Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (25353 Views)

Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) / Fashola Visits Niger State In Traditional Attire (photos) / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:11am On Mar 04, 2013
born2fuck: See how dem igbo people destroy ladipo market

Ladipo Market is still cleaner that Tejuosho market, Balogun Market, e.t.c..

Na una People dirty the place like that!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why are Ibos so self-centered ?

You lot should just stop all these whining and unnecessary distractions and allow those we have given the mandate to exercise it.

No amount of your subtle blackmail will deter this train of Lagos.

Why wont Ibos be self-centered when AWO stole all their money and they have to survive by the fittest including hustling at LADIKPO

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2013
Ishsoph:

[/b]You speak with both sides of ur mouth. Your attempt at sounding neutral makes u sound pathetic instead. Reread ur post and advice yourself when next u wanna post.

You dey mind Okija juju? I don't know what he sniffs before coming to nairaland.

OKIJA JUJU! FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS THAT IGBO SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG! grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by born2boink(m): 11:21am On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

I don't rap with spiritualist/herbalist abeg, I no want trouble with the gods
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:24am On Mar 04, 2013
berem: You dey mind Okija juju? I don't know what he sniffs before coming to nairaland.

OKIJA JUJU! FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS THAT IGBO SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG! grin

Berem!! Berem!!!! Berem!!!!!!

How many tines I call you?!

Stop playing with my love and emotions for you o!!

So you dey support that Mpki Upper Iweka wey no fit read and understand my text!
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by PointB: 11:33am On Mar 04, 2013
It may not be too far fetch to think or even suggest that Fashola is gradually becoming a showman. It is my opinion that Fashola often create this unfortunate scenario, draw in the press, in order to be seen as working.

I personally don't see why Fashola need to visit the market after closing it to create the impression that he is vindicated. Any major open market will certainly look like a junk yard when forcefully and haphazardly closed. Have you even for once look at the mess you create when you move from an old house, to a new one?

The whole fiasco looks like a big set-up by fashola (and his minders) to create an impression that he is working.

But we all know that Fashola earns nothing less than N30 Billion, as at last count, in monthly revenue. How much of this money has been spent improving this market, and others prior to forcefully depriving the tax-payers of their livelihood?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 04, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Why wont Ibos be self-centered when AWO stole all their money and they have to survive by the fittest including hustling at LADIKPO

You are dodging the essence and substance....

You want to go through again the rigmarole of this whole £20 shytee on this thread?
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

Berem!! Berem!!!! Berem!!!!!!

How many tines I call you?!

Stop playing with my love and emotions for you o!!

So you dey support that Mpki Upper Iweka wey no fit read and understand my text!
Stop sniffing that stuff! it's not good for your health. Besides, it's not your fault you don't understand what you wrote. Na we go tell you say you dey misyarn. hehehehe! grin
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 04, 2013
Honestly there are some f.ools that just don't deceive a decent response to on this thread... undecided

They keep mouthing the same victim balderdash all the times..from thread to thread on this forum.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by ocheejemb: 11:37am On Mar 04, 2013
I take it you havent heard of LAWMA
PointB: Besides, is there no Environmental Protection/Sanitation Agency in the state (Lagos)? What exactly their job description?

Wouldn't they have been well served doing their own bit to keep the market and other environment clean. Why do Nigerians panders to tribalism in very basic things? Most of the clowns posting here are busy shouting 'Igbo!, Igbo!!' when common sense suggests that sanitation agency failed woefully to do their job. And what is being exposed here is the failure of Fashola Government to do it's duty. A government that pockets tax and shirks on it responsibility, is as bad could be. Why take out you failure on the citizen? Government have an ingenious way of blaming their failures on the citizen. Fashola is one example of this type of government.

In closing Ladipo Market, the government has admitted that the agencies responsible for sanitation is lacking in ideas, and or tools to do what is necessary to do their jobs. Close one thousands market if you like, without putting the necessary tool in place, the dirt will return as soon as the markets are open. Take a look at Oshodi and see what has become of the place. There is something fundamentally wrong in the way LASG government go about closing market and demolishing buildings, paucity of ideas is a common denominator in these plethora of Fashola's misadventure, he is losing it by the day!

