Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? (22006 Views)

7 Hot Weather(heat Wave) Safety Tips And Precautions / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Deiok(m): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
This weather nor be small ooh. I sweat go church and sweat come back. My church member and i come dey wonder if na I.T angel dey in-charge or dey duty today of the regulation of the sun. Cause no be small ooh.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ikweremilitant: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
alj harem: It is not easy. Lagos is soooooo hot angry yet ideeiots would say Power supply is improving
wait for d rainng season
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
hollandis: Are you kidding me ?Here its cold and snowing -3 degrees today.I will do anything for the heat.Cant wait for the summer undecided

Balling as usual. . .they asked a question about heat wave and you are talking about snow.

Oversabi
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Moukafoam(f): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
Kamardiran: u guys down there shud be happy with d weather.....come to kano and c wat is called heat!!!!!!!

See wahala oh! cheesy
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ichidodo: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
ABUJA.Thank GOD for A.C in my house,car and office. If not, i for don to black charq.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by k4kenny(f): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
Omo na inverter tins Oº°˚˚˚°º. Even with that its na so so heat d fan dey blow, even my 7wk old sweats a lot. Can't remember d last tym I had to put up with d irritating sound of the gen. Its lyk PHCN is in collaboration with d weather to make people's lyf miserable. Can't remember d last tym d battery was fully charged but with plenty managin, it lasts til d nxt tym dey decide to pity us and give us a few hours of lyt <sad
Na so so megawatts we dey hear evrytym, light we no see. What happened to d newly commisioned power stations in Lagos, are they functional? Power is gettimg worse by d day over here.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
I thought I was the only one experiencing this heat. The exhaustion no be here.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Paschal007: 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Its kinda cool here especially at night. Even more cooler when i sleep on the tiled floor. Downside...body ache
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Amazondepth(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
For Lokoja and makurdi,u no fit use hell fire threaten anybody again.d one wey dey there pass hades!cold pure water dey move business die!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by fadamekus(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
Here in ph no be small tin yet sum agboro of ph pple called nepa are comin for bill angry wey ur bill or we cut ur light like say no b candle we de usegrin
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by delors(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
As I dey type so, I swear its -6 degree and it feels like -16 (Google Waterloo)... I fit trade that heat for this terrible cold now...Plus i come dey hear say its even getting hot at -6'? Am I madt! Meanwhile, i can imagine wetin dey happen for Lagos now...all u gat to to do is shower regularly, drink lots of water and maybe soft drinks and wear light clothes (preferably white shirts and white singlets)...plus face cap to protect ur face and neck...
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by BB013(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
Talibanis: Hmmm....guess Hell is leaking somewhere into mother earth! undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Lizzypop: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
I sleep with my doors open cos d heat here something else.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Mavor: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
Buy rechargeable fan
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by 0Edward0(m): 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
BarryX: Dear Sun. There's no contest, its not a competition. U're still d hottest tin in  planet, nobody dey drag ª̳͡♏ wit u. Pls stop showing off abeg 3-|
my belle oooooo, i laugh so tay water comot for my eyes

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Mightyodi: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
in amassoma bayelsa state, freaky hot man, fowl go lay boiled egg,just put bucket of water outside, u dont nid gas certainly u will make eba
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by dokunbam(m): 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
no be small thing for here
i just do want to talk about it
NEPA where is there lite
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by kpolli(m): 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
Una dey complain, we wey see -2 degrees this morning... I dey find that naija heat, I don't mind it
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by charlisco(m): 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
i tot it was only me that it is affecting. for a day i drank upto 10 sachet of package water.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Dygeasy(m): 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
omodapson:
Lol! One man's meat is poison to another. But I would say the weather has been fair in Ibadan.
my brother which part of Ibadan are you? My area is a water logged area so you can imagine how cold it will always be during the rainy season but hey, the heat here is crazy like mad. As in eh! Crazy!!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Policewoman(f): 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
ichidodo: ABUJA.Thank GOD for A.C in my house,car and office. If not, i for don to black charq.
E be like i go come crash for your house o! Lol.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by AkpuNku2: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
the weather is still cold over here, i still dey use blanket dey sleep
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
Buy an Inverter and save urself the sleepless nights...

