Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,122 members, 7,953,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! (2663 Views)

My Relationship Is Tearing Apart, Please I Need Your Candid Advice / Me And My Cousin, True Life Story : Your Candid Opinion!!! / I Like This Girl, But She Likes Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your sincere advice on this;

I have been in friendship with this girl for about three months and our friendship has been going well until a couple of days back! We have been communicating very well before now and her sisters and most of her friends know about our friendship and many of them believe we are dating. She always rings me whenever I am not available to chat at the usual time.

I was planning to ask her out before she goes for service next week but was waiting to see what state she will be posted to before doing that. She was in town to pick up her letter and all has been going well until Wednesday morning when she told me she would want us to stop using slang like *I miss you* etc for the next five months or so and we would need to put our dating on hold till then.

She said she wants to find out if the feelings she has for me is genuine! Ever since then she has been very brief and takes longer time to respond to my chat, sometimes it take a couple of hours for her to respond. When I made my observations known to her she blamed it on network which is not true because we have same service provider and we were in close proximity.

She has been posted to one of the northern states. Please what do you guys advise? Should I continue playing along or should I stop communicating with her or should I call it quit with her or should I just focus on my career? Lines are falling in place for me and I am afraid if I delay in hooking up now, the probability of coming across a golddigger will be much higher!

Thanks for your advice!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by MrsChima(f): 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
EagleEyes259: Hello Nairalanders,

I have been in friendship with this girl for about three months and our friendship has been going well until a couple of days back! We have been communicating very well before now and her sisters and most of her friends know about our friendship and many of them believe we are dating. She always rings me whenever I am not available to chat at the usual time.

I was planning to ask her out before she goes for service next week but was waiting to see what state she will be posted to before doing that. She was in town to pick up her letter and all has been going well until Wednesday morning when she told me she would want us to stop using slang like *I miss you* etc for the next five months or so and we would need to put our dating on hold till then.

She said she wants to find out if the feelings she has for me is genuine! Ever since then she has been very brief and takes longer time to respond to my chat, sometimes it take a couple of hours for her to respond. When I made my observations known to her she blamed it on network which is not true because we have same service provider and we were in close proximity.

She has been posted to one of the northern states. Please what do you guys advise? Should I continue playing along or should I stop communicating with her or should I call it quit with her or should I just focus on my career? Lines are falling in place for me and I am afraid if I delay in hooking up now, the probability of coming across a golddigger will be much higher!

Thanks for your advice!

Candidly speaking...she is not that into you. Sorry buddy. Move on.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
Move on bro. Even if she say yes now, I doubt if she ll be able to go ontouched in NYSC Camp & after Camp parols which is the real NYSC koko. There, she ll mix with diff guys. Only few girls come back 4rm NYSC without tasting a relationship.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

@Mrs Chima, thanks for your candid advice! In moving on, do I just stop communicating with her or have a discussion with her to call it quit. Thanks!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Move on bro. Even if she say yes now, I doubt if she ll be able to go ontouched in NYSC Camp & after Camp parols which is the real NYSC koko. There, she ll mix with diff guys. Only few girls come back 4rm NYSC without tasting a relationship.

@Okiki_Oluwa, I really appreciate your comment! I understand the NYSC parole cos I have passed through it before that was the reason I intended hooking up with here before she leaves. I think I have to move on!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by MrsChima(f): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
EagleEyes259: d l
@Mrs Chima, thanks for your candid advice! In moving on, do I just stop communicating with her or have a discussion with her to call it quit. Thanks!

Leave it alone and she will get the picture. If she contact you later on in life...drop her like a hot potato. She is using you as a rebound. You can do better.

Good luck!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by achinaboy(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2013

Don`t put urself in a psychological mental slavery,,on the other hands too,putting her in bondage of so called i will marry u in future which might not come through,,,,let her explore future my dear friend,,,from my own side of view,u sound like a chewing gum boy and a cry baby grin,you are educated,stop sounding like a 16year old looking for first love and be a man,rap it up guy

Thanks for your advice!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=achina boy][/quote]

@achina boy! I am grateful for your advice!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Leave it alone and she will get the picture. If she contact you later on in life...drop her like a hot potato. She is using you as a rebound. You can do better.

