ollyfad(f): 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
Hey bukkydan,d bedroom scene gt me cryin.pls let sasha stay nd shw dat hm breaker d stuff she's made of,u cn as wel add kenny as an icing 2 d cake.gud 2 a av u bk
Re: Despite All Odds by breadplanet(f): 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Hmmm....
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ollyfad: Hey bukkydan,d bedroom scene gt me cryin.pls let sasha stay nd shw dat hm breaker d stuff she's made of,u cn as wel add kenny as an icing 2 d cake.gud 2 a av u bk
hey..you hv actually reminded me I need to update.
Re: Despite All Odds by Slickest(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bukky dan...kindly number ur updates so we can know itz not nigerian soaps dat lasts 4ever...williams dey dull 4ma syd...which kind crazy pikin bdat...sasha dey mad ni?
Re: Despite All Odds by Youngtekkey(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
men the story is awesome i like it so much keep on the good work,I LIKE THAT SASHA COZ SHE IS BRAVE
Re: Despite All Odds by goldwaters(f): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bukky, ur story is on front page ooooo! Congrats!!! Oya update.
Re: Despite All Odds by Cestmoi1(f): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
bookmarked....
Re: Despite All Odds by Mrshroud: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ice4jez: sasha is seventeen and talks to pple older than her by lowest five years.my dear this ur story if na naija setting dey for don beat her die..
lol...bro, u're on point like my c.g.p.a...lmao
Re: Despite All Odds by BestBabe1: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bukky please where are you? continue the story please, i beg you with all my Heart Dearie.
Re: Despite All Odds by BestBabe1: 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm interesting.
Re: Despite All Odds by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Neva read ur stories though buh am beginin 2 c wat i've bin misin. I don turn 2 follow follow
Re: Despite All Odds by glowrya(f): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hmmmmmm i wonder what Sasha wld do to Joyce, cos its aint going to be easy wiv d little devil around. Nice work Bukky

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Spongeback=real life Sasha wink
Re: Despite All Odds by Rajosh(m): 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
At last i've caught up with y'all.Now,I can go have my long overdue lunch. Bukky na because of you I no chop since o...Sasha pls show that good for nothing home wrecker the stuff you're made of.
Re: Despite All Odds by ninja4life(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
Lol i just love d character of sasha its just like me but i donot hav d liver to try those nonsense she did cos na 41 strokes of cane i go recieve lmao.i've got some sasha character except dat am not devish like her but i can be wierd sometimes am enjoying d story.but honestly i think barbra is over-reacting maybe dats because am a guy or something wen i heard news of my dad had a child with another woman i dont know why i didnt really feel as sad as mr williams children cos i know shit happens.anyway kudos to bukky expecting update
Re: Despite All Odds by SMIG(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=ninja4life]Lol i just love d character of sasha its just like me but i donot hav d liver to try those nonsense she did cos na 41 strokes of cane i go recieve lmao.i've got some sasha character except dat am not devish like her but i can be wierd sometimes am enjoying d story.but honestly i think barbra is over-reacting maybe dats because am a guy or something wen i heard news of my dad had a child with another woman i dont know why i didnt really feel as sad as mr williams children cos i know sh m also lyk sasha....bt hey u knw d limits in a 9ja setting...btw bukky update shaparly nw
Re: Despite All Odds by lirusehn(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nis story yuv got. More inkz 2 ur pen.
My Father has 4 wives wif 19 children. Wch is damn 2u awesome 2 me sinz non of us is lacking. Xo i aint sure if its a crime wiv regardz 2 Mr Wlilliamz case. @Shaha plz dnt try me,kindly park well
@Bukky wia thou art?

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Cutekriss(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
bigsholly: D name sasha is d beginning of fear, if
Joyce loves herself she should leave b4
Sasha returns cos hell go broke.
shocked shocked grin
Re: Despite All Odds by IAMBREEZY: 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
Great story BUKKYDAN ,now i gat to start from chapter 1
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bukky bebe, your on front page oo...where u dey? grin grin congrats love...you deserve it, now come update angry
Re: Despite All Odds by MizSammy(f): 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wonderful story.... Kip it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.