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2013
berem: Stop sniffing that stuff! it's not good for your health. Besides, it's not your fault you don't understand what you wrote. Na we go tell you say you dey misyarn. hehehehe! grin

Keep pushing my buttons... I no blame you! Na love dey do me!!

Anyways.. All I simply said is;

I may be an Igbo man, but I support Fashola to leave the market closed until all has been restored.. Afterall, na the Traders dey immediately and directly responsible for their environment.

However, Fashola sef needs to remember that his agencies that were collecting levies from these traders for sanitation, e.t.c also have some faluts in the matter.

No dey behave like who graduate from Imo State Poly!! angry
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by IleIfe2(m): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2013
Market or rafuse dump?
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Obiora4life: 11:41am On Mar 04, 2013
PointB: It may not be too far fetch to think or even suggest that Fashola is gradually becoming a showman. It is my opinion that Fashola often create this unfortunate scenario, draw in the press, in order to be seen as working.

I personally don't see why Fashola need to visit the market after closing it to create the impression that he is vindicated. Any major open market will certainly look like a junk yard when forcefully and haphazardly closed. Have you even for once look at the mess you create when you move from an old house, to a new one?

The whole fiasco looks like a big set-up by fashola (and his minders) to create an impression that he is working.

But we all know that Fashola earns nothing less than N30 Billion, as at last count, in monthly revenue. How much of this money has been spent improving this market, and others prior to forcefully depriving the tax-payers of their livelihood?

Haha, showman? That's what he is, always putting the cart before the horse, sometime I ask myself if he ever thinks before making decisions. Anyway let him continue on his path, he's bent on grinding Lagos to a halt and he will get what he's been yearning for.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

Keep pushing my buttons... I no blame you! Na love dey do me!!

Anyways.. All I simply said is;

I may be an Igbo man, but I support Fashola to leave the market closed until all has been restored.. Afterall, na the Traders dey immediately and directly responsible for their environment.

However, Fashola sef needs to remember that his agencies that were collecting levies from these traders for sanitation, e.t.c also have some faluts in the matter.

No dey behave like who graduate from Imo State Poly!! angry
What's wrong with Imo Poly? abi no be school again?
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by ocheejemb: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2013
People clean after themselves in these places. They dont dump garbage into drainage or block everywhere with illegal stalls. Here in the UK you face a hefty fine if your dog poos on the street and you dont clear up of it, and God help you if you are caught dumping garbage somewhere you shouldt. On top of this they also pay hefty sums per month as council tax to cover garbage disposal.

seguno2: While Fashola's attention to the filthy situation is good, the man should show a greater understanding of how government works than he has shown so far in this matter.
[size=14pt]Why are taxes, levies, rates paid by the traders to the LGA and Sanitation agencies?[/size]
What is the role of the LG authorities in cleaning up the markets and public spaces?
How is it done in the UK, US, Canada, Australia and other places where we like to escape?
Who keeps the open public spaces in VI, Ikoyi clean?
Who will keep the general public spaces, roads, streets in the proposed Eko Atlantic City clean- residents or the local government covering the area?
We need to also educate ourselves on the roles and functions of each level of government to the people to make the PUBLIC SERVANTS live up to their responsibilities.

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:46am On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life:

Haha, showman? That's what he is, always putting the cart before the horse, sometime I ask myself if he ever thinks before making decisions. Anyway let him continue on his path, he's bent on grinding Lagos to a halt and he will get what he's been yearning for.

Nwokem cool down...

If you see something bad, say its bad.. That Market is an eyesore.. The traders sef are also at risk working in such environments.

The market should remain closed until it is fixed.

Obi needs to do same to Onitsha Market also, Ariria Market in Aba needs similar treatment!

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by PointB: 11:50am On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life:

I tell you.

I simply cannot find a better description for the Fashola often set out to do his job. He failed to ensure that the place was in good shape, then he closed it down, now he's gone there to confirm his inability to carry out his duty. In all he blame the traders who ordinarily pay tax for these things to be done on their behalf. Sadly we have some choirs, mainly his blind supporters, praising his myopia to high heavens. No one bother to ask what he does with the huge revenue he receives both from the federation and from taxes. Very disheartening I must say.