Good luck!

@Mrs Chima, I am very grateful for your advice!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by lecturerdabo(m): 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
EagleEyes259:

Friend, I strongly believe in communication which does not in any way suggest you can't do without her. I suggest you talk things over with her.

She may be thinking of the parols during service

She may also be testing you to know how serious you are and remember, that you go on a date(dates) with a girl does not mean you are in a relationship.

There is no harm in talking things over with her and from her words you know where you stand (Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks - The Bible)

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by achinaboy(m): 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2013

Thanks for your advice!
Don put urself in a psychological mental slavery by trying to hangon to a girl who is not that into you,thereby putting her in a love bondage that could cripple both your future chances on normal love,she wants to explore her future,give her the chance,,and quit being a cry baby or trying to possition urself as a chewing gum boy,,just rap it up nigger,,,,,,many fishes in the ocean of love bammmmmmm
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
lecturerdabo:

Friend, I strongly believe in communication which does not in any way suggest you can't do without her. I suggest you talk things over with her.

She may be thinking of the parols during service

She may also be testing you to know how serious you are and remember, that you go on a date(dates) with a girl does not mean you are in a relationship.

There is no harm in talking things over with her and from her words you know where you stand (Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks - The Bible)

@lecturerdabo, I appreciate your response!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by Mynd44: 6:34am On Mar 02, 2013
Bro,as hard as this is, you have to move on and treat her like an ex.....it is pointless hanging on to her as she is not even sure she feels anything for you.

If she calls you back and you still feel like that, fine but I will also advice you try to date other girls during this period
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 6:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Mynd_44: Bro,as hard as this is, you have to move on and treat her like an ex.....it is pointless hanging on to her as she is not even sure she feels anything for you.

If she calls you back and you still feel like that, fine but I will also advice you try to date other girls during this period

@Mynd_44. Thanks a million for that!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 02, 2013
It's not as if you are assured of a serious relationship for the next 5 months. You haven't asked her out, so she is under no obligation to you. She must have been hurt severally by guys in the past, maybe she realized that her emotions betray her too soon or something and she is trying to get a grip on her self.

Consider this a test. There is always two sides to a story, and a wise person always thinks outside the box. Put yourself in her position and try seeing the world the way she sees it.

Refrain from using the phrases she asked you not to, but never ever neglect saying "hi". At this point, calls will suffice. It's just for 5 months and unless you never truly had any feelings at all for her will you just let her go. . .

No two situations are the same.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 7:16am On Mar 02, 2013
sexkillz: It's not as if you are assured of a serious relationship for the next 5 months. You haven't asked her out, so she is under no obligation to you. She must have been hurt severally by guys in the past, maybe she realized that her emotions betray her too soon or something and she is trying to get a grip on her self.

Consider this a test. There is always two sides to a story, and a wise person always thinks outside the box. Put yourself in her position and try seeing the world the way she sees it.

Refrain from using the phrases she asked you not to, but never ever neglect saying "hi". At this point, calls will suffice. It's just for 5 months and unless you never truly had any feelings at all for her will you just let her go. . .

@sexkillz, thanks for your response! She had been hurt by guys in the past and that was her fear when we started our friendship. I have feelings for her, I observed her for some years before we began our friendship recently. She appears to be a good girl. We have been rolling very well until this Wednesday, she called me with her mum and sister's line when she had no airtime and wanted to speak with me.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 7:16am On Mar 02, 2013
sexkillz: It's not as if you are assured of a serious relationship for the next 5 months. You haven't asked her out, so she is under no obligation to you. She must have been hurt severally by guys in the past, maybe she realized that her emotions betray her too soon or something and she is trying to get a grip on her self.

@sexkillz, thanks for your response! She had been hurt by guys in the past and that was her fear when we started our friendship. I have feelings for her, I observed her for some years before we began our friendship recently. She appears to be a good girl. We have been rolling very well until this Wednesday, she called me with her mum and sister's line when she had no airtime and wanted to speak with me.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

this is the first most sensible comment u have so far made on nairaland. 1-up for u
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
My thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I am indeed grateful!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by MrsChima(f): 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
lrguru:

this is the first most sensible comment u have so far made on nairaland. 1-up for u

You must have gotten your brain and eyes installed correctly just recent. Finally.

