Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants (6508 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / Youwin Women Winners List / Youwin Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
utimatedes: For this who still believe that YouWIN is not real need to have a rethink. I said the same thing in 2011 when I saw the advert, but something in my mind told what if it does work and I applied for it. Today I can proudly say that I am one of the awardees.

So for your information, YouWIN is 100% real and you need to take it serious.

I have been using my blog to educate people on this and I just wrote an article on this question that so many people have been asking about - is YouWIN grant free? The answer to this question is YES! YouWIN is free. You can read more about this question on my blog http://utibeetim.com/is-youth-enterprise-with-innovation-in-nigeria-youwin-grant-free/

I wish you guys the best of luck. My sister would be the second winner from my family as I am working hard to ensure she made it.
Thans. I've been following your blog.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by PapaBrowne(m): 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
Anybody that doesnt believe in the YOUWIN program would have himself to blame and would have no reason ever to blame the Government of not providing jobs for young Nigerians.

This is the most credible program I have seen in the history of this country where everything is done based on merit. Everybody I have spoken with was selected based on the strength of their business plans. My friend put in for a 10 million naira project and she was selected.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
5999 fools
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: 5999 fools
Plus ur father = 6,000.

1 Like

Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
dougivilla: Plus ur father = 6,000.

My brother you need not join issues with him I beg. Let us not allow them distract us from achieving the aims of the discussions here. We're here to put heads together to come up with winning business plans for ladies, sisters, wives etc.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by utimatedes(m): 4:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
dougivilla: Plus ur father = 6,000.

A bad workman bless his tools. So leave them alone.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
@utimatedes U're probably one of the few on this thread with a first hand information on this stuff, a one time beneficiary and one who also has interest in the current regime. You will do well to let us share from ur wealth of experience. A few questions have been asked in this and other threads. Maybe I should bring them to your notice:
1. Can one alter the proposed business idea at this stage?
2. Can one increase or decrease the grant amount stated earlier?
3. Can the bizness plan idea be modified or enlarged to include something else at this stage?
4. For those who may not possess expertise to prepare adequately their required financials i.e cash flows, profits and loss, balance sheets and others, whats the way out?
5. Is there any specific thing you think the markers will be looking out for or better put, what in your opinion can cause failure in this competition?
6. Are there sectors that are more favoured in this competition.
7. What if all i can come up with is less than one million or more than ten?
I'l stop for now.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by Richtalk: 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
dougivilla: I am almost there, what clarifications, lets see if I can help

They talked about not inputing figures in the areas shaded yellow in the financial cashflow template.

How come the gross staff wages and the Payroll expenses are coloured? I think its a mistakes. Cos those figures are needed to be able to input the overall estimated tax and calculate the net profit

What's your thought on that?
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by 1121: 8:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
neksummi: Youwin is for real. Two brothers in my church won the grant last year. And this year a friend of mine helped two ladies with their application and they both scaled through. The lady I helped also scaled through to the 2nd stage.

Let's talk about the cash flow template. Those that are knowledgable in that field should help us out please.
Two brothers won? I thought youwin is meant 4 only ladies. Pls I need more clarification
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
1121:
Two brothers won? I thought youwin is meant 4 only ladies. Pls I need more clarification

Youwin 2012(the current one) is for ladies only. The maiden edition 2011 was for all and it was then the 2 brothers won.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by olivertwist: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
dougivilla: As i dey talk now, i just wan leave benin. I come see my guy wey win =N=9M grant last year 4 youwin, wey e take dey do fish farming for more info as my wife don scale first stage. Yeah, Its for real man!

Yes Youlose Youwin is true. I got N100 Million but i don't know what to do with it. cheesy grin wink
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 12:07am On Mar 05, 2013
olivertwist:

Yes Youlose Youwin is true. I got N100 Million but i don't know what to do with it. cheesy grin wink

All you just need do is ask for more Olivertwist. Alternatively, pay the 100mil into my Last Bank Account: 9876543210. Just use any account name, it'll come through.

1 Like

Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by talktimi(m): 12:43am On Mar 05, 2013
Sorry to digress but all states have been collecting funds from the fed govts SURE-P initiayive, what have they been doing with such funds ?
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by Aafulenu(f): 3:26am On Mar 05, 2013
all these men here that are saying how they are helping their wifes and girlfiends. plus the ones filling forms. dont u'all think its unfair to those other women who are filling it on tbeir own? dont get me wrong, am not aganist helping ut frnds, but to completely take over their application process is quite unfair, if they cant write their business plan/plan their business hw do they intend to run it? or do u guys also intend to run it for them too?

1 Like

Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 7:37am On Mar 05, 2013
Richtalk:

They talked about not inputing figures in the areas shaded yellow in the financial cashflow template.

