Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? (13091 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / MONEY Or LOVE!!! Which Should Be Considered First B4 Gettin Into A Relationship? / Can Flirting Be Considered As Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ok guys,here is another topic for us to interract! Before getting married,which of these factors should be considered first?
Should one get married because one is up to the age of marriage or should one get married because one has earned enough money?
If u say money,what if u dont make it,wont u get married?
#All factors being equal.
Over to you_
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by AJIROTUTU(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
Looking @ it frm a male angle age has got nothing 2 do wt marriage cos the male gender needs to be able to fend for himself even before think of getting married.he needs to have a good job or business(steady income). But from a female perspective age does count.

3 Likes

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by chyseth(m): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2012
i am of the firm believe that a man should not rush to marry if u re not financially stable to fend for atleast two persons. there is no need bringing somebody into your life to come and suffer for your financial consequences.

no doubt some people will argue that what if the lady is financially stable to take care of the family.it does not ultimately favour the man in the long run.

i strongly believe that the best time a guy can make money is when he is below 35 or un married. once u re committed in marriage, you can only start consolidating and not breaking new grounds.

my 2cents

11 Likes

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
AJIROTUTU: Looking @ it frm a male angle age has got nothing 2 do wt marriage cos the male gender needs to be able to fend for himself even before think of getting married.he needs to have a good job or business(steady income). But from a female perspective age does count.
what if he remains poor through out? Would the man remain single forever? Take 9ja as an example,parent pressure is always on the man!

1 Like

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
Cash $$$$$ but ideally both smiley
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
Blugreen: Cash $$$$$ but ideally both smiley
young money,cash money! wink can a 20 yr old dude wif cash get married??
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by chyseth(m): 10:07pm On Aug 11, 2012
for me i think, 30 is ideal for a man to marry. am doing very well by God's grace, am waiting for my 30th birthday to settle that matter wink meanwhile am seriously searching for that one because 2 years is not far from here.
Emmy9ite: young money,cash money! wink can a 20 yr old dude wif cash get married??
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
@op
neither of the two, and here is why

if you say money, the next question is how much, now that would be a very vague criteria to use as each person
has a different level to attain before getting married

if you say age, may i remind you that some adults still think like kids, male and female alike,

for me i would say that a man should get married when he is mentally capable to handle the responsibilities that comes with
getting married and STAYING married, you should only get married when you are ready to make the commitment of starting, maintaining, and protecting
a family.
if you still have the 'me' mentality in you, then save everybody the transport fare of coming to your marriage ceremony. undecided

too many boys and girls are gettting married these days sad sad sad
sad sad sad

17 Likes

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
Emmy9ite: what if he remains poor through out? Would the man remain single forever? Take 9ja as an example,parent pressure is always on the man!
this is 2012

1 Like

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 7:18am On Aug 12, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: @op
neither of the two, and here is why

if you say money, the next question is how much, now that would be a very vague criteria to use as each person
has a different level to attain before getting married

if you say age, may i remind you that some adults still think like kids, male and female alike,

for me i would say that a man should get married when he is mentally capable to handle the responsibilities that comes with
getting married and STAYING married, you should only get married when you are ready to make the commitment of starting, maintaining, and protecting
a family.
if you still have the 'me' mentality in you, then save everybody the transport fare of coming to your marriage ceremony. undecided

too many boys and girls are gettting married these days sad sad sad
sad sad sad
true talk..it so sardonic and lugubrious! The rate of divorce in this our age is just too much. As u rightly said,MEN ARE NOT BORN,MEN ARE MADE. We can have a man of 18 and a boy of 35.