Here's a biscuit doggy.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by MrsChima(f): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
EagleEyes259: My thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I am indeed grateful!

You are welcome...it was no need to beat a dead horse

Good luck!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by BlackPeni5: 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
@OP...I'm gonna lay it down in black and white. Ur girl hopes to find true love during service year, but she doesn't want to lose out totally. She wants to keep you as a "back up" in case she doesn't find what she seeks within 5 months.

Are u ready to be a back up guy? If yes hang on, if no, move on...
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
Black Peni5: @OP...I'm gonna lay it down in black and white. Ur girl hopes to find true love during service year, but she doesn't want to lose out totally. She wants to keep you as a "back up" in case she doesn't find what she seeks within 5 months.

Are u ready to be a back up guy? If yes hang on, if no, move on...

@Black Peni5, thanks for your comment! The least I would want is to be a *back up* to anyone!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by boxer022(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
@OP I have to be candid with you. If a girl says that she is not sure of what she feels for you or even telling you to keep your date with her in the cooler for 5 months, she is aspiring to get hooked either during her camp or at her PPA. I advice that you do what she said you should do in terms of using pet names and romantic gestures with her. Move on with your life and forget about her unless you want to be her back up guy as other people have told you. So be wise and use your head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by otokx(m): 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
nice replies
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
boxer022: @OP I have to be candid with you. If a girl says that she is not sure of what she feels for you or even telling you to keep your date with her in the cooler for 5 months, she is aspiring to get hooked either during her camp or at her PPA. I advice that you do what she said you should do in terms of using pet names and romantic gestures with her. Move on with your life and forget about her unless you want to be her back up guy as other people have told you. So be wise and use your head.

@boxer022, thanks for sharing your candid opinion!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by obowunmi(m): 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
I hate to say it but you may need to move on. Goodluck smiley smiley
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
obowunmi: I hate to say it but you may need to move on. Goodluck smiley smiley

Thank you obowunmi!
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by obowunmi(m): 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
It's obvious that you really like her, care for her, and want to take the relationship to the next level. But if you are both not on the same page - then you might need to take a different direction. (Two options)

1. Wait for her

2. Move on

I'd say move on, you are both young, if it's meant to be, I believe that you will find yourselves to back to each other. I'm sure if she finds someone else out there at NYSC, she'll gladly move on. You want her to know that you like her, and if she doesn't feel the same way...pls move on.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by stpat1(m): 12:31am On Mar 04, 2013
She has told u what she wants. If I were u I would also use that opportunity to really be sure if her or my feelings for her are not just because of d proximity. Well all I can see from what she said is that she wants to explore and see if she will find a better option. If she does not find then she can come settle for u.

Anyway u can hang on and wait for her if u are that type.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by topup: 2:49am On Mar 04, 2013
I think in this scenario the only way to know how she really feels for you is to move on, if she makes a reappearance then you can be sure that she at least is fond of you/misses you which is a good starting point. However hanging around waiting will give her the wrong impression. Some immature people find this to be a turn-off (that shows that she's not genuinely into you either - cos I know if a guy I liked wanted to wait for me, I would snatch him up in a heartbeat).

Anyways, that's my 2 cents, move on, date other women, and if she returns to you, then she was being sincere, but if she doesn't then you've avoided a potential heartbreak.
Re: Please I Need Your Candid Advice On This Girl! by EagleEyes259: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2013
obowunmi: It's obvious that you really like her, care for her, and want to take the relationship to the next level. But if you are both not on the same page - then you might need to take a different direction. (Two options)

1. Wait for her

2. Move on

I'd say move on, you are both young, if it's meant to be, I believe that you will find yourselves to back to each other. I'm sure if she finds someone else out there at NYSC, she'll gladly move on. You want her to know that you like her, and if she doesn't feel the same way...pls move on.

@obowunmi, thanks for your response! I like her and would have wanted both of us to move to the next level as you said. However, there would be no need for that now since we are no longer in tandem!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is These Normal ? (ladies Only Pls) / When You Leave Your Girlfriend With Your Friend / PLS Help!!!-my Wife Undresses In Front Of Her Twin Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.