I am very convinced now that fashola is a showman, no more no less.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Panter215: 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
I do not understand why the government cannot work with the people at Ladipo to transform the market without resorting to market closure. See the cost implications for both the traders and customers. I am sure the Igbo man selling parts at Iyan-Isolo has hiked is price to accomodate this situation and by the way the shop is a branch of the one at Ladipo.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
Delafruita:
you failed to acknowledge the fact that there is compulsory sanitation in all markets from 7-10am every thursday,is it the government that comes to do the sanitation?if the traders in ladipo had been doing it,will the market be that filthy?

^^^I don't think you appreciate the volume of waste generated in a day (never mind a week!), in a busy market like Ladipo. The traders should only be responsible for evacuating waste from their respective (and approved) stalls/shops, to a central location approved by the local gov't authority responsible; and said authority should in turn be evacuating waste from the market after close of business every evening.....unfailingly.

I've seen pics of filthy canals and streets being shown as justification for closing the market down; the traders should have been responsible for cleaning up those places only if they are on private property (ie- if the road and canal in question are part of the private property of the Ladipo market association), but if it is a public asset then the gov't has shirked in its responsibility to its tax payers and is just looking for whom to blame for its incompetence.

It's the responsibilty of gov't to provide public utilities like restrooms and pipe-borne water; and given the amount of tax/levies that the Lagos state and local gov'ts collect from businesses and individuals, i think they're just exposing themselves as being incompetent, corrupt, petty and clueless given the hasty action of closing down Ladipo market.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by timpaker(m): 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
All these tribalist claiming and siding with Lagos State gov't are not even from Lagos.

Just because you are a yoruba living in Lagos state does not make you a lagosian, u dig?
See them abandoning their state of origin (Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and kwara etc just to claim Lagos state and would always accuse the Northerner or Easterner for any woos in the State as if they aren't a problem also.

@topic. I commend Fashola for this bold step, you can't do business in an unhealthy environment and possibly cause sewage blockage and environmental hazards and expect the gov't to shake hands with you.

Haba! some people should be human for once!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

I wasnt trying to sound neutral...

FASHOLA SHOULD LEAVE THAT MARKET CLOSED UNTIL EVERYTHING IS PUT BACK IN ITS PROPER PLACE.. However, he shouldnt forget that some of his agencies also failed in their responsibilities to these traders as well.

Is this the simple thing you couldnt understand?!

Na wah o!!

Unfortunately you dont even understand your 'simple' writeup. Let me help you SIR! the summarry of what you wrote is this: The traders pay taxes/levies and the Govrnment has clean-up Agencies charged with the responsibility of making the enviroment of the taxed traders business friendly. Its as 'simple' as that!
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Badcoin: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa:

It's not the state's responsibility clean your market and teach you proper hygiene, that's your own responsibility.

What's next? Ask the state to clean your house for you because you pay property tax?
Whose responsibilities is it to dispose after you clean? This is where the government is failing mightily.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Shankboye(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
stupid local people...u don't pay taxes for cleaning up, dats why u pay for waste management...and besides you are paying for government to pick up your waste not to sweep and clean up ur mess , u still have to do the cleaning your self and put dem in one place for waste management to pickup... don't think because u are paying taxes and waste management, government should now come and sweep ur shops and houses for u. Okija juju u have spoken well... dont mind does people , dem no dey think straight..just free dem
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Shankboye(m): 12:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
Badcoin: Whose responsibilities is it to dispose after you clean? This is where the government is failing mightily.
if everybody is cleaning up den d dirt wont be all over the places, it should be in one place
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by baysol: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
danniekute: u cant be Igbo,and we cant accept u...ewu ofia.

You think there is something special in being a bigot igbo? The igbos are no different from rats see where they transact their make believe N1 Billion a day business. It shows this people are not in south west for any positive thing other than what they will gain only. Igbos go back to your Biafra home.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by frevangel(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
This is EARSORE! Anyway, most markets in Lagos are like that, even some streets!
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Shankboye(m): 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
Ishsoph:

Unfortunately you dont even understand your 'simple' writeup. Let me help you SIR! the summarry of what you wrote is this: The traders pay taxes/levies and the Govrnment has clean-up Agencies charged with the responsibility of making the enviroment of the taxed traders business friendly. Its as 'simple' as that!