2 Likes

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2012
hornipipe: this is 2012
for you right? Some people are still living like those in the 19th century:p! Oya answer my question. wink
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 12, 2012
Emmy9ite: for you right? Some people are still living like those in the 19th century:p! Oya answer my question. wink
i_dont see my self getting married in 75 years tym
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:22am On Aug 12, 2012
hornipipe: i_dont see my self getting married in 75 years tym
cheesycheesy No curse yourself o!! Don't worry bro,i will talk to idowuogbo for you wink
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:23am On Aug 12, 2012
Happy marriage life in advance bro!
chyseth:
for me i think, 30 is ideal for a man to marry. am doing very well by God's grace, am waiting for my 30th birthday to settle that matter wink meanwhile am seriously searching for that one because 2 years is not far from here.
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by pearlhapi(f): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
Emmy9ite: Ok guys,here is another topic for us to interract! Before getting married,which of these factors should be considered first?
Should one get married because one is up to the age of marriage or should one get married because one has earned enough money?
If u say money,what if u dont make it,wont u get married?
#All factors being equal.
Over to you_
what if one is up to the age of marriage and hasn't d finance to build a home.its not just about getting married,producing childern and letting them and their mum wallow in lack and want.I think if a man must get married then he must be able and capable to fend for he's family.and most pepo would ask,what if a man is of age and isn't buoyant enough so should he stay unmarried?well that's where the term FOCUS and goal comes in and that's why its preety cool to plan oneslife early enough.the next question many would likely ask is,so because a guy of about 23 to about 25 has made money should he then get married?well most times and especially in this generation,people tend to have more understanding and a high level of wisdom much more than their age.so if a 23 years old guy has an understanding of marriage and is buoyant enough,nothing really is wrong if he gets married so far the understanding of the term MARRIAGE IS THERE•well it all boils down to planning oneslife and knowing what you want•

6 Likes

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
^^am so proud of u dear,u just made my night with this answer. Did you see my mail?
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by pearlhapi(f): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
Emmy9ite: ^^am so proud of u dear,u just made my night with this answer. Did you see my mail?
I did see it and I replied also.
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
na money i go first consider first oooo.if u no get money tell me wich babe go gree marry u cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by soledadd: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
From male perspective i think as soon as a man feels the need to have a companion and can fend for the family, even if he cannot meet every need. As long as he gets an understanding and hardworking woman, he can go ahead, with time and God on their side, they will make it.

2 Likes

Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
pearl~hapi:
I did see it and I replied also.
lemme check
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
lefulefu: na money i go first consider first oooo.if u no get money tell me wich babe go gree marry u cheesy
dont u fink it will affect ur children? When u are suppose to be resting,u will still be working for ur kids!
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by pearlhapi(f): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
Emmy9ite: dont u fink it will affect ur children? When u are suppose to be resting,u will still be working for ur kids!
I wonder oooo•akagum and like I always say what you say is what you are•so if your wish is to be struggling with your wife and kids in poveryt well its your wish.if i were a man I would plan my life early not late
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by pearlhapi(f): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
Emmy9ite: dont u fink it will affect ur children? When u are suppose to be resting,u will still be working for ur kids!
I wonder oooo•and like I always say what you say is what you are•so if your wish is to be struggling with your wife and kids in poveryt well its your wish.if i were a man I would plan my life early not late
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
Emmy9ite: cheesycheesy No curse yourself o!! Don't worry bro,i will talk to idowuogbo for you wink
ure on ur own #lips sealed
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
pearl~hapi:
I wonder oooo•and like I always say what you say is what you are•so if your wish is to be struggling with your wife and kids in poveryt well its your wish.if i were a man I would plan my life early not late
i didnt say that sweedy,for me,at 65 u should be reaping the fruit of ur labour.if u want to settle down when u have money and u get married by 40,u wont enjoy ur kids wealth before dying!
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
hornipipe: ure on ur own #lips sealed
haha...some1 is afraid here,i fink he has learnt a lesson from ID.
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Emmy9ite:
haha...some1 is afraid here,i fink he has learnt a lesson from ID.
huh?
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
hornipipe: huh?
even though i walk through the shadow of nairaland,i shall fear no beef!
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by pearlhapi(f): 7:02am On Aug 13, 2012
Emmy9ite: i didnt say that sweedy,for me,at 65 u should be reaping the truth of ur labour.if u want to settle down when u have money and u get married by 40,u wont enjoy ur kids wealth before dying!
I didn't say what u think also•u r misunderstanding me
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 8:07am On Aug 13, 2012
pearl~hapi:
I didn't say what u think also•u r misunderstanding me
Isokay,am not angry wid you! I understand you now. *come and give daddy a hug*
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by pearlhapi(f): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2012
Emmy9ite: Isokay,am not angry wid you! I understand you now. *come and give daddy a hug*
hmmmm•dont let my daddy catch yhu ooooo•anyways,HUGZ*
Re: Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2012
pearl~hapi:
hmmmm•dont let my daddy catch yhu ooooo•anyways,HUGZ*
he won't do anything to me,,baby i am coming to ask ur hand in marriage. I am with 3 chickens and a keg of palm wine,hope u will accept me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Pleasure Do Guys Get By Sucking Female Breast? / Men & Marriage - How To Pick Your Wife! / Big, Beautiful And Inspiring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.