Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Despite All Odds - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127490 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
Double post
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
@ Bigshol..lol, your siblings are like Sasha n Kenny? Woah! Hope you aint like 'em too oh...lol.
Tnx alot luv.

@ Adisa, lol, tnx man.

Tnx alot@ sis HBG #hugs#

@ Melancholy tnx too

@Modele2 and Fujirice # pours holy water on them# peace, peace, peace. Lol
@ Modele2 ..neva knew names of characters also matter in a story..all the same tnx.
@AIMd1st drugs?shocked errm.
@ Ablyguy..m here o...#hugs#.

@ Madam Princesa, omo Ibo ni not weed o...as for Mr Itbomb #lips sealed#

@gandluv hpe you don't mind lunchwink.

Tnx alot Mz Sammy...

Love ya 'all #hugs#
Re: Despite All Odds by fujirice: 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thanx for the update and more ink to your.... to your....
Abeg more feathers to your cap jor before I bite my tongue....lol!
Re: Despite All Odds by Rajosh(m): 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
Bukky tnx for the update. More we want more!
Re: Despite All Odds by olekubaby: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
TOO SLOW FOR MUA JOOR.
BUKKYDAN 3 7 8 BUKKY PLS JOOR NONI OOOO
MORE MORE
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
Am beginning 2 like William attitude, i can't
Believe he can got d gut 2 tell joyce d door
Is always open whenever she feels like leaving
Bukkydan weldon as usual
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
Weldone bukky for all the wonderful stories you av been updating. Thanks a lot for giving me the impression dat nigerian youths arent wasteful after all. I really commend ur effort, i av read all d stories u av written here on nairaland and i feel guilty for not saying anything. Ur creativity is not something one can jst over look. U really need to be encouraged. And pls am stil waiting for d next update, Jst cant get enough.....
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
*in sasha's voice* cool omo ibo, warreva you name isgrin the door is always open o!

Thanks for da update ma'am.
Re: Despite All Odds by Dusha94(f): 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
It just continues to get more and more interesting,cnt really wait to see hw dese will end.Well done bukky!!!........
Re: Despite All Odds by debayun(m): 11:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mtcheeeeeeewwwwwwwwww

Hmmm

It is well I jst feel lyk stretching my arms into d movie to strangle joyce and sasha angry

D story dey make me vex sef no b sey he bad ooo dnt get me wrong bt I dey vex abeg bukyy omo mi make sure joyce surfers lyk hell and ends up poor and miserable till she dies amen

Useless home-wreckers dnt mind me readers its because am kinda related to such a storry here in d real world and as am reading dis am getting so angry angry angry angry

May all u home-wreckers surfer on earth and in hell may u all neva knw peace cry cry amen
Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 6:50am On Aug 03, 2013
'Do you think this dada is for fashion'that place gats me cracking ma ribs,girl u gat talent keep it rolling wen should I be expecting the next update
Re: Despite All Odds by funnysaint(m): 7:15am On Aug 03, 2013
Sasha and Kenny, a very wrong combination of the highest order. am enjoying u, giving u close marking. Next Update please, loading right. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Despite All Odds by princesa(f): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2013
debayun:
Mtcheeeeeeewwwwwwwwww

Hmmm

It is well I jst feel lyk stretching my arms into d movie to strangle joyce and sasha angry

D story dey make me vex sef no b sey he bad ooo dnt get me wrong bt I dey vex abeg bukyy omo mi make sure joyce surfers lyk hell and ends up poor and miserable till she dies amen

Useless home-wreckers dnt mind me readers its because am kinda related to such a storry here in d real world and as am reading dis am getting so angry angry angry angry

May all u home-wreckers surfer on earth and in hell may u all neva knw peace cry cry amen
oga take am easy, God is in control grin
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 03, 2013
"U think dis dada on. My head is for decoration"?
BK...U rock
Joyce is sitting on a long thinnnnnng
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by cindyjustice: 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
This is my first time of commenting on anything on nairaland. Pls come and complete this story na.I need it like seriously.
Re: Despite All Odds by Kulfrank: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2013
pls bukky,am patiently waitin...
Re: Despite All Odds by Laxy009(m): 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
Bukky tanx 4 d update o. I kan't jst stop reading ur story. Pls update more cos am addicted already.
Re: Despite All Odds by Cestmoi1(f): 3:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
phew! i've caught up wit u finally.i love sasha....gud job.kudos!
Re: Despite All Odds by Iamcharlez(m): 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
Madam bukkydan! Though am new here! Buh bin a silent reader eva since. I wanted avoidin commenting. Dat i cudn't do wen i came acros *lara's fate*. I wud say u a gem buh, U RE XCEPTIONAL. #teambukkydan.
Re: Despite All Odds by MizSammy(f): 6:38am On Aug 05, 2013
Bukky pls come nd update na

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
Williams smiled with gratitude as Barbra helped him with his suit jacket- she was bent on dressing him up that morning.

