Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned (23850 Views)

How I Made At Least N7000 Daily From A Job I Discovered On Nairaland / Lady Fired 30mins After Getting Dream Job Because Of Her Tattoo / I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by SisiKill1: 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
Rotflmao! See the way they are talking about not helping a girl anymore. cheesy cheesy cheesy

If y'all had the great power of helping like you think you do. ...why are majority of your brothers still walking the streets unemployed?

Hey here's a thought....if your helping didn't have strings attached to them, why not help the guys then. Forgot the girls and help the men instead. ...you can't can you? How can you when the chances of getting your abunna wagged is slim to none (except of course you play for the other team lipsrsealed )
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by peclint: 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
In life, I have learnt some big lessons. I used to get angry sometimes as I always go all the way to help people, but when it comes to someone offering me help, no one does, and the most painful part was usually the ones i helped, would not even lend me a helping hand.
So I made my rules
1) when you decide to help, help with a blind eye . Never expect anything in return
2) when it comes to financial help, don't give more than you can afford to loose, even if the person terms it as a loan
3) don't do unto others, what they can't do for you ( this applies to those I have helped in the past)
4) ignore rule if it is a life or death scenario.

3 Likes

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Emoticon: 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
Godjone: firstly, under wat agreement did u help her get d job? Is it on a condition that u wil marry her thereafter? If yes, keep pasuading her by way of sweet talks or tell ur best freind to assist u in talking sence into her mendula. But if ur answer is 'no', go ahead with ur life and continue to giv God the glory for atleast bringing a meaning into someones' life. Allow her to go with her conscience and i bet u, her conscience will continualy punish her til eternity unless she realize her wrong and ask 4 pardon.
Words of wisdom.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by SisiKill1: 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
peclint: In life, I have learnt some big lessons. I used to get angry sometimes as I always go all the way to help people, but when it comes to someone offering me help, no one does, and the most painful part was usually the ones i helped, would not even lend me a helping hand.
So I made my rules
1) when you decide to help, help with a blind eye . Never expect anything in return
2) when it comes to financial help, don't give more than you can afford to loose, even if the person terms it as a loan
3) don't do unto others, what they can't do for you ( this applies to those I have helped in the past)

Ah! Whoever you are. . .God Bless you!

This is the tone the thread should have taken instead of the let us bash Naija girls free for all it did.

The way they carried on, one would think Naija men are the epitome of loyalty. ...like this kinda scenario will never happen with a Naija guy. Yes siree bob, they are the most goodest and the most bestest human beings out there and it is just goddam awful they are stuck with the jezebel that is a Naija woman.

Lmao! As if! cheesy
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by mayor007(m): 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
What most people don't realise is that, the fact that you are good to people doesn't mean they are gonna reciprocate. Just be good anyway. Just call her and schedule a face-to-face meeting and tell her all you just whined to us about.

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by peclint: 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
peclint: In life, I have learnt some big lessons. I used to get angry sometimes as I always go all the way to help people, but when it comes to someone offering me help, no one does, and the most painful part was usually the ones i helped, would not even lend me a helping hand.
So I made my rules

Someone might say the rules are harsh, but after personal experiences from helping friends, at a time I gave a girl half my months salary to help her out of her bad predicament , when that was a disappointment , I decided to help a male family member, with another half salary to get him on his feet, and I got the same treatment, I just concluded that humans will be humans.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by davida222(m): 1:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
So my Guys u see helping a NIGETRiAn, FEMALE is not the way to go.. let them help them self.. In the words of Napolion, helping a FEMALE. The appreciation u get from her only last for one hour but the appreciation from a man last forever.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by SisiKill1: 1:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
mayor007: What most people don't realise is that, the fact that you are good to people doesn't mean they are gonna reciprocate. Just be good anyway. Just call her and schedule a face-to-face meeting and tell her all you just whined to us about.
Another good one!

peclint:

