Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Despite All Odds - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127489 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite All Odds by Dusha94(f): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2013
yh...i think i share d same view,i understand d fact that sasha is hurt bt i think she shud slow down on ha words.........More ink to your pen dear @BukkyDan.
Re: Despite All Odds by Rajosh(m): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2013
Sasha is posessed. I'll flog the devil out of her.Bring the 'holy cain'. @Bukky i'm short of words in expressing how much I love this story.The sky is your starting point.
Re: Despite All Odds by fujirice: 9:33am On Aug 06, 2013
Nobody is saying not to encourage anybody or to. My point is, whether we encourage her/crtique her work shouldn't be a reason for most of us to impose our thoughts of this-is-how-it-should-be-opinion on her! Allow her to express her creativity......simples.
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2013
Candis009: @Funny,I dont tink u were here wen we were givin ha encouragement wen she meeded it most n nobody s criticising ha it just d fact d@

d Williams family r african,yorubas for that mater... I tink yorubas hav d richest culture in terms of respact...

@Bukky,weldne jare buh pls luk into d mata..tnx dear
i think all of you criticising sasha behaviour didn't read d story from d begining or you guys skipped where sasha was a dada and all d family members were all wid "she is possessed" attitude. So, if you really know yoruba culture, acclaimed-possessed children are always spoilt cos noone wants a offend them. And d story also told us that sasha loved being tagged "possessed" right from infancy. Obviously, thats why she is the way she is.
And all of you sud leave my crush alone so that she can pilotthe story her self o.
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 06, 2013
Dusha94 :
yh...i think i share d same view,i understand d fact that sasha is hurt bt i think she shud slow down on ha words.........More ink to your pen dear @BukkyDan.
then don from pikinhood. You no see how she take dey behave wen she still small.?
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 06, 2013
And make all of una just carry mouth commot for my sasha mata o. We like am lyk that.
Re: Despite All Odds by vanagon: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
k,kan i say lady b,or aunty buki,
Gud job,
Kindly update 'cause of Eledumare.
Watever happen to shasha we need to no.
Cheer's.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by 01emek(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
Am inlove with this story! Keep it up
Re: Despite All Odds by lirusehn(m): 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
shey thunda won fire Shaha ni? Wch kind rubish b dis na? I adviz u cum try it wiv ma Dad
Re: Despite All Odds by Laxy009(m): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nice story. Kip d update flowing,can't wait 2 read more of ur update. Thumps up bukki
Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 7:03am On Aug 07, 2013
All of us that started this story would know how sasha's parents had lamented about her right from the begining saying its like she was possesed both parents even doubted if they were her parents,I guess d everyone not to inform sasha when he impregnated that joyce(imgbeke'husband snatcher')so I think she is not overated and she is living up to expectation as a character in the story.Abeg make una free sasha and bukkydan ohhh.nice work bukkydan I and my friends following sharpaly.
Re: Despite All Odds by gandyluv(f): 8:11am On Aug 07, 2013
mrnin bukkydan,,,any brkfast 4 us
Re: Despite All Odds by sambroose(m): 8:27am On Aug 07, 2013
I was expecting a bumper update ...........but hmmmmmmmm......wey dis bukkydan sef com update for me o before I use ur teeth open ma Alomo bottle
Re: Despite All Odds by Melancholy(m): 9:32am On Aug 07, 2013
Bukkydan kilode nau?Give me my breakfast ASAP!
Re: Despite All Odds by olekubaby: 10:23am On Aug 07, 2013
the story is really progressing ,thou slowly grin. thanks Bukky. i appreciate you very much . hugs n kisses cool
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 11:26am On Aug 07, 2013
Cassandra aligned her request' one after the other on her mind's slate. Her coming home to spend the weekend wasn't going to be fruitless. Her father's pocket must 'shake' after all he's rich.

She need a car- she's tired taking cabs all around town.
Her pocket money should be doubled- she's tired of managing foodstuffs.
She need' a brand new laptop-her present one is looking old and outdated.
Lastly, she needs special allowances for her hair, clothes, shoes, bags, jewelleries et'al.

"Thank you." she muttered as the cab which brought her sped away.
Glancing at her wristwatch, she grimaced. Its a saturday, her parents should still be home by 10am.

"Mallam, how far?" she hailed the gateman who didn't seem to notice her but was busy quarelling with a 'strange' man.

"Mallam open gate for me jor, You can't even reply my greetings." she hissed at him.

"Small madam! I dey welcome o!" the gateman welcomed her.

"Hmm, its too early to fight o, who's your fighting patner sef?" she asked.

"It's this inyamiri o! He come say I dey look for Joy!" the gate man explained.

"Joy? Does this place look like Joy's house? Who are you by the way?"

"My name is John! I want to see Joy!" the stranger replied.

"John? Joy told you she lives here?" Cassandra asked.

"I know she lives here! I want to see her now, else I won't leave here o!" he threatened.

"Are you high or something? I said nobody like Joy lives here" she snapped.

Cassandra made to walk into the house but stopped at impulse.
"Joy? You meant to say Joyce?" she asked.

"Yes now!" John replied.

"Wow...who's she to you?" she wanted to be sure.