"You're making me look like a helpless little boy." he chuckled.

"Well..." Barbra shrugged knotting his tie, bringing up the memories of their courting days.

"You don't look like you're going out today?" he observed.

"I told you, My sister is coming over to see me."

"Oh! My bad!" he scratched his head.

"Bye for now.." he kissed her picking his briefcase.

"Errrm..." Barbra hesitated.

"Yes?" Williams stoped moving.
"You want anything?" he teased.

Barbra stared at her fingers, she wasn't sure of what to say.

"talk to your husband.." Williams sat beside her.

"I want to ask you for a favour.." she began.

"favour? Anything for you! Just name it." he encouraged.

"I..want..errm...I want you to..to..to apologise to...errm....Joyce." she stammered.

"I beg you pardon?"

"Look..the way you talked to her the other night wasn't good at all...atleast not for a pregnant woman." she squeezed his hands.

"I can't..."

"Yes you can!" she cut in.
"please for the sake of the baby she's carrying, you can't continue treating her like a thrash can...please."

"For my sake please" she added quickly.

Williams exhaled sharply- what on earth was his wife asking him to do? Has she suddenly forgotten what Joyce' mission was? Women are so impossible- he thought.

"I didn't really mean to upset you, I was just trying to make things right." Barbra spoke sensing her husband's state of mind.

"Alright..let me go to work. I'll see what I can do about it." Williams rose to his feet.

"You're not talking to her now? As in apologise this morning?" Barbra asked looking disappointed.

"Iya Kemi!" Williams almost yelled. He always called her that name whenever she's becoming too difficult to control.

"I'm sorry.." Barbra shrugged.

"okay, is it not apology? Ehn? Why not if it'll make you happy."

"Really?" Barbra hugged him.

"Yea, bye." Williams kissed her goodbye.

+++++++++
"so you've come to throw my things out?" Joyce asked her hands akimbo as Williams shut the door behind him.

"No...not at all, just came to I'm sorry." Williams replied trying his best not to stare at her exposed thighs.

"for?"

"For the way I talked to you few nights ago." Williams replied.

"You just remembered to apologise now? Or you suddenly got tired of your wife?" she asked half-suprised.

"What I did was wrong, I'm sorry." williams replied looking at everything except her.

"Apology accepted, on one condition."

"What?"

"You're gonna make love to me here and now!" Joyce snapped her fingers.

"What? Even with the pregnancy?" Williams asked bewildered

"What with that? I still have feelings." she rolled her eyes seductively.

"I cheated on my wife once, and I'm not willing to do that again! Okay?" Williams glared at her.

"Okay...lets see how it goes." Joyce leaned on the door,
"Williams! Its either you do it now, or you'll have to scream for your wife to come open the door for you."

Williams swallowed, what kind of hot trouble did he fix himself into? His palms became sweaty as Joyce pulled off her dress exposing her cleavage. She walked towards him..

"Back off Joyce! Don't move an inch close to me! I'd be forced to push you!" He thundered.

"Lets see how you'd manage." Joyce laughed grabbing his jacket.

"Stop this! Devil!" Williams struggled as Joyce professionally covered him with her lips.

He was about giving in when a sharp tap on the door tore them apart.

The door creaked open and two pair of eyes stared at them in shock.

Williams quickly adjusted his tie, straightened his rumpled suit, rubbed his swollen lips, without a second glance at Joyce who was still struggling to cover her unclad self; he walked past the intruders like nothing happened.

2 Likes

Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tnx alot @ Fujirice, Rajosh, Olekubaby, Bigshol, oluswaggz, SisHBG, Dusha, funnysaint, vickii Ro, cindy, Kulfrank, Laxy, Cest moi, charlez, miz sammy...et'al
You're the best#hugs and kisses#.

@ Debayun...sorry o! God is with you.
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
I sense trouble
Hope dat was Sasha sha...so she cn give anoda meaning to d word. Trouble
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
Kenny led the trembling Sasha to her room, he was trembling too.
Kola who was drinking tea at the living room, had prompted them immediately he saw their father heading to Joyce's room.
They ran towards the room with the aim of eavesdropping while Kola hurried off the school.
Sasha had knocked and pushed the door open when she got tired of trying to make meanings, out of the meaningless words she heard.
They were both shocked to the marrow, that they could say or do nothing.

"You didn't see anything, did you?" Kenny asked Sasha who was quite.

She shook her head..

"Thank God." he sighed, he wouldn't want Sasha seeing provocating scenes.

"So he didn't repent afterall." He stated.

Sasha simply nodded.

"Do you think we should tell?"

Sasha shook her head in response.

