Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (25361 Views)

Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) / Fashola Visits Niger State In Traditional Attire (photos) / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by mrofficial2(m): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2013
Abeg, they should open Ladipo market ooo. I need some spare parts for my Jinp. cool
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Zet72(m): 9:24am On Mar 04, 2013
dayokanu: If you cant conduct yourself in a normal way befitting of human then relocate back to your villages in Ekiti, Gombe or Abia

Na the same people go come dey lament say Lagos dirty. Dem spoil dem village wan come spoil Lagos for the indegenes

Ati oko wa ba Ile je gbogbo
wink
dayokanu: If you cant conduct yourself in a normal way befitting of human then relocate back to your villages in Ekiti, Gombe or Abia

Na the same people go come dey lament say Lagos dirty. Dem spoil dem village wan come spoil Lagos for the indegenes

chief tribalist we hav notice u, so crawl back to ur hole....ode

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by sportfeva(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2013
This is where traders are displaying their wares making 10 billion/day. Naija Walmat my foot. They are so money oriented, don't bother about customer. Abeg, the place need overhaul. Real one.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by ochukoccna: 9:29am On Mar 04, 2013
So Ladipo has been reduced to this?
Is this the cesspit some mumus says rakes in 10 billion daily?
I laff in Arochukwu
And to think some phools said Fash was trying to stiffle Ibos and all that sh*t
The enviroment is more than an eyesore

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 04, 2013
My God!!! It is quite filthy there, something should be done.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Demdem(m): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Thank goodness that market was shut down. Similar actions are needed here in ph. Amaechi should wake up.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by PointB: 9:34am On Mar 04, 2013
dplordx: PointB

Yes, the Agency should go and clean up Lapido abi?
I dont know the problem of my fellow ibos, you keep praising Chime, Orji, Peter, and yet you wont relocate your business back to these new shiny Manhattans or New Yorks, and go and enjoy the massive development there. All you do is keep attacking BRF, claiming hes a thief, hes a racist, hes arrogant, etc. Biko, go back home, and go set up your business in that over-developed village of yours HABA grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sharrap your putrid mouth my friend. Who is talking about Igbo here? We are talking about right thing being done and you are here blapping about things you know little or nothing about?

Perhaps you should read slowly to understand arguments before using any logic to make your contributions. There are state agencies tasked with ensuring that the environment are clean. If these agencies did their job properly, there would be absolutely no need to close any market. The failure of the agencies to do their job should lie squarely on the foot of the State Government/Governor not on traders who pay taxes for this to be done on their behalf.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by PointB: 9:39am On Mar 04, 2013
I hope that the LASG government use the opportunity of this misstep to put the right machinery in place to ensure that the filth in Ladipo and all other markets they have closed in recent time does not return. I personally doubt that closing a market is the best way to approach issues such as this. Unfortunately government world over, never learn. Fashola cannot be an exception in any case. Look again at Oshodi

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Delafruita(m): 9:41am On Mar 04, 2013
PointB: Besides, is there no Environmental Protection/Sanitation Agency in the state (Lagos)? What exactly their job description?

Wouldn't they have been well served doing their own bit to keep the market and other environment clean. Why do Nigerians panders to tribalism in very basic things? Most of the clowns posting here are busy shouting 'Igbo!, Igbo!!' when common sense suggests that sanitation agency failed woefully to do their job. And what is being exposed here is the failure of Fashola Government to do it's duty. A government that pockets tax and shirks on it responsibility, is as bad could be. Why take out you failure on the citizen? Government have an ingenious way of blaming their failures on the citizen. Fashola is one example of this type of government.

In closing Ladipo Market, the government has admitted that the agencies responsible for sanitation is lacking in ideas, and or tools to do what is necessary to do their jobs. Close one thousands market if you like, without putting the necessary tool in place, the dirt will return as soon as the markets are open. Take a look at Oshodi and see what has become of the place. There is something fundamentally wrong in the way LASG government go about closing market and demolishing buildings, paucity of ideas is a common denominator in these plethora of Fashola's misadventure, he is losing it by the day!

you failed to acknowledge the fact that there is compulsory sanitation in all markets from 7-10am every thursday,is it the government that comes to do the sanitation?if the traders in ladipo had been doing it,will the market be that filthy?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by seguno2: 9:44am On Mar 04, 2013
While Fashola's attention to the filthy situation is good, the man should show a greater understanding of how government works than he has shown so far in this matter.
[size=14pt]Why are taxes, levies, rates paid by the traders to the LGA and Sanitation agencies?[/size]
What is the role of the LG authorities in cleaning up the markets and public spaces?
How is it done in the UK, US, Canada, Australia and other places where we like to escape?
Who keeps the open public spaces in VI, Ikoyi clean?
Who will keep the general public spaces, roads, streets in the proposed Eko Atlantic City clean- residents or the local government covering the area?
We need to also educate ourselves on the roles and functions of each level of government to the people to make the PUBLIC SERVANTS live up to their responsibilities.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by ayotolah: 9:48am On Mar 04, 2013
PointB: Besides, is there no Environmental Protection/Sanitation Agency in the state (Lagos)? What exactly their job description?