"My girl! She's even pregnant for me sef!" John affirmed

Cassandra could only gape at him, was he serious at all?
"Mr man! The only Joyce we have here is my father's wife, okay? "

"I know what I'm saying! If you think I'm telling lies, ask the Joy herself" he replied looking agitated.

"can't you understand simple English? Ehn? I said we don't have any Joy here, we only have Joyce who isn't a 'girl' as you said." Cassandra was beginning to get irritated.

"Sister cool down first! Let the Joy see me first nah!"

"come with me." she waved him in.

"Small madam? I dey let am enter for house?" The gateman protested.

"Mallam shut up!" Cassandra hushed him as she led the stranger into the main building; Fear plus excitement creeping into her veins.

"Big boy, what's up with you?" she hugged Kola who answered the door.

"Hey guys!" she waved at Kenny and Sasha who were busy playing cards.

"Don't tell me you're on holiday already? And who's that hungry looking man beside you? Your boyfriend?" Sasha asked eyeing her.

"Sasha Williams, I came to my father's house okay?" Cassandra retorted.

"And that man is?" Kenny pointed at John who was standing by the door.

"He's here to see Joyce!" she replied.
"Where's dad?"

"Dad wen't to the golf club, and mum went with him." Kola replied taking her bag.

"Where's Joyce?"

"Went out."

"Mr John, you heard? The Joyce we have here isn't home, gerrit?" Cassandra explained.

"Okay then! I'll leave! But I'll surely come back o! I'll come back!" John sauntered out of the room banging the door behind him.

"Who's he?" Sasha asked.

"He said his name is John, that Joyce is his girl..bla bla bla.." Cassandra replied picking up the cards.

"He looks like an armed robber to me." Kola chirped.

"Armed robber ke? Did you see him with any weapon?" Kenny laughed.
"Sasha are you sure he's not the 'John' that omo Ibo is talking to everyday on phone?"

"Yesss oo! You have a point!It might be him o!" Sasha replied in gossip fashion.

"we made a mistake, we should have told him when she'd come back!" Kenny clapped.

"Never mind! He'd come back soon, I'm glad I'll be here to watch the drama! For now, everybody should just seal up!" Cassndra instructed.

"kilon kan mi? I always knew that pregnancy is a setup!" Sasha shrugged.

"Same here! I so wish the drama unfolds the way we want it" Kenny said excited.

"amen o" they chorused.

"Cassie welcome o" Sasha said to the amusement of the others.

"You're just seeing me now abi?" Cassandra threw a pillow at her.

"Hmn, cassie, you missed alot o! Plenty gist on ground." Sasha laughed catching the pillow.

"My ears are itching already." Cassndra scratched her ears.

"Amebo!" the duo chorused running in different directions as she chased them about.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2013
Thanks everybody for 'everything'.
@ Sis Candis, I get you, thanks.
Thanks@ Peter, melan, fuji, funny, mizsammy, spaqs,dusha,rajosh,Damex, vanagon,o1emek,lirusehn, Laxy,Adisa,gandyluv,sambroose, olekubaby...I owe you all.
#hugs and kisses#

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
smiley grin
Re: Despite All Odds by Laxy009(m): 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hmmmmmm.. E bi lyk say diz pregnancy casala won burst. Joyce is in trouble.. Tank u bukky 4 d update...
Re: Despite All Odds by princesa(f): 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
criticisms are not meant to break but to make, so guyz allow the girl land.

@nice and improving, Bukky.smiley
Re: Despite All Odds by MizSammy(f): 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
Damex333: And make all of una just carry mouth commot for my sasha mata o. We like am lyk that.
lolz i absolutely agree wit u. Thnks for d update bukky, more ink to ur pen
Re: Despite All Odds by olekubaby: 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Bits n pieces grin. story getting head n tail join""""""" dancing azonto grin grin grin.
Re: Despite All Odds by Opeoluwah01(f): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nice write u! Keep d gud work going. Enjoying every moment and loving it!
Re: Despite All Odds by Rajosh(m): 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
My oh my! Bukky what gives you such inspiration to write this good. Please continue taking that thing o inshort,take overdose.It's allowed... Or so I think(in flow 1759's voice).
Re: Despite All Odds by funnysaint(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
well done buky, more alomo + kaikai to your elbow. don't keep me waiting too long for the next update or else i go vex o. lol
Re: Despite All Odds by Queenxstar(f): 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
U're doin a wonderful job. Thks 4 sharin.
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
funnysaint: well done buky, more alomo + kaikai to your elbow. don't keep me waiting too long for the next update or else i go vex o. lol
kai, dont let her take alomo, i wont sha cos if she does, she go oversleep
Re: Despite All Odds by Kulfrank: 10:49am On Aug 08, 2013
nice one,jst kip it cumin more ink 2 ur pen
Re: Despite All Odds by Cathalina(f): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2013
Luv ur story. Pls am curios 2 read more, continue.
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2013
Jesus Christ the ride was so smooth...

Good one Bukky, I want to be like you wen I grow up, I hail thee...and its trash not thrash
Re: Despite All Odds by aprilwise(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nothing hide under d sun forever. Nice job
Re: Despite All Odds by JohnmcCain(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
Great job miss...love your story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.