Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships (1419 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by natkel1: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2013
smiley
Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by jiraiyas: 11:00am On Mar 02, 2013
i guess it does ,and for tips there are a whole lot e.g setting parametres and asking important question @ onset ,communicating e.t.c
Am nt a good counsellor though bt i bliv in a way it works jst a matter of management maybe

1 Like

Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by natkel1: 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by breathing(f): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yeah anything would work for you if you are determined to make it work. I was in one for a long time and it worked until now that we are closer to each other. Guess the key is communication, trust, and not listening to people who preach against long distance relationships.

3 Likes

Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by natkel1: 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
breathing: Yeah anything would work for you if you are determined to make it work. I was in one for a long time and it worked until now that we are closer to each other. Guess the key is communication, trust, and not listening to people who preach against long distance relationships.
Your right its not easy. Is there a way you can tell if its gonna work?
Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by jadan: 5:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yea it does work, all u nid is trust n communication 2 kip it alive!speaking 4rm expirience my hubby n n I dated 4 a year n six mnths buh he was studing in d UK.we see each oda like once a year 4 just 2 weeks n nw we v been married 4 three wonderful years n he's a sailor dat stays 4 mnths on d sea n spends 2 months @ home buh we r still in love cos its always renewed after a long time apart! So as long as der is love, trust n communication it works!

1 Like

Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by breathing(f): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
natkel1:
Your right its not easy. Is there a way you can tell if its gonna work?

Not really, as long as the other party is interested in making it work as much as you are, then just believe it is going to work and give it your best shot.

1 Like

Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by Moyola(f): 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
breathing: Yeah anything would work for you if you are determined to make it work. I was in one for a long time and it worked until now that we are closer to each other. Guess the key is communication, trust, and not listening to people who preach against long distance relationships.

yeah cool

wateva workz 4u. . .
4me, itz distance thingy all de way! tongue
Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by Beync(f): 7:13am On Mar 03, 2013
yes it will work if both of you are determined to make it work
communication get to show u r committed to the relationship
build and gain the trust of each other.
not that there wouldn't be challenges but if the two of you have common interests, goals and focus and above all you genuinely love each other, you will overocome the challenges.
Also, everything depends on two sincere individual who would not be saying one thing and be doing another thing becos his or her partner is far away. if one partner begin to see signs of misbehavior, one may gradually lose trust. and when trust is gone and suspicion sets in, its likely to ruin relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by MayorSchwags(m): 10:46am On Mar 03, 2013
im presently in a dist rtnshp. It once stoppd workn cos we 'stoppd talking'. Communicaxn is key. der was a tym i relented cos i got carried away wt som oda gurl, she startd datn tu. But d instant we met,d luv was re-ignited. Bottom line,talk and see ichoda even ifits 1c ina wyl wink

1 Like

Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by natkel1: 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
smiley
Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by nikaShow(m): 8:15am On Mar 04, 2013
It sure does work, over a year plus now with my babe (wife to be), and we's good...constant honest communication, a sincere willingness to make it work, real interest in the life and affairs of the other person and ur eagerness to share yours also, a plan that two of Ʊ are working towards and the constant reminder and 'upgrading' of the plan,
and let me repeat, please don't listen to the people who'll tell Ʊ it doesn't work or the oda person might be cheating on Ʊ...of course there r experiences but who says Urs has to thread that path ?

3 Likes

Re: Love From A Distance: Happy Endings:distant Relationships by natkel1: 10:17am On Mar 05, 2013
nikaShow: It sure does work, over a year plus now with my babe (wife to be), and we's good...constant honest communication, a sincere willingness to make it work, real interest in the life and affairs of the other person and ur eagerness to share yours also, a plan that two of Ʊ are working towards and the constant reminder and 'upgrading' of the plan,
and let me repeat, please don't listen to the people who'll tell Ʊ it doesn't work or the oda person might be cheating on Ʊ...of course there r experiences but who says Urs has to thread that path ?
True.thanx

(1) (Reply)

Should I Take Her Word For It? / Ladies Can You Attend Your Ex Wedding? / 10 Divorce Stories You Won't Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.