Someone might say the rules are harsh, but after personal experiences from helping friends, at a time I gave a girl half my months salary to help her out of her bad predicament , when that was a disappointment , I decided to help a male family member, with another half salary to get him on his feet, and I got the same treatment, I just concluded that humans will be humans.
But from experience, I will rather help a guy to a female
Choi! Ya just had to go ruin it, huh? cheesy

Ah! It's all good. ...I'm always up for self preservation.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by oloriIT(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
My guy, u ve done wellm Jst 4get her. I ve a friend that nominated his driver for a security job in chevron and up till now the guy have not called him to say hello talkless of thank you. She is jst an ingrate.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by victokafor(m): 1:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
The greatest risk in life is to wait for and depend upon others for your security..... An attitude of gratitude brings greater thingsss....
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by LadyWinona: 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
I'm going to give the op a benefit of doubt and believe him when he says that he doesn't expect anything in return but then isn't he contradicting himself here? Clearly, he wants something no matter how little and by dt I mean the op expecting the girl to be grateful at all times, not necessarily cos the girl likes him or anything but simply because he got her a job. Do u have any idea how frustrating that must be for the girl? To always be in perpetual gratitude even when she doesn't feel up to it? Pls, let's cut the girl some slack. To be a bigger person here, pls, stop calling her, let her be and come to you instead. That way, you are sure the relationship is reciprocal and not based on your attention or whims alone. I see no other way to have a relationship. FYI, the reason this can never happen to a fellow guy is simple. You will never find the compulsion to call or 'ask' after him or his job n pay etc like u re doing to this poor girl, and what's more, won't come here to complain about it. It's really a different world we girls live in. SMH
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by silibaba: 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
woman wrapper embarassed
if nah ur fellow man, i know say you for no help angry

find somewhere petch jooooooor tongue
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Emoticon: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
lynpetra:

Then why the calling texting etc....look I don't blame her.Men usually take advantage of the women they help! Myself when an helped by someone without any monetary payment,I don't get comfortable when he calls me as of wr are dating.I understand how that lady feels soy advice to you is to let her be because its obvious you are beginning to be a disturbance
I'd rather die single than having some1 like u as a friend (not to talk of wife). And to think that a man out there is waving ur flag round town as his gf/wife (SMH. I feel for that man) cry How I wish men could see how DARK their so called gf/wives heart is.

2 Likes

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by peclint: 1:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sisi_kill, just for your self preservation, I have modified my post.
But looking back to the ratio of guys to girls, the guys had a better record.
It doesn't mean that there were no girls who still continued the friendship as it is.
I would want to believe that there are some girls I can call if I need some help and they will come to my rescue
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by lasunray(m): 2:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
So I made my rules

GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
where are saga and dk when you need em jare
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by lacicrips(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
You all seem to be missing the point here. He doesn't expect nor want anything in return, heck he even mentioned he'll turn down any sort of appreciation. He's just unhappy that a very close friend could just start ignoring him all of a sudden after securing an average-paying job, which he helped to get.

It's not just a female thing, it's an inherent character in some people. Once they move higher, they want to keep a distance from people who aren't there yet. We see this happening around us everyday, it's nothing new. She's just ambitious, and wants to hang around people who will help propel her to the next level.

Just forget her, pay attention to your studies and continue helping others whenever you have the opportunity to. You'll soon realize that some friends would still stick with you even when they become Governors, and you're still a clerk.
I still hang out with some of the friends I did factory work with in the early millenium, even though I own companies now.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by LadyWinona: 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Emoticon:
I'd rather die single than having some1 like u as a friend (not to talk of wife). And to think that a man out there is waving ur flag round town as his gf/wife (SMH. I feel for that man) cry How I wish men could see how DARK their so called gf/wives heart is.