Wouldn't they have been well served doing their own bit to keep the market and other environment clean. Why do Nigerians panders to tribalism in very basic things? Most of the clowns posting here are busy shouting 'Igbo!, Igbo!!' when common sense suggests that sanitation agency failed woefully to do their job. And what is being exposed here is the failure of Fashola Government to do it's duty. A government that pockets tax and shirks on it responsibility, is as bad could be. Why take out you failure on the citizen? Government have an ingenious way of blaming their failures on the citizen. Fashola is one example of this type of government.

In closing Ladipo Market, the government has admitted that the agencies responsible for sanitation is lacking in ideas, and or tools to do what is necessary to do their jobs. Close one thousands market if you like, without putting the necessary tool in place, the dirt will return as soon as the markets are open. Take a look at Oshodi and see what has become of the place. There is something fundamentally wrong in the way LASG government go about closing market and demolishing buildings, paucity of ideas is a common denominator in these plethora of Fashola's misadventure, he is losing it by the day!
What has become of Oshodi? Kindly explain...because I don't understand what you're trying to say or the point you're trying to prove. Please, explain.

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by seguno2: 9:50am On Mar 04, 2013
Delafruita:
you failed to acknowledge the fact that there is compulsory sanitation in all markets from 7-10am every thursday,is it the government that comes to do the sanitation?if the traders in ladipo had been doing it,will the market be that filthy?

This is actually an abnormality carried over from the dimwit military DICTATOR and maximum RULER we had between 1983-1985: Mullah Buhari.
Why should you pay(taxes, levies, rates, federal monthly allocation etc) to someone(LGAs and state governments) for a service and that same person FORCES you the citizen to do his job
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by seguno2: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2013
Are Mile 12, Ketu, Oke Arin, Sandgrosse, Jankara, Isale Eko and other markets dominated by yorubas less filthy than Ladipo market
That question is for the tribal warlords here.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by nitlad: 9:53am On Mar 04, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

Sordid eyesore!

That some repugnant goons are bawling about the lockdown of this Squalid Palace shows they are bastards who should be sent back to the various crevices they crept out from!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 9:53am On Mar 04, 2013
As much as i know, i don't see anything wrong with Fashola action...... I'm a business man in Alaba Int'l Market, we pay 200 naira every week for refuge dump.
The last time i went there to buy my motor parts, damn! that place is 2 dirty
To say the truth, that is not only need to close but to relocate.
reason: the market is too small to accommodate the kinds of business activities that is going on there. Secondary, the location did not suit that kind of business
"Cleanliness is next to godliness" as we was thought. You don't expect to do Business in dirty environment and prosper,
haven said this, I'll also urge Fashola to visit order places like Alaba alago, Okokomaiko and other well known dirty business area own by Yorubas and Hausas

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by ayotolah: 9:54am On Mar 04, 2013

What has become of Oshodi market today? Kindly explain...because I don't understand what you're trying to say or what point you're trying to prove. Please, throw more light.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by romanlaw(m): 10:04am On Mar 04, 2013
GARRI (x7):
These IGBO traders in Lagos are very senseless. After making 100 billion daily see the mess they're creating.

Fashola was kind to have only closed the market, the traders ought to have been arrested and charged for degrading the environment and constituting a nuisance to the health, lives and well-being of other law-abiding Lagosians..

angry

NOW I KNO WHOW MUCH THIS GARRI HAS AFFECTED YOUR BRAIN : 1) WHAT HAS YOUR FASHOLA DONE FOR THE PEOPLE OF LADIPO SINCE HE CAME TO POWER EXCEPT COLLECTING OF REVENUE FROM THEM. 2) DID FASHOLA PROPVIDED REFUSE DISPOSAL FOR THEM 3) DID FASHOLA PROVIDE TOILETS FOR THEM 4) POST A PITURE OR EVIDENCE OF ONE SINGLE THING FASHOLA HAS PROVIDED FOR THI SINNOCENT TRADERS FROM ALL BILLIONS HE COLLECTS FROM THEM EVERYDAY. AM NOT IBO BUT HIS ACTION IS PURE WICKEDNESS, HATRED, TRIBAL AND ENVY WHICH IS TYPICAL OF YORUBA RACE.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 10:05am On Mar 04, 2013
ochukoccna: So Ladipo has been reduced to this?
Is this the cesspit some mumus says rakes in 10 billion daily?
I laff in Arochukwu
And to think some phools said Fash was trying to stiffle Ibos and all that sh*t
The enviroment is more than an eyesore
You have spoken well, Fashola has done a great job both for God and humanity by closing that market, truly that place need cleansing or even relocating but let the good work not stop from there, here in Alaba Int'l Market there was a place predominantly by Hausas its called Alaba rago, the cleaning or closure of the market is over due.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by ayotolah: 10:06am On Mar 04, 2013

What has become of Oshodi market? Kindly explain please...because I don't understand what you're trying to say or what point you're trying to prove. Please, throw more light.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2013
PointB:

Sharrap your putrid mouth my friend. Who is talking about Igbo here? We are talking about right thing being done and you are here blapping about things you know little or nothing about?

