Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Despite All Odds - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127495 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite All Odds by MizSammy(f): 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
Slickest: Bukky dan...kindly number ur updates so we can know itz not nigerian soaps dat lasts 4ever...williams dey dull 4ma syd...which kind crazy pikin bdat...sasha dey mad ni?
oga slickest, we dey wait ur nxt ghost story o. dnt kip us waiting for too lng
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
I looooooooooove Sasha
BK U totally rock......Following like never before
U just made my week
May d good God whom u serve fill ur beautiful head wit more fantabulous ideas
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
My bukkydan don mk am 2 front page oooo
Dancing anzoto lol oya come update sharply oo
Re: Despite All Odds by fujirice: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wonderful story I must tell you! I was hooked from the first line and that you Sasha of a girl, I'm digging her mehn!
Buh you know say you don buy market as you hit front page so? Hihihihihihihihihihi
kip up the good work dear
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 10:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ehn? Ogini? Frontpage?
#jumps from her bed...dancing kukere...#
and where's Damex? Ehn?

@ sis HBG....luv ya loads..tnx 4 ya support.

@Bigshol...luv ya too

thanks@ ya'all.. XOXO
Next update loading....
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 11:52pm On Jul 27, 2013

Barbra was sitting on her bed, studying her Bible; when Williams strolled into the room.
He stood a few metres away from her, observing her- she didn't look up, the satin veil covering her head made it difficult for him to see her face.

Thank God she agreed to stay back, he sighed. Life would have been terrible if she had left with the kids. He had called Ashley and her husband for help, when he overheard her telling the children about her decision to quit the marriage. Even Kemi had flown in from Lagos against Medical grounds alongside her husband.
He was lucky to have them plead with his wife- everyone seems to be on the 'forgiving side' except Sasha who had vowed never to forgive him. His saviour Kemi was around to take Sasha away.

His mind wandered to Joyce, who'd stay with the family till whenever she gives birth...

"You missed your way?" Barbra's voice cut into his thoughts.

"I...errm...no.." He stuttered smoothening his pyjamas.

"Need anything?" Barbra asked looking up at him, her eyes red and swollen.

"You're not crying again..are you?" Williams asked looking concerned.

He sat beside her only to rise up when Barbra edged away from him.

"What do you want here Williams? Its past twelve midnight!" Barbra noted bluntly.

"I just wanted thank you for...for staying...I mean..for..for not leaving...afterall I've put you through..I'm still very sorry." He spoke nervously.

"I thought you said that this afternoon..."

"Yea.."

"So?" Barbra eyed him.

"I want you to move your things back to our room." He pleaded.

"I'm comfortable here..."

"Please...you can't quit our matrimonial bed just like that..." He sat down again.

"I've heard you!" She bent her head.

"You're coming with me to our room-now?" Williams asked tilting her chin.

"I..." Barbra pushed his hand away ;moving away from him.
He caught her by the shoulder
"Please..." He pleaded looking deep into her eyes.

Barbra lowered her eyes, she began feel those butterflies fluttering inside her- a feeling she'd tried to keep away for so many years. She knew she couldn't hate him, not even the intruder can make her hate her first love. She wished Joyce never came along...she wish...

She shut her eyes when she felt his lips rub hers...she wished...

Joyce pranced up and down the room she occupied, she trembled like a leaf blown by the harmattan wind.

"What am I going to do?" She muttered in fear.

Her phone rang and rushed to pick it up, million of shivers ran down her spine as she saw the caller ID.

She quickly rehearsed what to say, she definitely won't let him steal her joy. John was a past tense...

"Hello? Her lips quivered.

"look..I said I don't have anything to do with you again! Leave me alone!" She spoke fiercely.

"I've since aborted the pregnancy!" she shrieked after listening for a while.

"listen John, I'm married..you're now my ex, so stop calling me!" She threw her phone on the bed, still trembling.

She had gotten pregnant for him thinking he would marry her, but the opposite was the case-He ran away only to come back when he heard she's gotten a 'rich husband'.

"You can't soil my future Mr John! I don't deal with pauper' anylonger." she said nervously.

She needed a future- a bright future at that. Her unborn child deserves a rich father not a poor one.
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:31am On Jul 28, 2013
I knew it...but what was william thinking I would pack and leave nigeria by foot if my hushband sleeps with 'another' woman. I can never get past that

Btw bukky, you said Barbra had tried to keep her feelings for her hubby @ bay for years why is that? What m tryina ask is were they both abstaining?