Pls, give Iynpetra a break and try and see her point of view. I have been helped by men before and like she rightly stated, somehow, these men expect you to give them more attention or what have you. This is usually ok at first, as you are ever so grateful for the help but there comes a time when you feel harassed, almost like putting up an act of gratitude when all you really want to do is to roll ur eyes and scream. It gets worse when some abuse you expecting you to endure it just cos you have been given a gift or helped. You might not understand since you are a guy but imagine an elderly woman helping you out to get a job and then calling you some weeks later to find out how u re faring in ur new work place, how much you are paid and when the next salary wil be due etc. Be honest,won't u feel a tiny bit uncomfortable and dare I say it, harassed?

2 Likes

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by peclint: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
Lady Winona: I'm going to give the op a benefit of doubt and believe him when he says that he doesn't expect anything in return but then isn't he contradicting himself here? Clearly, he wants something no matter how little and by dt I mean the op expecting the girl to be grateful at all times, not necessarily cos the girl likes him or anything but simply because he got her a job. Do u have any idea how frustrating that must be for the girl? To always be in perpetual gratitude even when she doesn't feel up to it? Pls, let's cut the girl some slack. To be a bigger person here, pls, stop calling her, let her be and come to you instead. That way, you are sure the relationship is reciprocal and not based on your attention or whims alone. I see no other way to have a relationship. FYI, the reason this can never happen to a fellow guy is simple. You will never find the compulsion to call or 'ask' after him or his job n pay etc like u re doing to this poor girl, and what's more, won't come here to complain about it. It's really a different world we girls live in. SMH

I can understand the guys plight, he doesn't have to want anything from a girl to be friends.
He just feels pained that she now sees him as someone with a lesser social status than her.
If I got the poster correctly, he would have wanted to still be close friends with her whether she has no cash or if she earned a million bucks a month.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by touchmeder: 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
She was never a true friend in the first place undecided
You should be thanking God sef, some events happen in this life to test the true extent of one's friendship and she has failed
Have you not heard of people drifting away or forming not friends after they have a new job, get married, go abroad e.t.c
It happens everyday MOVE ON embarassed
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by digitalman: 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
simply she is such an ingrate. she would do worse things if given an opportunity. friendship was never on her mind. probably she doesn't know friendish is all about helping one another. and because she never knew the meaning of friendship, was overwhelmed with 'fear' when she got help from a friend. fear of commitment. fear of responsibility. naivity. absolute blind selfishness and shortsightedness. ignore her pls
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by lasunray(m): 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
lynpetra:

Then why the calling texting etc....look I don't blame her.Men usually take advantage of the women they help! Myself when an helped by someone without any monetary payment,I don't get comfortable when he calls me as of wr are dating.I understand how that lady feels soy advice to you is to let her be because its obvious you are beginning to be a disturbance

See me see wahala o. because I help my friend (wey we dey very close, we chat, call, text etc) find job, am now a disturbance?

sorry case indeed!

A guy will definitely not post this. Still same "female" ish.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by LadyWinona: 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
peclint:

I can understand the guys plight, he doesn't have to want anything from a girl to be friends.
He just feels pained that she now sees him as someone with a lesser social status than her.
If I got the poster correctly, he would have wanted to still be close friends with her whether she has no cash or if she earned a million bucks a month.

if that were the case, then why is he asking her job-related questions? Why on earth is he making her job that he helped her find, the fulcrum of their supposed relationship? What did he expect the poor girl to think when all she hears when they interact almost always in one way or other gets back to her job? I am deliberately repeating myself cos the op has come up here reporting on how d girl is no longer talking to him DESPITE finding her a job and yet claiming that he doesn't want anything in return. For all we know, there might be some other reasons dt the op is not telling us but that doesn't mean a thing, after all how dare she not be grateful she has a job that pays her almost N100,000. Jeez! For an update, last I checked, 2face left Kennis music, Dbanj left Don Jazzy and Wizkid left Banky W, all men who in more ways than one helped them thrive n they respectively re doing very well themselves. Now, tell me y this girl's case be any diff?