How come the gross staff wages and the Payroll expenses are coloured? I think its a mistakes. Cos those figures are needed to be able to input the overall estimated tax and calculate the net profit

What's your thought on that?
I am yet to work on that, but i want to believe those coloured columns or rows have been programmed to generate the expected figures. Do well to fill in other variables, the system will do the rest. All the best!
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 7:43am On Mar 05, 2013
Aafulenu: all these men here that are saying how they are helping their wifes and girlfiends. plus the ones filling forms. dont u'all think its unfair to those other women who are filling it on tbeir own? dont get me wrong, am not aganist helping ut frnds, but to completely take over their application process is quite unfair, if they cant write their business plan/plan their business hw do they intend to run it? or do u guys also intend to run it for them too?
Don't worry, theres a limit to the level of assistance one can render. If the women are not part of the process, it will show and they may not scale through. And who says it cannot be a co-founded enterprise with the woman as the front? There are provisions for that.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 7:45am On Mar 05, 2013
talktimi: Sorry to digress but all states have been collecting funds from the fed govts SURE-P initiayive, what have they been doing with such funds ?
Wrong thread!
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by greenmouse(m): 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
Am a witness to YOUWIN PRGRAMME.

An awardee 2011.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by 1Dray(m): 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
dougivilla: Wrong thread!

Mind the way you expose yourself on YouWin's facebook page. YouWin admins are watching, they can trace ur wife's work and disqualify her, because they see 'that' as cheating... I know what am talking about. You may assist your wife in running the business when she must have won but not helping her write the business plan for her to win.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 7:16am On Mar 08, 2013
1Dray:

Mind the way you expose yourself on YouWin's facebook page. YouWin admins are watching, they can trace ur wife's work and disqualify her, because they see 'that' as cheating... I know what am talking about. You may assist your wife in running the business when she must have won but not helping her write the business plan for her to win.

I actually don't see anything wrong with helping anyone write the business plan. To me working with someone who is more knowledgable on writing the plan will make the women understand their businesses better giving them better chances of succeeding. I however agree with you that one should not go about saying it on facebook or any other public forum what he's helping his wife do. Taken this correction.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
1Dray:

Thanks, I appreciate the advice but really don't understand what you mean by 'expose' in relation to discussing youwin on whatever platform. You must understand that:
1. Its not a do or die contest. My wife and I are quite busy with our respective business and career engagements and view the youwin women ONLY as ONE OF THE MANY WAYS of enhancing one of her ventures.
2. Even the organizers encourage communications as indicated on the youwin website
3. Co ownership of a business is permitted under the scheme.
4. I have never at any fora stated that I am engaged in business plan preparation for anybody.
5. What is most important is for whoever is the youwin business plan candidate to be able to defend her proposal effectively.
Thanks for ur observation all the same and see you @ d top!
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by Dicta18: 7:24am On Mar 09, 2013
Please how did you people download d cash template.I downloaded the other questions but d cash template is not opening.please help
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 8:32am On Mar 09, 2013
Dicta18: Please how did you people download d cash template.I downloaded the other questions but d cash template is not opening.please help

There may be something wrong with the computer you're using try another as there's nothing special in downloading the template.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 7:01am On Mar 10, 2013
Guys we've got a challenge along the line. Under the "Break Even Point" part of the business plan, we're confused about how to answer the following questions:
1. How much does it cost to produce 1 unit of product / service?
2. How much will you sell each product / service for (average price)?

Our confusing is due to the fact that we have different products whose selling prices range from as little as N30 to as much as N20000 per unit likewise the cost of production also varies by as much margin. How do we coin down an average that will be a true representation of the whole business?

Your suggestions will much be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 7:16am On Mar 12, 2013
Are second stage participants still in the house? I can see everyone is very busy with her work. But it's good we share ideas pls.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 9:32am On Mar 12, 2013
neksummi: Guys we've got a challenge along the line. Under the "Break Even Point" part of the business plan, we're confused about how to answer the following questions:
1. How much does it cost to produce 1 unit of product / service?
2. How much will you sell each product / service for (average price)?

Our confusing is due to the fact that we have different products whose selling prices range from as little as N30 to as much as N20000 per unit likewise the cost of production also varies by as much margin. How do we coin down an average that will be a true representation of the whole business?

Your suggestions will much be appreciated.

Thanks.
The explaination process might be too long to write. We just started the financials this morning, but I guess I've some idea on that. Call me lets discuss this on phone. I think it will make more sense. All the best!
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ok. Will do just that. Talk to you soon.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by Aafulenu(f): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
is anybody through? i just started financials today. and am finding it quite difficult projecting my sales. since ave neva don this business before am quite confused.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by dougivilla(m): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
Aafulenu: is anybody through? i just started financials today. and am finding it quite difficult projecting my sales. since ave neva don this business before am quite confused.
My wife's just finished like 5 minutes ago. The thing no easy oh! To God be the glory! What exactly is it u're trying to get?
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by neksummi(m): 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
dougivilla: My wife's just finished like 5 minutes ago. The thing no easy oh! To God be the glory! What exactly is it u're trying to get?

Congrats to your wife. The thing no easy I tell you! We hope to be through by Wednesday.
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by Aafulenu(f): 5:48am On Mar 19, 2013
hw did u pple derive ur sales? did u just guess any figure?
Re: Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants by mikolam(m): 6:42am On Mar 19, 2013
Is there a new financial template different from the one used last year?if there is can anyone send it to me @ adewumi_ayomide@yahoo.com.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How May I Use My Visa Card To Buy Laptop Online / Why Do People Start Up Business After Their Retirement? / Turkey Mini Importation Business - Buy & Ship From Turkey To Nigeria Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.