With 180k you can get a 1.5KVa inverter with batteries and a zero operating cost afterwards...

Worst case scenario in the absence of PHCN power to charge the inverter, you can as well charge it using ur petrol generator for 3hours (10pm to 1am) and enjoy (Inverter's DC to AC) power till 6am (Reduced operating cost) instead of running ur gen all night.

Time don reach wey we suppose begin embrace renewable energies to meet our basic power needs instead of waiting for PHCN.

As I dey type now, Na Generator I take dey charge my inverter, when I off am by 1am, na Inverter go power my ceiling fan till 6am.

Wetin una think say dey power ATM machines 24/7? Na inverters oh!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by imperiouxx(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
Human being will always complain. I still have pity for those freezing in Michigan, Minnesota, Alaska etc come down to New Mexico where heater dey run my electric bill like crazy every month. $120/mo on power dey make me angry
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by young9ja(m): 9:57pm On Mar 03, 2013
trolling: una never see anything just wait till the sun gets seven fold,me i go dey chillax under tree
de heat is 2much can u imagin am de lst pure water I tak now mak it up 2 15pure waters I av takin 2day am still goin 2tak about 3 b4 I Slip and am liyin dwo out side room no light our foolishness gen de do overflouting god save me 2day
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by young9ja(m): 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
imperiouxx: Human being will always complain. I still have pity for those freezing in Michigan, Minnesota, Alaska etc come down to New Mexico where heater dey run my electric bill like crazy every month. $120/mo on power dey make me angry
Hahahah
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ichidodo: 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
Policewoman: E be like i go come crash for your house o! Lol.
Absolutely delighted to have u on board.U know am a big fan of ures.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by mysticgal(f): 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
the heat in abuja is killing,even fan dey blow hot air.thats why ac is good,but for how long.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ninamyers: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
Biggyd2: No be small thing o! If tosay pepsin be yam, man for don cook tey tey. angry NEPA con dey fall pepsin hand join big time. undecided Just come out for the sun for 5mins, body go fone you! De sun even tire the AC sef. I wonder wetin North go be like now?

North hia is really really hot, if i may say, hot like d dessert, Gosh we all drink lots of water, i don't go out except wen it's time to pick my son up frm sch, n wen i'm out i hurry back home n turn on my AC. N all it tells me is 33degrees, (basically d temp outside). Walahi d heat is terrible. N worse @ nyt. PHCN isn't helping matters normally we have light 24/7(honestly) but since d heat wave started, it's quite epileptic, right now no light, so we on gen. I pray for rain like everyday.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by olajide8(m): 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
The temperature has been clocking 41-43degrees for some about 4 days now, and in all honesty, the nights are not palatable either, they have been ranging between 26-30degrees, I have been pouring water everywhere, including on the walls and around, if not for the office airconditioner that is powerful, and the fact that PHCN is mistakenly giving the business area power, hmm, man for don die, since of meningitis
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Ikamenze(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
tonididdy: Heatwave gini?...not here in benincity.its just a normal weather like everyother year.its always being sunny and hot;you and your scientists are just seeing and assuming things...
Na dis Benin city wey I dey u dey talk about abi na Benin Republic?
Its hot as hell here....I got sun burns and everything....I don't go outside unless its absolutely necessary so wtf are u talking about?

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by trolling(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
imperiouxx: Human being will always complain. I still have pity for those freezing in Michigan, Minnesota, Alaska etc come down to New Mexico where heater dey run my electric bill like crazy every month. $120/mo on power dey make me angry
your own pass my own,my own na 50 something dollars o but i been think dem dey over charge me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Genital Herpes: Symptoms, Causes, Risks, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment / Ijeoma Nnodim: A Paediatrician Born Deaf; An Inspirational Story (Photos) / Househelp Forcefully Delivers 6-month-old Baby In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.