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by plus7(m): 9:23am On Jul 28, 2013
Hey Bukky....u are very talented.
Was completely arrested till I finished
the story.

Keep it coming!
Re: Despite All Odds by Halb: 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
I really enjoyed every bit of ur story.*waiting anxiously for more update*
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
I told ya william is nt d father of joyce
Baby. Guys dnt sleep with a random lady if u
R drunk it can lead 2 Gobe lol.
@ bukkydan love ya 2
Re: Despite All Odds by Teetopic(f): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Pls pls plssssssssssss more,i cant jst wait 2 see d remaining story
Re: Despite All Odds by princefunmmy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mehn. Bukkydan, I'll give you a thumbs up for a good intelligent work done!! You are the best!
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
@slickest, you wan slap my sasha, see o. Me wicked pass onayemi o. And ghost sef get levels o. I go send ur (ghost) to d ghost-ghost house now. U go start anoda battle.
@bukky, am here for you.
@bigsholy, na Bleep up tinz williams do
@HBG, no mind that williams jawe,
@bukky, make we treat that joyce Bleep up jawe.
Re: Despite All Odds by ablyguy(m): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Following enthusiastically and impatiently...

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by patholaw: 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
@Op ur talented...please come and continue...
Re: Despite All Odds by princesa(f): 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
I knew it...but what was william thinking I
would pack and leave nigeria by foot if my hushband sleeps with
'another' woman. I can never get past that

Btw bukky, you said Barbra had tried to keep her feelings for her hubby @ bay for years why is that? What m tryina ask is were they both abstaining?
yeah, i had issues with the way bukky ended that scene, do revisit it later okay...

nice, keep it up and i love the speedy updates too.
Re: Despite All Odds by modele2: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2013
Poster why na!...your character names put me off.
Re: Despite All Odds by Florblu(f): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2013
I don't know why Bukky is nt updating more stories............#SOBBING#
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:55am On Jul 29, 2013
modele2: Poster why na!...your character names put me off.
hokay
Re: Despite All Odds by fujirice: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2013
modele2: Poster why na!...your character names put me off.
Start your own story man/woman.....gosh!
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 9:58am On Jul 29, 2013
Wow...errm...@ Sis HBG and Mrs ITbomb... sorry I meant sis Princesa, I'd try to do something about that...thanks alot, God bless ya.

@ Damex...welcome back...I thought you left me...

Thanks @ everybody for reading and leaving behind comments...and for those who 'chop and clean mouth', thank you too.

Next update loading...

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2013
Rubbing her forehead gently, Sasha slumped into a settee.
"What kinda headache is this?" she mused closing her eyes.

The sound of video game emanating from Kola's room was tempting, but she was too tired. The rest of the family had gone visiting Kenny's family immediately after church service, she declined when she was invited. She'd declined the offer on purpose- she's still very angry with Kenny; although He'd made efforts to please her.
Dapo had asked Kola to stay home with her , perhaps to prevent her from making trouble with Joyce.

Joyce? She blinked rapidly. They hardly saw each other, as the older woman avoided her like a plague. Good for her and her unborn bastard...

"Sassy?"

Sasha groaned inwardly, she hates disturbance.

"You promised to help do my assignment." Kola stated.

"So?" Sasha snapped.

"Let's do it now."

"not now, later." She replied with a note of finality.

"But..."

"I said not now!" She snapped.

"Okay." the boy sighed, sitting on the rugged floor.

"Sassy?" he cooed again.

"What?" Sasha almost screamed.
She wanted to be left alone.

"I'm hungry." Kola frowned.

"so? Do I look like food? You know your way to kitchen young man!" she eyed him.

"There isn't food in there!" Kola complained.

"you've got hands I suppose? Go cook yourself something." She was getting irritated.

"Dunno how to cook." he pouted.

"I guess your Pregnant-step-mother is in there? Go tell her to cook you something!" Sasha replied pointing at Joyce's room.

"Step-mother ko, Grandma ni." Kola hissed and they both laughed.

"There's bread, spread some butter on it and help yourself." Sasha adviced recovering from her laughter.
She shook her head as the boy ran off the kitchen. Joyce's saga had brought her and her siblings close, even Cassandra her enemy became her best friend, no more quarells

"Sassy- sassy-sasssyyy..." Kola sang from the kitchen.
"See what I found in the fridge." He gave her a polythene bag.

"Wow." Sasha licked her lips
"Meat pie and Icecream...belongs to who?"

"Dunno...nobody eats such junk in this house except you and I." Kola shrugged.