"no right? Your mummy might hype the whole thing and threaten to leave again right?" He asked again.

Sasha simply nodded.

"Oh please reply with your mouth! Stop nodding and shaking your head like what I don't know!" Kenny snapped irritated.

"You're up already?" Barbra walked into the room without notice.

"Morn'in momma" Kenny greeted her

"How was your night?" she hugged Kenny, then Sasha.
"You don't look good...what wrong?" she asked Sasha who was just staring at her.

Kenny swallowed hard, he wished he could kick Sasha out of the zombie state she transformed into. That girl shouldn't let the cat out of the bag.

"Kenny, whats wrong with her?"

"She complained of a mild headache." Kenny lied.

"Sasha? Ki lo de?" Barbra shook her.

Sasha snapped back to the present, tears filled her eyes.

Kenny shuffled his feet. 'God please shut her mouth...atleast for now.' he prayed.

"Mum...you believe I love you right?" Sasha found her voice.
"No matter what, I really love you huh?"

"Yes my dear" Barbra hugged her, looking confused.

"Mum, I truly love you, I really do! Even...even...even if everybody won't..." Sasha whispered hugging her mother tightly.

"I love you too." Barbra patted her back giving Kenny a questioning look.

"Mum, Sasha said she aint hungry and Kenny said he won't eat without her." Kola announced taking his seat at the dinning.

"Whats wrong with these kids? They've been acting strange since morning." Barbra complained to her husband.

"The table is so empty, I wish Brother Dapo and Cassie were here." Kola pouted.

Williams glanced at Joyce who was busy working her mouth, then back at his wife who was dishing his food, he felt his heart melt.

"Don't worry, I'll go talk to them, after the meal." He assured his wife.

"Kola eat your food, " he instructed before turning to glare at Joyce who was chuckling silently.

He was going to deal with her separately-he mused.

Williams hardly finished his plate of wheatmeal before rushing off to Sasha's room. He met them sitting on the tiled floor, hands-supporting chins like some troubled souls.

He pulled a stool,sitting before them an accused awaiting judgement.
"Can we talk...about what happened in the morning."

"Hmmm" Kenny sighed

"What happened is not what you think..." Williams said knowing that was a foolish statement.
"I'm sorry." he added, scolding himself for acting as a slowpoke.

"That's good. Apology accepted. And we promise to tell no one." Kenny waved him off.

"Sasha?" he nudged her to speak.

"I might look like a fool, but I'm not one." Sasha said without caution.
"are you this wicked?" she looked her Father in the face.
"You want mum to die of heart attack?"

"I didn't go there to..."

"Save it!" Sasha snapped.
"what kind of life are you leading us into? You're acting like this, what do you expect Dapo, Kola or even Kenny to do in their own homes? Or if Kemi's husband decides to bring another woman home? Or Cassie decides to go sleeping around with married men or I too decide to get pregnant for a married man cos afterall 'dad does the same, he aint a saint too' ?" Sasha spoke like she was reading from a book.

"You could recall me telling you weeks ago, how much I hate you?" she took a deep breathe.
"I can't bear your mistress' presence anylonger, its sickening." she made a face.

"I want that slut out of this house before the end of this week." she ordered.
"And failure to do that leads to me telling mummy all I saw and me throwing Joyce out myself." she snapped her fingers in emphasis.

"Sasha?" Kenny shook her.
"You're talking to your father!" he warned

"you can get her an apartment then go there to sleep with her and do all manner of rubbish! Stop corrupting my innocent mind pulleease!" she concluded walking briskly to her bathroom.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ds story s gettin annoyin.. How can she talk to ha dad like d@?

Do smetin abt it Bukky
Re: Despite All Odds by Peterpan1(m): 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
More pls.
Re: Despite All Odds by Melancholy(m): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
Yea, bukkydan nice one!But I guess this not american setting, so where is sasha coming from?This is naija where culture highly appreciated.I want a scene where joyce wins the heart of mr williams and pack out together to stress ur characters in this movie.
Re: Despite All Odds by fujirice: 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
Guyz? Lets take it easy on her please. Allow the OP to express her creativity without this TOO MUCH suggestions! Let her WOW us bikonu!
Thanx for y'all anticipated compliance *winx*

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by funnysaint(m): 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
nice story so far. really interesting, i dey gbadun u jor
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 06, 2013
@Funny,I dont tink u were here wen we were givin ha encouragement wen she meeded it most n nobody s criticising ha it just d fact d@

d Williams family r african,yorubas for that mater... I tink yorubas hav d richest culture in terms of respact...

@Bukky,weldne jare buh pls luk into d mata..tnx dear
Re: Despite All Odds by MizSammy(f): 5:07am On Aug 06, 2013
grin smiley
Re: Despite All Odds by MsSpaqs(f): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2013
Nyc!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.