dumb! the government should be the one cleaning up? chai.... government is suppose to pickup and not clean up...haha when una wan dey think straight self
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
So far so good only on poster has been able to identify the cause of filth at Ladipo market. Overcrowding is the major cause of dirtiness in the market, I think it is the responsibility of the government to relocate some of the traders elsewhere because no amount of agreement can stop filthiness in the market, it will stop for few days
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by ayotolah: 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

Na wah for u o. Ladipo market is cleaner than Tejuosho and Balogun markewts? You are very funny.it seems you don't go to these markets.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Maxymilliano(m): 12:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
The governor need to also extend similar punishment to the Chairman of Mushin LG and the Lawma comptroller in charge of the district instead of punishing the traders for the failings on the part of some of the government officials ...

There's hardly any market in Lagos that don't have levies for environmental sanitation, apart from the regular weekly sanitation exercise and daily financial obligations (tax, rate, security, levies, etc), which goes into the coffers of government and government agents.

Government is a social contract, If this same levies and charges can serve as a boost to government drive towards increasing IGR, why can't same government ensure provision of the much needed service to engender prompt refuse disposal and a healthy business climate as the case may be here?

For the mere fact that markets, at various locations in Lagos has been closed in the past due to same reasons is a pointer that something is fundamentally wrong with the current system of operation and it will take more than just shutting down for sanity to be entrenched in markets in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

Either you don't know these two markets to be comparing them to the eyesores we are assail with daily at Auto-Ladipo spare parts markets (Part of the Ajao Street and Palm Avenue sections of the market are still much opened) or you are just trying to be mischievous.

Unfortunately most of you commenting on this thread have never been to this market before in your lifetime...but here you are exhibiting crass and base bigotry.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by JahMan1: 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
I guess your Fashola will soon close Otto food market also because that one is too filthy for a food market.He might not do that since the traders constitute roughly 50:50 between his people and Igbos.
If you have gone to buy something at Ladipo,you will pity those Igbo boys.
After purchasing some motor parts,I was stopped by some hoodlums who demanded to know the worth of what I bought.My customer intervened and they collected their normal fee.I mean those jobless Yoruba omo-oniles collect fees from not only the traders but buyers. What are the levies meant for? To clean up the place ofcourse.
Aside from these levies,the traders are also meant to do weekly clean up every Thursday to clean their environment before opening shop. The leaders enforce this.
But tell me how far they can clean up the place when the levies paid are shared from Alausa down to the 'Area boys'? Then the dirty neighbourhood dump their bags of gabbage inside for them to clean up. Same rubbish I noticed in one area in Lagos.
It is a subtle plot for Fashola to close their shops with their goods in there while He and his cronies think about what to convert the place to. If eventually it retains its status as spare part market,then those Igbo traders will pay through their noses to get a tiny slot. Ask Tejuosho traders and understand.
I dislike the subtle way Fashola and his team are making those Igbo traders to suffer and every time you want them to clap for him because he appointed 'their brother' as a commissioner.
Even in finding a school for your ward is now tougher than getting a US visa in Lagos. Imagine after paying an annual tax in 7-digits to this ungrateful state,all the roads in my area are death traps,area boys are ignored to operate freely,while I cannot enjoy the benefit of sending a househelp to a decent public school.
Let no untamed surfer tell me to relocate to my place. I am ready to do that for a very long time if only my kind of job is not situated in head office but in regions.
Enough of this hype of Fashola being a performing governor,he is plain annoying.
Okija_juju: As an Igbo man, I know I am supposed to side with my people, but I'm sorry... FASHOLA SHOULD LEAVE THAT MARKET CLOSED UNTIL ALL THE CHANGES ARE IN PLACE..

However, he should also remember that these traders have been paying taxes for ages before now. The illegal structures may have been put up by the traders, but was there a taskforce or agency responsible for that market before now?! What about the States Environmental agency that has been collecting levies and all from these traders?! Do you mean that this is the first time they are realizing that all the Markets in Lagos are very filthy?! As much as I support this move by the government, I think the Government needs to also get up and live up to its responsibilities to these people as well..

EKO!! Una no dey slack sha!! Well done!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo In Zambia To Commission Dangote Cement Factory / What Jonathan, Makarfi, PDP Governors Discussed In Caucus Meeting / Fashola Inspects Oweto Bridge Nearing Completion - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.