"I meant who kept it there? Its definitely not mum." Sasha said still salivating.
"Lets share it equally, so when the trouble comes we'll share it." Kola suggested.

"Good boy.." sasha sang as they started munching away.

The door to Joyce's room creaked open, and she rolled out of the room.Cat- Walking past them towards the kitchen, her hands carressed her slightly bulging tummy.

"G'afternoon." Kola greeted.

"How are you?" Joyce asked with a smile.

"Fine." He replied wincing as Sasha gave him a sound pinch.

"Are you outta your mind?" she glared at him.

"But mummy said we should be greeting her." Kola retorted.

"Mumu like you! You're forming good-holy boy who doesn't keep malice!" she pulled his ears.

"did you take any snack from the fridge?" Joyce asked coming out of the kitchen, ignoring Sasha.

"Yes, didn't know it belongs to you." Kola replied rubbing his ears.

"Okay." Joyce walked back to the kitchen.

Sasha drew a long hiss, loud enough to make Joyce stop in her track.

"What was that for?"

"I hiss whenever I'm irritated!" Sasha replied.

"Listen, young lady, I mind my business, And you'd do yourself a great favor by minding yours." Joyce warned.

"Tell that to the b.itches!" Sasha grimaced.
"You shouldn't have gotten pregnant for a married man; if you truly mind your business."

"I didn't beg your father to get me pregnant..."

"Neither did my father beg you to get pregnant for him." Sasha cut in.
"Besides that baby is not his."

"what your tongue! What the heck are you insinuating?" Joyce squealed.

"Save it missy! You and I know, that baby is not a Williams, better get that bastard out of this house." Sasha clapped as she spoke.

"If my child is a bastard, then you're a one too." Joyce cursed.

"You see..." Sasha laughed.
"When you see a Williams' you'd know, I don't need to argue." she pulled the band holding her locks together off it, making her locks fall over her face.

"Sasha,..."Kola pleaded. He tried to pull her out of the living room. Whenever she loosened her locks, she gets violent, a situation which he feared.

"I'm carrying the heir of this house in my womb, so you better live with it" Joyce stamped to her room

"Ode buruku! Aje one in town! Tell your fellow witches that my parents marriage is still as strong Zuma rock o!" Sasha called after her, pushing Kola away from herself.

Joyce bolted the door, her body trembling. How did Sasha know about her baby's paternity? Could it be that the girl overheard her when she was making calls?

2 Likes

Re: Despite All Odds by Rajosh(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hmm very interesting. Bukky pls more
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
I trust sasha to bring the house down grin Madea of the Wiliiams family grin

Bukky I love youkiss

Princesa angry ITBOMB was mine the last I checked, we were married with kids tongue
Re: Despite All Odds by aprilwise(m): 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
D drama is unfolding gradually
Re: Despite All Odds by Melancholy(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Sasha, so no more enemies amongst ur sibling,right?I think from the start of this story i don't like sasha cos of her rudeness which many miscontrued to smartness.But now her fearless attitude comes to play by taking that gold digger(joyce) out of their family.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
Melancholy: Sasha, so no more enemies amongst ur sibling,right?I think from the start of this story i don't like sasha cos of her rudeness which many miscontrued to smartness.But now her fearless attitude comes to play by taking that gold digger(joyce) out of their family.
she has that annoying attitude, but if it works out and that joyce leave the house then I can keep up with sasha.
Re: Despite All Odds by princesa(f): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
I trust sasha to bring the house down grin Madea of the Wiliiams family grin

Bukky I love youkiss

Princesa angry ITBOMB was mine the last I checked, we were married with kids tongue

then you must be one of the women he cheated on me with angry grin

bukky welldone oh!wink
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
princesa:

then you must be one of the women he cheated on me with angry grin

bukky welldone oh!wink
No, you are the women whom he cheated with..angry grin
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
Yeah!!!! Sasha is back with action, joyce should
Ve wait small na so dat sasha can teach her a little
Bit lesson. Weldon bukky dis episode is worth it
Again
Re: Despite All Odds by ITbomb(m): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
These people wan kill me before my time.
I will not die but live and enjoy the fruits of my labor and outings
@Bukky , nice work here, hope you give us more of what we actually want to see/read wink

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by princesa(f): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
ITbomb:
These people wan kill me before my time.I will not die but live and enjoy the fruits of my labor and outings
@Bukky , nice work here, hope you give us more of what we actually want to see/read wink

yes oh, you shall not die for me, am the true labor and the rest are the outings kiss

and sorry honey, this is not a romance story, so that part you wanna see/read, ain't happening. just come homewink grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.