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
she is just like anu other ungrateful folks outa dia,,i once help someone like dat got admission into the university by submitting d person application form fotocopy to the vice chancellor of the university when d admssion came tru i told dis folk to go to d vc and appreciate but told never dat is God dat he wil thnk not the vc......dats pple for u,before human grab sumtin u become their God but wen dey find dat tin they become ur God my broder na so life be oooooo....u don do ur own part anyway leave d rest for God
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by dagr8(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
caesaraba:

I don't think the O.P is talking about indebtedness or being paid back. You help your friend get a job, and he/she stops relating with you just like that? That's not how friendship works.

Anyway, thank your God because her true self has just been revealed.

P.s: To those who think one can't be friends with the opposite sex without expecting some form of sexual relationship to exist, my advice is that you should work on your social skills. Not everything is about pant, bra and bed.
1 million likes jare
am not surprised. dis sensible post is coming from a fellow..

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Nielbaba(m): 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
Dats human beign for you. To me its nt everybody dat appriciate wat s been done for dem. Also she mite be thinkin u will take advantage of her. Abeg help me find d kind job o. Av been ome after graduation for 6mnts jobless. Jeniferduke984@yahoo.com
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Kazey1st(m): 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2013
I would prefer helping a guy like me than helping a lady cos at d end they will not say a little ''thank you'' ... Such happen to a close frd of my while in the university then. Aft hlping the lady in writen her exam the guy was cut nd expel from sch. Till 2day d lady did not show up.. Jst let go of it and move on with your life because... women..!!!
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by dagr8(m): 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
Decryptor: @OP, i feel your pain. I once helped a close friend (female) to do her service year in Abuja cos i was close to Gen Tsiga's daughter. I assisted her without even collecting a dime. Na me even dey spend money sef...She got her callup and did her PA in National War College after which she landed a job in the Nigerian Customs Service thru a friend of mine that was working in her place of primary assignment. All these were courtesy of my efforts. Her salary is within the range of 155k now. But today, this same girl sees me on the road and does not even wave talkless of greeting me. That's how the female gender behaves...they tend to forget. I have learnt my lesson though...I'd rather help my fellow guy than a woman. because of that experience, i had to charge about 80k from a cousin to my collegue in the office who wanted to redeploy from Osun to Abuja. Never assist women without terms and conditions. That way, you have nothing to lose in the end
oga, the lesson to be learnt is to always help people, whether a lady or a guy, without expecting anything in return from them. Until we get that right we will keep hearing the same story.

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by otokx(m): 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
normal 9ja gal antics, op should have known that by now.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by livebullet(m): 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
dannio: Levels don change my brother leave am when the thing wey cover her eyes fall comot she go desperately search for you

na lie! She not go finds u again....jus 4get n learn ur lesson, next time help ur sef or doz in need but 4 a girl ur liking or trippin 4 .....Neva help her...unless na ur wife. Make evry gurl answer him papa name!
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by brosdoncome(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
tolukatey: I'm sori about d feeling she's implanted in U buh fink she's going tru lot(s) cos sum1 in right n normal senses shldn't portray dis kinda xter. Y not try call her wt anoda line n c if she'll answer U fyn if not, I guess she's been in a serious relationship b4 U helpd her wt d job buh was jes playing along wt U all in d name of getting d job n tinking U might wanna ask her out and so, decided 2 lockup. Man, I bet U if U can help me wt dis kinda job ehn, I'l everly b indebted to U. Jes try me, ao do I get my CV across 2 U pls?

R u dat desperate? Don't make promises u may never fulfill....u might just be a victim of use and dump.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Danyl(m): 3:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
dannio: Levels don change my brother leave am when the thing wey cover her eyes fall comot she go desperately search for you
let her be.,such ppl wil come back begging when time comes,because what goes around comes around...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Speaks On Recruitment / Vacancy: Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Cummins Inc / Vacancies@global Fleet Oil And Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.