Perhaps you should read slowly to understand arguments before using any logic to make your contributions. There are state agencies tasked with ensuring that the environment are clean. If these agencies did their job properly, there would be absolutely no need to close any market. The failure of the agencies to do their job should lie squarely on the foot of the State Government/Governor not on traders who pay taxes for this to be done on their behalf.
I wonder o! The Chairman of Mushin Local Government ought to be relieved of his duty. Why should the traders pay heavy tax and not be provided with water and toilet facilities? What is the essence of paying tax anyway?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by PointB: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2013
Delafruita:

It is not a matter of compulsory sanitation for the sake of it. I have seen compulsory sanitation exercise where the waste are accumulated in one spot, but no one to cart them away. Some of them ended up being recycled back to the system.

For compulsory sanitation exercise to work, a system of efficient waste disposal must be in place. Otherwise, the waste generated will end up in the usual place - drainage system, and any unused space.

Now until the LASG is able to provide this efficient waste disposal system, closing one thousand market or demolishing a million slum will not produce whatever result the government intends. Unless of course the intention is to redistribute the place to their cronies.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 04, 2013
Modified
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 10:24am On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=ayotolah][/quote]
Here in Alaba Int'l Market we're paying our tax, paying our annual tenement rate but there is nothing like State govt presence here. This issue of environmental cleaning, to say the truth our own section is paying 300,000 per month to LAWMA to dispose our refuge. We have like 6 section in Alaba Int'l
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 04, 2013
seguno2: Are Mile 12, Ketu, Oke Arin, Sandgrosse, Jankara, Isale Eko and other markets dominated by yorubas less filthy than Ladipo market
That question is for the tribal warlords here.

Mushin market was demolished..nobody cried foul:
https://www.nairaland.com/1062672/demolished-mushin-market-pictures

What was your reaction when this took place:
https://www.nairaland.com/1171931/lagos-shut-mile-12-ketu

This one below is presently happening in Badia East:
https://www.nairaland.com/1212246/fashola-destroys-slums-lagos-leaving

Why are Ibos so self-centered ?

You lot should just stop all these whining and unnecessary distractions and allow those we have given the mandate to exercise it.

No amount of your subtle blackmail will deter this train of Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by PointB: 10:35am On Mar 04, 2013
berem: I wonder o! The Chairman of Mushin Local Government ought to be relieved of his duty. Why should the traders pay heavy tax and not be provided with water and toilet facilities? What is the essence of paying tax anyway?

That's exactly the point here. Every other thing is missing the point!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by basadenet: 10:40am On Mar 04, 2013
I felt for those traders at Ladipo Market, but truth is that they are careless about their environment, if you are a regular visitor to Ladipo Market you would know what i am saying. More so the place is so choked up and not conductive for a market of that magnitude. They should relocate to a more better and spacious place. Meanwhile Gov. Fashola should re open the place on compassionate ground and they too should reciprocate by adhering strictly to all environmental laws of Lagos State.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2013
Gosh Lagos is phucking dirty.How do people who leave there cope?The life expectancy must be very low for residents
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by sweetnigga(m): 10:56am On Mar 04, 2013

YOU ARE A BIG POO...AKPA AMU!
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju: As an Igbo man, I know I am supposed to side with my people, but I'm sorry... FASHOLA SHOULD LEAVE THAT MARKET CLOSED UNTIL ALL THE CHANGES ARE IN PLACE..

However, he should also remember that these traders have been paying taxes for ages before now. The illegal structures may have been put up by the traders, but was there a taskforce or agency responsible for that market before now?! What about the States Environmental agency that has been collecting levies and all from these traders?! Do you mean that this is the first time they are realizing that all the Markets in Lagos are very filthy?! [/b]As much as I support this move by the government, [b]I think the Government needs to also get up and live up to its responsibilities to these people as well..

EKO!! Una no dey slack sha!! Well done!

[/b]You speak with both sides of ur mouth. Your attempt at sounding neutral makes u sound pathetic instead. Reread ur post and advice yourself when next u wanna post.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by born2boink(m): 11:05am On Mar 04, 2013
See how dem igbo people destroy ladipo market
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:10am On Mar 04, 2013
Ishsoph:

[/b]You speak with both sides of ur mouth. Your attempt at sounding neutral makes u sound pathetic instead. Reread ur post and advice yourself when next u wanna post.

I wasnt trying to sound neutral...

FASHOLA SHOULD LEAVE THAT MARKET CLOSED UNTIL EVERYTHING IS PUT BACK IN ITS PROPER PLACE.. However, he shouldnt forget that some of his agencies also failed in their responsibilities to these traders as well.

Is this the simple thing you couldnt understand?!

Na wah o!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

U-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e!!! Obasanjo Is An Igbo Man / Imo Government Comes To Aid Of Abandoned Sick Wife Whose Pics Went Viral / Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.